Palladium Books® Weekly Update – April 28, 2011
By Kevin Siembieda
News and Updates first . . .
UPDATE: Rifts® Japan and Rifts® Lone Star™ arrived at the Palladium warehouse Monday, April 25, and are ready to ship. Both books are fan favorites and we were happy with the number of copies distributors ordered.
UPDATE: Rifts® Thundercloud Galaxy™ – shipped Tuesday, April 25, and is available now. PR copies went out Wednesday.
Sales for Rifts® Thundercloud Galaxy™ are strong and we expect they will increase as word spreads about the book. There is a lot of what I call "Wow Factor" in this title as well as material suitable for use in many diverse settings. We are seeing a trend of a large number of gamers purchasing one or two additional books with their Thundercloud Galaxy™ order; typically Armageddon Unlimited™, Dimensional Outbreak™, Rifts® Japan, Rifts® Lone Star™ or The Rifter #54.
For a preview of the book, go to DriveThruRPG.com to get the free PDF download. It is easy to create a free account and only takes a couple of minutes. The preview shows the Trensik Mercenaries R.C.C. as well as a brief overview piece, a map of the galaxy and the Contents pages. The free Armageddon Unlimited™ Sneak Preview is also available.
Remember, DriveThruRPG.com is a good resource for getting The Rifter® #1-48 and to fill in your RPG library with first edition copies of Rifts®, Palladium Fantasy®, Heroes Unlimited™, and other game lines as well as books such as Nightbane® Book Four: Shadows of Light™ and both versions of the The Mechanoids® RPG (1985) and The Collected Mechanoid Invasion® Trilogy (1981-1983).
UPDATE: Online sales. I'm happy to report online sales have continued to improve for the third week in a row. They are still shy of where we would like to see them, but seeing a steady growth is welcomed. As we build momentum with the regular release of new titles, growing excitement should result in strong, consistent sales. There is already mounting excitement about the Rifts® Vampire titles (Carmen Bellaire, for one, can hardly wait), as well as Rifts® Lemuria, Robotech® New Generation™ Sourcebook and Rifts® Megaverse® in Flames.
UPDATE: Rifts® Vampire Kingdoms™. Ideas are pouring out of me for this book which is transforming as I work on it. I suspect it will be getting more new material than I had originally imagined as it progresses. Regrettably, I have spent much of my week in meetings, on the phone, and getting future books in the pipeline, as well as working on the new Palladium website. (Which I want to see go live by the end of next week!) That's okay, because I can feel the ideas percolating in my mind, and I'm pleased with the work I have done. There will be more about vampires, the Vampire Kingdoms, rivalry between the Kingdoms, life in vampire controlled Mexico, traveling in vampire territory and surviving, as well as adventure hooks and ideas. I think I'm going to take Carmen's suggestion and move the Traveling Shows section into the sourcebook or even as a separate sourcebook. I have a million ideas burning a hole in my head. Now, I just need to find the time to write.
UPDATE: Rifts® Vampires Sourcebook. This is a work in progress as my ideas and focus change with the Kingdoms book and as freelancer material comes in. It will offer ways to travel through and adventure in the Vampire Kingdoms and live to tell the tale, as well as vampire henchmen and the low-life humans who trap and destroy Vampire Hunters.
UPDATE: Robotech® New Generation™ Sourcebook. I can hear it calling my name, but I still haven't gotten to work on this manuscript yet. Soon. I did have a good talk with author Irvin Jackson about it and the next sourcebook to follow. Mmmmm, good stuff.
UPDATE: Rifts® Lemuria. I expect to get the finished artwork next week from John Zeleznik. And I've promised a trio of artists I'd get them art assignments by the end of this week. Writer Greg Diaczyk is burning with new ideas for future World Books and even a Nightbane® book. Actually, there are a number of yet-to-be-revealed RPG projects in development behind the scenes by several writers. A few were in the works before the Creators Conference, but several have been born since our brainstorming gathering – exactly what I had hoped for.
UPDATE: Rifts® Megaverse® in Flames. I want to start assigning the art for this book soon.
UPDATE: Dead Reign™ Sourcebook Three. I exchanged some emails with Nick Bradshaw about my ideas for the next 2-3 Dead Reign books, but they are all still in the concept stages.
UPDATE: Alex. Work is progressing well at Alex's house. With any luck, he and his family will be back at home in a few weeks. I also want to thank the generous Palladium fans who continue to send Alex checks, money orders and PayPal donations toward the cause. You are all too kind, and your generosity has touched Alex and all of us at Palladium Books. (For those who don't know, the house where Alex lived with his 88 year old mother, sister and two nieces suffered severe damage from a fire in January. The person responsible for the insurance had let it lapse, so things are difficult. Still, Alex remains optimistic.)
