OPEN HOUSE GAMES!!!

For discussion of the Palladium Open House, both past (May 2006 & May 2007) and possible future Open Houses. Who's going, games you're running or looking to play, etc.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

OPEN HOUSE GAMES!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

Hey guys. As you know, I'm up here at HQ working on stuff for the big guy. Currently, I'm trying to get the information about your open house games (by the way, I am aware that there is already a thread on this issue, but I need more detailed information). Here is what I need from each of you for EACH GAME YOU PLAN ON RUNNING (and if you don't plan on running any games, get in the spirit, suck it up, put on your big boy pants, and run something).

I need:

Product Line (i.e. HU2, BTS2, RIFTS)
Description (brief sentence or two)
Detailed description (only if you really want to give it and have it ready)
Max # of players
Pregen characters or not
Day and time you prefer to run a game
Age appropriate level
Experience level

feel free to copy and paste this info in your post.
P.S. - I need this by Wednesday March 14th
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
Warwolf
Comment: I am the Alpha of the Omega...
...The First of The Last...
...and this is the beginning of your end.

Re: OPEN HOUSE GAMES!!!

Unread post by Warwolf »

Warwolf's Saturday Game-

Name: Sins of the Forefathers

Product Line: Manhunter (Yes, the same one from last year)

Description: A group of unlikely heroes is forced together by a tragic fate. Can they save their galaxy when a nightmare from the past rears its ugly head?

Detailed description: Will update this with an edit.

Max # of players: 7-10 (However, most have been pre-filled... will update on availability)

Pregen characters: Yes

Day and time you prefer to run a game: I need to see more of the schedule before I say, but I plan on running it Saturday.

Age appropriate level: This game is rated T for Teen.

Experience level: Varies, but most are 3rd level.

The Galactus Kid wrote:P.S. - I need this by Wednesday March 14th

Wow... you don't give a GM much time, do you? :P

We are a procrastinating sort, don't you know? :lol:
Yeah, everytime I see a blazingly obvious moron walking the streets... I think, "score one for the creationists..." ~ DLDC
Warwolf is right... you can sig that. ~ TGK
I refuse to participate in a battle of wits with an unarmed man. ~ Me
Xar
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: J.V. Adams
(he/him/his)

Unread post by Xar »

What if we already emailed it in to the palladium-gm@palladiumbooks.com address?

Do you need it again, or will you harvest it from there?
~Xar~

↑, ↑, ↓, ↓, ←, →, ←, →, B, A select start
The Galactus Kid
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

if it has already been emailed, then its ok. As a matter of fact, I just finished adding yours to the spreadsheet.

Just giving people options.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
Grand Paladin
Adventurer

Unread post by Grand Paladin »

Game One

Product Line: Rifts

Brief Description: On a war-torn world enslaved by a powerful supernatural menace, a group of heroes and desperate freedom fighters must foil a sinister plot that threatens to break the growing resistance movement.

Detailed Description: Rifts game that is based on a proposed but never completed Dimension Book. Players will be running experimental characters in a strange and dangerous new dimension. A dangerous new Megaversal threat known as "Dominion" has invaded the planet Raadula, in the dimension known as Darkscar. The planet Raadula is home to the dimensional explorers and defenders known as the Grand Paladins. Betrayal and treachery cost the human Raadulans their world to Dominion, but the noble Grand Paladins with their allies, and a strong willed resistance movement has managed to take back control of parts of their world and now fight back against the Dominion.

Max # of players: 10 maximum, 8 preferably

Pre-Generated Characters: Yes

Day and Time: Saturday, time can vary based on schedule

Age Appropriate Level: PG-13 at the least.

Experience Level: 4th Level
"In America the President reigns for four years and journalism governs forever and ever. "
— Oscar Wilde
"I reject your reality and substitue my own!"
— Adam Savage, Mythbusters
Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

Re: OPEN HOUSE GAMES!!!

Unread post by Spinachcat »

Product Line: RIFTS

Title: "Rapa Nui"

Brief Description: "What trouble lurks in paradise? Discover the danger of Easter Island before it discovers you!"

Detailed Description: "Easter Island has always been a destination of magic, mystery and intrigue. Come explore the beautiful serenity and relax in paradise. Please ignore the undersea psychic vampire pyramids, the crashed Mechanoid space hulk and the exploding NEMA ghouls of Orongo...or you will discover the phenomenal danger that is Rapa Nui."

Players = up to 6

Pregen = Yes! Characters will be provided

Day / Time = Saturday anytime or Sunday morning, please let me know if a 4 hour or 6 hour game would fit best for the schedule.

Age Level = PG-13

EXP = 1st or 2nd level

PS - If there is a shortage of GMs, I will run a second game. Otherwise, if there is an overabundance of Rifts games, let me know and I will run Splicers instead.

