Palladium Books® Weekly Update – June 2, 2011
By Kevin Siembieda
Another wild and crazy (but good) week on many fronts.
UPDATE: Online Sales. Sales over Memorial Day weekend were excellent. People loved the Memorial Day Sale. The Robotech® hardcover was the number one selling item, the print set number two, with everything else clustered in a tie for the number three and four slots. We sold a good number of non-sale items too. Thank you for your support.
Since the sales ended, numbers have been a little soft, but NOT terrible like they had been before we were able to address a number of issues concerning the online store. This means Rex and Thom have fixed many of the problems with the store and while they were at it, have tried to make navigation and shopping easier.
UPDATE: A new issue with the Palladium Online Store. There were, however, problems over the weekend. The big one involved “Browser Compatibility” that caused “some” (not all) people using Internet Explorer and Firefox to be unable to place an order for more than a single book. The problem was the shopping cart would drop the item in the cart as soon as a second item was added. I want to thank the number of customers who contacted us about this problem, because we were unaware of it. That meant an estimated 20-30% of you could not place your order. Grrrr. That number would have been higher, but some of the browser users were able to place orders. Which made the matter all the more confounding.
As you might expect, this was very upsetting. Some related how they wanted to help Palladium by making a purchase, but were frustrated because they could not. Others were upset because they were missing out on the sale items they wanted. Fear not! I have your back. You will have another opportunity to get those sale items, see Second Chance Sale, June 2-5, 2011 – that’s this weekend, starting today.
It wasn’t easy, but the problem Internet Explorer and Firefox users were experiencing should be fixed. Palladium gamer Dorne’s observation and input helped put us on the right track. Thanks Dorne.
IMPORTANT Note: If you should encounter the problem of items dropping from the shopping cart, here is the easy fix (provided by Dorne). Immediately after YOU – the customer – add your first item to the shopping cart, click on the little blue “Update” button under the Qty column and the problem is solved – nothing drops out of the shopping cart and you can add as many items as you like. How simple, but who knew, except Dorne who contacted us with this solution using the Update button. See, this is what makes the Palladium Books community so darn awesome.
I want to thank all of you who sent Palladium your feedback and notified us of problems and bugs large and small. Thankfully, 99% were small! With your help and input we’ll be able to make Palladium’s online store quick and easy to use and the Palladium website EVERYTHING it can be. Your requests and suggestions have led us to add a complete Product List you can scroll down and place your orders, fix the browser problem, as well as rearrange the various pages and make other tweaks, changes and invisible adjustments. We’ll also be working to reduce the time it takes for the site to load.
I don’t think everyone realizes Rex Barkdoll is one of Palladium’s many uber fans who has chosen to do all of this (and it has been a mountain of work) on a volunteer basis for no pay. The same is true of Thom Bartold. Both of these gents have done this for all of us, because they care about Palladium Books and our gaming community. How cool is that?! And some people wonder if I exaggerate when I say Palladium fans are the greatest on the planet. Not one bit.
Second Chance Sale – June 2-5, 2011. To make amends to those of you who missed the Memorial Day Sale last week because of the aforementioned browser/shopping cart problem, we are re-offering the Memorial Day Sale items this weekend. We don’t want anyone to feel disappointed or cheated because they missed out due to technical difficulties beyond their control. I hope this makes up for the order problems some of you experienced last weekend. It also gives those of you who missed the sale an opportunity to order. To sweeten the pot, I have added two NEW Sale bundles. Enjoy and spread the word. Sale ends Monday morning, June 6, 2011.
If you have trouble ordering. If you ever encounter a problem placing your order, you can always call the Palladium Order Line (734-721-2903) to place the order over the telephone during business hours, Monday through Friday, 9:00 AM till 7:00 PM, sometimes later. Weekends are hit and miss for getting a real person as it is depends on who’s in and answering the phone that weekend. You can call anytime and leave a message on the answering system, just be clear and make sure you leave your name, a telephone number and the best time to call you in your message. If you ever have a problem, call, email, or create a ticket in our new HelpDesk so we can try to find a solution.
Please continue to help by spreading the word. Post links to the Palladium Books website, or better yet, links to the Palladium online store, and even links to specific products (like core books, new releases, etc.) on your own websites, Facebook pages, and other websites that allow such things. This really does help. Also talk about your favorite games, new releases and spread the word about the Second Chance Sale. Thanks again.
UPDATE: Rifts® Free Quebec – back in print next week. Free Quebec is at the printer and ships next week, June 8, 2011. It offers different types of Glitter Boys, Quebec weapons and gear, adventure ideas, maps, world information about Free Quebec, O.C.C.s and more.
The following Rifts® titles are also recently back in print and ready to ship:
- Rifts® Book of Magic
- Rifts® World Book 8: Rifts® Japan™
- Rifts® World Book 13: Lone Star™
- Rifts® Dimension Book™ 6: Three Galaxies™
- Rifts® Black Vault™
- Rifts® Mercenaries™
- Aliens Unlimited™ – A Heroes Unlimited™ sourcebook
- Rifts® Baseball Caps
UPDATE: Rifts® Vampire Kingdoms™. As of today, all I’m working on till it is done is Rifts® Vampire Kingdoms™! Rex and the guys seem to have the website well in hand, so I’ll be working on Rifts® Vampire Kingdoms™ till I drop. We lost power at the office over the weekend, and the website and other matters have been stealing my attention. That ends today! The book needs to be finished. FYI: The new artwork coming in for the two vampire books are phenomenal. Mark Dudley and others were blown away by what I showed them. Mark also loved the Doc Reid viewpoint on vampires and my explanations of how deadly they are.
