Palladium Books® Weekly Update – August 18, 2011
By Kevin Siembieda
We’re still basking in the afterglow of Gen Con Indy 2011. I think one of my personal highlights at Gen Con this year (and there were many) was accidentally overhearing a gamer tell his buddy that I was a cool guy and the only game designer cooler than Kevin Siembieda was Gary Gygax. Wow. What a tremendous compliment. Made me blush.
We feel like we’re on a roll at Palladium. If sales would go up and stay up we’d be really rockin’ n’ rolling, but I guess you can’t have everything.
We’ve been contacted by a few new (and old) artists looking to do work for Palladium. A number of freelance writers are busy finishing up their projects, and the creative energy at Palladium is electric.
Alex seems to be doing much better and is in good spirits.
Matthew Clements is a dynamo. He finished his work on Rifts® Vampires Sourcebook so we’re that much closer to completion on it than we were. Now he’s working on Rifts® Black Market™ and making notes for Rifts® Northern Gun™ as well as pitching other projects.
Wayne Smith is working on a number of projects and getting things in place for various upcoming ones as well as behind the scenes operations. This includes getting a new, updated catalog together and providing services and materials to help support the Megaversal Ambassador program.
Who are the Megaversal Ambassadors? Game Masters who love Palladium’s RPGs and who volunteer to run Palladium gaming events at local conventions, stores and special events in a grass roots effort to introduce new gamers to Palladium Books. The Megaversal Ambassadors was started by Zachary Houghton (who has recently returned with renewed energy and ideas to expand the program), and has been spearheaded these past few years by James Brown. We love the idea and encourage those of you who love to run games to contact the people running this volunteer force of super-gamers and spread the Palladium RPG experience. Carl Gleba has created some valuable Game Mastering aids and tools that we will be making available to our Ambassadors, and we will continue to support this excellent idea. Zach, we are thrilled you are involved with the MA again and working to make the Megaversal Ambassadors a bigger and better organized group of Palladium front-line movers and shakers. You all have my appreciation and support.
Speaking of Game Masters and the Megaversal Ambassadors, since MAs play such a big role with running games, demos and spreading the joy of Palladium role-playing, we need your help at the Palladium Open House and Gen Con Indy 2012 running gaming events at both. Plus, we may be attending PAX in Boston next year and may need a few G.M.s to run demos at that event as well. Volunteer Game Masters for the Palladium Open can contact Wayne Smith at Palladium directly or organize through the Megaversal Ambassadors. For Gen Con we should probably coordinate via the Megaversal Ambassadors. Here’s the catch with Gen Con in particular, we need to make our plans NOW, because game events must be submitted by early January for Gen Con 2012 to be part of the “official” games program. Let’s make these events epic.
I spent most of last week (the week after Gen Con) catching up on business matters. This week I began editing, additions and writing on the Robotech® New Generation™ sourcebook and Rifts® Vampires Sourcebook, as well as coordinating final production of Rifts® Lemuria and other projects. I spoke with a number of freelancers (Mark Dudley, Chuck Walton, Irvin Jackson, and several others), held meetings with the Palladium crew, as well as a fun chat with a fan who dropped by and numerous emails. I want to get the next several books out and to the printer, pronto. I plan to get Robotech® New Generation material into the hands of Harmony Gold for their review and approval starting next week, then I focus entirely on Rifts® Lemuria and the Vampires Sourcebook. All are going to be epic and I want Lemuria in your hands in September and the other two released no later than October. I also want a new Dead Reign sourcebook out in October and Rifts® Megaverse in Flames™, Chaos Earth™: First Responders and another Robotech® sourcebook out no later than December. We are fired up!
UPDATE: Online sales dropped right after I announced they had skyrocketed in the last Weekly Update, so I guessed I jinxed us by announcing good news. They aren’t awful but they are not stellar either. I suspect we’ll see sales move back up as positive word spreads about Rifts® Vampire Kingdoms™, and we’re getting a ton of excited and positive feedback from people about VK.
UPDATE: Rifts® Lemuria. Chuck Walton should be turning in his artwork in tomorrow and I expect to go into final rewrites and editing next week. This is another outstanding book that should surprise and inspire gamers. I am looking at a September release for this sourcebook.
UPDATE: Rifts® Vampire Kingdoms™. The verdict is in. This rewrite is as good as or better than the original. Gamers are loving it and can hardly wait for the Rifts® Vampires Sourcebook. Order your copy of Vampire Kingdoms™ today and pre-order Vampires Sourcebook. Don’t forget about related titles like Rifts® New West™, Spirit West™, Arzno™ and D-Bees of North America™.
UPDATE: Rifts® Vampires Sourcebook. As mentioned earlier, Matthew Clements has finished his work on the sourcebook, leaving me to finish it up and send it to the printer – which should be in a few weeks. Both Rifts® Vampires Sourcebook™ and Rifts® Lemuria are nearing completion. Rifts® Vampires Sourcebook will be a 128 page book that includes Fort Reid, more Reid’s Rangers, Techno-Wizard weapons, the Yucatan, the Mayan god Camazotz, Werebeasts, desert survival and more. I am looking at a September release for this sourcebook, but it might slip into October if work on Lemuria goes longer than I think it will.
