Paladin Steel Storefront

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

taalismn
Priest

Re: Paladin Steel Portable Scrambler Shelter

Unread post by taalismn »

abtex wrote:Nice.

Does this come in a ponch or Ghillie suit for snipers, maybe Ghillie "Popp-em" shooter tent with “Gnat” RPVs look outs/target finders? Armored car covers? Does the Camouflage work on parachutes? So you can freak out Crazies by jumping out of a plane without a chute in sight and land safely.

That ends the short list.

WE'll be developing and marketing a variety of differnet stealth products, from canonical radar-invisible armor and minor-stealth items like advanced ghillie-suits to 'sure-to-get-Naruni-breathing-down-our-necks-for copyright-infringement' wares...
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

gadrin wrote:cool, does the catalog offer a MDC Outhouse that I can place nearby ? :D

>

Modular buildings; another product line we're working on...we already produce modular underwater structures and docks, and we're finalizing a new system that allows the empty shipping crates and cases of our products to be stacked, attached together, filled with dirt or megadamage concrete, and used as building blocks...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Re: Paladin Steel Jeep Warrior ATV-40V

Aramanthus wrote:I'll volunteer as a driver of one of those wildcats! :D

Air bags and seat belts optional...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

Unread post by Aramanthus »

Cool new PS device! It has a lot of uses. I know we are looking forward to seeing further development in this area from PS.
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

I'll take those options! Please! (Seat belts and air bags.)
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

HH....FIE
abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

Did anyone tell him about the Clowns have AntiTank weapons to cause out of control vehicles?
I hate it when my mind wonders,
Because I have no idea what it will bring back with it.

taalismn says -- Librarians assume the role of scholar-priest-kings in an increasinly illiterate society...

taalismn says -- Abtex...Unofficial archival mole for the fictional arms industry again with the sites that make you blink... :shock: :-D
Aramanthus
Monk

I'm making sure to wear my specialized PA. One which ordinary anti tank weapons can't scratch! :-P :D

HH....FIE
abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

Those are :clown: Clown Anti-Tank weapons, not just normal anti-tank ones. They have been used to protect Circuses for hundreds of years.
Do you really feel that safety? :D

taalismn says -- Librarians assume the role of scholar-priest-kings in an increasinly illiterate society...

taalismn says -- Abtex...Unofficial archival mole for the fictional arms industry again with the sites that make you blink... :shock: :-D
taalismn
Priest

That's all right...we just armed the bulls with vibro-horns for added fun in the games.. :demon:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

Hmmmm. Very interesting! I suppose I'll have to release the Animaniacs to balance the scales. :D

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

Paladin Steel Erectable Watchtowers

Just a passing idea...

Paladin Steel Erectable Watchtowers
“I know what it looks like, corporal...but that doesn’t mean you can refer to the Type Two Mobile Watchtower as a ‘MegaTrojan’!”

“Most terrifying experience I had was when I was on ‘tower duty during Hasseluge’s Revolt back in 107....We didn’t have enough time to lower the tower when the refugees came boiling out of the camps, so the guys on the ground, who still had the trailer hooked up to a ‘mover, just took off with me still in the tower...And we went right through Little East Haven...Every time we took a corner, that tower arm lurched around and tried to fold up on its own, and I was hanging on for dear life!..Then we ran into the electrical wires...”

In an age of advanced electronic sensors and fey wards, the Mark One Eyeball still has a major role. In order to facilitate sentries in their duties, Paladin Steel has created a series of portable and erectable watchtowers to allow guards some extra elevation. Mobile watchtowers are typically used for setting up security around temporary field camps and worksites, and for internal security.
Two different types of mobile watchtower are currently available; a ‘cherry picker’ model(The Type 1) and the ‘accordian tube’ type(The Type 2). Both types are mounted on pylon-stablized trailers that can be towed behind a vehicle, locked in place, and elevated to their operational position. The former is based on actual pre-Rifts designs; an articulated armature with a cab-pod on the top. Electrical actuators crank the tower into an upright position; a geared gravity-powered safety brake system lowers the tower.
The second type is based on erectable conning towers originally designed for amphibious tanks, mounted on the cupolas. The system consists of a collapsible ribbed tube of megadamage memory-plastics, with a watch-platform or armored cupola on the top. When fully extended for duty, the hollow tube’s internal ribbing acts both as structural reinforcement and as rungs for soldiers climbing up and down inside, allowing personnel to change station without having to lower the tower.
Both towers can be manned or used as mounts for remote sensors, as well as pintle-mount weapons and high-powered spotlights/floodlights(normal light/infrared). Both types have modest megadamage protection, enough to shrug off light to moderate weapons fire, but not sustained barrages(as any man at arms can tell you; ‘towers draw fire’). Both designs feature megadamage plasglas panels in the watchtower cabin, and basic airsealing(although soldiers assigned to watch-duty are advised to wear EBA). The wheeled trailer mounts feature retractable jacks to stabilize them and lift the wheels clear, and can also be fitted with drilling ground anchors or even Glitterboy-style laser-bore stabilization pylons to further anchor the towers into the ground. Portable generators/fuel cells can also be mounted in the trailer-base, or the towers can be hooked up to a central facility power grid.