UPDATE: The Rifter® #55. This is gonna be another great issue. The cover is dynamic. Selections for what sees print, almost finished.
UPDATE: Rifts® World Book 32: Lemuria™. The author is finishing some reworks and additions. I need to assign the rest of the artwork.
UPDATE: Rifts® World Book 33: Megaverse® in Flames™. I just approved the cover for it today. Wow. The artist, RC Aradio, is going to put in a few finishing touches and we’ll be good to go. It is very powerful.
Please contribute to The Rifter®. If you are a talented Game Master or player who creates great adventures and source material for your own game sessions, please share them with the rest of us. The Rifter® is designed to publish “fan” created source material like new monsters, villains, adventures, settings, weapons, vehicles, spells, super abilities, Game Master tips and so on. We are always looking for articles that are 8-25 pages long. We need material for all of Palladium’s game lines. And we need it from YOU. Don’t be afraid to submit your material. We want you to. We need you to. You do NOT have to be a writer, though you do have to write in a clear and intelligible way.
UPDATE: New items available on DriveThruRPG.com. We are making The Rifter® Number Zero and the Hades & Dyval Map Pack available on DriveThruRPG. We have additional PDF only products in development, too. We’re not ready to offer a Rifts® Vampire Kingdoms™ Sneak Preview yet, but soon.
Don’t forget, DriveThruRPG offers more than 90 out of print titles (and a few that are not) as PDF downloads. It is a good resource for getting The Rifter® #1-48 and to fill in your RPG library with first edition copies of Rifts®, Palladium Fantasy®, Heroes Unlimited™, and other game lines as well as books such as Nightbane® Book Four: Shadows of Light™ and both versions of the The Mechanoids® RPG (1985) and The Collected Mechanoid Invasion® Trilogy(1981-1983).
Palladium Presence at A-Kon – June 10-12, Dallas, Texas. Reminder to fans in the Dallas-Houston area that Megaversal Ambassador Kenneth Haun is running Palladium gaming events at A-Kon. Join the fun. Sorry, none of us can make the event.
Palladium to attend Gen Con Indy – August 4-7. I mention this every week because we want to make sure everyone knows and swings by our booth. Spread the word. Even though there are no “official” Palladium gaming events there are always a bunch of “unofficial” games. Please stop by the Palladium booth to chat and get autographs, pick up new books and back stock titles, and have some fun. Palladium people you’ll get to meet include:
- Kevin Siembieda
- Wayne Smith
- Nick Bradshaw (artist)
- Michael Mumah (artist)
- Brandon Aten (writer)
- Matthew Clements (writer; tentative)
- And others to be announced.
UPDATE: Palladium’s Facebook numbers grow. We are only 156 people away from 3,000 people who like the Palladium Facebook page. I continue to make an appearance and post things every day or two. Alex has been leaking information about the Vampire Kingdoms™ as he edits more material, and other Palladium creators pop in on a regular basis.
QueenofGhouls.com – Kathy Simmons continues to whip up new ghoulish creations. She has another mad doctor and nurse in the works and she plans on doing a wizard and more zombies.
UPDATE: Alex and his house. Rain, rain go away! The rain we’ve been getting has caused flooding and has delayed everything. 2011 is the second rainiest Spring in Michigan recorded history. Palladium even lost power over the weekend when lightning struck a power line down the street. Thankfully, work on Alex’s house is back on track this week, and there’s only one day of rain in the forecast for the next 4-5 days. Plumbing is in. Electrical and furnace are next, followed by the last of the exterior repairs, interior painting, carpeting, and inspection by the city! Fingers crossed.
Behind the Scenes: The future of the Palladium Website: As I’ve said, the Palladium website will be a continual work in progress as we fix bugs, add new fun and helpful features, and make the site more dynamic. We want the Palladium website to be a refuge for gamers. A comfortable home where they know they belong, can share ideas, learn new things, improve their gaming experience, laugh and have fun.
We have all kinds of ideas for the future that include podcasts and video interviews with me and other Palladium creators, a Palladium game review program by Carmen Bellaire and William “Big Will” Johnson, a blog about Game Mastering, creating campaigns and player tips, and more, as well as all the features you already enjoy, like the Weekly Updates, Murmurs from the Megaverse®, message boards, chat rooms, and so on. You won’t see these new programs and features all at once – not if you expect to see new products, which is our top priority – but you’ll be seeing them pop up in the weeks and months to come.
On other fronts: Many other projects continue to percolate behind the scenes. Yesterday, I had three productive meetings, one with Rex Barkdoll, another with Matthew Clements and one with Mark Dudley and the Palladium crew. I also approved the final cover art for The Rifter® #55 and Rifts® Megaverse® in Flames, as well as several pencil roughs for art going into Vampire Kingdoms, all of which look great.
