Erick Wujcik, podcast and life

The latest thoughts and ramblings from the Palladium Books staff.

Moderator: AlexM

Kevin
Yeah, The Publisher Guy

Erick Wujcik, podcast and life

Unread post by Kevin »

Erick’s Birthday Bash

Saturday, January 26, 2008, 150 friends and family gathered to celebrate Erick Wujcik’s 57th birthday. It was awesome to see all the love and affection for my wonderful friend. You can read all about it and see photos tomorrow when we post an "official report." More photos will follow on the erickwujcik.com blog and Erick’s own website, I’m sure.

Gateway to the Megaverse® Podcast
with Erick Wujcik and me

I was going to say that if you missed the podcast Monday night, you missed something special. But that’s the beauty of podcasts, you can download the interview long after it aired live. And you don’t want to miss this one.

I’m told there were 35 live listeners, and in less than 24 hours, there have been approximately 130 downloads; a new record.

I highly recommend downloading this two hours of fun. Erick was in great form (he’s always an excellent speaker and storyteller), and we had fun goofing around and talking about the Detroit Gaming Center, life in China (his, not mine), game design, writing, Mystic China, Dragons and Gods, Ninja Turtles, martial arts, dodging cobras, Tibetan Monks, cancer, chemo, how he’s feeling, high hopes, new projects, Erick’s RPGs getting admitted in the Library of Congress, the Amber international exchange program, and a host of other interesting topics. We blathered on for 2+ hours. It was great. Reminiscent of epic panel discussions when Erick and I would speak together at conventions. Of course, I let Erick do most of the talking because who knows when we might have an opportunity to get him on the show again.

http://www.talkshoe.com/talkshoe/web/ta ... 867&cmd=tc

Hanging with my friend, Erick

I was having a miserable day Monday until Erick showed up. He had a long day too, sorting through one of three, large storage bays with volunteer helpers, in icy cold weather. We immediately started chatting about the birthday party and a bunch of other stuff before Erick laid down for a short nap to recharge his energy for the podcast.

After the podcast, we gave a mutual pal a short telephone call (hey, John) and then Erick, Wayne, Alex and I chatted while he signed 40-50 books. Funny, I’ve had Erick sign piles of books over the years, but always for Christmas Grab Bags, conventions and other people. I had very few (a half dozen?) in my own, private collection, so I had Erick sign a mound of books for me and a handful for possible resale in auctions or conventions and such. Erick was a good sport, signed it all and asked for MORE. God, I love that guy.

As usual, time flew by and we suddenly realized it was 9:40 PM and Erick had to go home and get some rest before tackling the next two storage bays the next day.

A few more Ebay Auctions after all, thanks to Erick

Much to Alex’s relief, I had reported at the end of the year that there would be no more auctions in 2008. Poor Alex is the workhorse who handles ALL the auctions for me as well as the online store. Well, we figured we were done with auctions after the eight last year. HOWEVER, Erick unearthed some real treasures in storage and gave me four or five boxes of stuff. It included an entire box of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle RPGs (we had only file copies left, none to sell), a dozen Trans-Dimensional Ninja Turtles (we only had FIVE copies throughout the entire office), a bunch of other TMNT sourcebooks, and other odds and ends like uncut Amber covers, art xeroxes and some actual artwork, including a number of Kevin Long originals. He gave it all to me to sell to help out Palladium Books. That’s the kind of guy Erick is. Thanks pal, I love you.

So I guess we’ll host a handful of small (20-25 item) auctions in the months to come. Maybe a few before Palladium’s big move and a few later in the year. Start saving your money NOW. Don’t know yet as we haven’t even dug through everything yet.

Gotta run, busy working on Robotech®. It's looking good.

Sincerely,
Kevin Siembieda
Publisher, Writer, Artist, and Lucky Friend

© Copyright January 29,2008 Palladium Books Inc. All rights reserved.
Rifts®, The Rifter®, RECON®, Splicers®, Palladium Books®, Phase World®, The Palladium Fantasy Role-Playing Game®, Megaverse®, Nightbane®, The Mechanoids®, The Mechanoid Invasion®, Coalition Wars® and After the Bomb® are Registered Trademarks of Palladium Books Inc. Heroes Unlimited, Beyond the Supernatural, and other published book titles, names, slogans and likenesses are trademarks of Palladium Books Inc., and Kevin Siembieda.

Robotech® and Robotech® The Shadow Chronicles® are Registered Trademarks of Harmony Gold USA, Inc.

Return to “Murmurs from the Megaverse®”