Weight:(Type One) 2 tons +2 ton trailer
(TypeTwo) 1.5 tons +2 ton trailer
Size:(Type One) 40 ft elevation
(TypeTwo) 30 ft elevation; 6 ft diameter
MDC:(Type One) 200 MDC
(TypeTwo) 150 MDC
Crew Capacity: (Type One) 3 person cab
(TypeTwo) 2-3 persons
Cost:(Type One) 28,000 credits
(TypeTwo)20,000 credits
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

PS ‘Pummeler’ Urban Melee Weapon

PS ‘Pummeler’ Urban Melee Weapon

“ ‘Pummeler’ just sounds so...belligerent....”
“Well, they were going to call it the ‘Pacifier’, but we got enough guys addicted to their nightsticks already, that it would have done NOTHING for our image...”
“Willya lockerroom lawyers just shut up and bust some heads here!?Swing them sticks, girls!”
---Overheard during riot-suppression in New Tacoma, during a ‘Bloodleech Modonga’ concert

“I’m afraid of this thing...really I am..what if I hit the wrong stud and accidently blow away my partner, or attach myself to the side of a speeding truck passing by?”
“Been there, done that..you’ll survive...I did!”
---Rookie Officer Allister ‘Cupcake’ Morgan and Patrol Sargeant Micky ‘Loside’ Louisiolla, New Boston.

“Move along, move along, nothing to see here; lady’s just having a bad day...Move along and leave her alone, or YOU’LL be having a bad day.(*CRacKLE*)”
---Officer Hugal Mentz, Contract Security, in Elsonar’s ‘rogue district’.

The Pummeler is a multi-function nightstick-style weapon developed with melee combat, and specifically security forces, in mind. It was developed by Paladin Steel in concert with the New Burlington Police Department. Rumor has it, the Pummeler was secretly field-tested in the seedier parts of the Relic and Old Bones.
The Pummeler resembles an oversized(roughly 2.3 ft long) nightstick encased in thick, black, high-impact plastic(occasionally, it may be other colors, but black seems to be the favored color). Concealed within its sleek dark casing, however, are a variety of special tools to make the police officer’s job easier. The handle conceals a small laser cutter, with an emmitter that flips out of the end, for cutting through locked doors, or for cutting off a perp’s body armor. The end of the club hides four retractable prongs for a nueral zap-stick(copied from Coalition designs), while the hollow center tube(made of high-density megadamage metal), hides a stick-tape projector, reel, and extremely powerful little winch; the line can be fired(using a Magtech electro-magnetic driver coil) to grab a fleeing suspect, falling partner, or full the offider up the side of a building. the opposite end conceals a single-shot shotgun shell launcher or mini-grenade, for desperate situations. Furthermore, the weak electro-magnetic field generated by the internal Magtech coil can also be used to create a low-power magnetic repulsion field, particularly effective against metal melee weapons like vibroblades and the brawler’s friend, the lead pipe. The entire ‘stick is made of sturdy materials, and can be used to parry megadamage melee weapons.
Since its introduction, the Pummeler has become a favorite of cyborg(both partial- and full-conversion) security officers, military police, Juicers, Crazies, and, outside the GNE nations, some bloodsport gladiators. Many GNE Regular Army troops carry Pummelers as melee weapons for dealing with ‘soft’ targets.
Date of Introduction: 107 PA
Weight: 4 lbs
MDC: 30
Range:(Club) Melee
(Zapstick) Melee
(Line Thrower) 100 ft
(Laser Torch) 200 ft
(Shotgun Shell/Mini-Grenade) Varies---Most shotgun shells are 100-200 ft, Mini-grenades are 500 ft.
Damage:(Club) 2d6 SDC
(Zapstick)(Shock Damage---Generally nonlethal)
Light Prod: 1d4 SDC/HP
Moderate Prod: 2d6 SDC/HP
Lethal Zap: 5d6 SDC/HP, plus 01-33% chance of stunning humans, D-bees, and small animals for 1d4 melees, 01-33% against large or inhumanly strong/powerful animals. A successful save means victim takes HALF damage and only lose initiative and one APM.
Stun means -6 to strike, dodge, and parry, plus reduce APMs and Speed by HALF.
Being shocked on the strong/lethal setting for more than 5 times, or once the victim's Hit Points drop below half, means they are knocked unconscious for 2d4 melees. Chance of cardiac arrest as detailed in Rifts: Lone Star, pg. 50.
Ineffective against EBA, power armor, 'bots, and 'borgs.