Meanwhile, several new sourcebooks are in development for the Palladium Fantasy RPG®, Robotech®, Heroes Unlimited™, Nightbane®, Chaos Earth™, and Rifts®. As well as comic books based on Palladium’s games, and all kinds of ideas for the Palladium Books website, promotion and fun.
Don’t forget about the Second Chance Sale starting today and running through the weekend with two new sale bundles, keep spreading the word and have a great weekend.
– Kevin Siembieda, Publisher
Second Chance Sale – June 2-5, 2011 – 4 Days Only!
For those of you who could not place an order on the Palladium Store last week and who missed out, we’re are giving you an encore presentation of the Palladium Memorial Day Sale. We’re calling it the Second Chance Sale – four days only – plus two NEW sale bundles.
Since 2011 is Palladium’s 30th Anniversary, most items are bundled in groups of three. The savings are mind blowing. This sale is a great way to add to your collection or buy gifts for birthdays, graduation and other occasions.
Please spread the word about this 4-day sale and that Palladium has fixed the major problems with our new website. And don’t forget to pick up those new books and back in print titles you've been meaning to buy. Game on!
Three Print Set Special
You get three quality art prints and collectibles.
- Rifts® Art Print by Mike Mumah, color, signed by Mumah and Siembieda.
- Rifts® Throne Room Print by John Zeleznik, color, unsigned.
- Heroes of the Megaverse® Print by Freddie Williams II, black and white, signed and numbered by Kevin Siembieda.
- $10.00 is your special sale price. Available for FOUR DAYS ONLY. Offer ends Monday morning, June 6, 2011.
- $26.00 is the total value at normal retail for these three items.
- Bonus Gift: Plus the first 15 people to order will get a special surprise bonus print.
- Cat. No. MEM1.
Robotech® Hardcover Special
Get the gorgeous 224 page, 8½ x 11 inch, HARDCOVER edition of Robotech® Shadow Chronicles® RPG for less than you would pay for the manga-sized edition.
- The complete Robotech® RPG hardcover core rule book plus some art and space rules not in the manga edition.
- Play Veritech Fighter Pilots, Battloid Aces, Cyclone Riders and more.
- Battle the Invid and Haydonites to save the Earth.
- Quick Character Creation Tables enable you to roll up your character in 15 minutes.
- Alpha Fighters, Beta Fighters, Cyclones, Invid and more.
- $15.95 is your special sale price for FOUR DAYS ONLY. Offer ends Monday morning, June 6, 2011.
- $30.95 is the normal retail for this book.
- Cat. No. MEM2.
You get three sourcebooks that make a fine addition to any Palladium Fantasy Role-Playing Game® campaign.
- Land of the Damned One: Chaos Lands™, 192 pages, $24.95 retail.
- The Palladium Book of Weapons and Armor™, 48 pages, $8.95 retail, offers stats and illustrations of more than 600 real life melee weapons and 35 suits of armor.
- The Palladium Book of Weapons and Castles™, 48 pages, $8.95 retail, offers stats for a range of bows and arrows, crossbows, siege weapons, and 15 real world castles complete with basic floor plans.
- $20.95 is your special sale price for ALL three items! Available for FOUR DAYS ONLY. Offer ends Monday morning, June 6, 2011.
- $42.85 is the total value at normal retail for these three items.
- Cat. No. MEM3.
You get three sourcebooks suitable for use with Heroes Unlimited™ and After the Bomb®, and are easy to adapt to Rifts®, Palladium Fantasy®, Nightbane® and other settings.
- Road Hogs™, 48 pages, $9.95 retail, 20 mutant animals, vehicle combat and souped up vehicle creation rules.
- Mutants Down Under™, 48 pages, $9.95 retail, nearly 30 mutant animals, plus Dream Time Magic, animal psionics, airships, and adventures set in post-apocalyptic Australia.
- Mutants in Avalon™, 80 pages, $16.95 retail, nearly 20 mutant animals, plus mutant insects, druids, magic, King Arthur and adventure set in post-apocalyptic England.
- $10.00 is your special sale price for ALL three items! Available for FOUR DAYS ONLY. Offer ends Monday morning, June 6, 2011.
- $36.85 is the total value at normal retail for these three items.
- Cat. No. MEM4.
Rifts® Miniatures Special
You get three sets of Rifts® miniatures including a Coalition Sky Cycle, three cyborgs and a Simvan riding an Ostrasaurus. Ideal for any gaming, painting or display.
- Pack #8006: Rifts® Cyborgs™, three different cyborgs, 25 mm metal miniatures, $6.00 retail. Construction required.
- Pack #8007: Rifts® Simvan and Ostrasaurus™, rider and monster, 25 mm metal miniatures, $6.00 retail. Construction required.
- Pack #8010: Rifts® Coalition Soldier Riding a Sky Cycle™, one figure riding the vehicle; 25 mm metal miniatures, $8.00 retail. Construction required.
- $7.00 is your special sale price for ALL three items! Available for FOUR DAYS ONLY. Offer ends Monday morning, June 6, 2011.
- $20.00 is the total value at normal retail for these three items.
- Cat. No. MEM5.
You get three sourcebooks that are fan favorites and offer plenty of new weapons, gear, characters and ideas for any Rifts® campaign.