Watch for Sneak Previews of Rifts® Vampires Sourcebook™ and Lemuria as FREE PDFs from DriveThruRPG.com in the weeks to come. The Rifts® Vampire Kingdoms™ Sneak Preview is available now. Sneak Previews of Armageddon Unlimited™ and Rifts® Thundercloud Galaxy™ are also available. To get any of the free PDF downloads, go to DriveThruRPG.com. It is easy to create a free account and only takes a couple of minutes. DriveThruRPG.com is a good resource for getting the Hades & Dyval Map Pack, The Rifter® Number Zero, The Rifter® #1-48 and to fill in your RPG library with first edition copies of Rifts®, Palladium Fantasy®, Heroes Unlimited™, and other game lines, as well as books such as Nightbane® Book Four: Shadows of Light™ and both versions of the The Mechanoids® RPG (1985) and The Collected Mechanoid Invasion® Trilogy (1981-1983).
UPDATE: Robotech® New Generation™ Sourcebook. I’ve been working on it off and on all week. I am loving Irvin Jackson’s work on this book – he outdid himself on the manuscript. I hope Harmony Gold likes it as much as we do, and gives us quick approval. Robotech® New Generation goes into never explored realms as the setting makes ALL mecha and O.C.C.s from all eras of Robotech® available to player characters. Plus mecha-chimeras – amalgamations of robots, combat vehicles and weapons – in an epic setting of survival and heroism. Join the fight to free Earth from the tyranny of the Invid. We are working on releasing another Robotech® Sourcebook by December and another in February 2012. More on them in a few weeks.
UPDATE: Back in Print: Just a reminder that the following books are back in print and available now.
- Rifts® World Book 23: Xiticix Invasion™
- Rifts® Coalition Wars® Book 1: Sedition™
- Rifts® Coalition Wars® Book 2: Coalition Overkill™
Note: All six books in the Coalition Wars/Siege on Tolkeen series are in print.
The following titles are also recently back in print and ready to ship:
- Rifts® Free Quebec™
- Rifts® Book of Magic
- Rifts® World Book 8: Rifts® Japan™
- Rifts® World Book 13: Lone Star™
- Rifts® Dimension Book™ 6: Three Galaxies™
Halloween Store – QueenofGhouls.com – Halloween is only 74 days away, so Kathy Simmons will be kicking things into high-gear to create a wide range of new life-sized Halloween props that include killer clowns, mad doctors, zombies, witches, wizards, executioners, werewolves and monsters. You should see the Store Santa Zombie in the queenofghouls.com store right now, it’s sweet. The Queen of Ghouls is something of a fun extension of Palladium Books because Kathy is a beloved staff member and I help her paint and tatter clothing for many of these unique Halloween decorations. If you are looking for a standout Halloween item for your front lawn, one of these will do the trick. And they look sooo much better than the photos. WARNING: Once you see one of Kathy’s ghouls in person and get rants and raves from everyone who visits your home on Halloween, you may find yourself buying a new one every year.
Kathy has recently sold a couple of zombies, a scarecrow and a Christmas figure. Check out her Halloween store at QueenofGhouls.com. Her creations are durable and can be used year after year. Gamers have loved the ones we’ve had at the Palladium Open House and Gen Con – they are truly awesome. Halloween is just around the corner.
Palladium to attend Detroit FanFare, September 24 & 25. We’ve gotten confirmation of our end cap and are looking forward to seeing gamers and comic fans from Michigan, Ohio and the surrounding area to come on down. The event is the Detroit FanFare, September 24 & 25 at Cobo Hall, downtown Detroit.
One of the guests is Kevin Eastman – co-creator of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles®. So this fun comic book and media convention will be a great chance to get your Ninja Turtles® game books (and comics) signed by one of the creators. Other guests include fan boy favorite actor, Bruce Campbell, and dozens and dozens of comic book guests. Palladium fans may be interested to know Dave Dorman (Palladium cover artist), Tim Bradstreet, and pal, Defiler and Palladium contributor of old, William Messner Loebs will also be attending, among many other guests. I’ll keep you posted as we firm up the details.
Click here for more information about Detroit FanFare.
Alliance Trade Show, October in Fort Wayne, Indiana. This is a trade show for retailers, but many hard working store owners and their employees are gamers and Palladium fans. I invite you to bring books for us to sign for your own collections and/or to put in your store as an extra selling feature. We’re happy to do it. I, Kevin Siembieda, and Wayne Smith will be present at the event. Also, please drop by to chat and get the latest news and developments at Palladium.
UPDATE: 2012 Palladium Open House (POH). We’ve been talking among ourselves, and if this could be the last Open House (due to lack of parking), we are looking to make it truly memorable. Spread the word and join the fun. Make memories you’ll cherish always.