(Line Thrower) None. Used as an entangling device, it adheres and holds with P.S. equivalent of 18, and has 2 MDC.
(Laser Torch) Varies; 1 SDC, 1d6 SDC, 3d6 SDC, 6d6 SDC, 1d4 MDC
(Shotgun Shell/Mini-Grenade) Varies:
*Standard Shotgun shell--5d6 SDC
*Standard Buckshot shell---4d6 SDC to 5 ft area
*Teargas shell---25 ft radius---victims are -10 to strike, parry, and dodge, -3 initiative, lose 1 melee attack/action, for the next 1d6+1 melees
*Baton shell---2d6 SDC, plus humans and human-sized D-Bees must roll a D20 to maintain their footing (must equal or surpass the attacker's roll to strike...Full rules in TNW p.174).
*Explosive 10-gauge shell---5d6 MD
*S-9Dex Incapacitation Munition ---Essentially a paper-shelled shotgun shell-sized gas-propelled 'cold rocket', packed full of taser beads. Beads powder on impact, reducing the chance of bystanders or ingoing police stepping on undischarged beads. Great for crowd control and dealing with closed-space situations(alleyways, rooms, vehicle interiors, etc...)
Effective Range: 200 feet, w/ 20 ft radius
Damage: Nil. Humanoids struck with this weapon must save vs. coma or be shocked unconscious for 1D6 minutes.
Cyborgs have a 60% chance of having their cybernetics disrupted for 1D10 minutes, and a 30% chance of a non-vital system being permanently shorted out.
*High Explosive-Grenade--- 500 ft range, 6d6 MD to 5 ft blast radius

Rate of Fire:(Club) ECHH
(Zapstick) ECHH
(Line Thrower) Once per melee(needs to rewind)
(Laser Torch) ECHH
(Shotgun Shell/Mini-Grenade) Single shot
Payload:(Club) None; it’s a blunt instrument!
(Zapstick) 50 lethal (strong)shocks, or 100 moderate--Uses a separate e-clip from the laser torch
(Line Thrower) One shot(reusable)
(Laser Torch)-- 20 MD shots per e-clip. Can only use short e-clips; 1 MD shot equals 10 SDC shots
(Shotgun Shell/Mini-Grenade)--1 shot
Bonuses: +2 to parry metal weapons (from magnetic repulsion field)
Special Features:
*Magnetic Repulsion Field---Can be used to divert metal objects(see bonuses)
*Sticky-grip Line Head(selective stick---comes unstuck with a twist of the handle)
*Power Winch---Able to pull up to 300 lbs
*Handle-Mount Flashlight---Small flashlight in the perpendicular handle, with a range of about 50 ft.
*Optional wrist loop---Can be used as a foot stirrup when in winch mode.
*Optional Glow Casing---Some security officers and agencies like to have a photo-chemical layer added to the casing. This doesn’t affect the Pummeler’s functions any, but does allow the outer casing of the weapon to glow brightly(glows one color, but a varieyty can be selected), like a lightstick...the ‘stick can then be used as a direction baton, or used to signal the user’s serious intent. This option costs an additional 300 credits.
*Optional ‘Sparker’ Feature---This is a gimmick designed to make the weapon look even more painful and frightening to perps; the weapon fairly crackles with white-blue electrical discharges up and down its length. Effectively has a Horror Factor of 10(13 for beings particularly susceptible to electricity) but otherwise all it does is add +1 SDC to damage for a contact strike. Costs an additional 700 credits. +200 credits for a sound-chip generated Ominous Huuummmmm...
*Optional MicroMissile---For those people who just HAVE to have absurd firepower options in a melee weapon, this replaces the shotgun/grenade with a single micromissile; Patterns 1A-1C can be fitted(though the shotgun/grenade CANNOT be fitted).
Range:
Pattern-1A 5,700 ft
Pattern-1B 6,000 ft
Pattern-1C 6,000 ft
Damage/Bonuses:
Pattern-1A---1d4 MD to 2 ft blast radius
Pattern-1B---1d6 MD to 5 ft blast radius
Pattern-1C---4d6 MD to 4 ft blast radius, or 1d4 MD to a 10 ft blast radius in fragmentation mode
Rate of Fire: Single shot
Bonuses:
Pattern-1A (None) Spin-Stabilized
Pattern-1B (None) Gyro-Compass Chip
Pattern-1C (+1 to strike, in addition to W.P. Heavy bonuses. The Pattern-1C can also be set to be a ‘beam rider’, following a laser illuminator ‘painted’ on the target for an extra +2 to strike. However, this requires expediture of an extra attack per melee on the part of the gunner to keep the laser illuminator on target) Gyro-Compass Chip, Laser-Sensor Microchip, Radar Trigger Chip.
Payload: Single shot
Cost: 1,000 credits
Pattern-1A 25 credits per McM
Pattern-1B 32 credits per McM
Pattern-1C 60 credits per McM

Cost: 4,000 credits
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
abtex
Champion

Re: PS ‘Pummeler’ Urban Melee Weapon

Unread post by abtex »

Nice Different. Is the range on this option right?

*Optional ‘Sparker’ Feature---This is a gimmick designed to make the weapon look even more painful and frightening to perps; the weapon fairly crackles with white-blue electrical discharges up and down its length. Effectively has a Horror Factor of 10(13 for beings particularly susceptible to electricity) but otherwise all it does is add +1 SDC to damage for a contact strike. Costs an additional 700 credits. +200 credits for a sound-chip generated Ominous Huuummmmm...
*Optional MicroMissile---For those people who just HAVE to have absurd firepower options in a melee weapon, this replaces the shotgun/grenade with a single micromissile; Patterns 1A-1C can be fitted(though the shotgun/grenade CANNOT be fitted).
Range:
Pattern-1A 5,700 ft
Pattern-1B 6,000 ft
Pattern-1C 6,000 ft

taalismn
Priest

abtex wrote:Nice Different. Is the range on this option right?