- Rifts® Juicer Uprising™, 160 pages, $20.95 retail, different types of Juicers, info on Juicers, weapons, gear, Fort El Dorado, adventures and more. Many consider this a core rule book.
- Rifts® Naruni Wave Two™, 96 pages, $16.95 retail, and page after page of Naruni weapons, power armor, robots and vehicles.
- Rifts® Machinations of Doom™, 128 pages, $18.95 retail, and presents new Coalition schemes, genetic monsters to destroy magic users, characters, adventure ideas and a Rifts® comic by fan fave artist, Ramon Perez.
- $28.50 is your special sale price for ALL three items! Available for FOUR DAYS ONLY. Offer ends Monday morning, June 6, 2011.
- $56.85 is the total value at normal retail for these three items.
- Cat. No. MEM6.
Rifts® “Reader” Special
You get three books to read – two novels and the Rifts® Anthology book, all of which are a fun read and will give you ideas for your Rifts® campaigns.
- Rifts® Novel One: Sonic Boom™, 406 pages, $9.95 retail.
- Rifts® Novel Two: Deception’s Web™, 409 pages, $9.95 retail.
- Rifts® Tales of the Chi-Town ‘Burbs™, 128 pages, $12.95 retail, with 13 short stories by Siembieda, Gleba, Campbell and other fan fave writers.
- $12.95 is your special sale price for ALL three items! Available for FOUR DAYS ONLY. Offer ends Monday morning, June 6, 2011.
- $32.85 is the total value at normal retail for these three items.
- Cat. No. MEM7.
Rifts® Zeleznik Prints Special
You get three, color art prints by John Zeleznik, mailed flat in a box. Each is a high quality, color, 11 x 14 print that comes with a certificate of authenticity. Suitable for framing. Not signed.
- Rifts® Art Print PR-802: Thor from Pantheons of the Megaverse®, by John Zeleznik.
- Rifts® Art Print PR-804: Rifts® Juicer Uprising, by John Zeleznik.
- Rifts® Art Print PR-805: Rifts® Coalition War Campaign, by John Zeleznik.
- $15.00 is your special sale price. Available for FOUR DAYS ONLY. Offer ends Monday morning, June 6, 2011.
- $30.00 is the total value at normal retail for these three items.
- Cat. No. MEM8.
Rifts® Chaos Earth™, Splicers® & More Special
You get the Rifts® Chaos Earth™ RPG, the Splicers® RPG and the Best of The Rifter® with which to explore new realms of adventure.
- Rifts® Chaos Earth™, 160 pages, $19.95 retail, the complete RPG that lets you play the heroes who try to survive the Great Cataclysm.
- Splicers® RPG, 224 pages, $23.95 retail. An alien setting where bio-technology, living armor and living weapons power your heroes against an insane artificial intelligence and her legion of robots.
- Best of The Rifter®, 128 pages, $12.95 retail, and presents fan fave articles from The Rifter® issues 1-33. Includes an index to all those issues as well, and offers a wealth of ideas.
- $28.95 is your special sale price for ALL three items! Available for FOUR DAYS ONLY. Offer ends Monday morning, June 6, 2011.
- $57.85 is the total value at normal retail for these three items.
- Cat. No. MEM9.
Rifts® World Book 22: Free Quebec
– Back in Print – Ships June 8, 2011
If you like Glitter Boys, high technology and/or Canada, you want this book. It is another World Book jammed full of valuable characters, information and adventure ideas.
- Six new O.C.C.s.
- Six different Glitter Boys, plus other power armor including the Pale Death SAMAS, Violator SAMAS and others.
- Free Quebec robots, weapons and equipment.
- Free Quebec combat vehicles and cyborgs.
- Free Quebec Navy with power armor and weapons.
- Overview of Free Quebec with maps and key places.
- Conflict between Free Quebec and the Coalition States.
- NPC villains, people, places and adventure ideas.
- Art by Ramon Perez, Michael Wilson and others.
- Written by Francois DesRochers and Kevin Siembieda.
- 192 pages – $24.95 retail – Cat. No. 837. Ships June 8, 2011.
Rifts® Book of Magic
– Back in Print – Available Now
This is the ultimate guide to magic on Rifts Earth. All the magic spells, magic tattoos, Techno-Wizard items, magic weapons, equipment, body armor, restraints, parasites, symbiotes, magic items, Automatons, Iron Juggernauts, and more from Rifts® World Books 1-23, Sourcebooks 1-4, and Siege on Tolkeen 1-6, collected into one big reference. This is a great reference book. Kevin and all of us at Palladium use it and the Rifts® Game Master Guide constantly.
- 850+ spells of great variety.
- 370+ magic items, weapons and devices.
- Elemental Magic, Temporal Magic, Ley Line Magic, Cloud Magic and Necromancy.
- Tattoo Magic, Nazca Line Magic, Nature Magic, Whalesongs and Ocean Magic, and more.
- Magic Songs, Chants, Biomancy, Magic Herbs, and Iron Juggernauts.
- Techno-Wizard weapons and devices, Rune Weapons, Millennium Tree wands and other magic items.
- Magic herbs, plants, components and symbiotes.
- Shamanistic magic, Fetishes, Talismans and more.
