Safe zone?

You are on your own. The Army is MIA and our government is gone! There are no communications of any kind. Cities and towns have gone dark, and zombies fill the streets. The dead have risen and it would seem to be the end of the world. Help me, Mommy!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

MrMom
Dungeon Crawler

Safe zone?

Unread post by MrMom »

I dont have rifter 40 so please excuse my ignorance. If most of the world has turned into zombies due to the wave where would you find a safe zone? and what excatly would they be?
NMI
OLD ONE

Re: Safe zone?

Unread post by NMI »

MrMom wrote:I dont have rifter 40 so please excuse my ignorance. If most of the world has turned into zombies due to the wave where would you find a safe zone? and what excatly would they be?

According to the Rifter, "Alaska" is rumored to be safe...

EDIT: Zombie Palin! or Death With Palin - Dontcha know!
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Nightbreed
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Nightbreed »

And in South America, they've adapted to living in the trees.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Also, according to the Rifter article, Winnipeg Canada is "safe" as is Denver Colorado (I think)
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Nightbreed
Dungeon Crawler

Also, according to the Rifter article, Winnipeg Canada is "safe" as is Denver Colorado (I think)

Yep, Winnipeg never got their shipment of the cancer cure as the plane crashed and Denver got cleared out thinks to the efforts of the Fire Dept., though it was a long and hard battle and there's not much of people there left alive.
Rathorc Lemenger
Hero
Comment: I am the explorer Extreme. Searcher of all things mysterious and interesting. FEAR ME.

Unread post by Rathorc Lemenger »

I wonder what ever happened to Newfoundland. *chuckles* I could make a joke bout that, but I don't know if it would be appropraite.

Signed,
Rathorc Lemenger.
I've created a monster.-Taalismn.
Believe in the unbelieveable, and you shall become known to the unknown-Rathorc Lemenger
It is well documented that for every minute you excercise, you add a minute to your life. This enables you, at 85 years of age, to spend an additional 5 months in a nursing home at $5,000 per month-An anonymous family member of Rathorc Lemenger.
Nightbreed
Dungeon Crawler

Newfoundland is where I will be starting my game. Logically, because it's where I live, and also, as a massive island it's a good place to try to set up as defensible. I picture the majority of the East coast being overrun by the zombies... just too big of a population to be able to fend them all off. The west coast and central would be good places to try to defend. Smaller populations, colder winters, and plenty of time to set up some sort of defenses once the walking dead were cleared out... of course, being isolated, without electricity and modern shipping survival against the elements would be difficult.

Then there are those preliminary reports (before a possible rewrite) about ships disappearing in the ocean. I think there be pirates abound out there.
Rathorc Lemenger
Hero
Comment: I am the explorer Extreme. Searcher of all things mysterious and interesting. FEAR ME.

Ahhh... So, I've found another Maritimer. Good. Now, for my next question: how would good ol' Halifax survive (after all, it is where I live)?

Signed,
Rathorc Lemenger.
Believe in the unbelieveable, and you shall become known to the unknown-Rathorc Lemenger
It is well documented that for every minute you excercise, you add a minute to your life. This enables you, at 85 years of age, to spend an additional 5 months in a nursing home at $5,000 per month-An anonymous family member of Rathorc Lemenger.
Nightbreed
Dungeon Crawler

Actually Halifax was initially on my list of cities to survive sort of the "Denver Scenario" of Canada, it was a space cut. But it is never stated that Halifax fell either.

Any hope for New Jersey? I know that Manhattan is overrun, so it's a no-go there. :-?
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin
Comment: 24 was the start... We are Legion.

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

NJ Has a relitivly high population to space ratio and is in between major city centers, be it NYC or all the other big citys up there.

The north atlantic is pretty much FUBAR if my guess is right. Millions and millions of zombies in a wave that just crashes over pockets of survivors.

You'd need to get away from population center's to have a chance or have really cold weather to give you MONTHS to regroup and replinish and fortify to get "set"

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

James Tiberius Kirk: Well, not _only_...
tundro
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by tundro »

Being here in California would probably be really bad. I know that Southern California would be swamped to the gills with undead (the thought of zombies shambling around with their implants falling out inspires nausea and laughter all at the same time). I'm up in the Northern part..probably head west into Trinity County with all the mountains and valleys.
Rathorc Lemenger
Hero

[quote="tundro"]Being here in California would probably be really bad. I know that Southern California would be swamped to the gills with undead (the thought of zombies shambling around with their implants falling out inspires nausea and laughter all at the same time). I'm up in the Northern part..probably head west into Trinity County with all the mountains and valleys.[/quote]

Hmm.... Now that you mention it, wouldn't the mansion's of Hollywood be safe? You know, with all of the fences around them and all?

Signed,
Rathorc Lemenger
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin
Comment: 24 was the start... We are Legion.

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

Don't forget that like 80%W of CA Is desert... It doesn't look like it due to extreme works of man.. but you turn off the water and matience from the human assistance and CA reverts to Desert scrub land PDQ. Zombies suck... Zombies and nothing to drink and food hard to find (( Remember big population centers like LA and NYC have about 3 days food in them. With out ___CONSTANT___ replinishment the food dissapears.)) When that replinishment stops and the people panic and raid stores and horde food, you're going to be in Zombie central, with nothing to eat and nothing to drink and have to fight you way out and across hard land. Think of all the stalled cars on the road... you could never drive out of LA. Hell you can hardly drive in it now and there's no undead running around... CA would be gone from Mexico up to about 100 miles north of LA minimum. Just write it off in one swoop. The closer you get to the Pacific North west the better your chances.

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

James Tiberius Kirk: Well, not _only_...

Return to “Dead Reign™”