Palladium Books® Weekly Update – September 1, 2011
By Kevin Siembieda
We have been dynamos this past week, making real headway on getting new books in the pipeline closer to release.
Wayne Smith has been busy editing Robotech® New Generation™ and pulling together The Rifter® #56.
Alex Marciniszyn has been editing Robotech® New Generation™ and working on other projects.
Matthew Clements has finished his second draft of Rifts® Black Market and has started work on Rifts® Northern Gun.
As for me, I have been juggling a number of things (as usual), but my main focus has been editing and tweaking Robotech® New Generation™. As soon as I’m done with New Generation, I dive into Lemuria, which I expect to be this weekend.
UPDATE: Robotech® New Generation™ Sourcebook. The book is completely written, 90% has gone through final editing, and half of the text has been sent to Harmony Gold this week for approval. The rest will follow immediately after the Labor Day holiday. As soon as we get approvals, I will assign the artwork. If approvals by Harmony Gold are quick, the book should hit its October release date without difficulty. On a personal level, I love this book. Apollo’s cover rocks and I feel Irvin Jackson was spot-on capturing the feel and excitement of Robotech® New Generation™. Hopefully, the folks at Harmony Gold agree.
NO more manga size. We’ve decided to stop doing manga-sized Robotech® books. Starting with the Robotech® New Generation™ Sourcebook, all future Robotech® supplements will be our usual 8½ x 11 size and format. If and when we sell out of the existing manga-sized books, we will reprint them in the larger, standard format. The manga size was a noble experiment, but the overwhelming majority of gamers (75%) have pleaded for our return to the standard size. Well, we’ve heard your pleas and that’s what we’re doing. Let the rejoicing begin. ;)
UPDATE: Rifts® Lemuria will go into final production in the next few days. ALL artwork is done. The book has undergone a preliminary editing and tweaking, now I make the final pass. I’m very excited about this book, the ideas are great and I think I can get through it quickly. We’ll be working hard to have Rifts® Lemuria released by the end of September. Like I said in the last Weekly Update, we are committed to getting the next four new books (including The Rifter® #56) out by the end of October.
UPDATE: Rifts® Vampires Sourcebook is next! A hefty 80% of it is written and waiting for me to finish. 60% of the art is done too. All we need to do is wrap this bad boy up and send it to the printer for an October release.
UPDATE: The Rifter® #56 is entering into its final production phase. Now that Wayne has made most of his selections, I’ll be assigning artwork while he, Alex and Matthew do final editing.
UPDATE: Dead Reign™ Sourcebook Three. I’m hoping for an October release, but it’s probably more likely to be November.
UPDATE: Rifts® Megaverse in Flames™. I want this book out no later than December, but I’ll be shooting for a November release. This is a big, 160-192 page extravaganza jam-packed with amazing ideas, new magic, menaces and drama, so it might take a bit longer to finish than others.
MEANWHILE, Rifts® Chaos Earth™: First Responders Sourcebook and another Robotech® Sourcebook are in final development and we are tentatively working to see at least one of those released by the end the year (November and December). I have several manuscripts coming in over the next few months, and Matthew and I have several titles planned to start 2012 off with a bang.
UPDATE: Megaversal Ambassadors Game Master support kits are still pending. Sorry. Getting books finished has taken precedent, but they are coming. Promise. They’re in Wayne’s hands now. These G.M. kits will be made available for free to Megaversal Ambassadors, but will also be made available for a small fee on DriveThruRPG.com as PDFs for Palladium G.M.s and gamers who might also want to use these helpful Game Mastering aids. Each set of G.M. tools is game specific, the first of which is for Rifts® and the second for the Palladium Fantasy RPG®. Both should be available within a week or two. G.M. tools for other world settings are also coming.
Megaversal Ambassadors are volunteer Game Masters who run Palladium gaming events at local conventions, stores and special events. If you are interested in joining this elite crew, contact us, or Zachary Houghton or James Brown. There is more information about the Megaversal Ambassadors on the Palladium Website under “Community.” We encourage those of you who love to run games to contact the people running this volunteer force of super-gamers and spread the Palladium role-playing experience.
UPDATE Kevin’s Online Store. Alex has been busy rebuilding my online store. The store offers toys and collectibles from my personal collection. This week Alex has added a large number of toy listings – mostly Star Wars and Marvel superhero action figures, toy weapons and vehicles. More toys will follow. Next week there should be some Palladium collectibles as well as rare prints, select books and other odds and ends. We’ll be adding new items for sale every week for the next several weeks. Most toys are listed at below average prices. You can check it all out at: http://stores.ebay.com/kevinstoys-artandcollectibles
UPDATE: Palladium online sales. It was another up and down week of sales. Just as we thought we were going to have a very good week, sales plummetted for a day or two. I seem to recall holiday weekend sales are usually low, but I’m hoping otherwise for this weekend. Orders continue to come in for Rifts® Vampire Kingdoms™ as do pre-orders for Robotech® New Generation Sourcebook, Rifts® Lemuria, Rifts® Vampires Sourcebook, and Megaverse® in Flames™. Pre-orders are smart as we do not charge your card until the book is close to shipping and it guarantees that you are one of the first to get a copy. We ship pre-orders the same day the new title arrives to our warehouse. Of course, UPS is your fastest shipping option and takes 1-4 days to arrive at most locations. Media Mail is the least expensive, but takes 3-16 days to arrive.