- Comprehensive index of Practitioners of Magic.
- Designer notes, comments, tips & hints for running magic characters.
- Written by Kevin Siembieda and others.
- 352 pages – $26.95 retail – Cat. No. 848. Available now!
NEW! Rifts® World Book One:
Vampire Kingdoms™, Expanded & Updated – ships June
Kevin Siembieda is rewriting, reorganizing, updating and expanding one of the most popular Rifts® World Books ever published: Vampire Kingdoms™. It will include rewrites throughout, much new material, some new artwork, and an expanded page count. The book will be updated and expanded in a more dramatic fashion that what Kevin did with Rifts® Sourcebook One a few years ago. Best of all, it will be quickly followed by the Rifts® Vampires Sourcebook™.
- The Vampire Hunter O.C.C.
- Techno-Wizard vampire slaying weapons and devices (new and old).
- Vampires: Their strengths, weaknesses and powers.
- The Vampire Kingdoms expanded.
- Travel through the Vampire Kingdoms and surrounding areas.
- Desert survival rules and guidelines.
- Vampire strategies and plans for conquest.
- The observations of Doc Reid.
- Key locations including Juarez and El Paso.
- The mystery of the Yucatan Peninsula, and adventure ideas galore.
- Updated and revised to 110 P.A.
- Cover by E.M. Gist.
- New artwork by Mike Wilson, Kent Burles, Mike Mumah and Nick Bradshaw. Plus the best of the art from the original printing.
- Written by Kevin Siembieda.
- 192 to 224 pages – $24.95 retail – Cat. No. 802-E. Ships June.
NEW! Rifts® Vampires Sourcebook™
All new source material
Trouble is stirring in the Vampire Kingdoms as ambitious vampire lords, ladies and misanthropes seek to expand their power to dominate more mortal life forms.
Written by Kevin Siembieda and a handpicked selection of other writers, this sourcebook explores the vampires of Mexico and their kingdoms in ways you never imagined. Tons of new data, adventure ideas and revelations.
- Vampire protectors and guardians.
- Vampire rogues, mercenaries and warlords.
- Vampire operations away from the Kingdoms.
- Vampire incursions along the southern borderlands.
- New vampire hunters and human strongholds.
- Vampire hunter “exterminators.”
- Frightful revelations, secrets, and adventure ideas.
- And much, much more.
- Cover by Michael C. Hayes. Interior art by various artists.
- Written by Kevin Siembieda, Braden Campbell and Mark Dudley.
- 128 pages – $16.95 retail – Cat. No. 884. June or July release.
NEW! The Rifter® #55
– Ships July 8
The Rifter® is your doorway to unlimited imagination and numerous Palladium role-playing worlds. It offers new heroes, powers, weapons, magic and adventure for your games. It presents new villains, monsters and dangers to battle, and new ideas to consider.
The Rifter® #55:
Is under construction. Wayne Smith is busy selecting material for this issue even as you read this.
- Palladium Fantasy RPG® source material.
- Rifts® source material.
- Rifts® Thundercloud Galaxy source material.
- News and coming attractions.
- And more.
- Cover by R.C. Aradio featuring Juicers. It's a beauty.
- $11.95 retail – 96 pages – Cat. No. 155. July 8 release.
NEW! Rifts® World Book: Lemuria™
At last, the underwater realm of Lemuria. The people and history of Lemuria, new Biomancy magic and weapons, sea herbs and healing, sea monsters, and more. Lemuria is more than an underwater civilization of aquatic beings. They can trace their lineage as far back as the Atlanteans and can survive on dry land as well as underwater. In fact, their greatest secret is there is no one resting place for the Lemurians, their great cities are always moving. Epic adventure awaits.
- The Lemurians, their race, history and society.
- New O.C.C.s including the Serpent Hunter, Shriekers, Oceanic Guardsman, Aquatic Biomancer and others.
- The Stone Guardians of Easter Island and other mysteries.
- Biomancer Gardens and Aquatic Biomancy.
- Biomancy armor, weapons and equipment.
- Symbiotic creatures and constructs; some that enable air-breathers to survive underwater, indefinitely.
- New psionic abilities.
- Sea Serpents, Sea Dragons, monsters, and riding animals.
- Adventure ideas and more.
- Written by Greg Diaczyk.
- Cover by John Zeleznik.
- 160 pages – $20.95 retail – Cat. No. 885. Final page count and price may be subject to expansion and increase. July 2011.
NEW! Robotech® New Generation™ Sourcebook
This Robotech® sourcebook will be a Summer 2011 release.
- Rules for using mecha, power armor and technology from all four eras of Robotech.
- Kit-bashed mecha and rules for jury-rigging and combining parts from different generations of mecha.
- Freedom Fighter O.C.C.s and resistance organizations.
- Rogues and misfits from the three Robotech Wars.
- New weapons, vehicles, mecha and more.
- Villains, traitors, bandits, Invid henchmen, adventure and adventure ideas galore.
- Written by Kevin Siembieda and Irvin Jackson.
- A “manga” size sourcebook.
- 192-256 pages – $16.95 retail – Cat. No. 554. Final page count and price may be subject to change. July 2011 release (tentative).