Range:
Pattern-1A 5,700 ft
Pattern-1B 6,000 ft
Pattern-1C 6,000 ft

Yep...but if you dislike, then, don't use it as an option...simply stick to the shotgun shell...
I was using some speculative figures from a Popular Mechanics(or was it Science) article on a future trooper with 13mm rocket projectiles when I was making the micro-missiles, combined with the microchips from Ninjas & Superspies...or else you can say it's Golden Age chemistry unearthed...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Rogue_Scientist wrote:Almost completely off topic, but I always liked the Neural Sticks from RUE. Very commonly overlooked.

This thing looks interesting, but probably packs too many gadgets in one, imo. Just like in the real world, when you start doing that in-game, imo, there should be some trade-offs.

~RS

Sure...It's a niche design with technophile snob appeal....probably some poor buyer will still be trying to figure out all the options in combat when some tramp ups and brains them with a three-dollar hunk of lead pipe...BUt I've known people who prefer simple basic tools to the all-in-one 'Leatherman' tools...and others who buy such all-in-ones and use them to death, in order to egt their money's worth...

Paladin Steel Advises: Know What You NEED Before Buying What You WANT...Check the rest of our catalogue to make sure there isn't something better suited for you, rather than buy something with more than you'll ever need...We'd rather you came back later when you have it made, to buy for pleasure, than send you away now thinking you've been railroaded into buying a piece of kludge with expensive geegaws welded on...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

Re: Paladin Steel Erectable Watchtowers

Very nice Taalismn! This has a lot of uses. I think that even the CS might buy it too duplicate it! It is very useful.

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

Another very nice device Taalismn! Love the options! PS always has such nice toys! I've already made my order!

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

Thanks...Order now, and you get free donuts for your security forces... :D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Aramanthus wrote:Very nice Taalismn! This has a lot of uses. I think that even the CS might buy it too duplicate it! It is very useful.

Got the idea from existing portable systems...seemed too simple and effective to pass up, so I wouldn't be surprised if the CS had its own versions...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Thanks...good for your big outdoor events, temporary camps, and security barricades...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
abtex
Champion

Re: Kitbash Vehicles--Paladin Steel ONTOS II

Unread post by abtex »

Aramanthus wrote:It would be interesting to see a vehicle with a hamster wheel powering it! :D

Will a Buzzball do? :D
Now just need some way to arm the thing.

Is the Paladin Steel ‘Gun-Ripper’ Medium Tank a M42 Duster or based on one?.
Last edited by abtex on Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

taalismn
Priest

abtex wrote:
Aramanthus wrote:It would be interesting to see a vehicle with a hamster wheel powering it! :D

Is the Paladin Steel ‘Gun-Ripper’ Medium Tank a M42 Duster or based on one?.

The Gun-Ripper's based on the Russian ZSU-23 flak tank, more than the Duster...Upgrading the Duster would take some work, since many of my vehicles already have the ability to mount comparable twin 20mm cannons....though PS does have the 23mm Arden MG/autocannon that could be substituted.

The Buzzball? It would make a great alien tank...armament would be in the form of internal articulated weapons mounts that could be run out through sealable gunports on each facet of the spheroid...Would be a really STRANGE(possibly non-humanoid) species to have built such a think and made it practical as a fighting vehicle...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

taalismn wrote:
abtex wrote:

Would be a really STRANGE(possibly non-humanoid) species to have built such a thing and made it practical as a fighting vehicle...

Aramanthus?

taalismn
Priest

Substitute 'hamster' with 'giant wombat' and you might have the makings for an exotic Australian vehicle... :D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Paladin Steel M65 Skorpion III Light Tank

Paladin Steel M65 Skorpion III Light Tank

“Heh...done right, little buggers like ‘Davie’ here can be real murder to armor...We once dropped four of these with drogues and landing cradles from a tree-skimming C-130 and maneuvered them into position in one of the Kentucky valleys...Had word that the Dharma Boys...that bunch of kill-krazy mercs that killed Wilton-Town, remember?...were making a run back towards CS territory in the area...We went to ground, stealthed and camou’ed, and laid down for a wait, hoping to catch’em before the local wildlife began sniffing around us...
Sure enough, here came the Dharmas with their ATVs and their old CS-surplus Mark V, runnin’ from what we learned later was a Fed of Mage posse tracking them...They were in a hurry, so that might explain their sloppiness, but I’d rather think it was our skill that done the trick, but we got maybe twelve-fifteen rounds into them before they figured out they’d been bushwacked...Broke their column apart and all their heavies drilled through and through...
I wouldn’t wanna go up against fast-movers like gargoyles or SAMAS with a Skorp, but against regular armor and even big slow uglies like dinos and ‘bots, with the right planning, light armor like ‘Davie’ can lay down some real pinpoint hypervelcoity icepick-stabbin’ hurt. ”