Watch for Sneak Previews of Rifts® Vampires Sourcebook™ and Lemuria as FREE PDFs from DriveThruRPG.com in the weeks to come. The Rifts® Vampire Kingdoms™ Sneak Preview is available now. Sneak Previews of Armageddon Unlimited™ and Rifts® Thundercloud Galaxy™ are also available. To get any of the free PDF downloads, go to DriveThruRPG.com. It is easy to create a free account and only takes a couple of minutes. DriveThruRPG.com is a good resource for getting the Hades & Dyval Map Pack, The Rifter® Number Zero, The Rifter® #1-48 and to fill in your RPG library with first edition copies of Rifts®, Palladium Fantasy®, Heroes Unlimited™, and other game lines, as well as books such as Nightbane® Book Four: Shadows of Light™ and both versions of the The Mechanoids® RPG (1985) and The Collected Mechanoid Invasion® Trilogy (1981-1983).
UPDATE: Back in Print: Just a reminder that the following books are back in print and available now.
- Rifts® World Book 23: Xiticix Invasion™
- Rifts® Coalition Wars® Book 1: Sedition™
- Rifts® Coalition Wars® Book 2: Coalition Overkill™
Note: All six books in the Coalition Wars/Siege on Tolkeen series are in print.
The following titles are also recently back in print and ready to ship:
- Rifts® Free Quebec™
- Rifts® Book of Magic
- Rifts® World Book 8: Rifts® Japan™
- Rifts® World Book 13: Lone Star™
- Rifts® Dimension Book™ 6: Three Galaxies™
UPDATE Alex. He continues to do well and feel better. Alex has been in better spirits, enjoys being back home and has even been writing up ideas for various upcoming releases, including the Rifts® Black Market book.
UPDATE Convention Appearances. Convention news is located toward the end of the Weekly Update. Palladium’s next convention appearance is at the Detroit FanFare in September.
UPDATE Palladium Open House – May 4, 5, 6, 2012 (May 3 is VIP Night). I am pleased with the level of excitement by Palladium gamers about this very special event. I want to make it the best Open House yet. Placing orders now helps us plan and prepare for the event months in advance, so if you’re coming, place those admission orders.
Halloween Store – QueenofGhouls.com – Kathy Simmons has been a dynamo cranking out more new killer clowns, a scary nurse, a sinister circus ringmaster, a new type of crawling zombie and has a werewolf, Mad Doctor and more zombies in the works. Halloween is only 60 days away.
Kathy’s life-sized Halloween props include killer clowns, mad doctors, zombies, witches, wizards, executioners, werewolves and monsters. The Queen of Ghouls is something of a fun extension of Palladium Books because Kathy is a beloved staff member and I help her paint and tatter clothing for many of these unique Halloween decorations. If you are looking for a standout Halloween item for your front lawn, one of these will do the trick. And they look sooo much better than the photos. WARNING: Once you see one of Kathy’s ghouls in person and get rants and raves from everyone who visits your home on Halloween, you may find yourself buying a new one every year.
Check out her Halloween store at QueenofGhouls.com. Her creations are durable and can be used year after year. Gamers have loved the ones we’ve had at the Palladium Open House and Gen Con – they are truly awesome. Halloween is just around the corner.
Labor Day Weekend. This is generally seen as the last weekend of Summer. To those of you going to Dragon Con: I’m jealous. I LOVE that convention. Have fun. To the rest of you, have a safe, fun weekend. I might even take Sunday or Monday off to see a movie, read and relax a little.
In the last Weekly Update, I gave a shout out to the many wonderful and talented people who work so hard on the games and sourcebooks produced by Palladium. Designing games, writing and illustration are hard work – they are more demanding and difficult work than you might imagine. But it’s also fun and rewarding in unexpected ways. For the Palladium staff, it is a joy to come to work. Sure there are business issues, deadline pressures and things that are a pain in the neck, but there are also camaraderie, friends, shared inspiration and exciting challenges. We love what we do and enjoy the people we work with, but we also have the rare privilege of creating product for people we like: Gamers. Gamers are some of the nicest, smartest and most special geeks and nerds on the planet. They tell us what they think, and share their excitement and joy over our work. How lucky we all are to have jobs that require unleashing our imaginations, spinning stories, and building new worlds of adventure for the greatest fans in the Megaverse. It’s awesome! Just this morning, Matthew Clements exclaimed, “God, I love this job.” Amen.
Alright, we’ve got books to write, so I’m signing off for now. Keep those imaginations burning bright and game on.
– Kevin Siembieda, Publisher
NEW! Rifts® World Book One:
Vampire Kingdoms™, New Revised Edition
– Available now
Rifts® Vampire Kingdoms™ is in our warehouse waiting for your order. Initial feedback has been overwhelmingly positive. Order yours today.
For centuries, Mexico has been considered the realm of monsters best left alone. A land dominated by packs of Wild Vampires and rumored to be home of Vampire Kingdoms in the south. Most of the northern civilizations have stayed away, but over the last 20 years, a growing number of heroes, vampire slayers and adventurers have been waging something of a secret war against the undead. As that battle escalates, stories of heroes, vampires and entire human populations enslaved by the undead or penned, raised and slaughtered like cattle, are starting to leak out. Come see for yourself if the rumors are true and join the battle for humanity in Mexico.