Also recently brought back in print:
- Rifts® Dimension Book™ 6: Three Galaxies™
- Rifts® Black Vault™
- Rifts® Mercenaries™
- Aliens Unlimited™ – A Heroes Unlimited™ sourcebook
- Rifts® Baseball Caps
Palladium Presence at A-Kon – June 10-12, Dallas, Texas. Reminder to fans in the Dallas-Houston area that Megaversal Ambassador, Kenneth Haun, is running Palladium gaming events at A-Kon. Join the fun.
Palladium to attend Gen Con Indy – August 4-7. A big reminder that Palladium Books has a booth at Gen Con this year. Please stop by the Palladium booth to chat and get autographs, pick up new books and back stock titles, and have some fun. Palladium people you'll get to meet include:
- Kevin Siembieda
- Wayne Smith
- Nick Bradshaw (artist; tentative)
- Michael Mumah (artist)
- Brandon Aten (writer)
- Matthew Clements (writer; tentative)
- And others to be announced.
QueenofGhouls.com – Kathy Simmons has two new zombie creations going up in her store on Sunday – including one of her popular "crawling zombies" suitable for outdoor and indoor display. Kathy creates astonishing, real looking, life-sized Halloween props. I can't tell you how often these "ghouls" have scared the heck out of me. In fact, it happened just this week.
My real encounter with a zombie. I popped back to the office after running some errands Monday night. Everyone else had left for the day, so the lights were turned down in the warehouse and was all alone. I'm in a good mood and singing to myself when there is a loud thud.The booming clomp echoed in the dimly lit warehouse and gave me a shock. It sounded like it came from Julius' work station not more than a hundred feet away. As I slowly approached, adrenaline coursed through my vains. It was as I was prowling around his work area looking for an intruder, that I realized I was behaving like a "victim character" from the original Beyond the Supernatural RPG (and countless horror movies); so I stopped, pulled out my trusty cell phone, and had 911 on speed dial, just in case. Tiptoeing around Julius' desk, a figure suddenly loomed at me from the shadows! Its hands reaching out toward me. "Aaaaugh!" I shouted. It was one of Kathy's zombies! After my heart stopped pounding, I saw that a heavy box had slid down from its perch, creating the heavy thud noise. It had also turned the zombie prop to face my direction when I turned the corner. Funny. I'm just glad I didn't press the button to call 911. It was ironic, because Mark Dudley and I were recently discussing how the Palladium warehouse/office was extremely defendable against zombie hordes. Ah, such are the silly adventures and musing of us idiots at Palladium Books. ;)
Behind the Scenes Report – Palladium Books®
We are back to riding the whirlwind and it is great.
We have so many ideas and projects, and such enthusiasm, that there are some days where it feels like we barely have a moment to catch our breaths. That's especially true for me.
When I'm not trying to write content for the new website (going live in the next 7-14 days) or trying to work on Vampire Kingdoms, or review manuscripts or outlines for new books, I'm on the phone or in meetings. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE it. The energy is electric. I love that I have writers and artists calling, emailing and keeping on me to make sure everything is moving forward. I love hearing the enthusiasm in their voices and seeing them push themselves to be better than ever. I am so excited about this year (and next) I can barely find the words. I wish there was a way you could tap into my mind for a few minutes to see everything we're working on and feel the excitement.
How can we do all this? With big hearts and support from the people who love and believe in Palladium Books. Cash flow remains up and down. While sales have slowly improved the last few weeks, they are still not where we need them to be. I'm sure we'll get there, especially with summertime and more new releases heading our way. Until then, we lack the full resources we need to create all the wonders we imagine. Paying writers and artists up-front is not an option. Thankfully, I have a staff willing to work long hours and dedicated friends, fans and freelancers willing to volunteer time and efforts and/or put in "sweat equity" to make our dreams a reality. To my never ceasing amazement, we have an army of such talented true-believers.
Case in point, most of the work on the new website by Rex Barkdoll and Thom Bartold has been free of charge. They love the company and want to help and to make a difference. Thanks guys, you're both awesome. Wayne too.
The same is true of the people working on many other projects. Mark Dudley is spearheading our exploration into launching a line of comic books based on Palladium Books' many expansive world settings and I.P.s. Mark and I have been researching, talking and planning for months. We meet every Wednesday and talk frequently throughout the week. Mark will help to develop the project, manage operations and wrangle artists and writers. His energy is contagious. My refrain, "Forget about what you think you know about comics."