NEW! Rifts® Megaverse® in Flames™
The Minion War spills across Rifts Earth, where demons and infernals hope to recruit allies and use the Rifts as gateways of destruction. Their influence shakes things up across the planet, especially at locations where demons and Deevils already have a strong presence. More details to follow, but for now, 'nuff said.
- Soulmancer and Blood Magic.
- The Seven Deadly Plagues.
- The Demon Plagues across the globe.
- Battleground: Earth – as demons and infernals amass their legions.
- Rifts Calgary – also known as Hell's Pit; the kingdom described.
- Ciudad de Diablo, Harpies' Island and other notable Hell holes on Earth.
- Lord Doom, Pain and other demonic leaders.
- Horune treachery, Dimension Stormers and other villains.
- Global chaos and the places most dramatically affected by the Demon Plagues.
- Notable demonic generals, mercenaries, people and places.
- Many adventure ideas.
- Written by Carl Gleba.
- 192 pages – $24.95 retail – Cat. No. 876. August 2011.
NEW! Rifts® Chaos Earth™ Sourcebook: First Responders
Data about the chaos and madness of the early days of the Great Cataclysm, and the brave men and women who tried to stem the tide of destruction and save lives, the First Responders.
- Apocalypse Plagues: Strange diseases, symbiotes and mutations that transform, torment, harm and kill Earth's survivors.
- First Responder O.C.C.s, skills and special equipment.
- Civilian O.C.C.s, skills and orientation.
- Notable rescue vehicles, robot drones, and technology.
- New weapons, vehicles, mecha and more.
- Character modification and enhancement rules.
- Creatures from the Rifts and adventure ideas galore.
- Written by Jason Richards & Kevin Siembieda.
- 96 to 128 pages – $16.95 retail – Cat. No. 665. Coming in 2011.
Rifts® Dimension Book™ 14: Thundercloud Galaxy™
– Available Now
The book is sitting in our warehouse waiting for your orders. It is packed with great ideas, great art, unique, new alien races available as player characters, weird creatures and monsters, secrets of the Gene-Tech, weapons of the Dominators, ancient ruins, colony creation rules, adventure galore and much, much more.
The Scramble is the mad dash to claim and colonize the thousands of worlds of the Thundercloud Galaxy. Colonists flock to the Thundercloud filled with dreams. Space Pirates and an array of cutthroats also flock to the galaxy, guns in hand, ready to rob and fleece the colonists. Lawmen and heroes are in great demand, and the opportunities for clever adventurers are said to be without limit. As the civilizations of the Anvil and Corkscrew Galaxies scramble to colonize the Thundercloud, they are beginning to realize the galaxy holds more riches, beauty, horrors and secrets than anyone has ever imagined, making it a place of discovery, adventure and treachery like no other.
Thundercloud Galaxy™ is a perfect companion to the rest of the Phase World®/Three Galaxies™ based Dimension Books as well as the Minion War™ series. Players can be pirates, raiders, brigands or hired guns, or they may be explorers, adventurers, Spacers, or any number of heroes trying to protect the colonists or the indigenous peoples of countless worlds and colonies. The possibilities are truly limited only by your imagination.
- 17 new alien R.C.C.s plus the Elder Races, Dominators and more.
- 9 notable monsters and strange creatures, plus minions.
- Learn about the mysterious Elder Races, complete with stats.
- Dominator weapons, gear and salvage available to players.
- Gene-Tech and their chemical enhancements, gear and salvage available to players.
- Monster Creation Tables.
- Colony Creation Tables.
- Indigenous People Tables.
- 101 Ruin Adventures.
- Notable spacecraft, weapons, power armor and gear.
- Discover the Exiles, Splugorth Bio-Wizard Doctors, Denlech, Trensik Mercenaries and other mysterious people.
- An overview of the Thundercloud Galaxy, bits of history, new insights and many avenues of adventure.
- Any type of space opera and science fiction scenario you can imagine can be played out in the Thundercloud Galaxy.
- Written by Braden Campbell and Kevin Siembieda.
- Cover by John Zeleznik. Art by Michael Mumah.
- 160 pages – $20.95 retail – Cat. No. 883. Available now.
Rifts® World Book 8: Rifts® Japan™
– Back in Print – Available now
This fan-favorite sourcebook is filled with high-tech wonders, magic and monsters. There are 20 O.C.C.s (Occupational Character Classes) that range from the traditional ninja and samurai to power armor, giant robots and cyborgs.
- 20 O.C.C.s including the Mystic Ninja, Ninja Cyborg, Ninja Juicer, Cyber-Samurai, Ninja Techno-Wizard, Japanese Demon Queller & more.
- 12 suits of power armor including Samurai SAMAS and Glitter Boys.
- 9 giant robots.
- Cyborgs of Japan, including Dragon Cyborgs and other bionics.
- Advanced weapons, melee weapons and other gear.
- Mystical powers and martial arts.
- Enchanted weapons and items including the Living Samurai Sword.
- 11 notable demons, goblins and dragons of Japan.
- Kyoto Millennium Tree, visions, wands and weapons.
- Overview of Japan, its people, magic and technology.
- Written by C.J. Carella.
- 216 pages – $24.95 retail – Cat. No. 818. Available now.
