Palladium Books® Weekly Update – May 2, 2013
By Kevin Siembieda
We can’t believe it is already May 2nd. We’ve been putting in such ridiculously long hours of work that the last four months blew by in the blink of an eye. This week we’ve done work all over the place. Did some work on Rifts® Northern Gun™ One and continue to do work on Robotech® RPG Tactics™ (to make it an Autumn release it has to go into manufacturing by June!). There was, of course, work related to the Robotech® RPG Tactics™ Kickstarter, as well as a number of things going on behind the scenes. In addition to our work on Northern Gun One and Two, we want to get a number of hotly anticipated titles into your hands as quickly as possible. New releases that will be so good, they will make you smile and squeal like little girls. :) On top of that, we have plans for all kinds of fun, new RPG releases. However, until we get the books you are waiting for in your hands, we don’t want to make any new promises or hint at too much.
A lot of this week has been hijacked by business and marketing. Everything seemed to come due this week, so Wayne and I have been banging things out to meet deadlines. We worked on four different ads, we did a promotional postcard drop-in for Anime Central, took care of Customs and some other details related to Anime North, made several online and Facebook postings and website updates, and prep work for Gen Con.
We have also been in frequent contact with Ninja Division and Harmony Gold about Robotech®, continuing the development for its writing, rules, and sculpts and approvals for artwork and other elements to Robotech® RPG Tactics™, as well as matters involving the Kickstarter.
I’m typically at work by 7:00 AM and these past several weeks, I’m lucky if I’m home by 10:00 PM. Wayne and Alex have been putting in long hours, too. The days just zoom by, but everything is moving along nicely. It’s all very exciting, if exhausting.
UPDATE: Robotech® New Generation – Second Printing
New Generation is that exciting era of Robotech® where the mecha, vehicles and weapons (not to mention the soldiers) that have survived the prior two Robotech Wars can be combined with the mecha of the UEEF. Freedom Fighters and survivors of UEEF liberation fleets join forces to battle the Invid invaders. We even introduce the concept of “Frankenmecha” that combine the salvaged weapons and body parts of two or more mecha to create a hybrid. When we realized we were down to our last 100 copies, we made sure to send this fan fave setting back to the printer. There should be no break in the availability of this title. See the full description elsewhere. Game on!
UPDATE: Robotech® RPG sale
Folks are loving this sale and we are seeing a large number of new faces. Welcome, and unleash your imaginations. All books have been marked down by 20% until the Robotech® RPG Tactics™ Kickstarter ends (the prices listed in our online store already include the discount).
UPDATE: Robotech® RPG Tactics™ Kickstarter at $475,000 – 18 days to go!
Thank you for your support. Please keep spreading the word. Robotech® RPG Tactics™ is an outstanding addition the expanding Robotech® RPG game line, and the Kickstarter is doing fantastic. At the time I am writing this Update, the pledge amount has just passed $475,000 and we still have 18 days left to go!
The greater the success of the Robotech® RPG Tactics™ Kickstarter, the more we can do to make the product line amazing, and get the boxed set and expansion packs out faster. We’ll be able to make the Robotech® RPG Tactics™ game line bigger and better, and that helps ensure a successful retail launch later this year. Increased resources will bring more eyeballs, and that means increased awareness of ALL our games. And we have a lot of great RPG products in development. Please support the Robotech® RPG Tactics™ Kickstarter, even in small ways, and spread the word about it everywhere. But only spend what you can afford.
For those of you new to Kickstarters, you’ll want to check out the FAQ at the bottom of the page and the small Update tab at the top of the page for more info, insight and updates. Something NEW is added every day or two, sometimes more than once per day – new stretch goals, new add-on items, new photos and information, etc. – so check back often. Thanks for your support.
