Palladium Books® Weekly Update – October 4, 2013
By Kevin Siembieda
Let’s jump right into it.
UPDATE: Rifts® Northern Gun™ One – Ships October 24, 2013
Rifts® Northern Gun™ One is DONE and at the printer. It’s epic. You’ll love it. It contains more than 70 weapons and 27 robots, the most ever of either presented in any one Rifts® book. The robots all have elaborate descriptions, and not just cool ‘Bots, but all sorts of new concepts, weapon systems, power supplies and features. See the latest description for it later in this Update.
The special surprise I put in NG-1 (which may already be out of the bag with the pre-released Prototype Edition) is that I have included the names of approximately 290+ Megaverse Insiders – the guys and gals who contributed to the crowdfunding of NG-1 – as people in Northern Gun. Some are quick-roll characters, others are listed as the lead members of the design team who created this or that, or members of the NG corporation or people living in Upper Michigan. This is my very special thank you for your understanding and patience. I want you to know that you are appreciated. Except for a possible oversight, everyone from Insider to Ultimate Benefactor made it into the book as a person in Northern Gun, plus a bunch of folks in the Cyber-Insider and Inside Help categories. My apologies if I accidentally left you out or misspelled your name. I’ll be doing the same for Rifts® Northern Gun™ Two, trying not to duplicate names, so I give as many Megaverse Insiders as possible a chance to become part of Rifts®. I hope this tickles your fancy. I loved doing it and didn't mind taking the extra time to make this a fun reality for many of you. Enjoy and thanks again. :)
The NG-1 softcover edition should be done and ready to ship by October 24, 2013. Which means we’ll have copies of it at Detroit Fanfare, where you can also get signatures from me, Matthew Clements, Chuck Walton, Wayne Smith, Alex Marciniszyn, Julius Rosenstein, Mark Dudley, Carmen Bellaire (Saturday only), and Ben Rodriguez, all of whom contributed to this book. (Note: We’ll also have the Max and Miriya convention special game pieces for Robotech® RPG Tactics™ available for sale too. Both are cast in metal. Limited to 150 of each. Rare and available on a first come, first served basis.)
The NG-1 Hardcover editions (one with a color cover and one with a foil cover) should be done and ready to ship 2-4 weeks later, so early to mid November. That’s when all the Megaverse Insider packages will ship.
UPDATE: The Rifter® #64 – October Release
This issue will ship the END of October. Fun and scary stuff is contained within.
UPDATE: The Surprise Release
Fear the Reaper™ – Dead Reign™ Sourcebook 4 – Oct./Nov. Release
The surprise title that’s in production for an October or November release is Dead Reign™ Sourcebook 4: Fear the Reaper. I mentioned earlier this year that I hoped to release a new Dead Reign™ Sourcebook, so here you go. It is a 48 page sourcebook that spotlights the Road Reapers and their war against the zombies and crusade to rescue human survivors. It is written by Matthew Clements. Art by Ashbaugh, Bradshaw, the Mannings and Mumah. See the complete description for it elsewhere in this Update.
UPDATE: Rifts® Northern Gun™ Two – Nov./Dec. Release
I’m already working away on Rifts® Northern Gun™ Two. A November release is my goal. We’re going to try our best to get it in your hands before Christmas! It is another book packed to the gills with weapons, vehicles, armor, and gear that will blow your mind. NG-2 is even more of a toy chest than NG-1. See the latest description for it later in this Update.
UPDATE: Rifts® Megaverse® in Flames™
I can hardly wait to sink my teeth into this incredible title by Carl Gleba. And the artwork for it . . . wow. Great stuff. Still shooting for a 2013 release though it may slip into 2014.
UPDATE: Robotech® UEEF Marines™ Sourcebook
The sketch for the cover came in this week and was approved. So was a full page of interior art. I still need to assign the rest of the artwork. Another great book. Still shooting for a 2013 December release though it may slip into 2014.
UPDATE: Robotech® RPG Tactics™
We continue to working away on this project which is also drawing to completion. We can hardly wait to get Robotech® RPG Tactics™ into full-blown manufacturing. We want this game out as badly as you do. Getting there. Looking good!