The Palladium Open House is nonstop fun and gaming with the very people who make the games at the very place they are designed. You are part of our extended family and we invite YOU into our home to game, chat, and meet dozens of Palladium creators. The surroundings are intimate and friendly. I think there are only a few VIP Night admissions currently available, but we will “re-offer” twenty or so again in February 2012. I’m happy to report that POH orders come in every week. Make sure you are one of the folks attending. RESERVE your hotel now! It guarantees your room, helps Palladium so we can block more rooms if we need them, and the hotel does not charge your credit card until the actual event. We have gamers coming from across the USA, Canada, England and Germany! Join the fun.
Game Masters wanted for 2012 Palladium Open House. We are always looking for quality Game Masters to run events at the Open House. G.M.s who run three or more events get a special discount on product and a gift (typically a T-shirt, but maybe something different this year). Palladium NEEDS your commitment to run and a description of the games no later than January 29, 2012 – SOONER IS BETTER. Our thanks to those of you who have already committed to run. Please let us know what you want to run. Julius Rosenstein already has 7 events scheduled. Be like Julius and let us know as soon as possible. Thank you.
Game Masters wanted for Gen Con 2012. People often ask why there are not more “official” Palladium game events at Gen Con. Well, for one, most Game Masters willing to run at Gen Con do NOT seem to realize we need to commit and submit the game descriptions by early January 2012.
So if you want to run Palladium events at Gen Con Indy (and many G.M.s have told us they do) we NEED to submit our games by early January, 2012. Here’s a link to the form and time table.
Snapshots of Gen Con 2011. Wayne will be posting a bunch of our Gen Con Indy photos for your enjoyment. I wish I had taken more pics, but we were so busy most of the time I didn’t get a chance.
I’m sure there’s more to talk about, but that’s it for now. Keep those imaginations burning bright.
– Kevin Siembieda, Publisher
NEW! Rifts® World Book One:
Vampire Kingdoms™, New Revised Edition
– Available now
Rifts® Vampire Kingdoms™ is in our warehouse waiting for your order. Initial feedback has been overwhelmingly positive. Order yours today. (Should be in stores any day now.)
For centuries, Mexico has been considered the realm of monsters best left alone. A land dominated by packs of Wild Vampires and rumored to be home of Vampire Kingdoms in the south. Most of the northern civilizations have stayed away, but over the last 20 years, a growing number of heroes, vampire slayers and adventurers have been waging something of a secret war against the undead. As that battle escalates, stories of heroes, vampires and entire human populations enslaved by the undead or penned, raised and slaughtered like cattle, are starting to leak out. Come see for yourself if the rumors are true and join the battle for humanity in Mexico.
- Vampire Hunter O.C.C.s, all new.
- Vampires: Their strengths, weaknesses and powers.
- Vampire strategies and plans for conquest.
- Vampire minions, henchmen and protectors, all new.
- Rifts vampires, how they think, behave, fight and kill.
- Different types of vampires, their Master, and the Vampire Intelligence (the deific creator of the undead).
- Hero Vampire and Deluded Vampire R.C.C.s as player characters.
- 40+ vampire abilities, vampire weaknesses and combat notes.
- Vampire combat and the weapons and techniques of vampire slayers.
- Who can be turned into vampires and who cannot.
- Chupacabras and other monsters and riding animals.
- Reid’s Ranger O.C.C. and the observations of Doc Reid, all new.
- Vampire fighting weapons, silver bullets, wooden stakes and more.
- The city-states of El Paso and Ciudad Juarez described. Updated and expanded.
- Town creation tables and rules. All new.
- Vampire ruled towns and the hold they have over them. All new.
- Wild Vampires and the secret behind their presence in northern Mexico.
- Overviews of the Vampire Kingdoms, with expanded material on vampire society, hierarchy, their psychology, behavior, human cattle and servants, vampire dominion over the villages and towns of Northern Mexico and much more.
- The presence of Archie Three, Lemurians and the Splugorth.
- Ideas for adventure throughout.
- Updated and revised to 109 P.A.
- Cover by E.M. Gist.
- New artwork by Mike Wilson, Mike Mumah, Nick Bradshaw and Kent Burles, plus the best of Kevin Long and Tim Truman from the original book.
- Written by Kevin Siembieda. Additional text and ideas by Matthew Clements and Braden Campbell.
- 224 pages – $24.95 retail – Cat. No. 802-E. Available now. Order yours today.
NEW! The Rifter® #55
– Available now
The Rifter® is your doorway to unlimited imagination and numerous Palladium role-playing worlds. It offers new heroes, powers, weapons, magic and adventure for your games. It presents new villains, monsters and dangers to battle, and new ideas to consider.
The Rifter® #55 is packed with adventure and game ideas for your campaigns.
- Rifts® Vampire Kingdoms®: Sneak preview by Kevin Siembieda.
- Palladium Fantasy RPG®: Source material that expands upon the Quorians, by Travis Guerrero.
- Palladium Fantasy RPG®: Ancestral Mystic™ who derives special abilities from his ancestors. By Paul Herbert.
- Nightbane®: Dark Day™ Chronicles, Volume Three, a short story and character stats by Jeremy Hutchins.
- Rifts®: The original Triax O.C.C.s updated by Brandon Aten.
