Palladium Books® Weekly Update – January 25, 2013
By Kevin Siembieda
Wow, what a crazy and busy week it has been, especially the last few days. We have soooo much good stuff happening and products moving forward. For more details on the especially busy Thursday (and the reason the Weekly Update was delayed for a day), see my January 24, 2013, Murmur from the Megaverse® entitled A wild day at Palladium. I think it’s a fun read you’ll enjoy, and it gives you some insight into an all too typical day at Palladium Books.
I’m going to jump right into what’s going on. Enjoy and keep those imaginations burning bright.
Rifts® Aftermath – Back in Print – Order your copy today
Rifts® Aftermath is at the printer and will be available as a short printing by Tuesday, January 29th. Even I forgot what an information packed sourcebook and delicious read this book is. Not just for the Coalition Wars® series, but for North America and Rifts Earth in general. Talk about many ideas for adventure. See the full description elsewhere.
UPDATE: More Titles Are Coming Back in Print
The next book going in to reprint is Rifts® China 2. It will be followed by Rifts® Lone Star. Adventures on the High Seas for Palladium Fantasy®, Chaos Earth™: Rise of Magic™, and other titles are also being prepped and considered for coming back in print in the weeks ahead.
UPDATE: The Rifter® #61 – Available Now!
The Rifter® #61 arrived at the Palladium warehouse Thursday and has already shipped to current subscribers. It is another fun, source material packed issue for a wide range of world settings, including Heroes Unlimited™, After the Bomb®, Rifts®, Phase World® and the Three Galaxies™, and others. If it’s time to renew your Rifter® subscription, or if you’ve been thinking about starting a subscription, this is the time to do it – during our Rifter® Super-Subscription Drive, going on for the next few weeks.
The Rifter® Super-Subscription Drive – Low Price – Free Gift – Limited Time Offer
FREE gift when you subscribe now. And don’t just think about the gift being for yourself, maybe it’s an item one of your gaming buddies might want. We make this offer once a year, for a limited time, so you only have till February 20, 2013, to renew your subscription – or to start one – at a discount, plus you get a FREE gift and, in the USA, Palladium pays for the shipping of each issue of The Rifter®. See the full description elsewhere in this Update and in the online store.
UPDATE: The Rifter® #61 Sneak Preview is now available on DriveThruRPG.com
The Rifter® #61 preview is available now. Enjoy. I hope to have a FREE Sneak Preview of Rifts® Vampires Sourcebook available in a week or two. There are already a number of Sneak Previews of other popular books including Rifts® Black Market and Rifts® Lemuria, among others.
DriveThruRPG.com is also your place to get PDFs of older products as well as sneak previews of upcoming books. Many back issues of The Rifter® are available on DriveThruRPG.com (issues #1-52), as are more than 90 out of print titles such as Rifts®, BTS™ and Palladium Fantasy® first edition rule books and sourcebooks. There are some currently available titles too, like the Splicers® RPG, The Mechanoid Invasion® Trilogy and other good stuff. And we have not forgotten about the PDF only editions of The Rifter® #0.1 and The Rifter® #0.2 – both are big, juicy digital editions of new, fan created material for the Palladium Megaverse® of games.
DriveThruRPG.com also offers the Rifts® and Palladium Fantasy® Game Master Kits ($5 each; both written by Carl Gleba and complete with maps, combat matrix, character sheets, spell list, and 20 pre-rolled characters created by Julius Rosenstein). Of course, there are FREE Sneak Previews of Endless Dead™, Rifts® Lemuria, Rifts® Vampire Kingdoms™, and Thundercloud Galaxy™, as well as 90+ out of print titles, including back issues of The Rifter®, and first edition rule books for Rifts®, Palladium Fantasy RPG®, Heroes Unlimited™, The Mechanoid Invasion® Trilogy, and lots of other good things. ALL available as PDF downloads at reasonable prices. And there is MORE to come.
UPDATE: Rifts® Vampires Sourcebook
This book is so good I can hardly wait for it to be done and to the printer. In fact, I’m pretty certain I’m going to increase the page size from the original 96 pages (already boosted to 128) to 160 pages. Crazy? Hmmm, crazy good!