- Vampire Hunter O.C.C.s, all new.
- Vampires: Their strengths, weaknesses and powers.
- Vampire strategies and plans for conquest.
- Vampire minions, henchmen and protectors, all new.
- Rifts vampires, how they think, behave, fight and kill.
- Different types of vampires, their Master, and the Vampire Intelligence (the deific creator of the undead).
- Hero Vampire and Deluded Vampire R.C.C.s as player characters.
- 40+ vampire abilities, vampire weaknesses and combat notes.
- Vampire combat and the weapons and techniques of vampire slayers.
- Who can be turned into vampires and who cannot.
- Chupacabras and other monsters and riding animals.
- Reid’s Ranger O.C.C. and the observations of Doc Reid, all new.
- Vampire fighting weapons, silver bullets, wooden stakes and more.
- The city-states of El Paso and Ciudad Juarez described. Updated and expanded.
- Town creation tables and rules. All new.
- Vampire ruled towns and the hold they have over them. All new.
- Wild Vampires and the secret behind their presence in northern Mexico.
- Overviews of the Vampire Kingdoms, with expanded material on vampire society, hierarchy, their psychology, behavior, human cattle and servants, vampire dominion over the villages and towns of Northern Mexico and much more.
- The presence of Archie Three, Lemurians and the Splugorth.
- Ideas for adventure throughout.
- Updated and revised to 109 P.A.
- Cover by E.M. Gist.
- New artwork by Mike Wilson, Mike Mumah, Nick Bradshaw and Kent Burles, plus the best of Kevin Long and Tim Truman from the original book.
- Written by Kevin Siembieda. Additional text and ideas by Matthew Clements and Braden Campbell.
- 224 pages – $24.95 retail – Cat. No. 802-E. Available now. Order yours today.
NEW! The Rifter® #55
– Available now
The Rifter® is your doorway to unlimited imagination and numerous Palladium role-playing worlds. It offers new heroes, powers, weapons, magic and adventure for your games. It presents new villains, monsters and dangers to battle, and new ideas to consider.
The Rifter® #55: Looks fantastic. Packed with adventure and game ideas for your campaigns.
- Rifts® Vampire Kingdoms®: Sneak preview by Kevin Siembieda.
- Palladium Fantasy RPG®: Source material that expands upon the Quorians, by Travis Guerrero.
- Palladium Fantasy RPG®: Ancestral Mystic™ who derives special abilities from his ancestors. By Paul Herbert.
- Nightbane®: Dark Day™ Chronicles, Volume Three, a short story and character stats by Jeremy Hutchins.
- Rifts®: The original Triax O.C.C.s updated by Brandon Aten.
- Rifts® Thundercloud Galaxy™: More on the CCW by Braden Campbell.
- Rifts®: Black Crusade™ Two: Info on the Methodeans, their syndicates and secret organizations, history and adventure ideas.
- News and coming attractions.
- Fiction and more.
- Cover by R.C. Aradio.
- $11.95 retail – 96 pages – Cat. No. 155. Available now.
NEW! Rifts® World Book: Lemuria™
– Ships September, 2011
The power, secrets and magic of the underwater realm of Lemuria revealed. Player characters can use symbiotes, magic and technology to breathe underwater and spend time below the waves.
Lemuria is more than an underwater civilization of aquatic beings. They can trace their lineage as far back as the Atlanteans and can survive on dry land as well as underwater. In fact, their greatest secret is that there is no one resting place for the Lemurians, their great cities are always moving. Learn about the people of Lemuria, new Biomancy magic and weapons, Biomancy engineered riding animals, sea herbs, new powers of healing, sea monsters, and more. Epic adventure awaits.
- The Lemurians, their race, history and society.
- New O.C.C.s including the Serpent Hunter, Shriekers, Oceanic Guardsman, Aquatic Biomancer and others.
- The Stone Guardians of Easter Island and other mysteries.
- Biomancer Gardens and Aquatic Biomancy.
- Biomancy armor, weapons and equipment.
- Symbiotic creatures and constructs; some that enable air-breathers to survive underwater, indefinitely.
- New psionic abilities.
- Sea Serpents, Sea Dragons, monsters, and riding animals.
- New dangers, new challenges, adventure ideas and more.
- Written by Greg Diaczyk.
- Cover by John Zeleznik.
- 160 pages – $20.95 retail – Cat. No. 885. Final page count and price may be subject to expansion and increase. September release.
NEW! Rifts® Vampires Sourcebook™
The Rifts® Vampires Sourcebook™ will expand upon old material from the original Vampire Kingdoms World Book as well as much completely new material. Trouble is stirring in the Vampire Kingdoms as ambitious vampire lords, ladies and misanthropes seek to expand their power to dominate more mortal life forms. This sourcebook will be every bit as exciting and packed with cool stuff as Rifts® Vampire Kingdoms™.
- Vampires of the Yucatan, the dark god Camazotz and more.
- Vampires and Werebeasts of the Yucatan.
- Expanded overview of the Yucatan.
- Doc Reid and key Rangers, plus Fort Reid described.
- Magic based Vampire Hunters and human strongholds.
- Techno-Wizard weapons and gear. Plus more non-TW vehicles and gear.
- Vampire Hunter “exterminators.” Mortal assassins who serve the vampires by hunting and destroying Vampire Hunters and other enemies of the Vampire Kingdoms.