- Rifts® Thundercloud Galaxy™: More on the CCW by Braden Campbell.
- Rifts®: Black Crusade™ Two: Info on the Methodeans, their syndicates and secret organizations, history and adventure ideas.
- News and coming attractions.
- Fiction and more.
- Cover by R.C. Aradio.
- $11.95 retail – 96 pages – Cat. No. 155. Available now.
NEW! Rifts® World Book: Lemuria™
– Ships September, 2011
The power, secrets and magic of the underwater realm of Lemuria revealed. Player characters can use symbiotes, magic and technology to breathe underwater and spend time below the waves.
Lemuria is more than an underwater civilization of aquatic beings. They can trace their lineage as far back as the Atlanteans and can survive on dry land as well as underwater. In fact, their greatest secret is that there is no one resting place for the Lemurians, their great cities are always moving. Learn about the people of Lemuria, new Biomancy magic and weapons, Biomancy engineered riding animals, sea herbs, new powers of healing, sea monsters, and more. Epic adventure awaits.
- The Lemurians, their race, history and society.
- New O.C.C.s including the Serpent Hunter, Shriekers, Oceanic Guardsman, Aquatic Biomancer and others.
- The Stone Guardians of Easter Island and other mysteries.
- Biomancer Gardens and Aquatic Biomancy.
- Biomancy armor, weapons and equipment.
- Symbiotic creatures and constructs; some that enable air-breathers to survive underwater, indefinitely.
- New psionic abilities.
- Sea Serpents, Sea Dragons, monsters, and riding animals.
- New dangers, new challenges, adventure ideas and more.
- Written by Greg Diaczyk.
- Cover by John Zeleznik.
- 160 pages – $20.95 retail – Cat. No. 885. Final page count and price may be subject to expansion and increase. September release.
NEW! Rifts® Vampires Sourcebook™
The Rifts® Vampires Sourcebook™ will expand upon old material from the original Vampire Kingdoms World Book as well as much completely new material. Trouble is stirring in the Vampire Kingdoms as ambitious vampire lords, ladies and misanthropes seek to expand their power to dominate more mortal life forms. This sourcebook will be every bit as exciting and packed with cool stuff as Rifts® Vampire Kingdoms™.
- Vampires of the Yucatan, the dark god Camazotz and more.
- Vampires and Werebeasts of the Yucatan.
- Expanded overview of the Yucatan.
- Doc Reid and key Rangers, plus Fort Reid described.
- Magic based Vampire Hunters and human strongholds.
- Techno-Wizard weapons and gear. Plus more non-TW vehicles and gear.
- Vampire Hunter “exterminators.” Mortal assassins who serve the vampires by hunting and destroying Vampire Hunters and other enemies of the Vampire Kingdoms.
- New info about the Vampire Kingdoms, adventure ideas and more.
- Cover by Michael C. Hayes. Interior art by various artists.
- Written by Kevin Siembieda, Braden Campbell and Matthew Clements.
- 128 pages – $16.95 retail – Cat. No. 884. September release.
NEW! Robotech® New Generation™ Sourcebook
This Robotech® sourcebook will be a 2011 release.
- Rules for using mecha, power armor and technology from all four eras of Robotech.
- Kit-bashed mecha and rules for jury-rigging and combining parts from different generations of mecha.
- Freedom Fighter O.C.C.s and resistance organizations.
- Rogues and misfits from the three Robotech Wars.
- New weapons, vehicles, mecha and more.
- Villains, traitors, bandits, Invid henchmen, adventure and adventure ideas galore.
- Written by Kevin Siembieda and Irvin Jackson.
- Cover by Apollo Okamura.
- A “manga” size sourcebook.
- 192-256 pages – $16.95 retail – Cat. No. 554. Final page count and price may be subject to change. September 2011 release.
Note: With any luck, there will be a companion Robotech® sourcebook released by the end of the year.
NEW! Rifts® Megaverse® in Flames™
The Minion War spills across Rifts Earth, where demons and infernals hope to recruit allies and use the Rifts as gateways of destruction. Their influence shakes things up across the planet, especially at locations where demons and Deevils already have a strong presence. More details to follow, but for now, ‘nuff said.
- Soulmancer and Blood Magic.
- The Seven Deadly Plagues.
- The Demon Plagues across the globe.
- Battleground: Earth – as demons and infernals amass their legions.
- Rifts Calgary – also known as Hell’s Pit; the kingdom described.
- Ciudad de Diablo, Harpies’ Island and other notable Hell holes on Earth.
- Lord Doom, Pain and other demonic leaders.
- Horune treachery, Dimension Stormers and other villains.
- Global chaos and the places most dramatically affected by the Demon Plagues.
- Notable demonic generals, mercenaries, people and places.
- Many adventure ideas.
- Written by Carl Gleba.
- 192 pages – $24.95 retail – Cat. No. 876. October release.
NEW! Rifts® Chaos Earth™ Sourcebook: First Responders
Data about the chaos and madness of the early days of the Great Cataclysm, and the brave men and women who tried to stem the tide of destruction and save lives, the First Responders.
