Poll: What Should Erick Wujcik Run?

For discussion of the Palladium Open House, both past (May 2006 & May 2007) and possible future Open Houses. Who's going, games you're running or looking to play, etc.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

What should Erick Wujcik Game Master at the Palladium Open House?

Poll ended at Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:03 pm

Rifts China Scenario
10%
After the Bomb Scenario
26%
Mystic China Scenario
15%
Palladium Fantasy Scenario
10%
Amber Diceless Scenario
8%
Aliens Among Us! Scenario
No votes
Beyond the Supernatural Scenario*
10%
Game Master Egomaniacal**
5%
Entropy Science Fiction Scenario***
8%
Hard Science Scenario****
5%
Other (please specify)
3%

Total votes: 39

Chaos
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Chaos »

I went ATB but there are several on the list I would enjoy playing and/or trying on the list I'll just number them in the order of my interest.

01. After the Bomb Scenario
02. Aliens Among Us! Scenario
03. Entropy Science Fiction Scenario***
04. Beyond the Supernatural Scenario*
05. Palladium Fantasy Scenario
06. Rifts China Scenario
07. Amber Diceless Scenario
08. Hard Science Scenario****
09. Game Master Egomaniacal**
10. Mystic China Scenario

I'm not even going to attempt filling in options for the Other category up there this post would go on for like 6 pages by itself :shock: needless to say I'd be happy playing in any of the games you offered :ok:
Last edited by Chaos on Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kythis
Wanderer

Unread post by Kythis »

You have to run some ATB. That would be awsome!!! The only thing better would be if you also excepted personallized characters and not just pre-gens.
Your Fellow PFRPGM "D"

{Let them come, let them come in hoards, army hoards of the hundreds, NO thousands! They shal know my might and bow before the ever capable Felthric. For I have shaven my dogs buttucks an taught him to fart while walking backwards and as such their doom is evident. (The last recorded words of the first Ludicris Mage to enter the Land of the Damned.)}
J. Lionheart
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by J. Lionheart »

Palladium Fantasy!

As the man behind Tombs of Gersidi, you hold the title as the creator of the most well known, most requested, and most formative adventure in the PF canon. I think there would be huge response for the man who created that to dive back in with another PF offering. I know I'd fight to join in!

After PF, I would be inclined towards BTS2 (Ordinary people, et al), followed by ATB - so long as we got to be mutant animals, not humans.
Jeremiah Lionheart (Evan Cooney)
Only person ever to kill another player in KS's "Secret Enemy" game.
"Julius is convinced Evan Cooney was born to play Weasel Man." -Kevin
Chaos
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Chaos »

J. Lionheart wrote:Palladium Fantasy!

As the man behind Tombs of Gersidi, you hold the title as the creator of the most well known, most requested, and most formative adventure in the PF canon. I think there would be huge response for the man who created that to dive back in with another PF offering. I know I'd fight to join in!

After PF, I would be inclined towards BTS2 (Ordinary people, et al), followed by ATB - so long as we got to be mutant animals, not humans.

Okay this is news to me (sorry my PF is not strong) and I need to reorder my list up there to get PF closer to the top. I'll reEdit my other to post to reflect my newfound wisdom :D
Marrowlight
Knight
Comment: Listen very carefully, human...the fact that I even allow you to speak directly to me is a gift I bestow upon you. You do not order me. You beg for my appreciation and then wait to see if I choose to bestow it upon you.

Unread post by Marrowlight »

You should play....Zela.

Man I hope I'm spelling it right. Been forever since I played it under you.

Funnest damn con game I've ever been in.

I'm guessing this is your Hard Science Scenario.
Last edited by Marrowlight on Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Soon I Shall Bring Forth A New Beginning, And All Shall Be Made Mighty At The Touch Of My Hand

Petty tyrants thrive when they have authority backed by vague regulations.
Kythis
Wanderer

Unread post by Kythis »

J. Lionheart wrote:Palladium Fantasy!

Yes, I am a PF GM and for some reason I can not recall ever hearing about the Tombs of Gersidi but if it is as epic a PF game as you say then if Erick doesn't run it, would someone/anyone who has ran it before run it so that those of us who know not could be aware of its magnificants? I would love to play in an acclaimed PF game, as many others would also, either by it's master or anyone that is familiar with it.
I even thought about aiding the PF cause and changing my vote from ATB to PF but I have to admit, practically the most revolutionary game mechanics I've ever seen are that of TMNT/ATB and I can not sanely desire something over seeing the Master at his throne of one of the most unique and unrivalled setting systems ever! :ok:
Your Fellow PFRPGM "D"

{Let them come, let them come in hoards, army hoards of the hundreds, NO thousands! They shal know my might and bow before the ever capable Felthric. For I have shaven my dogs buttucks an taught him to fart while walking backwards and as such their doom is evident. (The last recorded words of the first Ludicris Mage to enter the Land of the Damned.)}
Greyaxe
Champion
Comment: Role playing is not my hobby, it is my lifestyle.