UPDATE: Robotech® RPG Tactics™ Kickstarter Supporters
We’ll try to keep posting updates here and on the Kickstarter page with updates and progress on Robotech® RPG Tactics™. We appreciate your support and excitement about this product line.
The Alliance Trade Show this Weekend; October 5, 2013
Wayne, Jeff and I will be at the Alliance Trade Show this Saturday (setting up and talking with the Alliance Sales Team on Friday afternoon). If you’re a store owner, manager or buyer, please swing by our booth to talk about Robotech® RPG Tactics™. We’ll be offering demonstrations at the booth and showing off game pieces. We have BIG plans for Rifts®, Robotech®, and all our game lines. If you are a retailer planning to attend the show, make sure you come by and see us.
UPDATE: Detroit Fanfare
● Rifts® Northern Gun™ One (softcover edition) WILL be available at Detroit Fanfare, hot off the presses (it should arrive at the Palladium warehouse the day before).
● 21 (maybe more) Palladium role-playing game events! Plus open gaming is available 24 hours. Local G.M.s, join the fun.
● 14 Robotech® RPG Tactics™ demos on SATURDAY, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM in the gaming room by co-creator of the game rules, Carmen Bellaire. More game room demos on Sunday.
● Robotech® RPG Tactics™ demos at the Palladium booth by Jeff Burke EVERY DAY.
● Convention EXCLUSIVE Robotech® RPG Tactics™ Max and Miriya game pieces! These are the same figures that had 300+ people lining up at our booth every morning at Gen Con. Here’s your chance to get the exclusive Max and Miriya convention specials. Both cast in metal. Limited to 150 of each and available on a first come, first served basis.
● Harmony Gold’s Robotech® tour. Meet Steve Yun, enjoy Robotech® panels, and get autographs. I’ll probably even participate in a few.
● Meet Many of the Creators Behind Palladium Books.
- Me, Kevin Siembieda (publisher, writer and game designer)
- Wayne Smith (editor and Editor-in-Chief of The Rifter®)
- Julius Rosenstein (contributing writer, proofreader and Game Master)
- Alex Marciniszyn (editor)
- Carmen Bellaire (writer and game designer; tentative)
- Matthew Clements (writer)
- Mark Dudley (artist)
- Chuck Walton (artist)
- Ben Rodriguez (artist)
- Jeff Burke (artist and Robotech consultant)
- Meet and chat with the Palladium crew, get autographs, and game, game, game! Make sure you tell the convention people you are coming to game or to see Palladium Books.
● Games run by Palladium creators, including Kevin Siembieda (me), Julius Rosenstein, Carmen Bellaire, and others. Plus gaming demos.
● Palladium Booth in the dealers’ hall.
Detroit Fanfare also offers the following:
- Many comic book guests – writers and artists.
- Dealers’ room.
- Artists’ alley and more!
- Detroit Fanfare is estimating 9,000-11,000 people to attend this October! And growing. It’s held at the Adoba Hotel (formerly the Hyatt Regency and only 20 minutes from the Palladium offices), in Dearborn, Michigan, October 25, 26 & 27, 2013. Join the fun.
Click here for more information about Detroit Fanfare.
Books are on their way
Boy, it has been quite a drought for book releases from Palladium this year. Robotech® RPG Tactics™ and a few other things really stole away our time from doing books. Frustrating for all of us, but as I said, the success of this product line will help us build the company and see more book releases. That dry spell is about to come to an end. Besides, RPGs and books are our first love, so how could we not get back to our roots and first love? We have all the books you’ve been expecting in various stages of final production. And while it may not have seemed like it, we have been developing and making plans for all kinds of exciting new RPG releases. Stuff for Rifts®, Chaos Earth, Splicers, Beyond the Supernatural, Palladium Fantasy and . . . well, everything. The last few months of 2013 should please our fellow role-players. And just wait and see what comes out in 2014. Oh, yeah.
And no, we haven’t forgotten about our annual Christmas Surprise Package offer. It’s coming too. Ho, ho, ho. More next week.
