Someone had to ask: Lybokjas in Dead Reign

You are on your own. The Army is MIA and our government is gone! There are no communications of any kind. Cities and towns have gone dark, and zombies fill the streets. The dead have risen and it would seem to be the end of the world. Help me, Mommy!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

DtMK
Hero

Someone had to ask: Lybokjas in Dead Reign

Unread post by DtMK »

I'm interested in seeing the myriad of zombies, including the Half-Turned in the book. But in case of a possible crossover into a setting like Heroes Unlimited, there was one type of raised dead/undead that would be interesting if encountered, and could be interesting if played....the Lybokja from Rifter #12.

What if someone that took the Unisane were at a super-nexus point at the time of the Wave? Or what if they were at such a point when the Wave hit, never took the Unisane but were exposed to the massive energy burst of P.P.E.? The odds are against it, but they look undead and could be as intelligent as any Thinker. But they probably couldn't control the other zombies, has so much P.P.E. they'd be like walking ley lines and nexus points to attract them to it! Looking dead, shooting fire from its hands, the zombies would hunger for it, the living would most likely be freaked out by it, even with its power it would be a zombie magnet! Neither living nor one of the horde, a pariah not accepted by either. These could make or break the scales in such a conflict. Would the death cults see them as potential allies or secret weapons? Or the most powerful enemies to be eliminated, or at least wrangled to attempt to tap into their massive energy stores to empower Brulyx?

Of course, it's probably too extreme to be allowed in most games. But it IS an interesting possibility, especially for crossovers with worlds used to superhumans. I was toying around with the idea of bringing one in for my party to encounter, obsessed with Disturbed's music, and calling itself Sickness. :lol: Of course, I want to run a traditional game, but my current campaign might be good to introduce it.
Bob Herzog from KoDT put it best: HOODY HOO! http://www.facebook.com/manyfacesofdave
Steeler49er
Hero
Comment: AKA-"Steeler49er"

Steeler49er is to the BOARDS, what C.J. Carella and Jhonen Vasquez are to RPG's & Underground Comics. You know! BIG FAT NUCLEAR DA-BOMBS!"

Re: Someone had to ask: Lybokjas in Dead Reign

Unread post by Steeler49er »

Ah Lybokja! The ultimate one shot... Once their PPE base is spent... They're dust! So yeah I'd allow them, can't think of a better world to help bring one about.

I had a Rullian Translator NPC that got the full Lybokja treatment... Players luv'd him untill he dusted, (his new personality was Soooo much better than his old one).

So, beinging without memories harks the question, who's gonna get to him first, cuz the hand that rock THAT cradle will rule the :twisted: ... Brubs :-? ?
Image...."SMILE YOU S.O.B"....Image

Problem is I used Placebos "Running Up that Hill" to get Catherine Wheels "Black Metallic" to get Monorals "KIRI" to get Dan Balans "Crazy Loop" out of my head in the first place.

Return to “Dead Reign™”