Macross Frontier

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Shawn Merrow
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Macross Frontier

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

For those interested in the new Macross series here is some info.

Yoko Kanno, Heroine's Voice Announced for New Macross (Updated)

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
MacrossManual
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by MacrossManual »

Yeah, it's looking good. I'm hoping for some more information though. They haven't released much at this point.
Aramanthus
Monk

Unread post by Aramanthus »

Thank you for the link and the update. Please keep us informed on this for the future! I know many here will be interested.
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE
batlchip
Hero
Comment: Even the great thinkers and writers in history messed up sometimes.

Unread post by batlchip »

Sweet! thank you for the info 8)
Who is evil?
Who is joy
Who is pain
Who is death
Who is good
Who is blind
Who is foolish
Who is smart
Me and you that's who
For we are mankind.
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Have to keep my eyes out for that one.....see what will come of it all...
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

I'm hoping to get ahold of that around here if it shows up in the neighborhood.
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

HH....FIE
MacrossManual
Dungeon Crawler

Now here's some great news: Graham just posted on Macross World that Macross Frontier should be airing by second quarter 2008! He also said some new information about the series should be showing up around December this year. Yahoo! :)
Ice Dragon
Hero

Unread post by Ice Dragon »

Thx for the link.
It is always a bad thing when political matters are allowed to affect the planning of operations (Field Marshal Erwin Rommel, 1943)

Nelly ~ He's one romantic smooth operator and a true old school gentleman. Heck he's an Austrian officer, it's in his blood.

Co-Holder with Jefffar of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

10 + 100 Geek Points (Danger + Shawn Merrow)
Protoculture

Unread post by Protoculture »

MacrossManual wrote:Now here's some great news: Graham just posted on Macross World that Macross Frontier should be airing by second quarter 2008! He also said some new information about the series should be showing up around December this year. Yahoo! :)

That's good news!

Although, from what I heard, Macross Frontiers will be set in futuristic 2070AD, where Frontier colonisation mission had to fend off attacks by some sort 'space monsters' (uhh, Supervision Army's relics, or AFOS-like thingie from Mac Zero?). As long as there are kick-arse Valkyries, I'm in!
Aramanthus
Monk

I hoping they'll release it here in the states at that time. I'm also hoping I can get a hold of a copy here in Racine, WI when it does come out.

HH....FIE
Protoculture

Aramanthus wrote:I hoping they'll release it here in the states at that time. I'm also hoping I can get a hold of a copy here in Racine, WI when it does come out.

Unlikely.... only SDFM: Macross, Macross Plus & Macross II that are available in the States.

You'd have to rely on imported Macross DVDs (Macross DYRL, Macross Zero, Macross 7, Macross Frontiers) from Hong Kong, or Japan. Or just order 'em from Canada.
Aramanthus
Monk

Thank you for the information. :(

HH....FIE
MacrossManual
Dungeon Crawler

New information on Macross Frontier (thanks to kresphy on Macross World)!

A.D.207X, The colonization fleet Macross Frontier is traveling.
On the fleet, some 10 million people live peacefully. There is a TOP IDOL Shery Nome(シェリル・ノーム).
Ranka Lee meet pilot training student Alto(早乙女アルト)on the way to concert.
However, Macross Frontier are raided by the powerful attack, the peace is broken...
What about Alto? What about MF's people choice?
New Macross Story is continued...

New Pictures!
http://www.un-spacy-qmtdb.com/Macross%20DYRL/macrossfrontier-1.jpg
http://www.un-spacy-qmtdb.com/Macross%20DYRL/macrossfrontier-2.jpg

Yahoo! :)
MacrossManual
Dungeon Crawler

More info served up from ANN:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2007-11-07/macross-f-sequel-with-nue-yoko-kanno-set-for-2008

This is good stuff. Finally some solid details.
Protoculture

The new VF-25 is schweeettttt! Love the Hikaru red-black trim lines! The aesthetic design blended VF-1 + SV-51 & YF-19! Damn, it looks good!

BTW, the new Macross Idoru is known as Sherry (or Cheryl?) Nome, which means she is somehow related to Macross Zero's Sarah Nome (died after a Monster Destroid kinda nuked her & the AFOS) or her little kid sister, Mao Nome.

This kinda put the new enemy (aka space monsters) should be AFOS like thingies ......
MacrossManual
Dungeon Crawler

I really like he VF-25 as well. I love those Hikaru colors :heart: I'm also really impressed with the battroid mode. It looks like the wings might fold perpendicular rather than parallel. That's certainly a new way to go. At any rate, the battroid mode simply looks awesome. It's got the thinness that was introduced in Macross Zero, but this time it's way more stylish and mean looking :)

The Nome surname is definitely a direct connection. It'll be interesting to see how. I can't wait to find out who the new enemy is. So excited :)
Aramanthus
Monk

I have to agree that the VF-25 does look pretty sweet! :D

HH....FIE
Shawn Merrow

More info on Anime News Network this time with a link to video from the new series. Warning the site is lagging heavily at this time.