Interviews with Kevin Siembieda at MTV Geek. I had been told Part Two of my interview would appear a day or two after Part One, but it didn't get posted till this week. It’s available now. Here’s the link, enjoy: http://geek-news.mtv.com/2013/04/29/robotech-rpg-kickstarter-2/
You can also see the interview I did with Brant Polkowski at cravengames.com about Robotech® RPG Tactics™ a couple days before the Kickstarter launch.
More interviews. I need to respond to a couple of other interview requests, and I suspect there will be interviews with other creators behind Robotech® RPG Tactics™. NOTE: I and others involved in the creation of Robotech® RPG Tactics™ are happy to do interviews, podcasts and such, with any interested news and gaming venues. Just give the Palladium office a call to make arrangements (734-721-2903). We want to spread the word everywhere. Thanks.
Palladium at Anime North – May 24-26, 2013
Wayne and I spent the better part of the day in Canada, today, getting things taken care of at Customs. While in town we had to stop at Harvey’s to grab a hamburger. Yum.
Palladium Books and many of our creators will be invading Anime North, running games, selling product, signing autographs and having a blast. This will be my first time at a major convention in Canada (Toronto area) in something like 20 years. So please come on down and have some fun with the Palladium crew!
Palladium Related Anime North Highlights:
- Meet Palladium Founder, Writer and Game Designer Kevin Siembieda.
- Meet Palladium Writer and Game Designer Carmen Bellaire.
- Meet Palladium Editor Wayne Smith.
- Meet Palladium Writer Matthew Clements.
- Meet Palladium Writer Greg Diaczyk.
- Meet Palladium Writer Braden Campbell.
- Carmen Bellaire to run Robotech® RPG Tactics™ demos! Carmen is one of the game rules designers behind Robotech® RPG Tactics™ along with David Freeman of Ninja Division, legendary Alessio Cavatore, and others. Carmen will be running demos of Robotech® RPG Tactics™ all three days, May 24, 25 and 26, which means those who participate will be among the very first to get a look at this fun, fast-paced Robotech game from one of the creators!
- I, Kevin Siembieda, am the winner of the prestigious Momiji Award for achievements in promoting anime and Canada. How cool is that? I couldn’t believe it when I got the news. There will be an award ceremony, a short speech and everything. I am very, very honored.
- I, Kevin Siembieda, will be participating in many panel talks and running a game or two. I am happy to sign autographs and chat with fans at the panel talks, after the talks and all weekend long at the Palladium Booth located in the Guest Autograph area.
- Palladium Dealer Tables in the Guest Autograph area. We’ll bring a good selection of Palladium products, new releases, art prints and other goodies. Plus, Wayne Smith, Matthew Clements, Carmen Bellaire, Greg Diaczyk, Braden Campbell and all Palladium creators present are available to chat and sign autographs.
- We are coming to Canada and Anime North to have a rip-snorting, fun weekend. Please visit to say hello and to join the fun.
Anime North is a mixed media event that includes gaming, anime, cosplay, and fun. For more information go to http://www.animenorth.com
Rifts® Vampires Sourcebook Sneak Preview – available now on DriveThruRPG.com
Don’t forget, the FREE Sneak Preview of Rifts® Vampires Sourcebook is available on DriveThruRPG.com for your enjoyment. There are also previews available for Rifts® Vampire Kingdoms™ (Revised Edition), Rifts® Black Market, Rifts® Lemuria, Dead Reign™ RPG, Endless Dead™ sourcebook and others. The original Rifts® Vampire Kingdoms World Book is also available as a PDF on DriveThruRPG, for those of you who may be interested.
More than 90 other Palladium titles can be found on DriveThruRPG.com as PDFs, including Splicers®, Rifts® RPG (the edition before RUE), The Rifter® #1-52, and first edition rule books and sourcebooks for Palladium Fantasy RPG®, Heroes Unlimited™, The Mechanoid Invasion® Trilogy, Beyond the Supernatural™ and lots of other good titles. DriveThruRPG.com also offers the Rifts® and Palladium Fantasy® Game Master Kits ($5 each; both written by Carl Gleba and complete with maps, combat matrix, character sheets, spell list, and 20 pre-rolled characters created by Julius Rosenstein).