I have remained hot writing the Rifts® Vampires Sourcebook, though this has been another week where other demands have prevented me from writing as much as I would have liked to been doing. I again plan to do nothing but write the entire weekend and into next week until I’m done with this sourcebook. I really do think Rifts® Vampires Sourcebook is going to blow people away. I mean, I’m writing stuff that is surprising me. :) I hope you Game Masters and gamers are ready for some high-powered adventure, because you’re going to want to go vampire slaying after reading this book. See the full description elsewhere in this Update.
UPDATE: Northern Gun™ One
Everyone who has seen the artwork already done, goes wild over it. And I’ve been assigning more to other artists. As soon as I’m finished with Rifts® Vampires Sourcebook, I immediately go full-force into this book.
UPDATE: Northern Gun™ Two
Pretty much the same as above. Artwork for it is already being done.
UPDATE: Dead Reign™ RPG
The Dead Reign™ RPG series continues to be hot. We have been getting an usually high number of orders for the Dead Reign™ RPG and sourcebooks from gamers as well as from most of our distributors this past week. Awesome. What can I say? Zombies are the hot thing, and Dead Reign™ RPG is an easy to learn, fast-playing, fun romp in the world of the dead. It’s one of my all-time favorites RPGs to run on the fly and at conventions.
UPDATE: Robotech® UEEF Marines™ Sourcebook One
No news on this front. I expect to get the finished manuscript any day now. This is another book I want in your hands by Spring.
UPDATE: Robotech® RPG Tactics™
There has been a lot of activity on Robotech® RPG Tactics™: Defense of Macross Island™ as it is in full-scale development. Rules for fast-paced combat and other elements to capture the action of the TV show and role-playing game are being worked on right now. Likewise, sculptors are busy working on 3D rendered game pieces and artists are drawing up a slew of concept art. In fact, we saw the first of the sculpts: A Valkyrie in Fighter mode yesterday and a Zentraedi Gnerl Fighter today. Both are gorgeous!
I know there has been a lot of speculation about Palladium’s Robotech® RPG Tactics™ and the level of quality for the game and the game pieces. While I cannot yet reveal many details, you need to understand that all the key people involved on this project are, themselves, Robotech® fans.
As such, the goal of EVERYONE involved is to create a game and beautiful, accurate and detailed game pieces that will thrill Robotech® fans of every stripe. I know that’s a tall order, but that’s our goal. It also means bringing in some of the best people in the business to create what we hope will be a true masterpiece. And for those of you into miniatures, when you hear some of the names of the people involved, you are going to be very, very pleased. I also think the scope and scale of our plans are going to blow you away and delight Robotech® fans and gamers alike. This will be an “A-list” quality game line. Robotech® RPG Tactics™: Defense of Macross Island™ will launch a line of Tactical RPG boxed games and 1/285th scale game pieces for all eras of Robotech® mecha and spaceships. When it’s time to release more details, YOU will be the first to know. Meanwhile, spread word about this game. We want Robotech® fans everywhere to know about it.
UPDATE: Mike Mumah
It’s our understanding that Mike is doing well with physical therapy and will be going to a rehab facility in a day or two, but his misfortune continues. From what has been posted on Mike Mumah’s Facebook page, the cabin where he lived caught fire and is pretty much destroyed. Don’t know what contents were lost, but it’s safe to assume it included Mike’s computer, original art, drawing supplies, books, clothing, and other personal items. Sad. At least nobody was hurt or killed. As always, our prayers and well wishes go out to Mike and his family. If there is anything we can do to help, we will do so. And we’ll let you know if you can do anything as well.
That’s the news for now. I expect to spend the weekend writing non-stop. I’m going back to it right now. I want books out as much as you do!
– Kevin Siembieda, Publisher, Writer and Gamer
Rifts® Aftermath – Back in Print
This world-spanning sourcebook examines the changing landscape of North America and the rest of the planet in the aftermath of the Coalition’s Siege on Tolkeen. Somehow, North America seems to be more dangerous than ever before, and things are about to get worse.