Macross F Sequel's Promotional Video Posted

I have to say the video looks great.

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
MacrossManual
Dungeon Crawler

The official japanese website is having problems, but a fine fellow at Macross World uploaded the trailer on YouTube for all to see.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjHQPDOD7E8

Enjoy :)
MacrossManual
Dungeon Crawler

VF-25 Picture!

Great new picture of the VF-25 in high resolution (thanks to Graham on Macross World for the scan!)

http://www.un-spacy-qmtdb.com/Macross%20DYRL/vf-25.JPG
taalismn
Priest

There's definitely some of the anti-UN Macross Zero Sukhoi influence in the design...and can it actually turn at the waist?
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Colonel Wolfe
Knight
Comment: Poster's making baseless accusations of illegal actions go on the Foe list...

Unread post by Colonel Wolfe »

wow, not being a macross fan... I cant see any apeal to this show... it looks like a CGI version of Mac7... how i loath all things Macross thou... These new Veritechs Look kinda structurally unsound... the transformation sequence tears the entire mecha apart...
but it is kinda Pretty :D (to bad Pretty dosent win wars)
Give another Gamer a hand up with his education.
"By no means am I an expert on Southern Cross (I cordially detest the series)"-Seto
"Truth is determined by the evidence, not some nonexistent seniority system."-Seto
taalismn
Priest

To qoute one of the early critic-designers of the Gundam series..."The thing is flying apart!"

Oh well, we're spoiled by the simplicity and robust good looks of the VF-1 :D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Rabid Southern Cross Fan
Champion

Unread post by Rabid Southern Cross Fan »

I'm in agreement with Colonel Wolfe. Im sorry, but the VF-25s transformation looks totally ridiculous.
MacrossManual
Dungeon Crawler

Please, don't troll the thread for either side of the mecha design debate. We want this thread to be good news for the fans. Just have fun :)
taalismn
Priest

Think of it as a challenge to your mech-killer...determine the exact time and spot to hit to completely obliterate a veritech...Like punching out a magic girl in mid-transformation... :D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

Just a couple of reminders.

1) Be nice 8)

2) This is primarily a Robotech and Macross II forum, Macross and OSM related stuff can be discussed here as it does help generate excitment and provide insight for the Palladium RPGs, but you really should try to steer those topics towards the Gamers Who Like More Than Just Games forum.

3) I do like the look of it.
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
Protoculture

Wildstar wrote:okay okay, so its a new version of macros which im all for, loved the Shadow chronicles for Robotech, and loved all previos versions of macross, but does anyone think this just might be a newer version of Macross 7???.

Hardly. Macross Frontier shared elements with original SDF: Macross more than its previous sequels / prequels.

Besides, Mac 7 deals with a pop band, with its hero an egoistic self-gratified Basara. Mac F clearly featured a pop idoru (idol) in the steps of Minmay, namely Shirley Nome.

The only thing Mac 7 & Mac F shares a similarity would be both are Macross series that touch on colonisation missions.
Protoculture

Okay we have the voices of Basara and Mylene here, and dont forget Minmay too, and we have cool new mecha, dont forget to add thats its another colonization fleet, oh and that they come across a new alien threat...... sounds like its been done befoe with Macross 7

But, Mac 7 only revolved around Basara & Fire Bomber, plus their exploits above Macross 7 colonisation fleet. That & add in neo-Supervision Army (renamed Varuta) led by ancient protodeviln (space vamps).

For all likelihood, Mac F is returning to SDF: Macross roots, with possible love triangle, 'sempai' relationship (just like Hikaru-Focker), successful idoru, serious undertones ..... & of course, a new organic type entity based enemy (possibly drawn from AFOS in Mac 0).
Protoculture

Then we throw in a idol singer too, and you get another Macross with a kick butt soundtrack coming..... to me its all sounding like "hey if we cant bring out Macross 7 lets just do another version"

Its more like ... now's Mac 0 are out, & time to set up new post Mac 7 premise.

Then they used Mac 0's inspired design, such as SV-51, mash it with VF-19, plus adding an idoru that is a descendant of the main characters (Sara & Mao Nome) from Mac 0.
MacrossManual
Dungeon Crawler

Aramanthus
Monk

Looks very cool!

HH....FIE
Novastar
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "A monarch's neck should always have a noose around it. It keeps him upright." ~ Heinlein

Unread post by Novastar »

Ok, the fighter's look cool...

What the new SDF look like!?! :fl:
Petty tyrants thrive when they have authority backed by vague regulations.
I would hit that so hard that whoever could pull me out would be the true-born king of England. ~ Mark Hall
Novastar only speaks the truth. ~ Brandon Aten, aka The Galactus Kid
Aramanthus
Monk

Good question Novastar. Anyone have any links to that? I know I don't.

HH....FIE
MacrossManual
Dungeon Crawler

Nothing new on the next Macross class ship as yet. There's very little information and few pictures released so far, but more are starting to come out the closer it gets to release.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Iwould guess that we are going to see the same ones from M7, MF looks to be a prequal to M+ & M7.