Unread post by Greyaxe »

I votes BTS, mostly because I dont play it and would take the opportunity to have a great GM introduce me to it.
Sureshot wrote:Listen you young whippersnappers in my day we had to walk for 15 no 30 miles to the nearest game barefoot both ways. We had real books not PDFS and we carried them on carts we pulled ourselves that we built by hand. We had Thaco and we were happy. If we needed dice we carved ours out of wood. Petrified wood just because we could.
J. Lionheart
Rifter® Contributer

Kythis wrote:Yes, I am a PF GM and for some reason I can not recall ever hearing about the Tombs of Gersidi but if it is as epic a PF game as you say then if Erick doesn't run it, would someone/anyone who has ran it before run it so that those of us who know not could be aware of its magnificants? I would love to play in an acclaimed PF game, as many others would also, either by it's master or anyone that is familiar with it.
I even thought about aiding the PF cause and changing my vote from ATB to PF but I have to admit, practically the most revolutionary game mechanics I've ever seen are that of TMNT/ATB and I can not sanely desire something over seeing the Master at his throne of one of the most unique and unrivalled setting systems ever! :ok:

Tombs of Gersidi is the original PF adventure included in the First Edition Main Book. It is not present in the 2E, much to the dismay of most of those who were familiar with it.

It is, in my mind, the ultimate PF dungeon crawl. Multiple levels of magic, magic items, vampires, monsters, and straight-up scariness. A lot of very cool magic items you hear talked about here on the boards come from it: The Doubling Sword of Chaos, Viscor's Bone of Power, the Chalice of Dragonwright, the Cauldron of Obedience, and even Deathkiss the Demon Sword, which was reworked and included in Library of Bletherad. Other lesser known but equally cool items include the Ultimax Deathstone, Alhambra Otmi's magical sword and armor, the Hammer of Jejua, Kirgi's Medallion (dang that's useful in Yin-Sloth), and more.

Heck, it may be in the book, and we may be familiar with it, but how about it Erick? How about running Tombs of Gersidi straight up? The original adventure from the original master?

Would it help if I begged? :-)
Kythis
Wanderer

Unread post by Kythis »

J. Lionheart wrote:
Kythis wrote:Yes, I am a PF GM and for some reason I can not recall ever hearing about the Tombs of Gersidi but if it is as epic a PF game as you say then if Erick doesn't run it, would someone/anyone who has ran it before run it so that those of us who know not could be aware of its magnificants? I would love to play in an acclaimed PF game, as many others would also, either by it's master or anyone that is familiar with it.

Tombs of Gersidi is the original PF adventure included in the First Edition Main Book. It is not present in the 2E, much to the dismay of most of those who were familiar with it.

It is, in my mind, the ultimate PF dungeon crawl. Multiple levels of magic, magic items, vampires, monsters, and straight-up scariness. A lot of very cool magic items you hear talked about here on the boards come from it: The Doubling Sword of Chaos, Viscor's Bone of Power, the Chalice of Dragonwright, the Cauldron of Obedience, and even Deathkiss the Demon Sword, which was reworked and included in Library of Bletherad. Other lesser known but equally cool items include the Ultimax Deathstone, Alhambra Otmi's magical sword and armor, the Hammer of Jejua, Kirgi's Medallion (dang that's useful in Yin-Sloth), and more.

Heck, it may be in the book, and we may be familiar with it, but how about it Erick? How about running Tombs of Gersidi straight up? The original adventure from the original master?

Would it help if I begged? :-)

HECK, after reading all that, SCOOT OVER!

I'M GOING TO GROVEL WITH YOU!

COME ON ERICK NOW YOU HAVE 2 GUYS BEGGING :oops: :oops:
Your Fellow PFRPGM "D"

Marrowlight
Knight
Comment: Listen very carefully, human...the fact that I even allow you to speak directly to me is a gift I bestow upon you. You do not order me. You beg for my appreciation and then wait to see if I choose to bestow it upon you.

Trust me guys, if the Hard Science Scenario is the one I'm thinking of, you want to play it.
Soon I Shall Bring Forth A New Beginning, And All Shall Be Made Mighty At The Touch Of My Hand

J. Lionheart
Rifter® Contributer

Marrowlight wrote:Trust me guys, if the Hard Science Scenario is the one I'm thinking of, you want to play it.

It sounds fun, but whereas I would probably enjoy that one (or any game by Erick), I would give lots of money to play Gersidi with him :-) A good game to look forward to is the basis of entire trips for me.