The writers, artists, letterers and others on the comic project are likewise putting in sweat equity to get the line launched by next year. And we're not talking mamby-pamby stuff or vanity projects, we're talking top notch work, by top Palladium talent.
Carmen Bellaire and "Big Will" Johnson have volunteered to do a video-program to appear on YouTube that discusses the many books in Palladium's role-playing game lines. We hope to launch that by the end of May.
Alex, despite his own problems with and concerns about home and family after the fire, has been a dynamo – providing research, ideas and information on virtually every front.
World building is my specialty. World building and epic stories are what we do at Palladium. And you'll be seeing more coming your way via RPG sourcebooks and new mediums. You can count on me and Palladium's writers to develop the worlds you think you already know in ways that will please and astonish you. You can also count on us to create new realms of adventure and wonder. The full extent of which will be obvious as we make our push over the next 24 months to release one epic book after another.
All of us are dedicated Palladium fans ourselves; people who have stuck by Palladium through thick and thin. People who have dedicated themselves to unleash the full power of their imaginations and talent to launch a Palladium Books renaissance! To carry the company to new heights as we present new worlds to explore and memorable adventures to experience.
You are part of the process. Don't think we don't need you. YOU are the most important component in the entire process. We make these games and sourcebooks for you. Ask the guys and gals who attended the Creators Conference, I talked at length about how our books are designed for you. That we need to meet and then exceed your expectations. To bring you – the players and Game Masters – the most fun and dynamic role-playing gaming experience you can find. Palladium games and sourcebooks have always been built with you in mind. That, has been the secret of our success and survival. To know you and create the worlds and products you want. To do that, we need you to share your desires and let us know the directions you would like to see Palladium take. I need to know the types of products and subjects you would like to see. Help us with this, please.
- Why are we doing a new web site? Because you, our fans, have been asking us to do so.
- Why are we on Facebook? Because you, our fans, wanted us to create a Facebook page.
- That's also why we plan to utilize other social media like Twitter and YouTube.
As we prepare to take Palladium into a new era, we need your help and input more than ever. And not just from the guys and gals who are always quick to post or PM their comments. We appreciate and value those individuals, but we also need to hear from those of you who enjoy our games but usually stay silent.
EVERYTHING is open for consideration and discussion. New mediums, new products, new ideas for sourcebooks; which game lines do you want to see supported most; streamlining the game rules to be simpler and faster; Game Master support, convention support, promotion, and . . . well, everything. We are examining and considering everything.
We are already working on many of those fronts, but need your input to meet your satisfaction and give you what you want. Send me and other Palladium staffers Private Messages and emails, write letters, post on the message boards, vote in the poll, chat about it with other Palladium creators on the message boards – especially with guys like Brandon Aten, Carl Gleba, Irvin Jackson, Matthew Clements, Alex Marciniszyn and Mark Dudley, all of whom are good about presenting your discussions and views without filtering them with their own bias.
I think the people who attended the Creators Conference and others I've talked to on the phone have been surprised by the magnitude of what we are considering and taking on. Many of these areas are things I have been quietly thinking about for years. Part of the purpose of the Creators Conference was to issue a challenge to ourselves: If we're so smart and creative, then let's do something amazing. Let's create products that make people talk. Let's do things that shake up and revitalize the RPG industry. Let's do things to promote Palladium Books and reach gamers like never before. After all, Palladium is a true community – not just a manufacturer and customers – we're a family. That's a rare commodity, so let's cut loose and have fun with it.
In short, it is time to pull out all the stops.
And we need you to make that possible. Won't you help us? Tell what we're doing right and the areas you'd like to see changed or improved. Don't stop there, offer suggestions on how we can make those changes. Tell us what types of products you'd like to see. Should we be doing new T-shirts, coffee mugs and prints? Do you want to see other items? If so, like what? Tell us your ideas for celebrating Palladium's 30 Year Anniversary (an accomplishment worth celebrating). And fear not, our Number One goal is RPG products for all of our game lines.
Please continue to show support with your hard earned dollars in the purchase of new and back stock product, but also spread the word about the games and sourcebooks you enjoy. We'll try to give you one dynamic product worth talking about after another, but we need you to make some noise about them. Tell people about Palladium products. Point them to the new website when it's up as well as to our Facebook page (and soon, Twitter). You have more power than you may realize. Together we can grow Palladium Books.
One small bit of help is to take a minute to participate in our poll. Indicate what products and areas you would like to see Palladium expand into.
Click here to vote in our ongoing poll.