UPDATE: Palladium Fantasy Old Ones™ – BACK IN PRINT – Available Now
The book is in and ready to ship. This ever popular Fantasy title contains nearly 50 different locations, each mapped and described, plus adventures, adventure ideas, O.C.C.s like the Monk, Illusionist, Witch and Chaos Priest, and the Old Ones. It is back in print as a special, short run printing. Written by Kevin Siembieda. 224 pages – $24.95 retail – Cat. No. 453. Back in stock and ready to ship right now.
UPDATE: The Rifter® #62 will ship in May
We have been so buried with work and other demands of our attention that Wayne and I have yet to get this issue finished and to the printer. Gaaaahhh. Almost done. Will be to the printer by Monday. This is only the second time in The Rifter’s 16 year history that an issue has missed its scheduled month of release. We did what we could, but the demands on Wayne’s time were such that we just couldn’t get the issue done. Fear not, this issue of The Rifter® is outstanding and filled with dynamic official and unofficial source material: 20 pages of “official” Rifts® Vampires source material, “official” new Necromancy spells, a Northern Gun sneak peek of a combat mecha, Heroes Unlimited material and a castle with dozens of maps and detailed floor plans for any campaign requiring a castle. Plus the usual news and information. See the more complete description later in this update.
UPDATE: Rifts® Northern Gun™ One and Two
Chuck Walton and I are working on both books. I’m trying to incorporate a number of new, cool additions that you’ll enjoy and finish the book to get it to the printer. The art, designs and concepts for Rifts® Northern Gun™ One are going to be really something. Northern Gun™ Two is the book we dive into after that.
Just because we are not talking about them right now, does not mean other titles are not being finished or developed. Stay frosty. This is going to be a very good year for Palladium and its legion of gamers.
Wayne Smith’s Birthday
Wayne’s birthday was yesterday, but we were so swamped, the poor guy was here working till 10:00 PM. Don’t feel too bad for him, I did give him one of his birthday gifts and we’ll be celebrating his birthday Friday evening. Happy Birthday, Wayne.
Stay positive, keep the faith and game on. Big things are coming. More to come next week. Gotta get back to work.
– Kevin Siembieda, Publisher, Writer and Gamer
Robotech® New Generation™ Sourcebook
The Third Robotech War begins with the alien Invid laying siege to planet Earth. The Army of the Southern Cross is overwhelmed by the superior numbers of the enemy. Earth falls and is occupied by the Invid, but the war continues. Human resistance fighters wage a guerilla war while they await the return of Admiral Rick Hunter and the UEEF fleet to liberate the Earth.
You play a new generation of bold heroes who dare to oppose the frightening and enigmatic alien overlords known as the Invid. You defend the human race against impossible odds and rescue the innocent from the alien tyrants.
- ALL eras of Robotech mecha are available to players, from the giant Valkyries and Destroids, to Hover Tanks and AJAX, to the small, sleek Alpha Fighters and Cyclones of the UEEF.
- Frankenmecha – amalgamations of different eras of Earth mecha cobbled together into something new and deadly – are also available to Earth’s valiant resistance fighters.
- 7 new Occupational Character Classes (O.C.C.s).
- Notable weapons, combat vehicles, and gear.
- Notable resistance fighters, simulagents and more.
- Invid Hives, Protoculture Farms and Genesis Pits.
- Overview of the world under Invid domination.
- New Character Classes, Invid mutations, and more.
- The Robotech® The Shadow Chronicles® RPG “rule book” is needed to play (Cat. No. 550 or 550HC).
- Four generations of mecha. Hours of fun.
- 96 pages – $16.95 – Cat. No. 554. Available now. Place your order.