- Apocalypse Plagues: Strange diseases, symbiotes and mutations that transform, torment, harm and kill Earth's survivors.
- First Responder O.C.C.s, skills and special equipment.
- Civilian O.C.C.s, skills and orientation.
- Notable rescue vehicles, robot drones, and technology.
- New weapons, vehicles, mecha and more.
- Character modification and enhancement rules.
- Creatures from the Rifts and adventure ideas galore.
- Written by Jason Richards & Kevin Siembieda.
- 96 to 128 pages – $16.95 retail – Cat. No. 665. Coming in 2011.
BACK IN PRINT
Rifts® World Book 23: Xiticix Invasion™
Earth is home to thousands of alien species from beyond the Rifts, but one of the strangest and most dangerous is the Xiticix. A danger nobody seemed to realize until the sprawling Hivelands began to encroach on the territories of other people. Armed with new breeds of aggressive warriors, new weapons and legions of insectoids willing to fight to the death, people are beginning to wonder if they are the next threat to humanity.
- 9 different types of Xiticix, their hierarchy and society.
- Xiticix Hive Cities, defenses and plans for expansion.
- Xiticix powers, abilities and weapons.
- Psi-Stalker Tribes fighting the Xiticix. The Psi-Stalker R.C.C. revisited.
- Heroes and Hardcases: groups and 15 Non-Player Characters.
- Plots against the alien invaders by the Coalition States, Lazlo and others.
- Fort Barron of the Coalition Army, mapped and described.
- Adventures, maps and many adventure ideas.
- Written by Kevin Siembieda and Wayne Breaux Jr.
- 160 pages – $20.95 retail – Cat. No. 838. Available now. Order yours today.
BACK IN PRINT
The “complete” Coalition Wars® Siege on Tolkeen™ Series
Magic vs Technology. All-out war between the Coalition and the Magic Kingdom of Tolkeen. Even if you don’t play the war, the series offers fantastic source material: magic artifacts, Spells of Legend, Techno-Wizard war machines, maps, cities, towns, monsters and scores of NPCs you can drop into any campaign. All six titles are in print.
The Books in the Siege on Tolkeen Series: All are available now.
- Book 1: Sedition – New spells, TW weapons, Iron Juggernauts & more.
- Book 2: Coalition Overkill – Daemonix, Coalition Forces, NPCs, adventure & more.
- Book 3: Sorcerers’ Revenge – Shadow Dragons, more Iron Juggernauts, 25 NPCs & more.
- Book 4: Cyber-Knights – In-depth look at the Knights, sub-classes like Crusaders, Rogues & more.
- Book 5: Shadows of Evil – People, places, NPCs, defenses & more.
- Book 6: Final Siege – Tolkeen mapped, 42 NPCs, TW weapons, dragons, monsters, adventures & more.
- Series written by Kevin Siembieda and Bill Coffin.
BACK IN PRINT
Coalition Wars® One: Sedition
The Coalition Army is in place and waging war on Tolkeen, a Kingdom of Magic. This sourcebook lays the groundwork for an epic conflict and ongoing campaign. If you don’t want to play out the war, it provides all kinds of valuable stand-alone source material, magic items, magic spells, magic weapons, TW Iron Juggernauts, monsters, villains and adventure ideas.
- Magic vs Technology: Coalition anti-magic devices and tactics.
- 70+ Techno-Wizard weapons and devices.
- 10 Spells of Legend, 6 fabled magic artifacts, 11 maps.
- Techno-Wizard Iron Juggernauts – giant robot-like war machines powered by magic.
- Techno-Wizard vehicle construction rules plus 12 specific types of vehicles.
- Tolkeen’s war plans and strategies, plus a Tolkeen time-line of events leading to war.
- Tolkeen combat formations and monster allies.
- Notable places like the Great Skelebot Graveyard, City of Solomon, Camp Fatale, and others.
- Ley Line Magic, key people and more.
- Written by Kevin Siembieda and Bill Coffin.
- 160 pages – $20.95 retail – Cat. No. 839. Available now. Order yours today.
BACK IN PRINT
Coalition Wars® Two: Coalition Overkill™
The war escalates on both sides. A new breed of Coalition officers begin to come to the forefront, and with them cruelty, murder and genocide. The Coalition Army is ruthless, but Tolkeen has a few tricks up its sleeve, like an alliance with a race of ancient demons known as the Daemonix.
- Introducing the Daemonix demons.
- 40+ NPCs, Coalition combat squads and operations.
- Coalition Flying Leviathan Stratocarrier.
- Tolkeen strategies and tactics.
- The Coalition’s campaign of revenge.
- Bounty Hunters, mercenaries, adventure ideas and more.
- Written by Kevin Siembieda and Bill Coffin.
- 112 pages – $16.95 retail – Cat. No. 840. Available now. Order yours today.
Rifts® Book of Magic
– Back in Print – Available Now
This is the ultimate guide to magic on Rifts Earth. All the magic spells, magic tattoos, Techno-Wizard items, magic weapons, equipment, body armor, restraints, parasites, symbiotes, magic items, Automatons, Iron Juggernauts, and more from Rifts® World Books 1-23, Sourcebooks 1-4, and Siege on Tolkeen 1-6, collected into one big reference. This is a great reference book. Kevin and all of us at Palladium use it and the Rifts® Game Master Guide constantly.