Questions for Galactus!!
1) How are you setting up the schedule for game times?
2) Will there be set start times, like 10am / 2pm / 6pm or staggered games starting every hour or two?
3) How many hours are each game supposed to run?
Xar
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: J.V. Adams
(he/him/his)

Unread post by Xar »

The Galactus Kid wrote:if it has already been emailed, then its ok. As a matter of fact, I just finished adding yours to the spreadsheet.

Just giving people options.

Keen!
~Xar~

↑, ↑, ↓, ↓, ←, →, ←, →, B, A select start
Spectre
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Spectre »

Fields of Blood

Product line: HU2

Description: It's early 1943 and WWII is in full swing. Our group of Heroes must infiltrate a secret German plant and expose its dark secret.

Detail: More to come

Players: Max of 8

Pregens will be provided

Day and Time: Early on Sunday

Age appropriate level: PG-13

Experience level 4-6

Secondhand Warriors

Product line: Rifts Japan

Description: The group, full of dishonored heroes, are given the chance to redeem himself. A rival house has kidnapped one of lords daughters, and the Lord does not want to risk open war

Detailed Desc: More to come

Max players: 8

Pregens will be provided

Day and Time: Saturday early or late, not during Warwolf's manhunter game at all costs

Age appropriate: PG-13

Experience level: 5-7
"A little Rebellion now and then is a good thing." Thomas Jefferson
(To the tune of Ride of the Valkyries): Death and Destruction, Chaos and Carnage, Total Annailation Now!
300 Movie Geek Points
"I immediately regret this decision."- Jack Hare
Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Spinachcat »

Product Line: SPLICERS

Title: "Bio-Nightmare!"

Brief Description: "The Machine moves against your Great House, but so does a secret enemy. Strap on your living armor and prepare for a bio-nightmare!"

Detailed Description: "Your Great House is ingeniously hidden deep below one of Hecate's drone factories, but Ishtar's forces plan to flush you out. Machines are setting up seismic locators and your Warlord is determined to stop them. Your squad has been assigned to the Eastern Ridge Assault while allies from a neighboring House demolishes the incoming convoy. But all is not as it seems and your House is grave danger if you cannot unravel the puzzle in time!"

Players = up to 6

Pregen = Yes! Characters will be provided

Day / Time = as needed (4 hour event)

Age Level = PG-13

EXP = 1st level
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Product Line: Heroes Unlimited 2nd ed. / Aliens Unlimited (and the Atorian Empire Preview)
Description: It Raiding Time!!!
Detailed description: As members of the Diatome, the players are sent to investigate a planet in the Titrana quadrant. What they find may shake the galaxy to its core.
Max # of players: 6 - 8 players max.
Pregen characters: Pregen characters will be provided.
Day/Time preference:Saturday morning or mid-day.
Approximate running time: 4 hours
Age appropriate level: Any
Experience level: Pregens will be approximately 4th level.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Jeffrey W.
Explorer
Comment: Provider of quality Palladium Books gaming sessions in the Panama Canal Zone, Orlando Florida, Dallas Texas, Palladium Open House 2007, and Heidelberg Germany.

Rifts Arzno game at the Open House

Unread post by Jeffrey W. »

I hope that you received the e-mail I sent to palladium-gm@palladiumbooks.com address back when it was requested.

I never have received any response, so I can't be certain that it was ever received.

Here it is one more time.

Product Line: Rifts

Description: New West Setting, City of Arzno

Detailed description: A winter evening unlike any other, when without warning the City of Arzno comes under siege by the Vampire Army of Xavier Stuart. The characters, while within this city of mercenaries and techno-wizard wonders, find themselves unwillingly thrust into an epic Alamo-style battle for survival. Guaranteed to be intense, and violent!

Max # of players: Ten

Pregen characters or not: Pregenerated

Day and time you prefer to run a game: Saturday (Part One) 8 hrs. & Sunday (Part Two) 8 hrs.

Age appropriate level: Any, (but warning: extremely graphic descriptions may not be suitable for children)

Experience level: Low (Levels 1-3)

Note: Not necessary for players to be in both parts; participants are welcomed to attend one, the other, or both parts as they desire. Starting times to be selected and scheduled as preferred by the Palladium staff.

Game Objective: Maximum fun and enjoyment. A gaming experience to be remembered.

Jeffrey W.
ApocalypseZero
Adventurer
Comment: Also known as: Lonnie Langston

Unread post by ApocalypseZero »

RIFTS CCG: Tutorial & Deck Building
Product Line: RIFTS CCG
Description: Learn how to play the RIFTS CCG
Detailed Description: Hands on look at the CCG Rules, breakdown of key points, and a detailed look at what to put in your Deck.
Max # of players: No Limit
Pregen characters or not: YOU WILL NEED YOUR OWN CARDS
Day and time you prefer to run a game: Early Sat or Sun, 1-2 Hours Long
Age appropriate level: Any and All
Experience level: None