The PS-M65 Skorpion III is a Paladin Steel experiment in developing a light-weight low-cost artillery support vehicle small enough to be deployed with Marine units, airborne merc units, rapid response security forces, and paratrooper companies. The Skorpion III is based loosely on descriptions of a pre-Rifts American Empire vehicle, the M-56 Scorpion, that was used briefly in the same role.
The M65 uses hull and drivetrain components from PS’s discontinued PS-LBT-01 Jeb-Stuart Light Tank, adds an upgraded powerplant system, bolts on some additional plate, and completely replaces the turret. The crew now remains entirely in the main hull, the turret being replaced with a remote-operated gun-mount and a long-barreled 80mm massdriver cannon. The Skorpion III was the first vehicle to test the new PS-MD80L, a longer-ranged version of the venerable 80mm massdriver cannon popular on other PS light AFVs. The longer-barreled weapon with its greater number of stator rings for acelerating the ordnance, has longer range in both direct and indirect fire modes. For backup, the M65 carries a co-axial laser rifle alongside the main gun, and a smaller ball-mount energy weapon in the forward glacis plate. Some additional armor has been added, and a more durable tread has been mounted.
Automation replaces the need for the two extra crewmen of the original, though a single passenger can squeeze inside the hull if necessary.
The PS-M56 saw about fifty units produced before Paladin Steel and the Greater New England military both decided that the successes of the PSPA-11 and PSPA-12 power armors both gave the airborne forces a more versatile and mobile heavy weapons capability. The Skorpion III was dropped from consideration as a mainline battle unit and existing examples were transferred to the Reserves and State Militia. From there a few examples have made their way into the hands of mercenary units, and subcontracting firms within the GNE continue to produce a handful of examples every year for buyers on a contractual basis. This accounts for the limited number of options available to the Skorpion III, as it is considered already to be a variant/derivation of an existing design.
Type: PS-M65 Skorpion III
Class: Light Tank/Self-Propelled Gun
Crew: 2+1 passenger
MDC/Armor by Location:
Main Body 250
Reinforced Crew Compartment 100
Treads(2) 80 each
Ion Pulse Gun(1, forward glacis plate) 40
Turret 110
Height: 6.7 ft
Width: 8 ft
Length: 19 ft
Weight: 7 tons
Cargo: Small space behind the crew for survival packs, sidearms, and a few small personal possessions.
Powerplant: Fuel Cell Electric or Nuclear w/ 15-year energy life.
Speed:55 MPH; could cross trenches as wide as 8 ft, and climb grades of 35 degrees.
If the treads are destroyed, the tank can move, albeit slowly, on its road wheels at 20 MPH.
Market Cost: 480,000 credits for the electric, and 1.2 million credits for the nuclear
Systems of Note:
Standard Power Armor Systems, plus:

*Gun Periscope---A retractable sensor mast with optics and a laser sight(+1 to strike). Can extend up about 6 ft, allowing the AFV’s crew to observe from behind cover/concealment.

Weapons Systems:
1) 80mm LB Gauss Cannon(PS-MD80L)---This is a longer-barreled, and longer-ranged, version of the 80mm massdriver. The weapon is mounted in a large remote controlled turret atop the tank, and is fed from two rotary magazines straddling the back of the weapon. A special dial-selection system allows the gunner to select the desired ammunition from the rotary drums, and the weapon loaded for firing by an autoloader. The turret has 360-degree rotation and 50-degree elevation.
Weight: 5,800 lbs (2.9 tons)
Range: (Direct Fire)25,000 ft (6 miles)
(Indirect Fire) 62,500 ft (14.5 miles)
Damage: High Explosive(HE)----1d4x10 MD to 15 ft radius
High Explosive Anti-Tank(HEAT)---- 3d4x10 MD to 5 ft radius
Fragmentation--- 5d6 MD to 30 ft radius
Plasma----- 1d6x10 MD to 20 ft radius
(APFSDSDU)(Armor Piercing Fin Stabilized Discarding Sabot Depleted Uranium) 3d6x10 MD out to 6,600 ft, 2d4x10 MD out to maximum range
Rate of Fire: 5 shots per melee
Payload: 44 rounds(22 rounds per ammo cassette). With the right equipment( two man reloading team with a truck, or a power armor) an ammunition cassette can be replaced/reloaded in 1 melee from an external resupply source.

2) Co-Axial Laser Cannon---An adapted JA-12-style laser rifle is mounted to fire alongside the main gun.
Range: 4,000 ft
Damage: 4d6 MD single shot, 1d6x10+10 MD triple burst
Rate of Fire: Standard
Payload: 100 shot battery for fuel cell models, effectively unlimited for nuclear-powered models

3) Forward Ion Pulse-Gun---Mounted in a ball-mount in the forward glacis plate and operated by the driver is an ion pulse-weapon, a variant of the popular PSIP-2 ‘Smasher’ series. Mount has a 45-degree arc of fire.
Range: 800 ft
Damage: 4d6 MD single shot
1d4x10 MD per three-shot burst
Rate of Fire: Standard
Payload: 100 shot battery for fuel cell models, effectively unlimited for nuclear-powered models. Can also use a back-up e-clip system; 30 shots short e-clip, 60 shots long e-clip
Options: Like the handgun version, the vehicle-mounted version can be similarly modified for extra effect/power:
Note: It takes a person with the Weapons Engineer skill a successful roll and about 5 minutes to install and test one of the following modules, those with the Armorer/Field Armorer skill about 10 minutes, and someone following the printed instructions about 30-45 minutes to install/swap modules.