Rifts® Vampires Sourcebook™ – Available Now
New secrets, new monsters and danger, new places to explore, new magic to wield, dark magic and forces to fear, new trouble and adventure in Mexico and the Yucatan. New conflicts between rival forces are brewing as Doc Reid prepares to take his private war with the vampires to a whole new level. Meanwhile, the vampires live like smug tyrants and gods, dominating an underclass of slaves and people used as cattle to feed upon. Learn more about the vampires, their rivals, allies and the humans who willingly serve them. A must-have guide for those who wish to travel deeper into the Vampire Kingdoms or play as vampires and their human minions.
- Vampire Hunter weapons and equipment.
- Techno-Wizard weapons and special gear.
- Lemurian gifts to better fight vampires.
- The horror of Soulcrafting and Dark Weapons.
- Hero Necromancers and their role in fighting vampires.
- Fort Reid, an entire city devoted to hunting the undead.
- The history and stats for Doc Reid, his top leaders and Reid’s Rangers.
- Deathspike – the vampires’ own high-tech answer to Vampire Hunters.
- The Yucatan Peninsula and its many monsters and mysteries.
- Animated dead, mummies and zombies used to fight vampires.
- New strategies and tactics for fighting vampires, plus Mage Vampire Hunters, D-Bee Vampire Hunters, Bandit Vampire Hunters, and other slayers of the undead.
- Werejaguar Vampire Hunters and other werebeasts.
- Firefighting robots, hover firetrucks and more anti-vampire gear.
- Tampico Military Protectorate expanded with much more detail.
- The human strongholds such as Tampico, Monterrey, Silver City, the Crystal Caves, Acapulco, Ocotlan and others.
- The Mayan god Camazotz, Lord of Bats and Darkness.
- Desert Survival rules and more. Yes, more!
- Cover by Michael C. Hayes.
- Art by Amy L. Ashbaugh, Nick Bradshaw, Kent Burles, Mark Dudley, Kevin Long, Allen and Brian Manning, Mike Mumah and Chuck Walton.
- Written by Kevin Siembieda, Matthew Clements, Christopher Kluge and Braden Campbell.
- 176 pages – $20.95 – Cat. No. 884. Available now. Place your order.
- Check out the free Sneak Preview on DriveThruRPG.com!
BACK IN PRINT: Palladium Fantasy® Book Two: Old Ones
This is a massive adventure book, with maps and descriptions of more than 50 locations in the Timiro Kingdom. As if that were not enough to make this the ultimate adventure book, there is also information about the Old Ones and a few O.C.C.s.
- 50+ cities, towns, and forts described and mapped. Each suitable as a place for adventure.
- 7 fully fleshed out adventures and scores of adventure ideas.
- Includes the fabled “Place of Magic,” an ancient Dwarven Ruin reputed to date back to the Elf-Dwarf War.
- Minotaur R.C.C., Illusionist P.C.C. and Monk/Scholar O.C.C.
- Background and rumors about the Old Ones and adventure galore.
- Travel notes, world information about Timiro and more.
- Written by Kevin Siembieda.
- $24.95 – 224 pages. Cat. No. 453. Available now.
BACK IN PRINT: Rifts® World Book 22: Free Quebec
This World Book contains a wealth of information about Free Quebec, Glitter Boys and notable people and places.
- Overview of Free Quebec and its military.
- 6 Quebec Military O.C.C.s including variant Glitter Boy Pilots.
- 6 types of Glitter Boys plus the Glitter Boy Sidekick.
- Pale Death SAMAS and other Quebec power armor.
- Free Quebec’s Navy, Cyborgs and technology.
- Notable places, including Old Bones and various combat groups.
- Many adventure ideas and more.
- Written by Kevin Siembieda and Francois DesRochers.
- 192 pages – $24.95 retail – Cat. No. 837. Ships May 1.