- 850+ spells of great variety.
- 370+ magic items, weapons and devices.
- Elemental Magic, Temporal Magic, Ley Line Magic, Cloud Magic and Necromancy.
- Tattoo Magic, Nazca Line Magic, Nature Magic, Whalesongs and Ocean Magic, and more.
- Magic Songs, Chants, Biomancy, Magic Herbs, and Iron Juggernauts.
- Techno-Wizard weapons and devices, Rune Weapons, Millennium Tree wands and other magic items.
- Magic herbs, plants, components and symbiotes.
- Shamanistic magic, Fetishes, Talismans and more.
- Comprehensive index of Practitioners of Magic.
- Designer notes, comments, tips & hints for running magic characters.
- Written by Kevin Siembieda and others.
- 352 pages – $26.95 retail – Cat. No. 848. Available now.
Rifts® World Book 8: Rifts® Japan™
– Back in Print – Available now
This fan-favorite sourcebook is filled with high-tech wonders, magic and monsters. There are 20 O.C.C.s (Occupational Character Classes) that range from the traditional ninja and samurai to power armor, giant robots and cyborgs.
- 20 O.C.C.s including the Mystic Ninja, Ninja Cyborg, Ninja Juicer, Cyber-Samurai, Ninja Techno-Wizard, Japanese Demon Queller & more.
- 12 suits of power armor including Samurai SAMAS and Glitter Boys.
- 9 giant robots.
- Cyborgs of Japan, including Dragon Cyborgs and other bionics.
- Advanced weapons, melee weapons and other gear.
- Mystical powers and martial arts.
- Enchanted weapons and items including the Living Samurai Sword.
- 11 notable demons, goblins and dragons of Japan.
- Kyoto Millennium Tree, visions, wands and weapons.
- Overview of Japan, its people, magic and technology.
- Written by C.J. Carella.
- 216 pages – $24.95 retail – Cat. No. 818. Available now.
Rifts® World Book 13: Lone Star™
– Back in Print – Available now
The Coalition State of Lone Star is a wild and woolly place of contrast and conflict. The Coalition States claims the entire State of Texas as their own, but they only control a small corner of it. It is here, at the Lone Star Complex, that the CS engages in genetic engineering and creates the famous Dog Boys and a host of other mutants. The rest of the state is held by the Pecos Empire – an empire of bandits, outlaws and rebels. The perfect companion to Rifts® New West™, Rifts® Spirit West™ and Rifts® Machinations of Doom™.
- 19 R.C.C.s, many of which are mutants.
- A few new O.C.C.s.
- Dog Boys – an in-depth look at how they are designed, bred and trained.
- Dog Boy armor and CS weapons.
- CS Death Wing assault armor.
- Hover cycles of the Lone Star state.
- Notable characters in the region.
- Overview of Lone Star and the Pecos Empire.
- Overview of the Lone Star Complex and the mad doctor who runs it.
- A wealth of background material and adventure ideas.
- Written by Kevin Siembieda.
- 176 pages – $20.95 retail – Cat. No. 825. Available now.
PDF downloads from DriveThruRPG.com
This is a great resource for getting out of print Palladium titles and other select books. We’ve made 90 titles available as PDF digital downloads fromDriveThruRPG.com. This is a great way to try Palladium products and get access to out of print RPG source material. Some notable titles include.
- Splicers® RPG
- Beyond the Supernatural™ RPG, First Edition Rules.
- Boxed Nightmares™ for BTS, First Edition Rules.
- Nightbane® Book Four: Shadows of Light™.
- The Mechanoids® RPG and The Mechanoid Invasion® RPG Trilogy.
- Palladium Fantasy RPG®, First Edition Rules and select 1st Edition sourcebooks.
- After the Bomb® RPG and sourcebooks.
- The Rifter® issues 1-48.
- The Best of The Rifter®
- Deluxe Revised RECON® RPG and Advanced RECON® Sourcebook.
- And more – go to DriveThruRPG.com and check ‘em out.
2011 Palladium Releases
2011 New Releases & Back in Print
- Rifts® World Book 1: Vampire Kingdoms™ – New – Available now!
- Rifts® Dimension Book™ 14: Thundercloud Galaxy™ – New – Available now!
- Armageddon Unlimited™ – New – Available now!
- The Rifter® #53 – New – Available now!
- The Rifter® #54 – New – Available now!