– Kevin Siembieda, Publisher, Writer and Game Designer
Rifts® World Book 33: Northern Gun™ One – ships October 24
Rifts® Northern Gun™ One is the biggest ‘tech’ filled World Book Palladium has ever produced. In addition to world information, background and O.C.C.s for the Northern Gun corporation and Ishpeming, there are 27 robots, 70+ weapons and all kinds of dynamic information and gaming resources. Courtesy of the largest arms dealer and independent manufacturer on the continent: Northern Gun™.
Northern Gun™ is the most famous arms manufacture in North America. Outside of the Coalition States, one could argue, no other kingdom is as powerful or influential, at least when it comes to technology and weapons. The manufacture and sale of Northern Gun weapons and vehicles has given virtually every kingdom, town, colony of settlers and adventurer group a chance to survive and prosper. Located in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula, NG has been the premier outfitter of mercenaries, adventurers and upstart kingdoms for generations. Now, for the first time ever, learn Northern Gun’s history, goals and plans for the future. Of course, that means new weapons, robots, power armor, vehicles and gear.
- In-depth look at Northern Gun, its robots, stores, politics and operations.
- 70+ NG weapons; old and new.
- 27 NG giant combat and exploration robots. Described in detail.
- Many new robot weapon systems and features, including alternative power supplies, anti-monster gear and experimental weapons.
- Northern Gun freighter ships and hovertrains. Random Cargo tables too.
- Notable cities and people of the Ishpeming Republic/Northern Gun.
- NG O.C.C.s, police, specialists and NG Mercenary army.
- The NG Mercenary army and police.
- The NG Bounty Board, the largest collection of bounties and mercenary contracts anywhere on Rifts Earth.
- Key locations, people and dangers around Northern Gun.
- NG mercenary defenders, groups and pirates.
- Northern Gun’s relationship with the CS and other nations.
- Interior Artwork by Chuck Walton, Mark Dudley, Amy Ashbaugh, and others.
- Wraparound cover by Chuck Walton.
- Written by Matthew Clements, Kevin Siembieda and others.
- 224 pages – $24.95 retail – Cat. No. 887 – Softcover Edition.
- Softcover edition ships October 24, 2013.
- Deluxe Hardcover and Collectors’ Hardcover Editions ship in November to crowdfunders. Only a few dozen will be made available to the open market at steep prices and in the Palladium Christmas Surprise Package offer.
- Check out the FREE Advance Preview on DriveThruRPG.com! A new sneak preview will be coming in a couple weeks.
NEW! Dead Reign™ Sourcebook 4: Fear the Reaper™ – October/November Release
Join the legendary Road Reapers as the struggle for survival pits bikers against zombies out on the highways and streets of a world stalked by the walking dead. Like knights mounted on motorcycles, they travel the wasteland that Earth has become, searching for survivors, fighting zombies and waging war against the Death Cults that threaten all mankind.
- Comprehensive background on the Road Reapers.
- The Road Reaper Way of Life: Living and fighting on the road.
- Road Reaper missions, strategy and tactics.
- Structure and organization of Road Reaper units.
- Different types of Road Reapers like Off-Roaders and Former Highway Patrol.
- The Road Reapers’ war against Death Cults and Raiders.
- Random Road Reaper Creation Tables.
- Road Reaper Specializations like the Ex-Con, Road Captain and Fix-It Man.
- Notable Road Reaper leaders and captains.
- More background information and zombie-killing advice from Brad Ashley, the notorious leader of the Road Reapers and author of the Road Reapers’ Survival Guide.
- Written by Matthew Clements.
- 48 pages – $12.95 retail – Cat. No. 234. October or November release.
UPDATE: The Rifter® #64 – October Release
Another fun and frightful October issue. More to come next Weekly Update.
- Written by various authors.
- 96 pages – $11.95 retail – Cat. No. 164. October release.
Rifts® World Book 34: Northern Gun™ Two
In production! Expanded to 192-224 pages and filled with all kinds of adventuring gear: New environmental body armor, power armor, hovercycles, robot drones, robot haulers, combat vehicles, other vehicles, robot gladiators and much more. More information about the weapons, vehicles and practices of Northern Gun, including the new rage of robot gladiatorial combat. Expanded page count. Epic adventure.