The Rifter® #62 – Ships May 14, 2013
Sorry for the rare delay of this product, but this issue of The Rifter® is truly going to be spectacular with as many as 48 pages of “official” source material for Rifts® (20 pages of “official” Rifts® Vampires source material, new Necromancy spells, a Northern Gun mech, and the missing Rifts® Black Market experience tables!), detailed castle floor plans and descriptions that can be dropped into any Palladium Fantasy® campaign anywhere you need one, some epic Heroes Unlimited source material I may expand into a complete sourcebook in the future, plus news and information.
Since 2013 is the Palladium Fantasy® RPG’s 30 Year Anniversary, we are trying to include something special for the Fantasy RPG line in every issue. This issue has that detailed castle and many maps/floor plans, and the cover reprints the popular Kevin Long Palladium Fantasy RPG® cover from the 1980s. In fact, EVERY cover of The Rifter® in 2013 will be a fantasy illustration. Last issue was Amy L. Ashbaugh, this issue a classic Kevin Long, next issue’s cover will be by John Zeleznik and the October issue will be by Chuck Walton (we want to keep Charles working away on Northern Gun). Note: Writers & Game Masters, if you have some awesome Fantasy material (large or small) you’ve been thinking about sending in for The Rifter®, this is the time to do so. Thanks!
And The Rifter® is a bargain. Since this publication is a special product, it only costs $11.95 for a 96 page book. That’s less than what we charge for a 64 page sourcebook!
Each and every issue of The Rifter® is an idea factory that helps players and Game Masters to generate new ideas and keep their games fresh. It provides useful, ready to go, source material gamers can just drop into their ongoing games. A doorway to new possibilities and numerous Palladium role-playing worlds. It offers new monsters, villains, characters, O.C.C.s, powers, magic, weapons, adventure and ideas for your games. It presents new villains, monsters and dangers to battle, and new ideas to consider. Every issue has material for Rifts® and at least two or three other Palladium game lines.
The Rifter® Number 62 includes:
- Rifts® – OFFICIAL Rifts® Vampires Sourcebook Bonus Material – by Kevin Siembieda and Matthew Clements. Awesome, fun stuff we cut from the sourcebook due to page count considerations. Heck, we had already increased the Rifts® Vampires Sourcebook from 96 pages to 128, and then to 160. The book finally topped out at 176 pages and we still had source material and ideas that Kevin Siembieda finished up for inclusion in this issue of The Rifter®.
- More about the secret vampire special forces organization, Deathspike.
- More Deathspike O.C.C.s including Werewolf Agents.
- Two notable Deathspike leaders.
- The vampires’ Top Ten Enemies List.
- Vampire Harvesters and their “Meat Wagons.”
- Some additional vampire fighting gear.
- 11 Hook, Line and Sinker Adventures.
- Rifts® – OFFICIAL Black Market O.C.C. Experience Tables – by Kevin Siembieda. Please note that the Experience Tables will also be made available online for free in the next week or so. Please make sure people who purchased Rifts® Black Market know about that.
- Rifts® – OFFICIAL Necromancy and Bone Magic spells. What else is there to say than more magic and darkness for your Necromancers (and the African Witch)?
- Rifts® Northern Gun™ Sneak Preview. Kevin is selecting one of the NG Robots and artwork to give you another taste of what’s coming in May. Also see the more expansive, FREE Rifts® Northern Gun™ Advance Preview that has been available on DriveThruRPG.com.
- Palladium Fantasy® source material. A very detailed presentation of a castle with dozens of maps and floor plans, plus a general description.
- Heroes Unlimited source material for making your heroes international police. It is an idea that Kevin Siembieda thought was so perfect for a setting with superhumans that he is thinking about expanding this material into an entire sourcebook.
- Other source material.
- News, coming attractions, product descriptions and more.
- 96 pages – Still only $11.95 retail – Cat. No. 162. Ships May 14, 2013.