Rifts® World Book 13: Lone Star™
– Back in Print – Available now
The Coalition State of Lone Star is a wild and woolly place of contrast and conflict. The Coalition States claims the entire State of Texas as their own, but they only control a small corner of it. It is here, at the Lone Star Complex, that the CS engages in genetic engineering and creates the famous Dog Boys and a host of other mutants. The rest of the state is held by the Pecos Empire – an empire of bandits, outlaws and rebels. The perfect companion to Rifts® New West™, Rifts® Spirit West™ and Rifts® Machinations of Doom™.
- 19 R.C.C.s, many of which are mutants.
- A few new O.C.C.s.
- Dog Boys – an in-depth look at how they are designed, bred and trained.
- Dog Boy armor and CS weapons.
- CS Death Wing assault armor.
- Hover cycles of the Lone Star state.
- Notable characters in the region.
- Overview of Lone Star and the Pecos Empire.
- Overview of the Lone Star Complex and the mad doctor who runs it.
- A wealth of background material and adventure ideas.
- Written by Kevin Siembieda.
- 176 pages – $20.95 retail – Cat. No. 825. Available now.
for Heroes Unlimited™ and the Minion War™ – Available now
Armageddon Unlimited™ is the ultimate good vs evil setting and adventure. The fate of the world hangs in the balance and only you can stop its destruction as demons and Deevils fight for control of the Earth and bringing about the end of life as we know it.
Armageddon Unlimited™ is more than an epic world-saving adventure, it is also a sourcebook jam-packed with new powers, magic, weapons and Power Categories that can be incorporated into any Heroes Unlimited™ campaign. This book can be used as a standalone adventure sourcebook for Heroes Unlimited™ or as a pivotal plot in an expansive Minion War™ campaign. Get a free sneak preview of the book from DriveThruRPG.com.
- 7 new Minor and 14 Major Super Abilities.
- Deevil and Demon magical Chaos Weapons.
- Enchanted Weapons of Order and a few Enchanted Objects.
- Demon Hunter Power Category and abilities.
- Crusader of Light Power Category and abilities.
- Heroic Hellion Power Category – play a “reformed demon.”
- Hellion monster creation table.
- Magically Bestowed Variant Power Categories and abilities let you wield weapons that empower good and destroy evil.
- Doctor Vilde, the mastermind behind the Armageddon plot.
- The secret island base of Doctor Vilde and 16 maps.
- More than a dozen NPC villains.
- The Church of Unity and its role in bringing about Armageddon.
- The Chaos Generators – the key to stopping Armageddon.
- A menagerie of evil villains, people and places.
- The Armageddon scenario, adventure ideas and Minion War™ on Earth.
- Written by Carl Gleba. Additional text by Kevin Siembieda.
- Cover by John Zeleznik.
- 160 pages – $20.95 retail – Cat. No. 527. Available now.
“Rifts® Logo” Baseball Cap – Back in Print
Back by popular demand. A black Rifts® Logo on a khaki baseball cap with black trim. Looks great and fans love it! Makes a great gift.
- Cotton cloth fabric, khaki color with black trim and black Rifts logo.
- Cloth Velcro strap for size adjustment. A nice cap.
- $14.95 per cap – Cat. No. 2544 – Available now.
PDF downloads from DriveThruRPG.com
This is a great resource for getting out of print Palladium titles and other select books. We’ve made 90 titles available as PDF digital downloads fromDriveThruRPG.com. This is a great way to try Palladium products and get access to out of print RPG source material. Some notable titles include.
- Splicers® RPG
- Beyond the Supernatural™ RPG, First Edition Rules.
- Boxed Nightmares™ for BTS, First Edition Rules.
- Nightbane® Book Four: Shadows of Light™.
- The Mechanoids® RPG and The Mechanoid Invasion® RPG Trilogy.
- Palladium Fantasy RPG®, First Edition Rules and select 1st Edition sourcebooks.
- After the Bomb® RPG and sourcebooks.
- The Rifter® issues 1-48.
- The Best of The Rifter®
- Deluxe Revised RECON® RPG and Advanced RECON® Sourcebook.
- And more – go to DriveThruRPG.com and check ‘em out.
2011 Palladium Releases
2011 New Releases & Back in Print
- Rifts® Dimension Book™ 14: Thundercloud Galaxy™ – New – Available now!
- Armageddon Unlimited™ – New – Available now!
- The Rifter® #53 – New – Available now!
- The Rifter® #54 – New – Available now!