- NG robot haulers and drones.
- NG power armor suits; an expansive range.
- NG M.D.C. body armor, and combat gear.
- NG bionics, cybernetic services and other equipment.
- NG hovercycles, land vehicles and combat vehicles.
- NG jet packs and aircraft.
- NG boats, ships and submarines.
- NG Robot Gladiatorial Arena.
- Robot Gladiator O.C.C. and robot gladiators.
- Pirates and more.
- Written by Matthew Clements and Kevin Siembieda.
- Interior Artwork by Chuck Walton, Nick Bradshaw, and others.
- Wraparound cover by John Zeleznik.
- 192-224 pages – $24.95 retail – Cat. No. 888 – November or December release.
Rifts® World Book 35: Megaverse® in Flames™
The Minion War spills across Rifts Earth, where demons and infernals hope to recruit allies and use the Rifts as gateways of destruction. Their influence shakes things up across the planet, especially at locations where demons and Deevils already have a strong presence. Demons, Deevils and supernatural beings run rampant and wreak havoc across the world.
- Demon plagues and mystic blights.
- Soulmancy and Blood Magic revealed.
- Magical and demonic weapons and war machines.
- Demonic armies, strongholds and places of evil.
- Hell Pits and Rune Forges.
- Many Demon Lords, their minions and plans.
- Calgary, the Kingdom of Monsters; in detail.
- Ciudad de Diablo, Harpies’ Island and other notable Hell holes on Earth.
- Lord Doom, Pain and other demonic leaders.
- Horune treachery, Dimension Stormers and other villains.
- Notable demonic generals, mercenaries, people and places.
- Battleground: Earth – as demons and infernals amass their legions.
- Global chaos and the places most dramatically affected by the Demon Plagues.
- Epic battles and adventure ideas galore.
- Written by Carl Gleba. Part of the Minion War “Crossover” series.
- 192 pages – $24.95 retail – Cat. No. 876. December, 2013 release (tentative).
Robotech® UEEF Marines Sourcebook One
This is another book that is guaranteed to wow and please Robotech® fans.
- New mecha and weapons.
- Aliens and space adventure.
- Written by Irvin Jackson.
- 160 pages – Cat. No. 553 – $20.95 – December, 2013 release (tentative).
Robotech® Macross® Saga Sourcebook – New Size
Available now – 8½ x 11 size
All the famous mecha and action of Robotech® starts here with the Macross Saga when an alien armada enters Earth orbit. They have come to reclaim a lost spacecraft that crash-landed on Earth 10 years earlier. A space fortress that Earth’s protectors have rebuilt into their own flagship against alien invasion. The resulting conflict gives birth to heroes and becomes the stuff of legend, but the Earth will never be the same. Robotech® The Macross® Saga Sourcebook now available as an 8½ x 11 inch sourcebook.
Note: This is the setting for Robotech® RPG Tactics™, so if you’re looking for more information about the mecha, Earth’s defenders, the Zentraedi invaders, and Macross Saga setting, this is the book for you. Epic adventure awaits.
A Robotech® Role-Playing Game Sourcebook:
- Transformable Veritech Fighters known as Valkyries take to the sky to defend the Earth.
- Destroids, giant walking tanks, are among Earth’s front-line defenders.
- The SDF-1 and Earth air, ground and space combat vehicles.
- Zentraedi mecha, powered armor suits, and select spacecraft.
- The Zentraedi warriors, their war machines and culture.
- Notable characters from the TV series statted out.
- Quick Character Creation Tables enable you to make Macross characters in 15 minutes or less.
- New skills and M.O.S. skill bundles.
- The Robotech® The Shadow Chronicles® RPG “rule book” is needed to play (Cat. No. 550 or 550HC).
- 128 pages – $16.95 – Cat. No. 551 – standard 8½ x 11 size – Available now.
BACK IN PRINT
Rifts® Ultimate Edition
Imagine a world setting that is Earth 300 years after an apocalypse that results in the return of magic. Now imagine a world where magic and super-science collide. Where cyborgs and men clad in power armor and giant robots clash with demons, dragons and sorcerers.