Rifts® World Book 33: Northern Gun™ One
Northern Gun™ is the largest independent manufacturer of high-tech weapons, robots and vehicles in North America. Outside of the Coalition States, one could argue, no other kingdom is as powerful or influential, at least when it comes to technology and weapons. The manufacture and sale of Northern Gun weapons and vehicles has given virtually every kingdom, town, colony of settlers and adventurer group a chance to survive and prosper. Located in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula, NG has been the premier outfitter of mercenaries, adventurers and upstart kingdoms for generations. Now, for the first time ever, learn Northern Gun’s history, goals and plans for the future. Of course, that means new weapons, robots, power armor, vehicles and gear.
- In-depth look at Northern Gun and its business operations.
- Ishpeming, the face and people of Northern Gun.
- Northern Gun weapons and combat gear; new and old.
- Northern Gun robot drones; new and old.
- Northern Gun giant combat robots; new and old.
- Northern Gun freighters and hover trains.
- Northern Gun O.C.C.s and enforcers.
- The NG Mercenary army and police.
- The NG Bounty Board, the largest collection of bounties and mercenary contracts anywhere on Rifts® Earth.
- Key locations, people and sales outlets in and around Northern Gun.
- Northern Gun’s relationship with the Coalition States, Triax Industries, the Black Market and others.
- Written by Matthew Clements and Kevin Siembieda.
- Interior Artwork by Chuck Walton, Nick Bradshaw, and others.
- Wraparound cover by Chuck Walton.
- 160 pages – $20.95 retail – Cat. No. 887 – May release.
- Check out the free Advance Preview on DriveThruRPG.com!
Rifts® World Book 34: Northern Gun™ Two
More information about the weapons, vehicles and practices of Northern Gun, including the new rage of robot gladiatorial combat.
- Northern Gun body armor; new and old.
- Bionic and cybernetic services.
- Northern Gun power armors; new and old.
- Northern Gun hovercycles & land vehicles; new and old.
- Northern Gun aircraft; new and old.
- Northern Gun boats, ships and submarines; new and old.
- Northern Gun Robot Gladiatorial Arena; new!
- Robot Gladiator O.C.C. and robot gladiators.
- Pirates and more.
- Written by Matthew Clements and Kevin Siembieda.
- Interior Artwork by Chuck Walton, Nick Bradshaw, and others.
- Wraparound cover by John Zeleznik.
- 160 pages – $20.95 retail – Cat. No. 888 – June release.
Rifts® World Book 35: Megaverse® in Flames™
The Minion War spills across Rifts Earth, where demons and infernals hope to recruit allies and use the Rifts as gateways of destruction. Their influence shakes things up across the planet, especially at locations where demons and Deevils already have a strong presence. Demons, Deevils and supernatural beings run rampant and wreak havoc across the world.
- Demon plagues and mystic blights.
- Soulmancy and Blood Magic revealed.
- Magical and demonic weapons and war machines.
- Demonic armies, strongholds and places of evil.
- Hell Pits and Rune Forges.
- Many Demon Lords, their minions and plans.
- Calgary, the Kingdom of Monsters; in detail.
- Ciudad de Diablo, Harpies’ Island and other notable Hell holes on Earth.
- Lord Doom, Pain and other demonic leaders.
- Horune treachery, Dimension Stormers and other villains.
- Notable demonic generals, mercenaries, people and places.
- Battleground: Earth – as demons and infernals amass their legions.
- Global chaos and the places most dramatically affected by the Demon Plagues.
- Epic battles and adventure ideas galore.
- Written by Carl Gleba. Part of the Minion War “Crossover” series.
- 192 pages – $24.95 retail – Cat. No. 876. Early 2013 release.
Robotech® RPG Tactics™
Robotech® RPG Tactics™ is a fast-paced, strategy battle game that expands on the popular Palladium role-playing system to enter new realms of adventure.
Mecha vs Mecha. Take command of the fighting forces of the United Earth Defense Force (UEDF) valiantly defending Earth from alien annihilation. Or lead the massive clone armies of the Zentraedi Armada to recover an alien artifact of immense power and enslave humankind.
