New (Cool) Mecha Design

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Rathorc Lemenger
Hero
Comment: I am the explorer Extreme. Searcher of all things mysterious and interesting. FEAR ME.

New (Cool) Mecha Design

Unread post by Rathorc Lemenger »

I was wondering how I'd go about creating this mecha:
http://machine56.deviantart.com/art/Mec ... s-40487724 ??
I figured that I'd ask about creating it out of curiousity. I don't really know how I'd go about creating it. And yes, I do know that it's a picture done by someone else, but, like I said: Curiousity.

Signed,
Rathorc Lemenger.
SoulofThunder
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by SoulofThunder »

that looks the stuff right there. be hard to make in the current HU system imo.

i really wish there would be a hardware/cyborg/robot source book put out. those some very ignored archetypes that deserve an official update.
Rathorc Lemenger
Hero
Comment: I am the explorer Extreme. Searcher of all things mysterious and interesting. FEAR ME.

Well, yes, I know that. It's just that I'm curious as to how I'd go about creating it (tried to ask on the Rifts part of the forum but it got deleted, along with another question that I had posted on there). A Hardware/Cyborg/Robot Sourcebook would be nice. Something similar to the Rifts Bionic Sourcebook.

Signed,
Rathorc Lemenger.
Daniel Stoker
Knight
Comment: Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

Unread post by Daniel Stoker »

I think it would just be a 'robot exoskeleton' that you could build with some sort of gun and... well a heck of a lot of cylinders that apparently do something?

Daniel Stoker
Judaism - More Old School than either Christianity or Islam.
Rathorc Lemenger
Hero

I'd like to think of them as Missile Launchers/Armor (ineresting combination for the military/weapon nuts). Can you imagine what effect it'd have on your enemies??? Can you say: Change o' pants??? :D I know that I would [u]NOT[/u] want to be on the bisness end of that weapon system, sir...

Signed,
Rathorc Lemenger.
Daniel Stoker
Knight
Comment: Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

Unread post by Daniel Stoker »

Considering where some of those are, I'd be considered what shooting of that many mini-missiles would do to YOUR pants. :p

Daniel Stoker
Judaism - More Old School than either Christianity or Islam.
Rathorc Lemenger
Hero

True... True. But not all of them [u]HAVE[/u] to be missile lauchers. They could also be bays to hold the missiles or even sensors. The bottom 2 could be thrusters for limited flight.

Signed,
Rathorc Lemenger.
znbrtn
Hero

Unread post by znbrtn »

i think this could very easily be a situationally alterable weapon system of some sort(hereafter referred to as SAWS). perhaps the main gun is capable of accepting a wide array of different rounds(contained in the cylinders), from standard rounds to minimissiles to more unusual fare such as capture foam and extreme-long-range rounds(think of how a rocket gets into space; constantly ejecting parts of itself , becoming a smaller and smaller craft).
look up in the sky, it's a bird, it's a plane, it's Airman, *****, and i'm bringin' the pain!
i got a fan installed in my grill, no lie, i'm gonna blow your *** straight off the map, goodbye!
LeeNapier
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by LeeNapier »

Some of those cylinders have GOT to be batteries. ;)

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”