- Facebook/iPhone/Flash Games (think Angry Birds and Farmville)
- TCGs (Trading Card Games)
- Board Games
- Miniature Games
- Novels (fiction)
- Comic Books (printed)
- Digital Comic Books
- PDFs of existing and new books
- Other. You tell us what we're missing. What else would you like to see from Palladium.
Exciting times are coming, and we want you to share in the excitement and be part of Palladium's expanding Megaverse®. Thank you for being there for us.
– Kevin Siembieda, Publisher
NEW! Rifts® Dimension Book™ 14: Thundercloud Galaxy™
– Ships April 25, 2011 – at the printer
The book is done, at the printer and awesome. Great ideas, great art, unique new alien races available as player characters, weird creatures and monsters, secrets of the Gene-Tech, weapons of the Dominators, ancient ruins, colony creation rules, adventure galore and much, much more.
The Scramble is the mad dash to claim and colonize the thousands of worlds of the Thundercloud Galaxy. Colonists flock to the Thundercloud filled with dreams. Space Pirates and an array of cutthroats also flock to the galaxy, guns in hand, ready to rob and fleece the colonists. Lawmen and heroes are in great demand, and the opportunities for clever adventurers are said to be without limit. As the civilizations of the Anvil and Corkscrew Galaxies scramble to colonize the Thundercloud, they are beginning to realize the galaxy holds more riches, beauty, horrors and secrets than anyone has ever imagined, making it a place of discovery, adventure and treachery like no other.
Thundercloud Galaxy™ is a perfect companion to the rest of the Phase World®/Three Galaxies™ based Dimension Books as well as the Minion War™ series. Players can be pirates, raiders, brigands or hired guns, or they may be explorers, adventurers, Spacers, or any number of heroes trying to protect the colonists or the indigenous peoples of countless worlds and colonies. The possibilities are truly limited only by your imagination.
- 17 new alien R.C.C.s plus the Elder Races, Dominators and more.
- 9 notable monsters and strange creatures, plus minions.
- Learn about the mysterious Elder Races, complete with stats.
- Dominator weapons, gear and salvage available to players.
- Gene-Tech and their chemical enhancements, gear and salvage available to players.
- Monster Creation Tables.
- Colony Creation Tables.
- Indigenous People Tables.
- 101 Ruin Adventures.
- Notable spacecraft, weapons, power armor and gear.
- Discover the Exiles, Splugorth Bio-Wizard Doctors, Denlech, Trensik Mercenaries and other mysterious people.
- An overview of the Thundercloud Galaxy, bits of history, new insights and many avenues of adventure.
- Any type of space opera and science fiction scenario you can imagine can be played out in the Thundercloud Galaxy.
- Written by Braden Campbell and Kevin Siembieda.
- Cover by John Zeleznik. Art by Michael Mumah.
- 160 pages – $20.95 retail – Cat. No. 883. April 25, 2011.
Rifts® World Book 8: Rifts® Japan™
– Back in Print – Ships April 25
This fan-favorite sourcebook is filled with high-tech wonders, magic and monsters. There are 20 O.C.C.s (Occupational Character Classes) that range from the traditional ninja and samurai to power armor, giant robots and cyborgs.
- 20 O.C.C.s including the Mystic Ninja, Ninja Cyborg, Ninja Juicer, Cyber-Samurai, Ninja Techno-Wizard, Japanese Demon Queller & more.
- 12 suits of power armor including Samurai SAMAS and Glitter Boys.
- 9 giant robots.
- Cyborgs of Japan, including Dragon Cyborgs and other bionics.
- Advanced weapons, melee weapons and other gear.
- Mystical powers and martial arts.
- Enchanted weapons and items including the Living Samurai Sword.
- 11 notable demons, goblins and dragons of Japan.
- Kyoto Millennium Tree, visions, wands and weapons.
- Overview of Japan, its people, magic and technology.
- Written by C.J. Carella.
- 216 pages – $24.95 retail – Cat. No. 818. Ships April 25, 2011.
Rifts® World Book 13: Lone Star™
– Back in Print – Ships April 25
The Coalition State of Lone Star is a wild and woolly place of contrast and conflict. The Coalition States claims the entire State of Texas as their own, but they only control a small corner of it. It is here, at the Lone Star Complex, that the CS engages in genetic engineering and creates the famous Dog Boys and a host of other mutants. The rest of the state is held by the Pecos Empire – an empire of bandits, outlaws and rebels. The perfect companion to Rifts® New West™, Rifts® Spirit West™ and Rifts® Machinations of Doom™.
- 19 R.C.C.s, many of which are mutants.
- A few new O.C.C.s.
- Dog Boys – an in-depth look at how they are designed, bred and trained.
- Dog Boy armor and CS weapons.
- CS Death Wing assault armor.