- New info about the Vampire Kingdoms, adventure ideas and more.
- Cover by Michael C. Hayes. Interior art by various artists.
- Written by Kevin Siembieda, Braden Campbell and Matthew Clements.
- 128 pages – $16.95 retail – Cat. No. 884. October release.
NEW! Robotech® New Generation™ Sourcebook
The battle for the liberation of Earth starts here. For the first time in its history, the Earth has been invaded and occupied by alien invaders – the Invid. The Invid think they have won, but Freedom Fighters, UEEF soldiers and other heroes continue to fight. This is the first sourcebook to combine ALL generations of Robotech® into one epic setting.
- A setting in which Battloids, Veritechs, power armor and technology from all eras of Robotech can come together.
- Kit-bashed mecha and rules for jury-rigging and combining parts from different generations of Robotech® mecha.
- O.C.C.s include the Freedom Fighter, Patcher, Urchin, Pathfinder, Invid Protoculture Experiment and more.
- The Resistance and how it works.
- New weapons, vehicles and mecha.
- Adventure and adventure ideas galore.
- Written by Irvin Jackson. Additional text by Kevin Siembieda.
- Cover by Apollo Okamura.
- A standard, 8½ x 11 sourcebook.
- 96 pages – $16.95 retail – Cat. No. 554. Final page count and price may be subject to change. October 2011 release.
Note: With any luck, there will be a companion Robotech® sourcebook released by the end of the year.
NEW! Rifts® Megaverse® in Flames™
The Minion War spills across Rifts Earth, where demons and infernals hope to recruit allies and use the Rifts as gateways of destruction. Their influence shakes things up across the planet, especially at locations where demons and Deevils already have a strong presence. More details to follow, but for now, ‘nuff said.
- Soulmancer and Blood Magic.
- The Seven Deadly Plagues.
- The Demon Plagues across the globe.
- Battleground: Earth – as demons and infernals amass their legions.
- Rifts Calgary – also known as Hell’s Pit; the kingdom described.
- Ciudad de Diablo, Harpies’ Island and other notable Hell holes on Earth.
- Lord Doom, Pain and other demonic leaders.
- Horune treachery, Dimension Stormers and other villains.
- Global chaos and the places most dramatically affected by the Demon Plagues.
- Notable demonic generals, mercenaries, people and places.
- Many adventure ideas.
- Written by Carl Gleba.
- 192 pages – $24.95 retail – Cat. No. 876. November release.
NEW! Rifts® Chaos Earth™ Sourcebook: First Responders
Data about the chaos and madness of the early days of the Great Cataclysm, and the brave men and women who tried to stem the tide of destruction and save lives, the First Responders.
- Apocalypse Plagues: Strange diseases, symbiotes and mutations that transform, torment, harm and kill Earth's survivors.
- First Responder O.C.C.s, skills and special equipment.
- Civilian O.C.C.s, skills and orientation.
- Notable rescue vehicles, robot drones, and technology.
- New weapons, vehicles, mecha and more.
- Character modification and enhancement rules.
- Creatures from the Rifts and adventure ideas galore.
- Written by Jason Richards & Kevin Siembieda.
- 96 to 128 pages – $16.95 retail – Cat. No. 665. Coming in 2011.
BACK IN PRINT
Rifts® World Book 23: Xiticix Invasion™
Earth is home to thousands of alien species from beyond the Rifts, but one of the strangest and most dangerous is the Xiticix. A danger nobody seemed to realize until the sprawling Hivelands began to encroach on the territories of other people. Armed with new breeds of aggressive warriors, new weapons and legions of insectoids willing to fight to the death, people are beginning to wonder if they are the next threat to humanity.
- 9 different types of Xiticix, their hierarchy and society.
- Xiticix Hive Cities, defenses and plans for expansion.
- Xiticix powers, abilities and weapons.
- Psi-Stalker Tribes fighting the Xiticix. The Psi-Stalker R.C.C. revisited.
- Heroes and Hardcases: groups and 15 Non-Player Characters.
- Plots against the alien invaders by the Coalition States, Lazlo and others.
- Fort Barron of the Coalition Army, mapped and described.
- Adventures, maps and many adventure ideas.
- Written by Kevin Siembieda and Wayne Breaux Jr.
- 160 pages – $20.95 retail – Cat. No. 838. Available now. Order yours today.
BACK IN PRINT
The “complete” Coalition Wars® Siege on Tolkeen™ Series
Magic vs Technology. All-out war between the Coalition and the Magic Kingdom of Tolkeen. Even if you don’t play the war, the series offers fantastic source material: magic artifacts, Spells of Legend, Techno-Wizard war machines, maps, cities, towns, monsters and scores of NPCs you can drop into any campaign. All six titles are in print.
The Books in the Siege on Tolkeen Series: All are available now.
- Book 1: Sedition – New spells, TW weapons, Iron Juggernauts & more.
- Book 2: Coalition Overkill – Daemonix, Coalition Forces, NPCs, adventure & more.
- Book 3: Sorcerers’ Revenge – Shadow Dragons, more Iron Juggernauts, 25 NPCs & more.
- Book 4: Cyber-Knights – In-depth look at the Knights, sub-classes like Crusaders, Rogues & more.
- Book 5: Shadows of Evil – People, places, NPCs, defenses & more.