The Coalition Army continues its occupation of Tolkeen, the fallen Kingdom of Magic, bulldozing the cities, flushing out resistance fighters and capturing its secrets. The CS intends to wipe the Kingdom of Tolkeen from existence, and use its secrets of magic as bait to lure out other enemy forces and destroy other enemies of the CS. However, the Coalition’s war has stretched the nation thin, and the CS must worry about other rivals and adversaries.
- A sweeping overview of North America and the world, 109 P.A., after the fall of Tolkeen.
- The Coalition’s plans for domination and its war on magic.
- Coalition Magic Recovery Teams and the race for magic and secrets.
- Coalition bounties on war criminals and the fate of refugees.
- Tolkeen Resistance Fighters, their strategies and rescue operations.
- The Second Juicer Uprising!
- Demons, monsters and Iron Juggernauts run amok.
- Archie Three, the Federation of Magic, the Dark Woods and beyond.
- Written by Kevin Siembieda. Art by Wilson, Williams, Perez and others.
- 208 pages – $24.95 – Cat. No. 846. At the printer. Ships January 29, 2013.
The Rifter® #61 – Available Now
The Rifter® is an idea factory that helps players and Game Masters to generate new ideas and keep their games fresh. It provides useful, ready to go, source material gamers can just drop into their ongoing games. A doorway to new possibilities and numerous Palladium role-playing worlds. It offers new monsters, villains, characters, O.C.C.s, powers, magic, weapons, adventure and ideas for your games. It presents new villains, monsters and dangers to battle, and new ideas to consider. Every issue has material for Rifts® and at least two or three other Palladium game lines.
The Rifter® #61 is an extravaganza of source material that deals with a wide range of fun and diverse people, places, mutants, magic, gadgets, equipment and abilities. All certain to provide ideas for new villains and adventures. Many different Palladium RPG settings are represented. This issue includes:
- Rifts®, Phase World® and the Three Galaxies™ – Vergence is a dimension created and inhabited by True Atlanteans and is one of their oldest colonies. As if that weren’t exciting enough, this article includes new Magic Tattoos, the Atlantean Archon O.C.C., new Stone Magic, magic staves, adventure ideas and more.
- Rifts® City of Charter™ – The City of Charter, its history, people, places and purpose.
- After the Bomb® and Heroes Unlimited™ – A host of new Mutant Animals of England. These mutants can be used in Heroes Unlimited™ and adapted to just about any Palladium world setting, including Rifts® and Phase World®, where they could be aliens rather than mutants.
- Heroes Unlimited™ – The British anti-supervillain organization known as C.A.M.E.L.O.T.™, its agents, super-weapons, super-vehicles and purpose. Many adventure ideas.
- Palladium Fantasy®, Short Story – The Heart Taker is a tale of horror and adventure that will leave you breathless.
- ALL Game Settings – Charm & Impress, the Key to Success offers optional rules and guidelines for using the bonuses for high Physical Beauty.
- News, and lots of it, plus coming attractions, product descriptions and more.
- 96 pages – Still only $11.95 retail – Cat. No. 161. Available now.
The Rifter® – Super-Subscription Offer
● Free gift
● Free shipping of each issue in the USA
● Each fun issue delivered to your doorstep
● Each issue a sourcebook for the Palladium Megaverse® written by fans and freelancers. Looking for fresh, bold ideas, adventures, new places to visit, new people and monsters to encounter, new weapons or powers to attain, and other new source material for your games? Then The Rifter® is for you.
Super-Subscription Offer: The cover price of The Rifter® is $11.95 – a steal for 96 pages of RPG source material and adventures – but a subscription gets you The Rifter® delivered to your doorstep and you can select a free gift worth $20.95-$25.90 (available only during this special offer, for the cost of shipping and handling). All prices are in U.S. dollars. Offer ends February 20, 2013.