- Hover cycles of the Lone Star state.
- Notable characters in the region.
- Overview of Lone Star and the Pecos Empire.
- Overview of the Lone Star Complex and the mad doctor who runs it.
- A wealth of background material and adventure ideas.
- Written by Kevin Siembieda.
- 176 pages – $20.95 retail – Cat. No. 825. Ships April 25, 2011.
NEW! Rifts® World Book One:
Vampire Kingdoms™, Expanded & Updated
Kevin Siembieda is reorganizing, tweaking, expanding and updating one of the most popular Rifts® World Books ever published: Vampire Kingdoms™. This will include some new artwork and an expanded page count. The book will be updated and expanded in much the same way as Kevin did with Rifts® Sourcebook One a few years ago. Best of all, it will be accompanied by the Rifts® Vampires Sourcebook™.
- The observations of Doc Reid.
- Vampires: Their strengths, weaknesses and powers.
- The Vampire Kingdoms expanded.
- Vampire strategies and plans for conquest.
- Vampire hunters and Techno-Wizard slayer devices (new and old).
- Key locations including Juarez and El Paso.
- The mystery of the Yucatan Peninsula.
- Traveling Shows, Freak Shows and Circuses.
- Monsters, D-Bees, and adventure ideas galore.
- Updated and revised to 110 P.A.
- Cover by E.M. Gist. Interior art by various artists.
- Written by Kevin Siembieda.
- 192 to 224 pages – $24.95 retail – Cat. No. 802-E. Spring 2011.
NEW! Rifts® Vampires Sourcebook™
All new source material
Trouble is stirring in the Vampire Kingdoms as ambitious vampire lords, ladies and misanthropes seek to expand their power to dominate more mortal life forms.
Written by Kevin Siembieda and a handpicked selection of other writers, this sourcebook explores the vampires of Mexico and their kingdoms in ways you never imagined. Tons of new data, adventure ideas and revelations.
- Vampire protectors and guardians.
- Vampire rogues, mercenaries and warlords.
- Vampire operations away from the Kingdoms.
- Vampire incursions along the southern borderlands.
- New vampire hunters and human strongholds.
- Vampire hunter "exterminators."
- Frightful revelations, secrets, and adventure ideas.
- And much, much more.
- Cover by Michael C. Hayes. Interior art by various artists.
- Written by Kevin Siembieda, Braden Campbell and Mark Dudley.
- 128 pages – $16.95 retail – Cat. No. 884. Spring 2011 release.
NEW! Robotech® New Generation™ Sourcebook
This Robotech® sourcebook will be an early 2011 release.
- Rules for using mecha, power armor and technology from all four eras of Robotech.
- Kit-bashed mecha and rules for jury-rigging and combining parts from different generations of mecha.
- Freedom Fighter O.C.C.s and resistance organizations.
- Rogues and misfits from the three Robotech Wars.
- New weapons, vehicles, mecha and more.
- Villains, traitors, bandits, Invid henchmen, adventure and adventure ideas galore.
- Written by Kevin Siembieda and Irvin Jackson.
- A "manga" size sourcebook.
- 192-256 pages – $16.95 retail – Cat. No. 554. Final page count and price may be subject to change. Spring 2011 release.
NEW! Rifts® World Book: Lemuria™
At last, the underwater realm of Lemuria. The people and history of Lemuria, new magic, sea herbs and healing, sea monsters, and more.
- The Lemurians, their race, history and society.
- New O.C.C.s including the Serpent Hunter, Shriekers, Oceanic Guardsman, Aquatic Biomancer and others.
- The Stone Guardians of Easter Island and other mysteries.
- Biomancer Gardens and Aquatic Biomancy.
- Bio-Armor, Bio-Weapons and Bio-Construct Symbiotes.
- New psionic abilities.
- Sea Serpents, monsters, adventure ideas, and more.
- Written by Greg Diaczyk.
- 160 pages – $20.95 retail – Cat. No. 885. Final page count and price may be subject to expansion and increase. Spring 2011.
NEW! Rifts® Megaverse® in Flames™
The Minion War spills across Rifts Earth, where demons and infernals hope to recruit allies and use the Rifts as gateways of destruction. Their influence shakes things up across the planet, especially at locations where demons and Deevils already have a strong presence. More details to follow, but for now, 'nuff said.
- Soulmancer and Blood Magic.
- The Seven Deadly Plagues.
- The Demon Plagues across the globe.
- Battleground: Earth – as demons and infernals amass their legions.
- Rifts Calgary – also known as Hell's Pit; the kingdom described.
- Ciudad de Diablo, Harpies' Island and other notable Hell holes on Earth.