*Ion Scatter-Shot Module---This is a barrel clip-on that turns the PSIP-2 into a short range shotgun with an area of effect blast. Reduce range to 400 ft, but does 4d6 MD to a 10 ft wide area. Cost: 5,000 credits

*Ion Booster Module---Another barrel attachment that boosts the range of the ion bolts, albeit with a small reduction in damage capability. Reduce damage to 3d6 MD, but boost range to 1,500 ft. Cost: 7,000 credits

*Ion Focal Booster Module---Aka ‘Puncher’---This barrel attachment improves the focus of the ion pulse density, improving damage at the cost of range. Reduce range to 400 ft, but up damage to 5d6 MD per shot. Cost: 5,000 credits.

*Laser Sight Module---Another underbarrel attachment, this consists of an improved laser sight that adds a bonus to strike, but the laser also creates a temporary ‘guidepath’ of disturbed/ionized air that slightly improves the striking power of the ion bolts. +2 to Strike, and +3 to damage per bolt. This can be used in conjunction with the other barrel attachments, but added damage is reduced to +2 MD. Cost: 1,000 credits

*Ion Step-Down Module---This barrel attachment, rather than increase range or power, actually ‘steps down’ the power of ion bolts into the SDC range, and modulates their effect, making the weapon in effect a ‘super-taser’(albeit it with flash-burns). An added power regulation chip allows the weapon to use less power in SDC mode. CAN be used in conjunction with the the Laser Sight Module. Switching between MD/SDC modes takes 2 actions. Popular with urban security and police units.
Range:(SDC shots) 600 ft
Damage: 1d6 SDC shock-burn. Plus, victims must make a save of 14 or better, or be -8 to strike, parry, and dodge for 2d6 melees. A savings throw versus non-lethal poison means the person is unimpaired. 25% chance of knocking out unshielded cybernetics for 1d4 melees.
Payload: One MD shot equals 10 SDC shots
Cost: 4,000 credits

4) Smoke Mortars(2)---Mounted on the sides of the turret are two gas grenade launchers for providing covering smoke.
Range: 500 ft
Damage: None, smoke(chemical agents such as tear gas can be substituted) in 10 ft radius.
Rate of Fire: Volleys of 1,2,3, 4, or 6
Payload: 6 smoke grenades per launcher, 12 total

Options:
*Amphibious----The Skorpion III can be watersealed and equipped with flotation units and a propeller drive, allowing it to cross relatively calm/still bodies of water at a leisurely 12 MPH.
Cost: 7,000 credits

*IR Baffling---A passive stealth system that uses special exhausts for the engine and crew compartment, as well as insulation and heatsink systems, to alter and lower the tank’s thermal signature. -20% to detect/target the tank using thermal imaging. Cost: 18,000 credits

*Camou-Shroud---A variant of PS’s portable ‘scrambler’ shelter, only larger to cover the tank. This is a portable folding shelter that can be erected in minutes, providing protection from the elements, limited megadamage protection, as well as concealment from electronic and infra-red/thermographic detection.
The ‘Shelter’ consists of a yard-long ‘can’ that looks like a large drum. When activated, about a dozen articulated ‘spider leg’ structural members of carbon composite branch out, anchor themselves in the ground, and form the skeleton of a dome-shaped igloo roughly 7 ft tall by 20 ft in diameter. The pod then deploys a cover sheet of special plastics, with a camouflage print, and integral sensor-baffling elements.
The Camouflage pattern sheet can be chemo-switched to any one of seven different configurations. The support elements create a degaussing ‘bubble’ that scrambles radar signals(incoming and outgoing), as well as disrupting magnetic resonances(fouling Magnetic Anomaly Detectors), while the fabric itself insulates and disipates the infra-red and thermal emissions and signatures of the occupants, rendering tjose means of detection less effective.
Care must be taken in setting up the Shelter---The igloo is not invisible to naked eyeball optical searches, so ‘blending’ the shelter into the natural landscape contours is essential for best results. For maximum comfort, a ground sheet or surfacing can be put down first.
The entire shelter can deploy/retract for stowage in 1 melee
MDC: The tent provides about 60 MDC of protection, however, against explosions, it is less effective(being non-rigid, shockwaves pass through its fabric), so explosives will do HALF damage to the occupants, regardless of how much MDC is left in the tent.
Special Features:
*Water-proofing
*Fire Proofing---Can handle temperatures up to 300 degrees centigrade. Normal fires do NO damage
*Minimal Radiation Shielding--The fabric shell provides some protection against radiation(such as that from expended U-rounds laying nearby, or fallout), but is not recommended for protection in ‘hot’ zones (good for maybe 5-6 minutes of exposure).
*Chameleon-cloth Fabric---Can assume one of seven pre-set color configurations.
*Thermal Insulation-Infrared and Thermographic sensors are -20% to detect the shelter.
*Electronic Insulation- Radar, MAD, and EM sensors are -15% to detect the shelter
*Extendable Fiber-optic Periscope
Cost: 80,000 credits; currently unavailable outside GNE military forces and approved affiliates.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