- $39.80 – USA. That’s only $9.95 each, a savings of $8.00, and Palladium pays the shipping! Plus you get to select a FREE subscriber’s gift worth $20.95-$25.90 (please include $6.00 to cover shipping and handling). That’s $45.80 total including shipping and handling for the free gift. Note: This rate is limited to subscribers in the USA only. Sorry.
- $61.80 – Canada. That’s $15.45 for each issue of The Rifter®, plus you get to select the FREE subscriber’s gift (please include $9.00 to cover shipping and handling). That’s $70.80 including the gift item. That’s still not a bad price for a 96 page sourcebook. Our apologies on the higher cost, but Palladium Books can not cover the cost of postage to other countries. We hope you understand.
- $75.80 – Overseas. That’s $18.95 for each 96 page issue, plus you get to select a FREE subscriber’s gift (please include $18.00 to cover shipping and handling). That’s $93.80 including the gift item. We are only passing along the additional postage cost, but it is hefty. Our apologies. Postal rates are out of our hands. Likewise, the purchaser is responsible for any duty or customs fee.
Note: Please indicate if the gift item is NOT wanted. You may decline the gift and get your subscription for the regular price of $39.80 (USA), $61.80 (Canada) or $75.80 (other countries).
A FREE gift worth $20.95 to $25.90
You pay only the cost of shipping and handling ($6.00 in the USA, $9.00 Canada, and $18.00 overseas).
● Gift choice #1: Best of The Rifter® and Tales of the Chi-Town ‘Burbs™; two books ($25.90 value).
● Gift choice #2: The Rifter® #14 and The Rifter® #16; two books ($23.90 value).
● Gift choice #3: Rifts® Chaos Earth™ RPG; core rule book ($20.95 value); this is the Coming of the Rifts!
● Gift choice #4: Palladium Fantasy® Sourcebook 13: Northern Hinterlands ($24.95 value) – O.C.C.s, R.C.C.s, monsters, places and more.
● Gift choice #5: Rifts® Coalition Wars® 6: Final Siege ($24.95 value) – City of Tolkeen mapped and described, City of Freehold (the domain of dragons) described, 40+ NPCs, plus monsters, dragons, TW vehicles, magic weapons, and adventure ideas.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Please include shipping and handling to receive your FREE gift: $6.00 in the USA, $9.00 Canada, $18.00 overseas. Thank you. You can decline the free gift and pay only the subscription price if you wish.
PLEASE indicate what issue number you’d like your new subscription to start at: #60 (last issue), #61 (the current issue), #62 (next issue, April 2011), or the issue when your current subscription ends (please give the number if you know it).
Click here to order. Offer ends February 20, 2013
Dead Reign™ RPG – Back in print
Okay, we never quite ran out. We were down to our last case of books when the third printing arrived from our printer.
Can you survive in a world where the dead have risen and feed upon the living? Battle zombies, mad men and death cultists in a post-apocalyptic world where the last of humanity struggles to survive.
Dead Reign™ RPG is the aftermath of the zombie apocalypse. Civilization is gone, the dead reign, and the living fight to survive against impossible odds. Tales of zombies, human survival and horror as a fast-paced, easy to learn game and sourcebooks. Think you know zombies? Think again.
- Easy to learn, easy to play, and fast paced.
- Clean, simple rules and quick character generation, and a depth of information and setting.
- 7 different types of zombies.
- Zombie combat and survival tips.
- 6 Apocalyptic Character Classes & Ordinary People. 40+ occupations to choose from.
- 101 Random Scenarios, Encounters and Settings.
- 100 Random Corpse Searches and other tables.
- Weapons, vehicles, and places of note.
- Death Cults, their Priests, power over zombies and goals.
- Quick Roll Character Creation tables (10 minutes).
- A complete role-playing game.
- Written by Kevin Siembieda, Josh Hilden and Joshua Sanford.
- $22.95 retail – 224 pages – Cat. No. 230. Available now.
Rifts® Vampires Sourcebook™ – In final production
In final production and looking outstanding. It should go to the printer in January and ship mid-February.