- Book 6: Final Siege – Tolkeen mapped, 42 NPCs, TW weapons, dragons, monsters, adventures & more.
- Series written by Kevin Siembieda and Bill Coffin.
BACK IN PRINT
Coalition Wars® One: Sedition
The Coalition Army is in place and waging war on Tolkeen, a Kingdom of Magic. This sourcebook lays the groundwork for an epic conflict and ongoing campaign. If you don’t want to play out the war, it provides all kinds of valuable stand-alone source material, magic items, magic spells, magic weapons, TW Iron Juggernauts, monsters, villains and adventure ideas.
- Magic vs Technology: Coalition anti-magic devices and tactics.
- 70+ Techno-Wizard weapons and devices.
- 10 Spells of Legend, 6 fabled magic artifacts, 11 maps.
- Techno-Wizard Iron Juggernauts – giant robot-like war machines powered by magic.
- Techno-Wizard vehicle construction rules plus 12 specific types of vehicles.
- Tolkeen’s war plans and strategies, plus a Tolkeen time-line of events leading to war.
- Tolkeen combat formations and monster allies.
- Notable places like the Great Skelebot Graveyard, City of Solomon, Camp Fatale, and others.
- Ley Line Magic, key people and more.
- Written by Kevin Siembieda and Bill Coffin.
- 160 pages – $20.95 retail – Cat. No. 839. Available now. Order yours today.
BACK IN PRINT
Coalition Wars® Two: Coalition Overkill™
The war escalates on both sides. A new breed of Coalition officers begin to come to the forefront, and with them cruelty, murder and genocide. The Coalition Army is ruthless, but Tolkeen has a few tricks up its sleeve, like an alliance with a race of ancient demons known as the Daemonix.
- Introducing the Daemonix demons.
- 40+ NPCs, Coalition combat squads and operations.
- Coalition Flying Leviathan Stratocarrier.
- Tolkeen strategies and tactics.
- The Coalition’s campaign of revenge.
- Bounty Hunters, mercenaries, adventure ideas and more.
- Written by Kevin Siembieda and Bill Coffin.
- 112 pages – $16.95 retail – Cat. No. 840. Available now. Order yours today.
Rifts® Book of Magic
– Back in Print – Available Now
This is the ultimate guide to magic on Rifts Earth. All the magic spells, magic tattoos, Techno-Wizard items, magic weapons, equipment, body armor, restraints, parasites, symbiotes, magic items, Automatons, Iron Juggernauts, and more from Rifts® World Books 1-23, Sourcebooks 1-4, and Siege on Tolkeen 1-6, collected into one big reference. This is a great reference book. Kevin and all of us at Palladium use it and the Rifts® Game Master Guide constantly.
- 850+ spells of great variety.
- 370+ magic items, weapons and devices.
- Elemental Magic, Temporal Magic, Ley Line Magic, Cloud Magic and Necromancy.
- Tattoo Magic, Nazca Line Magic, Nature Magic, Whalesongs and Ocean Magic, and more.
- Magic Songs, Chants, Biomancy, Magic Herbs, and Iron Juggernauts.
- Techno-Wizard weapons and devices, Rune Weapons, Millennium Tree wands and other magic items.
- Magic herbs, plants, components and symbiotes.
- Shamanistic magic, Fetishes, Talismans and more.
- Comprehensive index of Practitioners of Magic.
- Designer notes, comments, tips & hints for running magic characters.
- Written by Kevin Siembieda and others.
- 352 pages – $26.95 retail – Cat. No. 848. Available now.
Rifts® World Book 8: Rifts® Japan™
– Back in Print – Available now
This fan-favorite sourcebook is filled with high-tech wonders, magic and monsters. There are 20 O.C.C.s (Occupational Character Classes) that range from the traditional ninja and samurai to power armor, giant robots and cyborgs.
- 20 O.C.C.s including the Mystic Ninja, Ninja Cyborg, Ninja Juicer, Cyber-Samurai, Ninja Techno-Wizard, Japanese Demon Queller & more.
- 12 suits of power armor including Samurai SAMAS and Glitter Boys.
- 9 giant robots.
- Cyborgs of Japan, including Dragon Cyborgs and other bionics.
- Advanced weapons, melee weapons and other gear.
- Mystical powers and martial arts.
- Enchanted weapons and items including the Living Samurai Sword.
- 11 notable demons, goblins and dragons of Japan.
- Kyoto Millennium Tree, visions, wands and weapons.
- Overview of Japan, its people, magic and technology.
- Written by C.J. Carella.
- 216 pages – $24.95 retail – Cat. No. 818. Available now.
Rifts® World Book 13: Lone Star™
– Back in Print – Available now
The Coalition State of Lone Star is a wild and woolly place of contrast and conflict. The Coalition States claims the entire State of Texas as their own, but they only control a small corner of it. It is here, at the Lone Star Complex, that the CS engages in genetic engineering and creates the famous Dog Boys and a host of other mutants. The rest of the state is held by the Pecos Empire – an empire of bandits, outlaws and rebels. The perfect companion to Rifts® New West™, Rifts® Spirit West™ and Rifts® Machinations of Doom™.
- 19 R.C.C.s, many of which are mutants.
- A few new O.C.C.s.
- Dog Boys – an in-depth look at how they are designed, bred and trained.
- Dog Boy armor and CS weapons.
