2008???

For discussion of the Palladium Open House, both past (May 2006 & May 2007) and possible future Open Houses. Who's going, games you're running or looking to play, etc.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Scrud
Explorer
Comment: Truth is subjective, which is the very reason I must rely on you to make the right choice.
Location: Alone pondering whether or not I'm a Dopplaganger or not, whether or not I'm doing the right thing

2008???

Unread post by Scrud »

I will not be able to make the 2007 and I was wondering is this something done on an annual basis
-Floops of the Megaverse beware, Scrud the Flooper Slayer is on the Prowl

Greyaxe
Champion
Comment: Role playing is not my hobby, it is my lifestyle.

Re: 2008???

Unread post by Greyaxe »

Citizen Lazlo wrote:
Scrud wrote:I will not be able to make the 2007 and I was wondering is this something done on an annual basis

Taking into account Kevins statements about moving the location of Palladiums offices it seems in doubt.

:(

If i recall correctly he said there is a 75% chance of moving Palladium on or before 2008. I agree it is very unlikly.
Sureshot wrote:Listen you young whippersnappers in my day we had to walk for 15 no 30 miles to the nearest game barefoot both ways. We had real books not PDFS and we carried them on carts we pulled ourselves that we built by hand. We had Thaco and we were happy. If we needed dice we carved ours out of wood. Petrified wood just because we could.
Reelman
Megaversal® Ambassador Coordinator
Comment: Eliminating that not so fresh feeling from the world of role playing.

Unread post by Reelman »

While I do not think we will see the Open House in its current form next year, I believe that efforts are in the works to have a home coming type convention event about the same time next year in the Detroit area.
Warwolf
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: I am the Alpha of the Omega...
...The First of The Last...
...and this is the beginning of your end.

Re: 2008???

Unread post by Warwolf »

Greyaxe wrote:
Citizen Lazlo wrote:
Scrud wrote:I will not be able to make the 2007 and I was wondering is this something done on an annual basis

Taking into account Kevins statements about moving the location of Palladiums offices it seems in doubt.

:(

If i recall correctly he said there is a 75% chance of moving Palladium on or before 2008. I agree it is very unlikly.

Of course, there is still that 25% chance...

...think happy thoughts people. :)
Yeah, everytime I see a blazingly obvious moron walking the streets... I think, "score one for the creationists..." ~ DLDC
Warwolf is right... you can sig that. ~ TGK
I refuse to participate in a battle of wits with an unarmed man. ~ Me
rat_bastard
Kreelockian
Comment: Maybe if my sig line is clever enough someone will finally love me.

Unread post by rat_bastard »

you just do it 100% at a hotel like a normal convention... duh.
"If a child shows a particular abundance of pity for fools or an overwhelming disdain for jibber jabber he is plucked from his family and raised by monks in the T-emple."
rat_bastard
Kreelockian

Citizen Lazlo wrote:
rat_bastard wrote:you just do it 100% at a hotel like a normal convention... duh.

Oh I agree that if that were the only option I would champion it. But it wouldn't be the same. The Open House is unlike any gaming convention, or any other convention for that matter, that I have ever been to.

:)

really? is it gonna rock?
"If a child shows a particular abundance of pity for fools or an overwhelming disdain for jibber jabber he is plucked from his family and raised by monks in the T-emple."
J. Lionheart
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by J. Lionheart »

rat_bastard wrote:really? is it gonna rock?

Answer to question 1: Yes

Answer to question 2: Yes

It is really unlike other cons, and it will rock. It will rock majorly.
This isn't just a gaming get together surrounded by other gamers, it's in a gaming company headquarters, surrounded by boxes of books, banners from movies, framed original art, piles of gaming stuff, and best of all, the Palladium staffers!
Jeremiah Lionheart (Evan Cooney)
Only person ever to kill another player in KS's "Secret Enemy" game.
"Julius is convinced Evan Cooney was born to play Weasel Man." -Kevin
rat_bastard
Kreelockian

I allready shelled out 300+ dollars for this, and owe Kid galactus two beers, (one because he says so and the other because Apollo updated his site before doomsday.) so this had better be worth it.
J. Lionheart
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by J. Lionheart »

gmask1 wrote:
rat_bastard wrote:I allready shelled out 300+ dollars for this, and owe Kid galactus two beers, (one because he says so and the other because Apollo updated his site before doomsday.) so this had better be worth it.

Awww, just the 300? :P

Hopefully everyone that goes to the OH enjoys themselves, but ultimately whether or not it's 'worth it' will depend on what you're expecting the OH to be.

Personally, I think it's worth considerably more than $300, otherwise I wouldn't be going back for more. :D

Agreed, most definitely!

Expectations rule all, but I think your expectations will be blown away :-)

Last year I think my final bill was over $2000, and I was completely satisfied. This year, I'm up to about $1200 so far (about half on tickets/lodging/transport, and half on preparation), and I'm wishing I had more to spend.

Personally, I'm guessing it'll be worth it just to see you and hippie_mama meet face to face :lol:
Jeremiah Lionheart (Evan Cooney)
Only person ever to kill another player in KS's "Secret Enemy" game.
"Julius is convinced Evan Cooney was born to play Weasel Man." -Kevin
Warwolf

Unread post by Warwolf »

rat_bastard wrote:
Citizen Lazlo wrote:
rat_bastard wrote:you just do it 100% at a hotel like a normal convention... duh.

Oh I agree that if that were the only option I would champion it. But it wouldn't be the same. The Open House is unlike any gaming convention, or any other convention for that matter, that I have ever been to.

:)

really? is it gonna rock?

It rocketh harder than an indie-rock mosh pit. It rocketh mightily enough that every pantheon imagined gives it a begrudging nod of respect. It rocketh longer than the full versions of Free Bird and Stairway to Heaven put together. It rocketh... well.. you should get the picture.

Of course, I'm a tad biased. :D
Yeah, everytime I see a blazingly obvious moron walking the streets... I think, "score one for the creationists..." ~ DLDC
Warwolf

Unread post by Warwolf »

Thrall wrote:If you think about it, Zachary took it upon himself (with the consent of Palladium staff) to start up the MAs. By the same token, with help from Kevin and the Palladium crew, we, the fans, can help organize and facilitate an Open House. Just a thought.

It wouldn't be hard in my opinion. Sure, the admission might go up to cover the cost of a convention room at a hotel. However, it would probably be worth it just to keep this going. :D

Return to “Palladium Open House”