New secrets, magic and monsters of Mexico and the Yucatan. New conflicts between rival forces are brewing as Doc Reid prepares to take his private war on vampires to a whole new level. Meanwhile, the vampires live like smug tyrants and gods, dominating an underclass of cattle people used as slaves and food stock. Learn more about the vampires, their rivals, allies and the humans who willingly serve their supernatural masters for a chance to join the undead. A must-have guide for those who wish to travel deeper into the Vampire Kingdoms or play as vampires and their human minions. In final production right now, with art and text coming in and final editing and writing in progress.
- Updated data on Doc Reid, Reid’s Rangers and new weapons, gear, and strategies for fighting vampire.
- Fort Reid, an entire city devoted to hunting the undead.
- New O.C.C.s like the Bloodwatch Vampire Operative, Silver Swords Militia, Werejaguar Vampire Hunter and the Vampire ‘Borg.
- Vampire Hunter Mages and using Necromancy against vampires.
- Techno-Wizard anti-vampire weapons and magical devices.
- The dark arts of Soulcrafting and the dreaded Soul Forge.
- Firefighting robots, hover firetrucks and more anti-vampire gear.
- More human kingdoms within Mexico like the Tampico Military Protectorate and Durango, the Silver City.
- The Bloodwatch, a secret vampire intelligence agency that tracks down and exterminates Vampire Hunters.
- The Yucatan Peninsula, a mysterious dimensional pocket overrun by strange demons known as Xibalbans.
- The return of the Mayan god Camazotz, Lord of Bats and Darkness.
- The werebeasts of Mexico and Central America; those who assist the vampires and those who fight against them.
- Cover by Michael C. Hayes. Interior art by various artists.
- Written by Kevin Siembieda, Matthew Clements, Christopher Kluge and Braden Campbell.
- Expanded page count! 160 pages – $20.95 – Cat. No. 884. Goes to the printer in January; a February, 2013 release.
Rifts® World Book 33: Northern Gun™ One
The long-awaited Rifts® Northern Gun™ One nears completion.
Northern Gun™ is the largest independent manufacturer of high-tech weapons, robots and vehicles in North America. Outside of the Coalition States, one could argue, no other kingdom is as powerful or influential, at least when it comes to technology and weapons. The manufacture and sale of Northern Gun weapons and vehicles has given virtually every kingdom, town, colony of settlers and adventurer group a chance to survive and prosper. Located in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula, NG has been the premier outfitter of mercenaries, adventurers and upstart kingdoms for generations. Now, for the first time ever, learn Northern Gun’s history, goals and plans for the future. Of course, that means new weapons, robots, power armor, vehicles and gear.
- In-depth look at Northern Gun: its business operations and its community.
- Bionic and cybernetic services.
- Weapons and combat gear; new and old.
- Northern Gun robot drones; new and old.
- Northern Gun giant combat robots; new and old.
- Northern Gun freighters and hover trains.
- Northern Gun character classes and more.
- 109 P.A. catalog of Northern Gun products!
- Key locations, people and sales outlets in and around Northern Gun.
- Northern Gun’s relationship with the Coalition States, Triax Industries, the Black Market and others.
- The Kingdom of Ishpeming, a puppet-state propped up by NG.
- The Ishpeming military and more.
- Written by Matthew Clements and Kevin Siembieda.
- Interior Artwork by Chuck Walton, Nick Bradshaw, and others.
- Wraparound cover by Chuck Walton.
- 160 pages – $20.95 retail – Cat. No. 887 – February or March release.
Rifts® World Book 34: Northern Gun™ Two
More information about the weapons, vehicles and practices of Northern Gun, including the new rage of robot gladiatorial combat.
- Northern Gun power armors; new and old.
- Northern Gun hovercycles & land vehicles; new and old.
- Northern Gun aircraft; new and old.
- Northern Gun boats, ships and submarines; new and old.
- Northern Gun Robot Gladiatorial Arena; new!
- Robot Gladiator O.C.C. and robot gladiators.
- The NG Bounty Board, the largest collection of bounties and mercenary contracts anywhere on Rifts® Earth.
- Mercenaries, pirates and more.
- Written by Matthew Clements and Kevin Siembieda.