- CS Death Wing assault armor.
- Hover cycles of the Lone Star state.
- Notable characters in the region.
- Overview of Lone Star and the Pecos Empire.
- Overview of the Lone Star Complex and the mad doctor who runs it.
- A wealth of background material and adventure ideas.
- Written by Kevin Siembieda.
- 176 pages – $20.95 retail – Cat. No. 825. Available now.
PDF downloads from DriveThruRPG.com
This is a great resource for getting out of print Palladium titles and other select books. We’ve made 90 titles available as PDF digital downloads fromDriveThruRPG.com. This is a great way to try Palladium products and get access to out of print RPG source material. Some notable titles include.
- Splicers® RPG
- Beyond the Supernatural™ RPG, First Edition Rules.
- Boxed Nightmares™ for BTS, First Edition Rules.
- Nightbane® Book Four: Shadows of Light™.
- The Mechanoids® RPG and The Mechanoid Invasion® RPG Trilogy.
- Palladium Fantasy RPG®, First Edition Rules and select 1st Edition sourcebooks.
- After the Bomb® RPG and sourcebooks.
- The Rifter® issues 1-48.
- The Best of The Rifter®
- Deluxe Revised RECON® RPG and Advanced RECON® Sourcebook.
- And more – go to DriveThruRPG.com and check ‘em out.
2011 Palladium Releases
2011 New Releases & Back in Print
- Rifts® World Book 1: Vampire Kingdoms™ – New – Available now!
- Rifts® Dimension Book™ 14: Thundercloud Galaxy™ – New – Available now!
- Armageddon Unlimited™ – New – Available now!
- The Rifter® #53 – New – Available now!
- The Rifter® #54 – New – Available now!
- Aliens Unlimited™ – A Heroes Unlimited™ sourcebook – Back in print – Available now
- Rifts® World Book 20: Canada – Back in print – Available now
- Rifts® Dark Conversions™ – Back in print – Available now
- Palladium Fantasy RPG® – Back in print – Available now
- Rifts® Game Master Guide – Back in print – Available now
- Rifts® World Book 5: Triax & The NGR™ – Back in print – Available now
- Rifts® Bionics Sourcebook – Back in print – Available now
- Rifts® China One – Back in print – Available now
- Rifts® Megaverse® Builder – Back in print – Available now
- Rifts® Baseball Cap – Back in stock – Available now
- Rifts® Dimension Book™ 6: Three Galaxies™ – Back in print – Available now
- Rifts® Black Vault™ – Back in print – Available now
- Rifts® Mercenaries™ – Back in print – Available now
- Rifts® World Book 8: Rifts® Japan™ – Back in print – Available now
- Rifts® World Book 13: Lone Star™ – Back in print – Available now
- Rifts® Book of Magic – Back in print – Available now
June 2011 Releases
- Rifts® WB 23: Free Quebec™ – BACK IN PRINT – Available now
July 2011 Releases
- The Rifter® #55 – New – Available now
- Rifts® Coalition Wars® Book One: Sedition– BACK IN PRINT – Available now
- Rifts® Coalition Wars® Book Two: Coalition Overkill – BACK IN PRINT – Available now
- Rifts® World Book 23: Xiticix Invasion™ – BACK IN PRINT – Available now
August 2011 Releases
- Rifts® World Book 1: Vampire Kingdoms™, New Revised Edition – New – Available now
September 2011 Releases
October 2011 Releases
- The Rifter® #56 – New
- Rifts® Vampires Sourcebook™ – New – in production
- Robotech® New Generation™ Sourcebook – New – in production
- Dead Reign™ Sourcebook Three – New
- Another new title may be added or substituted
November 2011 Releases
In the Pipeline
- Robotech® UEEF Marines and other Robotech® sourcebooks.
- Rifts® sourcebooks
- Rifts® Chaos Earth™ sourcebooks
- Palladium Fantasy®: Mysteries of Magic™ Two & Three
- Palladium Fantasy® other sourcebooks
- Warpath™ Urban Jungle RPG
- And other good stuff. Lots of other good stuff!
Recently Back in Print
Palladium Fantasy Role-Playing Game®
- 336 pages – $26.95 retail – Cat. No. 450.
Rifts® World Book 20: Rifts® Canada™
- 192 pages – $24.95 retail – Cat. No. 835.
Rifts® Dark Conversions™
- 192 pages – $24.95 retail – Cat. No. 852.
Rifts® Game Master Guide
- 352 pages – $26.95 retail – Cat. No. 845.
Rifts® Bionics Sourcebook™
- 112 pages – $16.95 retail – Cat. No. 850.
Rifts® World Book Five: Triax & the NGR™
- 224 pages – $24.95 retail – Cat. No. 810.
Rifts® World Book 8: Rifts® Japan™
- 216 pages – $24.95 retail – Cat. No. 818.
Rifts® World Book 13: Lone Star™
- 176 pages – $20.95 retail – Cat. No. 825.
Rifts® World Book 24: Rifts® China One
- 160 pages – $20.95 retail – Cat. No. 857.
Rifts® Dimension Book 7: Megaverse® Builder
- 96 pages – $16.95 retail – Cat. No. 859.
Aliens Unlimited™ – For Heroes Unlimited™
- 208 pages – $24.95 retail – Cat. No. 515.