Is there any sort of discount for good customers? And can we still get coffee with our donuts for a large enough order? :D

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

It is a great way to keep the unrulely neighbors out! :D

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

That "Buzzball" thing looks great for people who can tolerate that sort of movement. Sorry I was busy with reality and gaming over the weekend. :D

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

Re: Paladin Steel M65 Skorpion III Light Tank

Very nice new vehicle from PS! And it has a nice load of optional stuff. I can't wait to see more new PS material!

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

Yeah...well, besides the big main productuion lines, PS does a lot of custom work, one-offs, and limited runs(largely for field-testing, or because some newer and better technology gets perfected, forcing a re-think of the PS/GNE self-defense force acquisitions needs...).
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

NOw to make the concept actually WORK...(intense contemplation)
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Yeah...that and mine fields...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Aramanthus wrote:Is there any sort of discount for good customers? And can we still get coffee with our donuts for a large enough order? :D

You still have yet to tell me about your kingdom, so we can figure out what discount, if any, we're negotiating with youse...

And genuine Coffee's a gold-weight commodity in Rifts Earth...doubt the Columbians are growing much of it, and PS gets most of its beans from other dimensions(either paying for it, or mercenary Shifters ransacking stores :D )..
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

I'm sure a lot of Merc companies and small nations will be clamouring for this piece of PS equipment! I know I have people looking forward to selling PS gear.

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

That will be fun to see finished as a PB product! :D Any idea when we can expect it?

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

And lots of botweilers won't hurt any either! :D

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

I've mentioned it before. I suppose I'll have to PM you with more details. Since some of what they produce can't be posted here. You know what that is like. :)

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

Yep, so can I. I think they'd probably spend a certain level of the annual budget to keep PS gear in their inventories.

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

Paladin Steel 80mm ‘Pulverizer’ Super-Heavy Shotgun

*Cough*munchkin alert*cough*

Paladin Steel 80mm ‘Pulverizer’ Super-Heavy Shotgun
Paladin Steel has some scary people on their payroll---That’s the only explanation for this monstrousity; an 80mm pump-action shotgun. Supposedly it was made on a dare; you know; “betcha can’t make a rifle this honking big”, since the only people who can safely use this mother don’t really need it. So toting this giant cannon with a bore you can stick your arm down is mainly for appearances. It’s big, it’s loud, it’s scary as hell, especially when a round is chambered and it’s pointed right at somebody. Only cyborgs, power armors, and the superhumanly strong can carry, let alone fire, the freakin’ thing. Maybe the projectile weapon design people were feeling a little...diminished...when somebody started importing those freaking ATL-7s from South America into the country, and this is their chest-beating, testosteronic reply. Or maybe PS’s marketing policies aren’t as ‘common people’-friendly as they say they are.
Technically, the weapon is straightforward; a six-foot-long big-bore cannon with a tubular magazine and pump action slung under the barrel. The barrel’s a composite of interlaced carbon fiber lined with refractory ceramic...tough enough to replace gun-steel, and light enough to shave the barrel weight normally associated with a howitzer to a ‘manageable’ heft...if you normally tote around full-grown adult men in your arms or juggle cast iron bowling balls all day, that is. The muzzle-brake’s a nice touch; it’s also removable with a screw-on/off action for those intending to use fletchette rounds, and don’t wanna blow the end of their own gun off. The pump-slide comes with a foregrip handle both to assist in stabilizing the ‘futzer when firing, and to help chamber the next round; anybody with a Strength of less than a Juicer is going to need both hands to crank it back, but the sound of a fresh round being loaded is like the clack of doom, especially when the target’s only a few yards away. The rear half of the gun’s nothing but shock absorber and firing brace; for anyone with a less than superhuman constitution or a bionic torso, the recoil kills with rib-crushing ease. The Pulverizer throws a soup-can-sized shell at low velocity; any higher and the recoil would shatter the buttstock and the poor sap holding it. But an eighty-millimeter shell packs a LOT of throw weight of explosive or shrapnel. In an enclosed space, like a building, the only difference between getting hit with a frag round from a Pulverizer and a fletchette round from a BoomGun is like describing the difference between chunky and chunkless salsa. Of course, the only people making the shells is Paladin Steel, so anybody buying this thunder-gun is advised to buy in bulk, in case the whole experiment tanks, or get themselves a good alternate ammunition supplier who can copy the cut-down eighty-millimeter cartridges.
About the only good point, from the perspective of rabbits, foot-grunts, and other tempting targets for this nimrod nightmare, is that the range is only a thousand yards...less than that for most artillery pieces of this caliber, but far more than most shotguns...still, that leaves anybody in a mile-wide area in dire danger from this weapon, which is clearly meant for the trigger-happy firepower fanatic with more money and muscle than sense.
Despite the fact that there are far more convenient weapons available on the market, that make much more sense, like rail guns, mortars, and missile launchers, Paladin Steel has sold enough Pulverizers to put it in its catalogue for general sale, establishing it as a niche-market weapon, rather than a one-off workshop special. That means that over a hundred of these boom-sticks have been sold and are out there in the wilderness...You scared yet?
I’ve heard some of the bigger full-con ‘borgs joke about PS working on an eighty-eight millimeter sniper rifle...I sure hope that’s not true, but the mere existance of the Pulverizer tells me that if the alcohol’s flowing enough, somebody at PS just might see if they really could do it...