- Interior Artwork by Chuck Walton, Nick Bradshaw, and others.
- Wraparound cover by John Zeleznik.
- 160 pages – $20.95 retail – Cat. No. 888 – March or April release.
Rifts® World Book 35: Megaverse® in Flames™
The Minion War spills across Rifts Earth, where demons and infernals hope to recruit allies and use the Rifts as gateways of destruction. Their influence shakes things up across the planet, especially at locations where demons and Deevils already have a strong presence. Demons, Deevils and supernatural beings run rampant and wreak havoc across the world.
- Demon plagues and mystic blights.
- Soulmancy and Blood Magic revealed.
- Magical and demonic weapons and war machines.
- Demonic armies, strongholds and places of evil.
- Hell Pits and Rune Forges.
- Many Demon Lords, their minions and plans.
- Calgary, the Kingdom of Monsters; in detail.
- Ciudad de Diablo, Harpies’ Island and other notable Hell holes on Earth.
- Lord Doom, Pain and other demonic leaders.
- Horune treachery, Dimension Stormers and other villains.
- Notable demonic generals, mercenaries, people and places.
- Battleground: Earth – as demons and infernals amass their legions.
- Global chaos and the places most dramatically affected by the Demon Plagues.
- Epic battles and adventure ideas galore.
- Written by Carl Gleba. Part of the Minion War “Crossover” series.
- 192 pages – $24.95 retail – Cat. No. 876. Early 2013 release.
PDF downloads from DriveThruRPG.com
This is a great resource for getting out of print Palladium titles and other select books. We’ve made 90 titles available as PDF digital downloads from DriveThruRPG.com. This is a great way to try Palladium products and get access to out of print RPG source material. Some notable titles include:
- The Rifter® #49-52 recently added – available now.
- Splicers® RPG.
- Beyond the Supernatural™ RPG, First Edition Rules.
- Boxed Nightmares™ for BTS, First Edition Rules.
- Nightbane® Book Four: Shadows of Light™.
- The Mechanoids® RPG and The Mechanoid Invasion® RPG Trilogy.
- Palladium Fantasy RPG®, First Edition Rules and select 1st Edition sourcebooks.
- After the Bomb® RPG and sourcebooks.
- The Rifter® issues 1-52.
- The Best of The Rifter®.
- Deluxe Revised RECON® RPG and Advanced RECON® Sourcebook.
- And more – go to DriveThruRPG.com and check ‘em out.
Don’t forget about these recent releases
Robotech® Genesis Pits™ Sourcebook – Available now
This is a truly epic sourcebook that takes an in-depth look at the Invid Genesis Pits, their purpose, function, the mutants and monsters they unleash and the dangers they pose for non-Invid. It is jam-packed with never before seen source material, mutations, mutation tables (so you can generate your own Genesis Pit monsters and characters) and more. Robotech® fans have been loving this book.
- Inorganics and other war machines of the Invid Regent.
- Gura-Invid – monstrous mutant Invid that do not leave when the Regess and her Invid legions depart Earth.
- Bioroid and Zentraedi mutants, Simulagents and more.
- Different types of Genesis Pits from across the galaxy.
- Tables for creating Genesis Pit Mutants and Monsters as player characters and NPC villains.
- Secrets of the Invid and notable Genesis Pits of Earth.
- Genesis Pit mutations, monsters and dinosaurs.
- Artwork by Apollo Okamura, Allen Manning, Brian Manning, Mike Mumah, Ben Rodriguez, Mike Wilson, Nick Bradshaw, and others.
- Written by Irvin Jackson. 8½ x 11 inch book format. Available only in the USA and Canada.
- $16.95 – 112 pages. Cat. No. 555 – Available now.
Rifts® Black Market™ – Softcover Edition – Available now
See what everyone is talking about and order yours today. Rifts® Black Market™ is an epic, 192 page sourcebook that contains a wealth of information about the inner workings of the Black Market, the Five Factions, new Bandito Arms/Black Market weapons and gear, how to make any O.C.C. a Black Marketeer, special abilities of the Black Marketeer, criminal enterprises, Black Market loans, merc and crime jobs, and much more. This book has it all. AND best of all, a lot of it can be easily adapted to just about any world setting, not just Rifts Earth.