Rifts® Dimension Book™ 6: Three Galaxies™
- 160 pages – $20.95 retail – Cat. No. 851.
Rifts® Adventure Sourcebook: The Black Vault™
- 48 pages – $9.95 retail – Cat. No. 855.
- 160 pages – $20.95 retail – Cat. No. 813.
Rifts® Book of Magic™
- 352 pages – $26.95 retail – Cat. No. 848.
Rifts® World Book 23: Rifts® Free Quebec™
- 160 pages – $20.95 retail – Cat. No. 837.
New Books in Development
(listed in alphabetical order):
Beyond the Supernatural™: Arcanum
Beyond the Supernatural™: Tome Grotesque
Beyond the Supernatural™ Sourcebook
Chaos Earth™ First Responders
Chaos Earth™ – Zombie Apocalyse Rifts-style during the Great Cataclysm.
Heroes Unlimited™ – Had two people who were supposed to be working on a pair of books, but they disappeared on me, so we are looking for folks to write a couple HU2 sourcebooks.
Nightbane® – An as of yet untitled project, and looking for more.
Palladium Fantasy® – Mysteries of Magic 2 & 3
Palladium Fantasy® – Tombs of Gersidi expanded and new.
Plus I have a few ideas on this front myself to revitalize this line.
Phase World®: United Worlds of Warlock™
Phase World®: Pirates of the Three Galaxies™
Rifts® Black Market
Rifts® China Three
Rifts® Deep South
Rifts® New Navy™
Rifts® Northern Gun™ – may be a series of books.
Rifts® Titan Industries™
Rifts® Vampires Sourcebook™
Robotech® Genesis Pits™ adventure sourcebook.
Robotech® UEEF Marines™
Splicers® Sourcebook One – concepts and art by Charles Walton.
Splicers® Sourcebook Two – concepts and art by Charles Walton.
All of the above are being written right now. A few are already finished. Most will be 2012 releases. And this does not include projects I would like to do for Palladium Fantasy®, Dead Reign™, Warpath™: Urban Jungle and new mediums.
The Queen of Ghouls: Life-Sized Halloween Props
The Queen of Ghouls – Palladium’s very own Kathy Simmons – is locked in her dungeon, devising new ghouls for the coming Halloween season. Go to queenofghouls.com to see her current selection of life-sized Halloween props. See her zombie doctor and other new zombies, Jack Skellington and Sally, and more. New creations are on the drawing board, and so is a new website. Each Halloween prop is truly life-sized (most are 6 feet or taller – Jack is almost 8 feet) and seems almost alive.
Each is an all-weather, life-sized Halloween prop that can handle rain and snow, and is a one-of-a-kind work of art (no two are exactly the same). Each looks frighteningly “real.” All come apart and fold down to slightly larger than a king-size pillow for easy storage. Comes with easy instructions, a plastic storage bag, and the lawn stake to stand it up in your front yard. Indoor stand sold separately.
Types of “Ghouls” include: Zombies (all kinds!), killer clowns, wizards, witches, devils, grave ghouls, scarecrows, executioners, mad doctors, deadly nurses, vampires, werewolves, and more. Kathy’s also now offering an array of hand-painted Halloween signs, signs with heads and bodies hanging from them, witch’s brewing pots, Halloween centerpieces and more. Best of all, her high quality creations are much more affordable and imaginative than most competitors or mass produced items in a store, making them affordable Halloween fun.
If you think the photos online look good, you should see them in person. A typical “ghoul,” as she calls her creations, costs $129-$259. You can see some of her work at her Queen of Ghouls™ Ebay store – queenofghouls.com.
Conventions & Events
Palladium to attend Detroit FanFare, September 24 & 25
We’ve gotten confirmation of our end cap and are looking forward to seeing gamers and comic fans from Michigan, Ohio and the surrounding area come on down. The event is the Detroit FanFare, September 24 & 25 at Cobo Hall, downtown Detroit.
One of the guests is Kevin Eastman – co-creator of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles®. So this fun comic book and media convention will be a great chance to get your Ninja Turtles® game books (and comics) signed by one of the creators. Other guests include fan boy favorite actor, Bruce Campbell, and dozens and dozens of comic book guests. Palladium fans may be interested to know Dave Dorman (Palladium cover artist), Tim Bradstreet, and pal, Defiler and Palladium contributor of old, William Messner Loebs will also be attending, among many other guests. I’ll keep you posted as we firm up the details.
Click here for more information about Detroit FanFare.
Alliance Trade Show, October in Fort Wayne, Indiana
This is a trade show for retailers, but many hard working store owners and their employees are gamers and Palladium fans. I invite you to bring books for us to sign for your own collections and/or to put in your store as an extra selling feature. We’re happy to do it. I, Kevin Siembieda, and Wayne Smith will be present at the event. Also, please drop by to chat and get the latest news and developments at Palladium.
Gen Con Indy 2012
1. Palladium Books will be at Gen Con Indy 2012.
2. We need Game Masters to run Palladium game events. We want Palladium Books to be a much bigger part of the gaming experience at Gen Con Indy in 2012. Toward that end, we’re hoping a number of Game Masters will step forward and run “official” gaming events at Gen Con. To do that we need your help.
Let us know if you are planning to run at Gen Con Indy 2012, but most importantly, YOU NEED to contact Gen Con directly and fill out whatever Event Submission form/application and send it in to them BEFORE THE JANUARY DEADLINE. This can all be done online.