In 2005, I bought airplane tickets to Indianapolis, passes to GenCon Indy, and rented a hotel room for several days based on the announcement that Kevin would be running a PF game there. The Open House has the same effect - I'll drop mad cash for the opportunity to play a good game with a GM I want.
Marrowlight
Knight

Sadly I won't be there. For the second year in a row the Open House is smack dab in the middle of my finals.

For anyone who sees him though, make him run it for you -- it is great.

J. Lionheart
Rifter® Contributer

Erick Wujcik wrote:
J. Lionheart wrote:...how about it Erick? How about running Tombs of Gersidi straight up? The original adventure from the original master?

Gersidi was just one of many dungeons I ran for my regular Dragonwright Campaign (Thursday evenings in Detroit, starting back in the late 70s). It's just one of a few dozen.

If I run Palladium Fantasy, I'll probably open it up to existing player characters, and run something suitable.

Erick

Fair enough :-)

You could make an entire book out of your Dragonwright Campaign materials, from what I've heard about it here and there. It sounds ridiculously awesome.

Be sure to let us all know if you're going to have a BYOC game! I know I'm not the only one who'll be wanting to make sure to have a suitable character along with me (last year I didn't bring any of my characters, just used pre-gens).
Kythis
Wanderer

Re: Poll: What Should Erick Wujcik Run?

Unread post by Kythis »

Erick Wujcik wrote:Okay, I've got to submit my games, so I'm doing 'em based on the results of the survey thus far... Thanks to the thirty (30!) fans who expressed their opinions.

Here are the results:

1. The big winner was the After the Bomb Scenario [ 9 votes ]. I'll run this as my longest event (all the others will be 3 hours), probably late Saturday, or on Sunday.

2. Mystic China Scenario [ 5 votes ]. Thanks for the votes of support. I'll see if I can whomp up something based on my notes for the next Mystic China book.

3. Rifts China Scenario [ 3 votes ]. No problem here, since I'm running a scenario here in California.

4. Entropy Science Fiction Scenario [ 3 votes ]. Surprising! Hopefully there will be more than three people interested in playing a non-Palladium game...

5. Palladium Fantasy Scenario [ 2 votes ]. Not a lot of votes, but I've been looking forward to running something in the Wolfen Empire... and I don't think there will be a problem getting players.

I'll see if I can accommodate pre-existing characters.

Any suggestions on specific scenarios from you guys?

Erick

Erick Wujcik
www.47rpg.com

p.s.: The survey will still be up for a week or so, so feel free to vote if you haven't already done so...

As far as scenarios go any ATB with a lot of technology will do. There's something about mutant animals and high tech that sounds like it would TOTALLY ROCK to me. Say like incorperating some of the high tech of N&S "OH YA BABY!"

As for PF being the only other setting that I'm really interested in the Wolfen Empire sounds awesome.
Your Fellow PFRPGM "D"

The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

I'm going to vote for OLD SCHOOL TMNT or even TRANSDIMENSIONAL TMNT
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
Augur
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: Creator of the best PBP sites online: Explorers Unlimited & Savage Rifts

Unread post by Augur »

Beyond the Supernatural ALL THE WAY!
ImageImageImage
J. Lionheart
Rifter® Contributer

Re: Poll: What Should Erick Wujcik Run?

Erick Wujcik wrote:Any suggestions on specific scenarios from you guys?

After the Bomb: I'd definitely want to play from a mutant animal perspective, as opposed to Empire of Humanity stuff. I can't stand humans :-P As far as scenario type, I'd be down with pretty much anything, but a bit of a rough and tumble survivalist thing would be pretty awesome here.

Mystic China & RIFTS China: No suggestions (probably won't try to play these).

Entropy Science Fiction: Sounds intruiging - if I'm free, I'll try to join. I don't know anything about it though, obviously, so I'll ride along on whatever you wish to bring.

Palladium Fantasy: Woot! Wolfen! Wolfen! Wolfen! Yeah yeah, I'm a fanboy :-D As far as having the adventure in the Wolfen Empire somewhere, I'm all for it! I just would want to make sure it was possible to participate AS a Wolfen, not as one of their foes. The thing that annoyed me most about the Northern Wilderness / Wolfen Empire sourcebooks is that every single adventure assumed the player was a squishie pink thing, and a foe of the Wolfen Empire. Dangit, I'm a Wolfen loyalist (repeat my above comment re: hatred of humans)
MADMANMIKE
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The Emolancer

Unread post by MADMANMIKE »

..Beyond The Supernatural! I love the average Joe vs. the monsters settings!

..Most of the games I've run have been an attempt to get the players into weaker characters.

-Mike >8]
Minions - Character Sheets <---- UPDATED LINK TO MY DA PAGE!!!
Must repeat my mantra: As a genius, I am not qualified to make the assessment "it doesn't take a genius to figure this out."

Return to “Palladium Open House”