- Rules to make any O.C.C. (or R.C.C.) a Black Marketeer.
- Special abilities and benefits of the Black Marketeer.
- Specialized O.C.C.s of the Black Market.
- Criminal enterprises, jobs, and inner workings of the Black Market.
- The Five Black Market Factions that wield the greatest power in North America: Bandito Arms, The Chicago Network, The Immaterial Hand, El Oculta, and Le Marche Noir.
- Black Market internal operations and security.
- Black Market services, products, practices and customers.
- New weapons and equipment of Bandito Arms/Black Market.
- A wide range of BigBore weapons and other merc weapons.
- New power armor, vehicles and robot riding animals.
- Black Market criminal assignments, jobs and mercenary bounties.
- Major Black Market smuggling corridors and routes.
- Smuggling methods, both magical and conventional.
- Traveling Shows: Freak Shows, Medicine Shows and Circuses.
- Traveling Shows as fronts for the Black Market.
- Black Market Merchants, Market Towns and Market Outlets.
- Written by Matthew Clements, Kevin Siembieda, Carmen Bellaire, Taylor White, Julius Rosenstein and Alex Marciniszyn.
- 192 pages – $24.95 retail – Cat. No. 886. Available now.
Rifts® Black Market Hardcover – Gold Contraband Edition – Available now
Everything you want to know about the Black Market of Rifts® North America presented inside a pair of gorgeous black leatherette covers. Gold foil embossing on front cover and spine. Historically, gold collector editions only increase in value on the collector’s market, and often quickly. This is the lowest number of a Collector’s Gold Edition that Palladium has ever printed.
- Striking Black leatherette cover with gold foil embossing.
- Limited “Collector’s Edition” – only 250 signed and numbered copies were made available. About half have already sold.
- 8 signatures, including main authors Kevin Siembieda, Matthew Clements and Carmen Bellaire, plus Chuck Walton and the Palladium staff.
- Exactly the same content as the softcover book described below.
- Cover art by Chuck Walton.
- Written by Matthew Clements, Kevin Siembieda, Carmen Bellaire, Taylor White, Julius Rosenstein and Alex Marciniszyn.
- 192 pages – $60.00 retail – Cat. No. 886HC. Available now. Sold ONLY from Palladium Books via our online store, or call the office order line (734-721-2903) weekdays from 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM Eastern time.
Endless Dead™ – Dead Reign™ Sourcebook Three
The zombie hordes grow in number and strangeness. Can humankind survive? Where is the military?
- New types of zombies like Fused Zombies and Walking Mass Graves.
- New O.C.C.s including Wheelman, Zombie Hunter & Zombie Researcher.
- Info & tables for weaponizing vehicles and vehicle combat rules.
- Random encounter tables for military bases, police stations, gun stores, buildings, suburbs, industrial parks, small towns, farmland and wilderness.
- Tables for creating Survivor caravans, hideouts, Safe Havens & more.
- Timetable for setting zombie campaigns and many adventure ideas.
- Written by Kevin Siembieda and Matthew Clements.
- $16.95 retail – 96 pages – Cat. No. 233. Available now.
Back in Print and Great Gift Ideas
The Rifter® #50, Anniversary Special – back in print due to popular demand
You might think of The Rifter® #50 as a special “all-star” anniversary issue with official source material for Rifts®, Heroes Unlimited™, Nightbane® and many other Palladium RPG settings.
The Rifter® #50 includes:
- Chaos Earth™ – Official source material that includes psionics and three new psychic O.C.C.s: Charismatic O.C.C., Reactionary O.C.C. and Teke Freak O.C.C. Written by Jason Richards. Art by Allen and Brian Manning.
- Heroes Unlimited™ – Official source material about fame, glory and infamy for heroes and the legacy they create. Written by Mark Oberle. Art by Mark Dudley.