Now imagine lines of blue, magic energy rippling across the land. Where two or more of those lines cross, there is a tear in the fabric of space and time. A Rift to infinite worlds and realities that have unleashed an endless cavalcade of aliens, mutants and monsters into our world. Some are adventurers like you, others are invaders, some are slaves or prisoners, and still others are demonic nightmares and gods from ancient myths. All now make Earth their home or hunting ground. Welcome to Rifts®.
Rifts® combines the genres of science fiction, fantasy, horror and post-apocalypse (among others) in a plausible setting where adventure is limited only by your imagination and the possibilities are truly infinite.
- 33 O.C.C.s – Bursters, Crazies, Cyber-Knights, Dog Boys, Glitter Boys, Juicers, Ley Line Walkers, Mind Melters, Psi-Stalkers, dragons, mutants & more.
- The Coalition States – heroes or villains?
- Coalition O.C.C.s, gear and States described.
- Psionic powers and characters.
- Magic spells and Techno-Wizardry.
- Techno-Wizard device construction rules.
- World information and background to set the stage for adventure.
- All the info you need to play is contained in this core rule book.
- Color end sheets painted by John Zeleznik. Cover by Scott Johnson.
- 24 pages of color, 75+ color images; great art throughout.
- Created and written by Kevin Siembieda.
- 90+ sourcebooks to expand your Rifts® adventures.
- 376 pages – Cat. No. 800HC – $39.95 – Hardcover.
BACK IN PRINT: Chi-Town Pencil
Do Not Remove — Property of the Chi-Town Library
They’re fun and silly, and Rifts® gamers love them, so we pressed a new batch of Chi-Town Library pencils. They look great on the gaming table.
- Printed on each are the words: Do Not Remove — Property of the Chi-Town Library.
- 50 cents each – Cat. No. 2561 – No. 2 pencil. Available now.
BACK IN PRINT: Villains Unlimited™
More than 80 villains with complete stats, background and motives for trouble. And lots of other epic source material.
- 80+ villains.
- Rules for designing your own super-organization.
- S.C.R.E.T. – Superbeing Control Retrieval and Elimnation Team.
- The Jury – are they heroes or villains?
- Fabricators Inc. – the weapons and armor suppliers to the criminal underworld.
- Magic Tattoos and more.
- All of the above serve as catalysts for adventure.
- Written by Kevin Siembieda and Kevin Long.
- 224 pages – $24.95 – Cat. No. 501 – Available now.
Robotech® RPG Tactics™ – Coming December 2013
Robotech® fans, this is the game you've wanted for decades, with beautifully sculpted, in scale, game pieces and the fast action of Robotech®.
Robotech® RPG Tactics™ is a fast-paced, tabletop combat game that captures the action and adventure of the Robotech® anime. Two or more players can engage in small squad skirmishes or scale up to massive battles. Relive the clashes of the First Robotech War, engage in stand-alone tactical games or use the dynamic game pieces to enhance your Robotech® RPG experience. Or simply collect your favorite mecha from an expanding range of top-notch game pieces.
Mecha vs Mecha. Take command of the fighting forces of the United Earth Defense Force (UEDF) valiantly defending Earth from alien annihilation. Or lead the massive clone armies of the Zentraedi Armada to recover an alien artifact of immense power and enslave humankind.
Robotech® RPG Tactics™ Box Set
- Brought to you by Palladium Books®, created with Ninja Division (the creative minds behind Soda Pop Miniatures and Cipher Studios).
- Rules by Alessio Cavatore, David Freeman and Carmen Bellaire.
- Full color, 128 page, softcover rule book; wraparound cover and lots of new, color artwork.
- 24 Battle Dice, 12 UEDF and 12 Zentraedi.
- 40 color game cards (unit cards, etc.).
- 4x VF-1A Valkyries (in Fighter, Guardian, and Battloid modes).
- 1x VF-1J "Officer" in all three modes.
- 4x Destroids: 2 Tomahawks and 2 Defenders.
- 12x Regult Zentraedi Battlepods.
- 1x Glaug Officer's Battlepod.
- 1x Quel-Regult Recon Battlepod.