- Aliens Unlimited™ – A Heroes Unlimited™ sourcebook – Back in print – Available now
- Rifts® World Book 20: Canada – Back in print – Available now
- Rifts® Dark Conversions™ – Back in print – Available now
- Palladium Fantasy RPG® – Back in print – Available now
- Rifts® Game Master Guide – Back in print – Available now
- Rifts® World Book 5: Triax & The NGR™ – Back in print – Available now
- Rifts® Bionics Sourcebook – Back in print – Available now
- Rifts® China One – Back in print – Available now
- Rifts® Megaverse® Builder – Back in print – Available now
- Rifts® Baseball Cap – Back in stock – Available now
- Rifts® Dimension Book™ 6: Three Galaxies™ – Back in print – Available now
- Rifts® Black Vault™ – Back in print – Available now
- Rifts® Mercenaries™ – Back in print – Available now
- Rifts® World Book 8: Rifts® Japan™ – Back in print – Available now
- Rifts® World Book 13: Lone Star™ – Back in print – Available now
- Rifts® Book of Magic – Back in print – Available now
June 2011 Releases
- Rifts® WB 23: Free Quebec™ – BACK IN PRINT – Available now
July 2011 Releases
- The Rifter® #55 – New – Available now
- Rifts® Coalition Wars® Book One: Sedition– BACK IN PRINT – Available now
- Rifts® Coalition Wars® Book Two: Coalition Overkill – BACK IN PRINT – Available now
- Rifts® World Book 23: Xiticix Invasion™ – BACK IN PRINT – Available now
August 2011 Releases
- Rifts® World Book 1: Vampire Kingdoms™, New Revised Edition – New – Available now
September 2011 Releases
- Rifts® World Book 32: Lemuria – New – in final production
- Rifts® Vampires Sourcebook™ – New – in production
- Robotech® New Generation™ Sourcebook – New – in production
- Heroes Unlimited™: Mutant Underground™ – coming back in print
- Rifts® Chaos Earth™: Rise of Magic – coming back in print
October 2011 Releases
- The Rifter® #56 – New
- Dead Reign™ Sourcebook Three – New
- Rifts® Megaverse® in Flames (Minion War™ crossover) – New
- Another new title may be added or substituted
November 2011 Releases
In the Pipeline
- Robotech® UEEF Marines and other Robotech® sourcebooks.
- Rifts® sourcebooks
- Rifts® Chaos Earth™ sourcebooks
- Palladium Fantasy®: Mysteries of Magic™ Two & Three
- Palladium Fantasy® other sourcebooks
- Warpath™ Urban Jungle RPG
- And other good stuff. Lots of other good stuff!
Recently Back in Print
Palladium Fantasy Role-Playing Game®
- 336 pages – $26.95 retail – Cat. No. 450.
Rifts® World Book 20: Rifts® Canada™
- 192 pages – $24.95 retail – Cat. No. 835.
Rifts® Dark Conversions™
- 192 pages – $24.95 retail – Cat. No. 852.
Rifts® Game Master Guide
- 352 pages – $26.95 retail – Cat. No. 845.
Rifts® Bionics Sourcebook™
- 112 pages – $16.95 retail – Cat. No. 850.
Rifts® World Book Five: Triax & the NGR™
- 224 pages – $24.95 retail – Cat. No. 810.
Rifts® World Book 8: Rifts® Japan™
- 216 pages – $24.95 retail – Cat. No. 818.
Rifts® World Book 13: Lone Star™
- 176 pages – $20.95 retail – Cat. No. 825.
Rifts® World Book 24: Rifts® China One
- 160 pages – $20.95 retail – Cat. No. 857.
Rifts® Dimension Book 7: Megaverse® Builder
- 96 pages – $16.95 retail – Cat. No. 859.
Aliens Unlimited™ – For Heroes Unlimited™
- 208 pages – $24.95 retail – Cat. No. 515.
Rifts® Dimension Book™ 6: Three Galaxies™
- 160 pages – $20.95 retail – Cat. No. 851.
Rifts® Adventure Sourcebook: The Black Vault™
- 48 pages – $9.95 retail – Cat. No. 855.
- 160 pages – $20.95 retail – Cat. No. 813.
Rifts® Book of Magic™
- 352 pages – $26.95 retail – Cat. No. 848.
Rifts® World Book 23: Rifts® Free Quebec™
- 160 pages – $20.95 retail – Cat. No. 837.
New Books in Development
(listed in alphabetical order):
Beyond the Supernatural™: Arcanum
Beyond the Supernatural™: Tome Grotesque
Beyond the Supernatural™ Sourcebook
Chaos Earth™ First Responders
Chaos Earth™ – Zombie Apocalyse Rifts-style during the Great Cataclysm.
Heroes Unlimited™ – Had two people who were supposed to be working on a pair of books, but they disappeared on me, so we are looking for folks to write a couple HU2 sourcebooks.
Nightbane® – An as of yet untitled project, and looking for more.
Palladium Fantasy® – Mysteries of Magic 2 & 3
Palladium Fantasy® – Tombs of Gersidi expanded and new.
Plus I have a few ideas on this front myself to revitalize this line.
Phase World®: United Worlds of Warlock™
Phase World®: Pirates of the Three Galaxies™
Rifts® Black Market
Rifts® China Three
Rifts® Deep South
Rifts® New Navy™
Rifts® Northern Gun™ – may be a series of books.
Rifts® Titan Industries™
Rifts® Vampires Sourcebook™
Robotech® Genesis Pits™ adventure sourcebook.
Robotech® UEEF Marines™
Splicers® Sourcebook One – concepts and art by Charles Walton.