- A video demonstration of game play is available on the Kickstarter page.
- Images of the gorgeous sculpts are on the Kickstarter page and in the Update file of the Kickstarter.
- Full color, 90+ page, softcover rule book; wraparound cover and lots of new, color artwork.
- 24 Battle Dice.
- 40 color game cards (unit cards, etc.).
- 4x VF-1A Valkyries (in Fighter, Guardian, and Battloid modes).
- 1x VF-1J "Officer" in all three modes.
- 2x Destroids (includes parts to make them Tomahawks, Defenders, or one of each).
- 12x Regult Zentraedi Battlepods.
- 1x Glaug Officer's Battlepod.
- 1/285th scale, high quality, multi-pose plastic game pieces (40mm to 80mm tall). World-class sculpts from sculptors around the world.
- Game rules use D6.
- Turn-based system of play.
- Scalable from small squad skirmishes to mass battles. Can accommodate two to several players.
- Combat is fast and designed to emulate the anime action.
- Measuring tape required to determine targets and distance.
- Tournament play support is planned. Ninja Division will help Palladium to develop and launch the program.
- Barring any unexpected delays, the Robotech® RPG Tactics™ box game and initial expansion sets should go to manufacturing quickly after the Kickstarter. An exact street date is unknown at this time and we’d rather not speculate, but definitely 2013.
- Retail price for the box set is not yet determined, but we want to hold it at the $80-$90 range. Expansion kits will fall into the range common for this type of item.
- Several expansion kits will be released at the same time as the box set. More will follow. Exactly how many, and how fast, will depend on the level of success we see with the Kickstarter.
- There will be more reveals as the Kickstarter continues.
- The Kickstarter will be updated on a regular basis. Ninja Division is managing the Kickstarter.
- Palladium plans to release the mecha and settings for ALL eras of Robotech®. Many other details are still in development. Some will depend on the success of the Kickstarter.
- Robotech® RPG Tactics™ is designed in partnership with Ninja Division. Ninja Division brings together the design talents of Soda Pop Miniatures and Cipher Studios, makers of Super Dungeon™ Explore, Relic Knights™, Helldorado™ and Anima Tactics™, to bring you the best quality game pieces, design and rules for Robotech® RPG Tactics™ and all of your Robotech® adventures. Rules by David Freeman, Carmen Bellaire, Alessio Cavatore and others.
PDF downloads from DriveThruRPG.com
This is a great resource for getting out of print Palladium titles and other select books. We’ve made 90 titles available as PDF digital downloads from DriveThruRPG.com. This is a great way to try Palladium products and get access to out of print RPG source material. Some notable titles include:
- The Rifter® #49-52 recently added – available now.
- Splicers® RPG.
- Beyond the Supernatural™ RPG, First Edition Rules.
- Boxed Nightmares™ for BTS, First Edition Rules.
- Nightbane® Book Four: Shadows of Light™.
- The Mechanoids® RPG and The Mechanoid Invasion® RPG Trilogy.
- Palladium Fantasy RPG®, First Edition Rules and select 1st Edition sourcebooks.
- After the Bomb® RPG and sourcebooks.
- The Rifter® issues 1-52.
- The Best of The Rifter®.
- Deluxe Revised RECON® RPG and Advanced RECON® Sourcebook.
- And more – go to DriveThruRPG.com and check ‘em out.
Dead Reign™ RPG – Back in print, and hot, hot, hot
Can you survive the zombie apocalypse?
Yes, you may think so. But there is only one way to find out for sure: Play the Dead Reign™ RPG. The core rule book is all you need to start playing. Rules are easy. Character creation is fast and fun. Combat, quick and deadly. Survival? Harder than you might think. Good luck.
Dead Reign™ RPG is the aftermath of the zombie apocalypse. Civilization is gone, the dead reign, and the living fight to survive against impossible odds. Battle zombies, mad men and death cultists in a post-apocalyptic world where the last of humanity struggles to survive. Think you know zombies? Think again.