- Lord Doom, Pain and other demonic leaders.
- Horune treachery, Dimension Stormers and other villains.
- Global chaos and the places most dramatically affected by the Demon Plagues.
- Notable demonic generals, mercenaries, people and places.
- Many adventure ideas.
- Written by Carl Gleba.
- 192 pages – $24.95 retail – Cat. No. 876. July 2011.
NEW! Rifts® Chaos Earth™ Sourcebook: First Responders
Data about the chaos and madness of the early days of the Great Cataclysm, and the brave men and women who tried to stem the tide of destruction and save lives, the First Responders.
- Apocalypse Plagues: Strange diseases, symbiotes and mutations that transform, torment, harm and kill Earth's survivors.
- First Responder O.C.C.s, skills and special equipment.
- Civilian O.C.C.s, skills and orientation.
- Notable rescue vehicles, robot drones, and technology.
- New weapons, vehicles, mecha and more.
- Character modification and enhancement rules.
- Creatures from the Rifts and adventure ideas galore.
- Written by Jason Richards & Kevin Siembieda.
- 96 to 128 pages – $16.95 retail – Cat. No. 665. Coming in 2011.
for Heroes Unlimited™ and the Minion War™ – Available now
Armageddon Unlimited™ is the ultimate good vs evil setting and adventure. The fate of the world hangs in the balance and only you can stop its destruction as demons and Deevils fight for control of the Earth and bringing about the end of life as we know it.
Armageddon Unlimited™ is more than an epic world-saving adventure, it is also a sourcebook jam-packed with new powers, magic, weapons and Power Categories that can be incorporated into any Heroes Unlimited™ campaign. This book can be used as a standalone adventure sourcebook for Heroes Unlimited™ or as a pivotal plot in an expansive Minion War™ campaign. Get a free sneak preview of the book from DriveThruRPG.com.
- 7 new Minor and 14 Major Super Abilities.
- Deevil and Demon magical Chaos Weapons.
- Enchanted Weapons of Order and a few Enchanted Objects.
- Demon Hunter Power Category and abilities.
- Crusader of Light Power Category and abilities.
- Heroic Hellion Power Category – play a "reformed demon."
- Hellion monster creation table.
- Magically Bestowed Variant Power Categories and abilities let you wield weapons that empower good and destroy evil.
- Doctor Vilde, the mastermind behind the Armageddon plot.
- The secret island base of Doctor Vilde and 16 maps.
- More than a dozen NPC villains.
- The Church of Unity and its role in bringing about Armageddon.
- The Chaos Generators – the key to stopping Armageddon.
- A menagerie of evil villains, people and places.
- The Armageddon scenario, adventure ideas and Minion War™ on Earth.
- Written by Carl Gleba. Additional text by Kevin Siembieda.
- Cover by John Zeleznik.
- 160 pages – $20.95 retail – Cat. No. 527. Available now.
Aliens Unlimited™ – Back in Print
A sourcebook for Heroes Unlimited™
Aliens Unlimited™ brings alien beings to your Earth-based Heroes Unlimited™ setting and enables you to take your Earth heroes to alien worlds. This sourcebook has everything you need to launch an alien based campaign or galactic adventures, or introduce alien invaders, villains, heroes and campaign ideas.
Aliens Unlimited™ makes the perfect resource and companion to the Thundercloud Galaxy™ or any of the Rifts® Dimension Books and Minion War™ series. Looking for some new space aliens, villains and monsters to add to your Thundercloud Galaxy™ orMinion War™ campaign? Need some unique Splugorth slaves? Demon henchmen? Take a look at Aliens Unlimited™ (and the Aliens Unlimited™ Galaxy Guide™ companion sourcebook); easy to adapt.
- 85 alien races/R.C.C.s., plus a bonus alien.
- 15 alien monster races, plus NPC villains.
- Galactic Organizations (Atorian Empire and more).
- Rules and tables for Creating Alien Characters, including an expanded Alien Appearance & Bonuses Table, Reason for Coming to Earth, Equipment, Special Vehicles and more.
- 90+ weapon stats including high-tech bows and arrows, Cold Weapons, Energy Weapons, Incendiary Weapons, Sonic Weapons, Conventional Firearms, and a wide range of Kisentite Blade Weapons and Vibro-Blade Weapons.
- Plus info about alien bionics, body armor, and power armor.
- A handful of vehicles and miscellaneous equipment.
- UFO watch groups, alien spies, NPCs and more.
- Suggestions, rules and information for your galactic campaigns.
- Plus some super abilities, spell magic and psionics.