Splicers® Sourcebook Two – concepts and art by Charles Walton.
All of the above are being written right now. A few are already finished. Most will be 2012 releases. And this does not include projects I would like to do for Palladium Fantasy®, Dead Reign™, Warpath™: Urban Jungle and new mediums.
2012 Palladium Open House – May 4-6, 2012
The Palladium Open House is like nothing you have ever attended. It has a fun, family feel and is three days (four with VIP night) of games, fun and wonderful memories. People talk about it for years, and this may be the last one ever.
● Meet 40+ Palladium creators available throughout the entire event.
● Game with half of the creators present.
● Get autographs from all Palladium creators.
● Have the time of your life.
● We are hosting this event because YOU begged us to do it. So come on over. I promise to make it as special as possible.
● Costume Contest with cool awards and meaty prizes.
● Panel talks that are fun and insightful.
● 90+ Gaming Events:
- Chaos Earth™
- Heroes Unlimited™
- Ninjas & Superspies™
- Phase World®/Three Galaxies™
- Dead Reign™
- After the Bomb®
- Palladium Fantasy RPG®
- Beyond the Supernatural™
- and more . . .
This may be our last Open House. Having sufficient parking is becoming a big issue. You may have to car pool from the hotel as it is. And the event is a ton of work that takes four weeks out of our production schedule. It is especially hard on Kathy Simmons, who coordinates most of it and does the catering (we’ll try to help her more). So we may make this our big, final Open House blow out.
V.I.P. Thursday (May 3, 2012). Available now. YOU are the VIP. You get in an afternoon early (doors open at 3:00 PM – catered dinner at 5:30 PM) and are the first to play in special game events, participate in special panel talks, purchase items, and enjoy a dinner catered by Kathy Simmons (and those who have been to past VIP nights know how awesome that is). Reserve your place today.
Weekend Admission is Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Reserve your place today. Placing your order early helps us on many levels, and tells us how many people to expect and how many hotel rooms to reserve.
Hotel is the location you love at the same 2009 rates ($69.95 a night). The hotel does not charge your card until a day before the event, so reserve NOW. I’m concerned they might run out of rooms. Based on the economy, the hotel has not reserved the entire hotel for us as they have in the past. Book your room fast so you know you have a place to stay. The hotel now offers free hot breakfasts and we will have two conference rooms for late night gaming and open gaming.
We need G.M.s. This means we’ll be looking for volunteer Game Masters (you get a T-shirt and a discount on books if you run three “official” games or more).
Plan to enter the Costume Contest. Winners get a nice plaque and real prizes. Rifts/sci-fi, fantasy, modern (includes horror) and best of show are the categories.
Click here for more details and to reserve your tickets.
The Queen of Ghouls: Life-Sized Halloween Props
Check out the new creations by Palladium’s very own Kathy Simmons. See her zombie doctor and other new zombies, Jack Skellington and Sally, and more. New creations are on the drawing board, and so is a new website. Each Halloween prop is truly life-sized (most are 6 feet or taller – Jack is almost 8 feet) and seems almost alive.
Each is an all-weather, life-sized Halloween prop that can handle rain and snow, and is a one-of-a-kind work of art (no two are exactly the same). Each looks frighteningly “real.” All come apart and fold down to slightly larger than a king-size pillow for easy storage. Comes with easy instructions, a plastic storage bag, and the lawn stake to stand it up in your front yard. Indoor stand sold separately.
Types of “Ghouls” include: Zombies (all kinds!), killer clowns, wizards, witches, devils, grave ghouls, scarecrows, executioners, mad doctors, deadly nurses, vampires, werewolves, and more. Kathy's also now offering an array of hand-painted Halloween signs, signs with heads and bodies hanging from them, witch's brewing pots, Halloween centerpieces and more. Best of all, her high quality creations are much more affordable and imaginative than most competitors or mass produced items in a store, making them affordable Halloween fun.
If you think the photos online look good, you should see them in person. A typical “ghoul,” as she calls her creations, costs $129-$259. You can see some of her work at her Queen of Ghouls™ Ebay store – queenofghouls.com.
© Copyright 2011 Palladium Books Inc. All rights reserved.
Rifts®, The Rifter®, RECON®, Splicers®, Palladium Books®, The Palladium Fantasy Role-Playing Game®, Phase World®, Nightbane®, Megaverse®, The Mechanoids®, The Mechanoid Invasion®, Coalition Wars® and After the Bomb® are Registered Trademarks of Palladium Books Inc. Beyond the Supernatural™, Chaos Earth, Coalition States, Dead Reign, Heroes Unlimited, Ninjas & Superspies, Minion War, Mysteries of Magic, SAMAS, Thundercloud Galaxy, Three Galaxies, Vampire Kingdoms, Warpath, and other published book titles, names, slogans and likenesses are trademarks of Palladium Books Inc., and Kevin Siembieda.
Robotech® and Robotech® The Shadow Chronicles® are Registered Trademarks of Harmony Gold USA, Inc.
This press release may be reprinted, reposted, linked and shared for the sole purpose of advertising, promotion and sales solicitation.