- Nightbane® – Official source material on the new O.C.C. known as the Mortificant or Death Caller. Written by Irvin Jackson. Art by Kent Burles.
- Ninjas & Superspies™ – Optional rules about combat, combat moves, modifiers and more. Written by Taylor White. Art by Nick Bradshaw.
- Palladium Fantasy RPG® – Official source material that includes the Elven magic of the Zodiac Mage O.C.C. and Star Mage O.C.C. by Carl Gleba. Art by Amy L. Ashbaugh.
- Phase World® – Official source material that includes a look at the Free World Council (FWC). Written by Braden Campbell. Art by Apollo Okamura.
- Rifts® – Optional vehicle construction rules for the Rifts® Operator O.C.C. Written by Greg Diaczyk. Art by Nick Bradshaw.
- Rifts® Comic Strip written and illustrated by Michael Leonard.
- Splicers® – Official source material that includes three new O.C.C.s: The Geneticist O.C.C., Tormentor O.C.C., and the Gardener O.C.C., and more. Written by Brandon Aten and Matthew Orr. Art by Chuck Walton.
- And more! 128 pages – $14.95 retail – Cat. No. 150. Available now.
BACK IN PRINT: Rifts® Logo T-Shirts in most sizes
We’ve been asked over and over again to re-issue the popular Rifts® Logo T-shirt in sizes other than XL. We heard your requests, and here you go. Order yours today.
● The full Rifts® logo as created by artist Kevin Long, printed in white on a black T-shirt.
● Sizes Small to 5XL.
● 100% cotton – our usual quality T-shirt.
● Cat. No. TS804
● And don’t forget other fun T-shirt designs like . . .
- Property of the Coalition States – Cat. No. 2528
- Coalition Christmas – Cat. No. 2553
- Vampire Kingdoms – Cat. No. 2548
- Wilk’s Logo – Cat. No. 2557
- Northern Gun – Cat. No. 2559
- Dead Reign™ “It’s not like it’s the end of the world” (art by Amy Ashbaugh; printing on front and back) – Cat. No. 2531
- Dead Reign™ “Survive” (art by Nick Bradshaw) – Cat. No. 2556
- Gamer – Cat. No. 2532
- And others.
Anime North – May 24-26, 2013 – Toronto, Canada
I am one of the guests at Anime North in Toronto, Canada. The event takes place Memorial Day weekend, May 24-26, 2013. Wayne Smith and one or two other Palladium creators will also be present to chat and sign autographs. We also hope to bring a pile of books, prints and other goodies to sell in the dealers’ room. www.animenorth.com
Gen Con® Indy – August 15-18, 2013 – Indianapolis, Indiana
We can hardly wait for Gen Con this year as we hope to have advance copies of Robotech® RPG Tactics™: Defense of Macross Island™ there. Not to mention a stock of new releases from throughout the year. We may even need to expand the size of our booth. Hope to see many of you there.
Game Masters, submit your events now to get into the Gen Con program book! See http://www.gencon.com/host/eo-gm for more details.
Note: There will be no Palladium Open House in 2013 or 2014.
© Copyright 2013 Palladium Books Inc. All rights reserved.
Rifts®, The Rifter®, RECON®, Splicers®, Palladium Books®, The Palladium Fantasy Role-Playing Game®, Phase World®, Nightbane®, Megaverse®, The Mechanoids®, The Mechanoid Invasion®, Coalition Wars® and After the Bomb® are Registered Trademarks of Palladium Books Inc. Beyond the Supernatural™, Chaos Earth, Coalition States, Dead Reign, Heroes Unlimited, Ninjas & Superspies, Minion War, Mysteries of Magic, SAMAS, Thundercloud Galaxy, Three Galaxies, Vampire Kingdoms, and other published book titles, names, slogans and likenesses are trademarks of Palladium Books Inc., and Kevin Siembieda.
Robotech® and Robotech® The Shadow Chronicles® are Registered Trademarks of Harmony Gold USA, Inc.
This press release may be reprinted, reposted, linked and shared for the sole purpose of advertising, promotion and sales solicitation.