- Adaptable to Rifts®, Phase World® and Rifts® Dimension Books™ complete with conversion notes for Rifts®.
- Written by Wayne Breaux Jr., additional text by Siembieda.
- 208 pages – $24.95 retail – Cat. No. 515. Available now!
Rifts® Dimension Book™ 6: Three Galaxies™ – Back in Print
A guide to the Three Galaxies, this book takes a look at dozens of solar systems, notable planets, select alien races, people, civilizations and monsters, as well as space anomalies, spaceships and more. This is another sourcebook that is ideal for campaigns involving the Minion War™, the Thundercloud Galaxy™, Phase World® and adventures in the Three Galaxies.
- An overview of the Three Galaxies.
- 16 O.C.C.s/R.C.C.s including the Obsidian Spell Thief and Space Warlock.
- A half dozen monsters plus the mysterious Necrol.
- Galactic Organizations (Atorian Empire and more).
- More information on the Intruders, Kreeghor, Splugorth and others.
- Draygon Industries and their weapons.
- Demon Stars, Demon Planets and magic starships.
- Notable spaceships and weapon systems.
- The monstrous Necrol and their living weapons and spacecraft.
- Notable equipment of the Three Galaxies.
- A wealth of background material and adventure ideas.
- Written by Carl Gleba.
- 160 pages – $20.95 retail – Cat. No. 851. Available now.
Rifts® Adventure Sourcebook: The Black Vault™ – Back in Print
For generations it has been rumored the Coalition States maintains a Top Secret facility where it locks away and stores all the magic weapons and items it confiscates from adventurers and mages. The CS, of course, denies these rumors, but they are true. And the truth is revealed for the first time in this epic sourcebook packed with secrets and magic items. Do your characters dare to rob the Black Vault?
- The Legend of the Black Vault.
- The Coalition's Campaign Against Magic.
- Coalition Anti-Magic Squads.
- The Black Vault, its defenses and its inventory of magic items.
- 101 Magic Items – each "item" (79 of them) is described in detail. The last 22 items are magic potions with the effects of magic spells.
- Written by Kevin Siembieda.
- 48 pages – $9.95 retail – Cat. No. 855 – Available now.
Rifts® Mercenaries™ – Back in Print
This fan-favorite sourcebook presents everything you need to create and run a mercenary company on Rifts Earth. It includes creation rules, new Occupational Character Classes such as the Professional Smuggler, Thief, Safecracker, Spy, Bounty Hunter, Master Assassin, and others, plus a treasure trove of mercenary weapons, vehicles, gear and arms dealers.
- Nine Mercenary O.C.C.s.
- Rules and tables for creating a Mercenary Company.
- Six NPC mercenary companies described, complete with key characters, villains, history and adventure ideas. Includes transdimensional mercs.
- Northern Gun – weapons and gear.
- Naruni Enterprises – weapons, force fields, vehicles and gear.
- Golden Age Weaponsmiths – arms dealer that specializes in vehicles.
- Wellington Industries – weapons and gear, including Ramjet rounds.
- Iron Heart Armaments Inc. – combat vehicles.
- Chipwell Armaments Inc. – power armor.
- Angrar Robotics – power armor.
- Coalition Army – combat vehicles.
- Casualties of Peace – adventure outline.
- Written by C.J. Carella.
- 160 pages – $20.95 retail – Cat. No. 813 – Available now.
"Rifts® Logo" Baseball Cap – Back in Print
Back by popular demand. A black Rifts® Logo on a khaki baseball cap with black trim. Looks great and fans love it! Makes a great gift.
- Cotton cloth fabric, khaki color with black trim and black Rifts logo.
- Cloth Velcro strap for size adjustment. A nice cap.
- $14.95 per cap – Cat. No. 2544 – Available to ship Friday, March 25, 2011.
PDF downloads from DriveThruRPG.com
This is a great resource for getting out of print Palladium titles and other select books. We've made 90 titles available as PDF digital downloads from DriveThruRPG.com. This is a great way to try Palladium products and get access to out of print RPG source material. Some notable titles include.
- Splicers® RPG
- Beyond the Supernatural™ RPG, First Edition Rules.
- Boxed Nightmares™ for BTS, First Edition Rules.
- Nightbane® Book Four: Shadows of Light™.
- The Mechanoids® RPG and The Mechanoid Invasion® RPG Trilogy.
- Palladium Fantasy RPG®, First Edition Rules and select 1st Edition sourcebooks.
- The Rifter® issues 1-48.
- The Best of The Rifter®
- Deluxe Revised RECON® RPG and Advanced RECON® Sourcebook.
- And more – go to DriveThruRPG.com and check 'em out.