:p
But then agine I would be fondly suprised if it turned out to be something different.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Shawn Merrow

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:Iwould guess that we are going to see the same ones from M7, MF looks to be a prequal to M+ & M7.

:p
But then agine I would be fondly suprised if it turned out to be something different.

Its not a prequel its set after them.

MacrossManual
Dungeon Crawler

Macross Frontier is a sequel.
MacrossManual
Dungeon Crawler

New information on Macross Frontier

From ANN

NTT Resonant's goo Internet portal website has confirmed that the Macross F (Frontier) sequel is planned for a Spring 2008 broadcast. The finalized story will take place in A.D. 2059, five decades after the story of the first Macross television series and less than two decades after the last two sequel stories, Macross Plus and Macross 7. In the story, the Macross Frontier space colonization fleet is hosting a concert of an idol singer from the nearby Macross Galaxy fleet when a mysterious enemy attacks.

The January issue (on sale December 10) of Kadokawa's Newtype magazine will confirm the project's voice cast. Newcomer Megumi Nakajima had previously won a nationwide audition to perform and sing as Ranka Lee, a high school student who works part-time at a Chinese restaurant. Yuuichi Nakamura (Mobile Suit Gundam 00's Graham, Clannad's Tomoya) will play the main male lead, the fighter pilot trainee Alto Saotome. Aya Endo (Lucky Star's Miyuki, Gundam 00's Kinue) will play Sheryl Nome, the current top idol in the Macross universe. Hiroshi Kamiya (Honey and Clover's Yuuta, Gundam 00's Tieria), Jun Fukuyama (Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion's Lelouch), and Houko Kuwashima (Gundam Seed's Flay, Inuyasha's Sango) will play the supporting characters of Mikhail Buran, Luca Angeloni, and Nanase Matsuura, respectively.

The official Macross website has confirmed that this month's Macross 25th Anniversary Special program will feature co-creator Shoji Kawamori as a guest and a 27-minute director's cut of the first episode of Macross Frontier. Kawamori will be working with the studio Satelight (Noein, Macross Zero) and composer Yoko Kanno (Macross Plus, Escaflowne, Cowboy Bebop) on the new series. The special will also feature the television entertainers Hiroyuki Miyasako, Chihara-Junior, Shinya Arino, and Akane Ōsawa.
Aramanthus
Monk

Cool! Thank you for the update MM!

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

Looks pretty cool! Thank you for sharing those with us!

HH....FIE
Shawn Merrow

The first episode aired on the 23rd. I just watched it and it looks good.

MacrossManual
Dungeon Crawler

First episode of Macross Frontier is out! It's really good, much better than the first episode of Macross Zero. There's so much to discuss about this new episode, I don't know where to begin. The VF-171 is awesome, the VF-25 is even better if that's possible and the CG work is absolutely stunning! The characters are interesting and the story really hooks you in. I'm loving this new direction for Macross and hope that the other episodes live up to this first one. Wow! I can't believe that this show is a TELEVISION series. The animation is insane!

*catches breath*

:)

All the information you will ever need about the first episodes of the new Macross Frontier:

http://macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=24559

Enjoy!
Alpha 11
Palladin

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

The big question for me is, will it be brought to the US officely. As for as I know, they still have not brought Macross Zero over, or even Macross 7. The big reason for me is, I do not like watching English sub. anima. It just takes the fun out of watching it for me. I just want it to be dubed.
Shawn Merrow

Alpha 11 wrote:The big question for me is, will it be brought to the US officely. As for as I know, they still have not brought Macross Zero over, or even Macross 7. The big reason for me is, I do not like watching English sub. anima. It just takes the fun out of watching it for me. I just want it to be dubed.

I doubt that it will be brought over. Also question why did you spell anime anima?

Alpha 11
Palladin

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

Shawn Merrow wrote:
Alpha 11 wrote:The big question for me is, will it be brought to the US officely. As for as I know, they still have not brought Macross Zero over, or even Macross 7. The big reason for me is, I do not like watching English sub. anima. It just takes the fun out of watching it for me. I just want it to be dubed.

I doubt that it will be brought over. Also question why did you spell anime anima?

My spelling has always been bad. One of the worst subjects in school.
Shawn Merrow

Alpha 11 wrote:
Shawn Merrow wrote:

My spelling has always been bad. One of the worst subjects in school.

Had the same problem but have improved in the last few years.

DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Shawn Merrow wrote:
I doubt that it will be brought over.

You never can tell. This takes off enough (unlike M-Zero or M-7) it just MIGHT make it over to Northamerica, just like Macross-plus did.
And to the haters out there; learn to read!
Dubbing 9-out-of-10 times completely ruins the feel of the anime.
Just listen to the butcher job they did in Macross Plus *shudder* to the music and dialougue.
:x
Bind the body to the opened mind
Bind the body to the opened mind

I dream of towers in a world consumed
A void in the sentient sky
I dream of fissures across the moon
Leaves of the lotus rise

~Dream Again By Miracle of Sound

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”