- Easy to learn, easy to play, and fast paced.
- Clean, simple rules and quick character generation, and a depth of information and setting.
- 7 different types of zombies.
- Zombie combat and survival tips.
- 6 Apocalyptic Character Classes & Ordinary People. 40+ occupations to choose from.
- 101 Random Scenarios, Encounters and Settings.
- 100 Random Corpse Searches and other tables.
- Weapons, vehicles, and places of note.
- Death Cults, their Priests, power over zombies and goals.
- Quick Roll Character Creation tables (10 minutes).
- A complete role-playing game.
- Written by Kevin Siembieda, Josh Hilden and Joshua Sanford.
- $22.95 retail – 224 pages – Cat. No. 230. Available now.
Dead Reign™ Sourcebooks
Civilization Gone™: Dead Reign™ Sourcebook One. There is no army, no government, no help coming. You are on your own and things are only getting worse. Villains include madmen and pychopaths, bandits and raiders. Many random tables for encounters, houses, and survivor camp creation, and more. $12.95 – 64 pages. Cat. No. 231.
Dark Places™: Dead Reign™ Sourcebook Two. Using railroad tracks and subways, sewer tunnels, steam tunnels and other dark places to travel undetected by zombies. Many tables for random encounters, boxcar contents, zombies and more. Survival tips, new zombies like the Bug Boy, Sewer Crawler and Impersonator. $12.95 – 64 pages. Cat. No. 232.
Endless Dead™: Dead Reign™ Sourcebook Three. Zombie hordes grow in number and strangeness. Where is the military? What’s next for the living survivors? Many new types of zombies, new O.C.C.s like the Wheelman and Zombie Hunter, the military and random tables for military bases, police and other places. Plus weaponizing vehicles, vehicle combat, Survivor caravans, and more. $16.95 – 96 pages. Cat. No. 233.
Anime North – May 24-26, 2013 – Toronto, Canada – www.animenorth.com
Kevin Siembieda is one of the Guests of Honor, but several Palladium creators will be at Anime North in Toronto, Canada, to meet and game with you. The event takes place Memorial Day weekend, May 24-26, 2013. Wayne Smith and one or two other Palladium creators will also be present to chat and sign autographs. We are bringing a pile of books, prints and other goodies to sell in the dealers’ room. www.animenorth.com
Gen Con® Indy – August 15-18, 2013 – Indianapolis, Indiana
We can hardly wait for Gen Con this year as we hope to have advance copies of Robotech® RPG Tactics™: Defense of Macross Island™ there. Not to mention a stock of new releases from throughout the year. We may even need to expand the size of our booth. Hope to see many of you there.
Game Masters, submit your events by tomorrow, March 15 to get into the Gen Con program book! See http://www.gencon.com/host/eo-gm for more details.
Note: There will be no Palladium Open House in 2013 or 2014.
© Copyright 2013 Palladium Books Inc. All rights reserved.
Rifts®, The Rifter®, RECON®, Splicers®, Palladium Books®, The Palladium Fantasy Role-Playing Game®, Phase World®, Nightbane®, Megaverse®, The Mechanoids®, The Mechanoid Invasion®, Coalition Wars® and After the Bomb® are Registered Trademarks of Palladium Books Inc. Beyond the Supernatural™, Chaos Earth, Coalition States, Dead Reign, Heroes Unlimited, Ninjas & Superspies, Minion War, Mysteries of Magic, SAMAS, Thundercloud Galaxy, Three Galaxies, Vampire Kingdoms, and other published book titles, names, slogans and likenesses are trademarks of Palladium Books Inc., and Kevin Siembieda.
Robotech® and Robotech® The Shadow Chronicles® are Registered Trademarks of Harmony Gold USA, Inc.
This press release may be reprinted, reposted, linked and shared for the sole purpose of advertising, promotion and sales solicitation.