- 1x Quel-Gulnau Recovery Pod.
- 1/285th scale, high quality, multi-pose plastic game pieces (40mm to 70mm tall). World-class sculpts from sculptors around the world.
- Game rules use D6.
- Turn-based system of play.
- Scalable from small squad skirmishes to mass battles. Can accommodate two to several players.
- Combat is fast and designed to emulate the anime action.
- Measuring tape required to determine targets and distance.
- Small parts and some assembly required. Game pieces come unpainted.
- Release Date: Barring any unexpected delays, the Robotech® RPG Tactics™ box game and initial expansion sets ship December 2013.
- $90 retail price (tentative). The price of the final box set is not yet determined, but we want to hold it around $90.
- Cat. No. 55100 (Main Boxed Game).
The First Six Robotech® Expansion Packs
The initial expansion packs will also ship in December. All prices listed are likely, but still tentative. We want most packs to fall in the $25-$35 price range.
- UEDF Valkyrie Wing (2x each, Fighter, Guardian, Battloid) – Cat. No. 55201 – $30.00 retail (tentative).
- UEDF Destroid Pack (2x Tomahawks, 2x Defenders) – Cat. No. 55202 – $30.00 (tentative).
- UEDF Spartan Pack (2x Spartans, 2x Phalanxes), Cat. No. 55203 – $30.00 (tentative).
- Zentraedi Regult Battlepod Squadron (6x Regults) – Cat. No. 55401 – $30.00 (tentative).
- Zentraedi Support Battlepods (4x Artillery Battlepods) – Cat. No. 55402 – $30.00 (tentative).
- Zentraedi Command Pack (1x Glaug, 1x Quel-Regult, 1x Quel-Gulnau) – Cat. No. 55403 – $35.00 (tentative).
- Additional expansion packs at intervals throughout 2014. More will follow. Exactly how many, and how fast, will depend on manufacturing considerations, sales and customer demand.
- Palladium plans to release the mecha and settings for ALL eras of Robotech®. Many other details are still in development.
- Tournament play support is planned. Ninja Division will help Palladium to develop and launch the program sometime in 2014.
PDF downloads from DriveThruRPG.com
This is a great resource for getting out of print Palladium titles and other select books. We’ve made 90 titles available as PDF digital downloads from DriveThruRPG.com. This is a great way to try Palladium products and get access to out of print RPG source material. Some notable titles include:
- The Rifter® #49-52 recently added – available now.
- Splicers® RPG.
- Beyond the Supernatural™ RPG, First Edition Rules.
- Boxed Nightmares™ for BTS, First Edition Rules.
- Nightbane® Book Four: Shadows of Light™.
- The Mechanoids® RPG and The Mechanoid Invasion® RPG Trilogy.
- Palladium Fantasy RPG®, First Edition Rules and select 1st Edition sourcebooks.
- After the Bomb® RPG and sourcebooks.
- The Rifter® issues 1-52.
- The Best of The Rifter®.
- Deluxe Revised RECON® RPG and Advanced RECON® Sourcebook.
- And more – go to DriveThruRPG.com and check ‘em out.
© Copyright 2013 Palladium Books Inc. All rights reserved.
Rifts®, The Rifter®, RECON®, Splicers®, Palladium Books®, The Palladium Fantasy Role-Playing Game®, Phase World®, Nightbane®, Megaverse®, The Mechanoids®, The Mechanoid Invasion®, Coalition Wars® and After the Bomb® are Registered Trademarks of Palladium Books Inc. RPG Tactics™, Beyond the Supernatural, Chaos Earth, Coalition States, Dead Reign, Heroes Unlimited, Ninjas & Superspies, Minion War, Mysteries of Magic, SAMAS, Thundercloud Galaxy, Three Galaxies, Vampire Kingdoms, and other published book titles, names, slogans and likenesses are trademarks of Palladium Books Inc., and Kevin Siembieda.
Robotech® and Robotech® The Shadow Chronicles® are Registered Trademarks of Harmony Gold USA, Inc.
This press release may be reprinted, reposted, linked and shared for the sole purpose of advertising, promotion and sales solicitation.