Note: Though there are different “rounds” and deadlines for submitting events, it is our experience that submitting in time for the very first deadline is the only way to sure-fire guarantee the event will to be included. So please, let’s plan now and get our events entered in the first round, mid-January 2012. Megaversal Ambassadors, please be a vocal and visible part of getting people to run Palladium gaming events for Gen Con Indy 2012. Any and all game settings (Rifts®, Heroes Unlimited, Palladium Fantasy®, Robotech®, Dead Reign™, Nightbane®, Splicers®, Robotech®, BTS, and all the rest) are welcomed. Let’s make the halls of Gen Con Indy 2012 ring with Palladium gaming.
2012 Palladium Open House – May 4-6, 2012
The Palladium Open House is three days (four with VIP night) of non-stop role-playing gaming, a chance to meet and hang with the Palladium staff, artists and writers, participate in panel talks, get autographs, and have a blast. Game with the people who make the games at the very place they are designed. YOU are part of Palladium’s extended family, and we invite YOU into our home to join us for gaming, fun and more. The Palladium Open House has a fun, family feel and is three days (four with VIP night) of games, fun and opportunity for making wonderful memories that will last a lifetime.
● 90+ Gaming Events:
- Chaos Earth™
- Heroes Unlimited™
- Ninjas & Superspies™
- Phase World®/Three Galaxies™
- Dead Reign™
- After the Bomb®
- Palladium Fantasy RPG®
- Beyond the Supernatural™
- and more . . .
● 40+ Palladium creators under one roof.
● Game with the people who make the games you love, like Kevin Siembieda, Julius Rosenstein, Carl Gleba, and other Palladium creators.
● Enter the Costume Contest and you might win a cool award and prize.
● Enjoy panel talks that are fun and insightful.
● Get autographs and chat with creators.
● Have the time of your life.
● What other game company invites you to game with them at their place?
● We are hosting this event because YOU demanded it. So come on over and join the fun.
Place your order today.
We recommend you RESERVE your hotel now. Your credit card is not charged until the event, but reserving your room early gives you peace of mind and helps Palladium so we can block more rooms if we need them. If necessary, you can cancel your room up to a few weeks before the event.
This may be our last Open House. Having sufficient parking is becoming an issue. While we should be okay for the 2012 POH, the parking situation is likely to prevent future events. So don’t miss out.
V.I.P. Thursday (May 3, 2012). Available now. YOU are the VIP. You get in an afternoon early (doors open at 3:00 PM – catered dinner at 5:30 PM) and are the first to play in special game events, participate in special panel talks, purchase items, and enjoy a dinner catered by Kathy Simmons (and those who have been to past VIP nights know how awesome that is). Reserve your place today.
Weekend Admission is Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Reserve your place today. Placing your order early helps us on many levels, and tells us how many people to expect and how many hotel rooms to reserve.
Individual Day Admission might work better for you. If you can only make it one day, that’s okay with us. Come on down.
Hotel is the location you love at the same 2009 rates ($69.95 a night). The hotel does not charge your card until a day before the event, so reserve NOW. We are concerned they might run out of rooms at our special price, so reserve your room as soon as possible. Based on the economy, the hotel has not reserved the entire hotel for us as they have in the past. Book your room fast so you know you have a place to stay. The hotel now offers free hot breakfasts and we will have two conference rooms for late night gaming and additional open gaming.
Plan to enter the Costume Contest. Winners get a nice plaque and real prizes. Rifts/sci-fi, fantasy, modern (includes horror) and best of show are the categories.
Click here for more details and to reserve your tickets.
Game Masters wanted for 2012 Palladium Open House (POH). The sooner you notify us that you are running “official” POH games and how many games/time slots, the better. We want to get our gaming schedule up and posted online early this time. We typically need 90+ gaming events. That means we need you. FYI: You can run the same game more than once, I do.
Palladium is in need of Game Masters to run events at the 2012 Palladium Open House. G.M.s who run three or more events get a special discount on product and a gift (typically a T-shirt, but maybe something different this year). Palladium NEEDS your commitment to run and a description of the games no later than January 29, 2012 – SOONER IS BETTER. Our thanks to those of you who have already committed to run. Please let us know what you want to run. Julius Rosenstein already has 7 events scheduled. Be like Julius and let us know as soon as possible. Thank you.
© Copyright 2011 Palladium Books Inc. All rights reserved.
Rifts®, The Rifter®, RECON®, Splicers®, Palladium Books®, The Palladium Fantasy Role-Playing Game®, Phase World®, Nightbane®, Megaverse®, The Mechanoids®, The Mechanoid Invasion®, Coalition Wars® and After the Bomb® are Registered Trademarks of Palladium Books Inc. Beyond the Supernatural™, Chaos Earth, Coalition States, Dead Reign, Heroes Unlimited, Ninjas & Superspies, Minion War, Mysteries of Magic, SAMAS, Thundercloud Galaxy, Three Galaxies, Vampire Kingdoms, Warpath, and other published book titles, names, slogans and likenesses are trademarks of Palladium Books Inc., and Kevin Siembieda.
Robotech® and Robotech® The Shadow Chronicles® are Registered Trademarks of Harmony Gold USA, Inc.
This press release may be reprinted, reposted, linked and shared for the sole purpose of advertising, promotion and sales solicitation.