---Dawn ‘Sasquatch’ O’Malley, regular columnist for the MercTown Targetter.

Paladin Steel Catalogue #7824
Weight: 220 lbs
Range: 3,000 ft
Damage: (Solid Slug) 2d4x10 MD
(Fragmentation)5d6 MD to 30 ft radius
(Fletchette) 1d6x10 MD to a 30-degree wide arc, out to 500 ft, 4d6 MD out to 1,000 ft
(High Explosive)1d4x10 MD to 15 ft radius
(High Explosive Anti-Tank(HEAT))3d4x10 MD to 5 ft radius
(Plasma)1d6x10 MD to 20 ft radius
(HESH )(High Explosive Squash Head) - 7D6 MD plus 7D6 SDC to the person(s) inside the object....Particularly effective against power armors and vehicles without a reinforced pilot’s compartment
Rate of Fire:Single shot, each trigger pull
Payload: 5 shots in a tubular magazine
Penalties: Can only be used effectively by beings with an enhanced P.S. of 25 or greater
Note: (Optional) Horror Factor---You thought the Bandito Arms BigBore was bad with an H.F. of 10? The Pulverizer has an HF of 13 pointed in somebody’s face...
Cost: 75,000 credits
(Solid Slug)400 credits
(Fragmentation) 600 credits
(Fletchette) 800 credits
(High Explosive) 950 credits
(High Explosive Anti-Tank(HEAT)) 1,000 credits
(Plasma) 1,500 credits
(HESH )(High Explosive Squash Head) -1,500 credits
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Lord_Coake wrote:You know, even though it'd be unofficial as hell and certainly going through back channels, I can easily see CS officers in charge of remote border outposts and such buying a lot of PS gear to supplement their own stuff.

Cheap. Durable. Easy. Effective. Army's best friend.

THAT kinda makes me wish we bugged our products with mini-GPS trackers or the like(no magic...Dog Boys would pick up on the magic). :-D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Aramanthus wrote:I've mentioned it before. I suppose I'll have to PM you with more details. Since some of what they produce can't be posted here. You know what that is like. :)

Whatever details you can shoot my way...please... :-)
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

PhelanMahoney wrote:Does the Pummeler have an optional donut carrier or doe PM carry a personal assistant robot for that?

Nope...But we're working on the personal robots....

WALL-E---Proof you CAN have an effective robot character without a big per-unit construction budget... :D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

Re: Paladin Steel 80mm ‘Pulverizer’ Super-Heavy Shotgun

I think it's a great weapon. Now you just have to come up with a version that has the firepower of the AA-12. Check it out! It's worth turning into a new borg weapon! We'll sell a lot of these weapons!

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

Hmmm. Have to check that out Taalismn! We can call it research! I'll send you what I can. You have to understand it's mostly hand written. Including this monster base that would be miles across. In reality the map mearsures around 6 to 8 feet on a side. I lost the map for years. I only managed to find it again recently.

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

Aramanthus wrote:I think it's a great weapon. Now you just have to come up with a version that has the firepower of the AA-12. Check it out! It's worth turning into a new borg weapon! We'll sell a lot of these weapons!

Got a link for that?
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Aramanthus wrote:Hmmm. Have to check that out Taalismn! We can call it research! I'll send you what I can. You have to understand it's mostly hand written. Including this monster base that would be miles across. In reality the map mearsures around 6 to 8 feet on a side. I lost the map for years. I only managed to find it again recently.

Give me a lcocation and description...don't need a honking big map at this point...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

Here is one.

Quick read makes me wonder if it's the ammo, gun or mix of the two that makes it a nice weapon.

Here is the shotgun page on a site I like on weapons
South Africa Neostead is a different shotgun design but I have found several good ideas based on it.

taalismn
Priest

Hmmm..need some new 'silly' names for outrageous weapons
Got the 'Pummeler' and the 'Pulverizer'
'Meatifier'
'Bone-Grinder'
'Liquifier'
'Jellinator'
'Tenderizer'
'Spamohammer'?
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

Don't worry I'll give you some nice information a little later. Probably tomorrow. I mean today.

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

Cool! I can't wait to see the new weapons that come out due to those great links someone nicely provided! Thank you guys!

HH....FIE

Return to “Rifts®”