Available Now & Back in Print
- Armageddon Unlimited™ – New – Available now!
- The Rifter® #53 – New – Available now!
- Rifts® World Book 20: Canada – Back in print – Available now
- Rifts® Dark Conversions – Back in print – Available now
- Palladium Fantasy RPG® – Back in print – Available now
- Rifts® Game Master Guide – Back in print – Available now
- Rifts® World Book 5: Triax & The NGR – Back in print – Available now
- Rifts® Bionics Sourcebook – Back in print – Available now
- Rifts® China One – Back in print – Available now
- Rifts® Megaverse® Builder – Back in print – Available now
March 2011 Releases
– Rifts® Baseball Cap – BACK IN STOCK
– Rifts® Dimension Book™ 6: Three Galaxies™ – BACK IN PRINT
- Rifts® Black Vault™ – BACK IN PRINT
– Rifts® Mercenaries™ – BACK IN PRINT
- Aliens Unlimited™ – A Heroes Unlimited™ sourcebook – BACK IN PRINT
April 2011 Releases
- The Rifter® #54 – New – Available now.
- Rifts® Dimension Book™ 14: Thundercloud Galaxy™ – New – April 25.
- Rifts® World Book 8: Rifts® Japan™ – BACK IN PRINT – Ships April 25
- Rifts® World Book 13: Lone Star™ – BACK IN PRINT – Ships April 25
May 2011 Releases
- Robotech® New Generation™ Sourcebook (tentative)
- Rifts® WB One: Vampire Kingdoms™, Expanded & Updated
- Rifts® Book of Magic (back in print)
June 2011 Releases
July 2011 Releases
- The Rifter® #55 – New
- Rifts® Megaverse® in Flames (Minion War™ crossover) – New
New Releases Coming Soon (tentative)
- Rifts® Chaos Earth™: First Responders Sourcebook (as soon as we can slot it in)
- Dead Reign™ Sourcebook Three
In the Pipeline
- Robotech® UEEF Marines and other Robotech® sourcebooks.
- Rifts® sourcebooks
- Rifts® Chaos Earth™ sourcebooks
- Palladium Fantasy®: Mysteries of Magic™ Two & Three
- Palladium Fantasy® other sourcebooks
- Warpath™ Urban Jungle RPG
- And other good stuff. Lots of other good stuff!
Recently Back in Print
Check out the new creations by Palladium's very own Kathy Simmons. See her new zombie, Jack Skellington and Sally, with more new creations on the drawing board. Each Halloween prop is truly life-sized (most are 6 feet or taller – Jack is almost 8 feet) and seem almost alive.
Each is an all-weather, life-sized Halloween prop that can handle rain and snow, and is a one-of-a-kind work of art (no two are exactly the same). Each looks frighteningly "real." All come apart and fold down to slightly larger than a king-size pillow for easy storage. Comes with easy instructions, a plastic storage bag, and the lawn stake to stand it up in your front yard. Indoor stand sold separately.
Types of "Ghouls" include: Zombies (all kinds!), killer clowns, wizards, witches, devils, grave ghouls, scarecrows, executioners, mad doctors, deadly nurses, vampires, werewolves, and more. Kathy's also now offering an array of hand-painted Halloween signs, signs with heads and bodies hanging from them, witch's brewing pots, Halloween centerpieces and more. Best of all, her high quality creations are much more affordable and imaginative than most competitors or mass produced items in a store, making them affordable Halloween fun.
If you think the photos online look good, you should see them in person. A typical "ghoul," as she calls her creations, costs $129-$259. You can see some of her work at her Queen of Ghouls™ Ebay store – queenofghouls.com.
© Copyright 2011 Palladium Books Inc. All rights reserved.
Rifts®, The Rifter®, RECON®, Splicers®, Palladium Books®, The Palladium Fantasy Role-Playing Game®, Phase World®, Nightbane®, Megaverse®, The Mechanoids®, The Mechanoid Invasion®, Coalition Wars® and After the Bomb® are Registered Trademarks of Palladium Books Inc. Beyond the Supernatural™, Chaos Earth, Coalition States, Dead Reign, Heroes Unlimited, Ninjas & Superspies, Minion War, Mysteries of Magic, SAMAS, Thundercloud Galaxy, Three Galaxies, Vampire Kingdoms, Warpath, and other published book titles, names, slogans and likenesses are trademarks of Palladium Books Inc., and Kevin Siembieda.
Robotech® and Robotech® The Shadow Chronicles® are Registered Trademarks of Harmony Gold USA, Inc.
This press release may be reprinted, reposted, linked and shared for the sole purpose of advertising, promotion and sales solicitation.