- Aliens Unlimited™ – A Heroes Unlimited™ sourcebook – Back in print – Available now
- Rifts® World Book 20: Canada – Back in print – Available now
- Rifts® Dark Conversions™ – Back in print – Available now
- Palladium Fantasy RPG® – Back in print – Available now
- Rifts® Game Master Guide – Back in print – Available now
- Rifts® World Book 5: Triax & The NGR™ – Back in print – Available now
- Rifts® Bionics Sourcebook – Back in print – Available now
- Rifts® China One – Back in print – Available now
- Rifts® Megaverse® Builder – Back in print – Available now
- Rifts® Baseball Cap – Back in stock – Available now
- Rifts® Dimension Book™ 6: Three Galaxies™ – Back in print – Available now
- Rifts® Black Vault™ – Back in print – Available now
- Rifts® Mercenaries™ – Back in print – Available now
- Rifts® World Book 8: Rifts® Japan™ – Back in print – Available now
- Rifts® World Book 13: Lone Star™ – Back in print – Available now
May 2011 Releases
- Rifts® Book of Magic – BACK IN PRINT – Available now
June 2011 Releases
- Rifts® WB One: Vampire Kingdoms™, Expanded & Updated
- Rifts® Vampires Sourcebook™ – New (end of June; tentative)
- Rifts® Free Quebec – BACK IN PRINT – June 8
July 2011 Releases
August 2011 Releases
- Rifts® Megaverse® in Flames (Minion War™ crossover) – New
New Releases Coming Soon (tentative)
- Rifts® Chaos Earth™ Sourcebook: First Responders (as soon as we can slot it in)
- Dead Reign™ Sourcebook Three
In the Pipeline
- Robotech® UEEF Marines and other Robotech® sourcebooks.
- Rifts® sourcebooks
- Rifts® Chaos Earth™ sourcebooks
- Palladium Fantasy®: Mysteries of Magic™ Two & Three
- Palladium Fantasy® other sourcebooks
- Warpath™ Urban Jungle RPG
- And other good stuff. Lots of other good stuff!
Recently Back in Print
Palladium Fantasy Role-Playing Game®
- 336 pages – $26.95 retail – Cat. No. 450.
Rifts® World Book 20: Rifts® Canada™
- 192 pages – $24.95 retail – Cat. No. 835.
Rifts® Dark Conversions™
- 192 pages – $24.95 retail – Cat. No. 852.
Rifts® Game Master Guide
- 352 pages – $26.95 retail – Cat. No. 845.
Rifts® Bionics Sourcebook™
- 112 pages – $16.95 retail – Cat. No. 850.
Rifts® World Book Five: Triax & the NGR™
- 224 pages – $24.95 retail – Cat. No. 810.
Rifts® World Book 8: Rifts® Japan™
- 216 pages – $24.95 retail – Cat. No. 818.
Rifts® World Book 13: Lone Star™
- 176 pages – $20.95 retail – Cat. No. 825.
Rifts® World Book 24: Rifts® China One
- 160 pages – $20.95 retail – Cat. No. 857.
Rifts® Dimension Book 7: Megaverse® Builder
- 96 pages – $16.95 retail – Cat. No. 859.
Aliens Unlimited™ – For Heroes Unlmited™
- 208 pages – $24.95 retail – Cat. No. 515.
Rifts® Dimension Book™ 6: Three Galaxies™
- 160 pages – $20.95 retail – Cat. No. 851.
Rifts® Adventure Sourcebook: The Black Vault™
- 48 pages – $9.95 retail – Cat. No. 855.
- 160 pages – $20.95 retail – Cat. No. 813.
The Queen of Ghouls: Life-Sized Halloween Props
Check out the new creations by Palladium's very own Kathy Simmons. See her new zombie, Jack Skellington and Sally, with more new creations on the drawing board. Each Halloween prop is truly life-sized (most are 6 feet or taller – Jack is almost 8 feet) and seem almost alive.
Each is an all-weather, life-sized Halloween prop that can handle rain and snow, and is a one-of-a-kind work of art (no two are exactly the same). Each looks frighteningly “real.” All come apart and fold down to slightly larger than a king-size pillow for easy storage. Comes with easy instructions, a plastic storage bag, and the lawn stake to stand it up in your front yard. Indoor stand sold separately.
Types of “Ghouls” include: Zombies (all kinds!), killer clowns, wizards, witches, devils, grave ghouls, scarecrows, executioners, mad doctors, deadly nurses, vampires, werewolves, and more. Kathy's also now offering an array of hand-painted Halloween signs, signs with heads and bodies hanging from them, witch's brewing pots, Halloween centerpieces and more. Best of all, her high quality creations are much more affordable and imaginative than most competitors or mass produced items in a store, making them affordable Halloween fun.
If you think the photos online look good, you should see them in person. A typical “ghoul,” as she calls her creations, costs $129-$259. You can see some of her work at her Queen of Ghouls™ Ebay store – queenofghouls.com.
© Copyright 2011 Palladium Books Inc. All rights reserved.
Rifts®, The Rifter®, RECON®, Splicers®, Palladium Books®, The Palladium Fantasy Role-Playing Game®, Phase World®, Nightbane®, Megaverse®, The Mechanoids®, The Mechanoid Invasion®, Coalition Wars® and After the Bomb® are Registered Trademarks of Palladium Books Inc. Beyond the Supernatural™, Chaos Earth, Coalition States, Dead Reign, Heroes Unlimited, Ninjas & Superspies, Minion War, Mysteries of Magic, SAMAS, Thundercloud Galaxy, Three Galaxies, Vampire Kingdoms, Warpath, and other published book titles, names, slogans and likenesses are trademarks of Palladium Books Inc., and Kevin Siembieda.
Robotech® and Robotech® The Shadow Chronicles® are Registered Trademarks of Harmony Gold USA, Inc.
This press release may be reprinted, reposted, linked and shared for the sole purpose of advertising, promotion and sales solicitation.