RIFTS CCG: Tournament
Product Line: RIFTS CCG
Description: Tournament for North America!! First Ever (?) RIFTS CCG Tournament! Single Elimination with a 10-Card Side Deck.
Max # of players: No Limit, 6 MINIMUM
Pregen characters or not: Players MUST have their own LEGAL Decks.
Day and time you prefer to run a game: Early Sun (if Tutorial is on Sat) or Afternoon Sunday, depending on # of Players. 2-3 Hours long, longer if more players show.
Age appropriate level: Any and All
Experience level: None

RIFTS: Industrial Retrieval
Product Line: RIFTS
Description: A sneak peak into one of the ideas planned for RIFTS: The Black Market.
Detailed Description: Information has been leaked about a new weapon being manufactured in Lone Star. The Black Market, looking to capitalize on the Coalition States, have sent in Two Squads of their specialized Retrievers to obtain the weapon and/or any plans and other information.
Max # of players: 8
Pregen characters or not: Pre-Gen Only
Day and time you prefer to run a game: Saturday Afternoon/Evening 4-6 Hours
Age appropriate level: 14+ (Violence and Language)
Experience level: Players-Basic Knowledge at least, Characters-4-6th Level

I also plan on being available for Pick Up Games anytime between events I am not running (or playing in). This also includes games at the Ramada and possibly a game for Thursday or Friday nights.
Only Time Will Tell, Unfortunately The Bastard Never Speaks.
Rabid Southern Cross Fan
Champion

Unread post by Rabid Southern Cross Fan »

Vae Victis! (Latin: Woe be to the conquered!)

Product Line: Robotech RPG (revised & expanded)

Description: Destroy the Invid's attempt to reverse engineer a protoculture sensor!

Detailed description: A full year has passed since the Invid invaded the Earth. The United Earth Force's valiant last stand some 9 months ago ended in a bitter loss. The Invid, though their numbers were checked, overwhelmed the remaining United Earth Government. Now, a few remaining city-states are all that is left of the once mighty union of nations that lead the Earth to victory over the Zentraedi and Robotech Masters.

Your resitance group has learned of the existence of an Invid lab through a former Global Military Police mole in the old Robotech Research Group. This facility, having bowed to Invid pressure, is run by collaborators who have captured numerous pieces of high technology from the fallen Robotech Masters flagships that dot the landscape, including one of the Living Protoculture organic computers! They plan to reverse engineer the device for the Invid to turn it into protoculture sensors that would allow the Invid to monitor all protoculture activity from the safety of their hives!

Now your team has to infiltrate this facility and ensure that the Invid do not gain possession of this technology. The clock is ticking and the fate of Invid Occupied Earth rests on your shoulders. Can you rise to the challenge?

Max # of players: 8 (originally down from a max of 15...sorry)

Pregen characters or not: Yes, pregens provided.

Day and time you prefer to run a game: Saturday, afternoon

Age appropriate level: Late teens/adult

Experience level: Moderate levels (4th). However, more important are people who really know the Robotech Tv series instead of the old RPG/comics/novels.

Notes: Cardstock minis and terrain will be used for this game, bringing it to an all new level of experience! WorldWorks Games cardstock terrain, Mars Station (and maybe FirstLight) will be the playing field!
Reelman
Megaversal® Ambassador Coordinator
Comment: Eliminating that not so fresh feeling from the world of role playing.

Unread post by Reelman »

Event #1

Event Name – Just another bug hunt?

System – Rifts

Event Description - Coalition scientists have a theory on how to end the Xiticix menace. Your team was given the honor of testing their theory. You must enter the Duluth hive, administer the test and return with the results. This game will utilize minis and a 3-D table top game environment.

Number of Players – 6

Running Time – 4 hours

Event Date and Time – Saturday morning and Saturday afternoon (this event will be offered twice

Pregens – Yes

Age level - Any

Event #2

Event Name – Fresh from the Oven

System – Beyond the Supernatural 2

Event Description - Mysterious kidnappings and disappearances from rural hospitals and clinics are rising dramatically. Press and police accounts are vague and misleading, only shadowy reports scattered across the Internet offer real clues to the severity of the problem. Can your team get to the bottom of the problem before any more innocents are lost?

Number of Players – 8

Running Time – 4 hours

Event Date and Time – Saturday Evening

Pregens – Yes

Age Level - Mature

Event #3

Event Name – Spiteful Blessings

System – Rifts: Chaos Earth

Event Description – NEMA is unable to reach your city and rescue the populace but they have arranged a food and medicine air drop. The bad news is the drop location is on the far side of town and you will have to cross hell to reach it.

Number of Players – 8

Running Time – 4 hours

Event Date and Time – Sunday Morning

Pregens – Yes

Age Level - Any
Grand Paladin
Adventurer

Unread post by Grand Paladin »

Game Two

Product Line: Robotech

Title: "In The Shadow of Zor"

Brief Description: A strange event has disrupted the Robotech Expeditionary Force efforts on Tirol and placed most Zentraedi and Tirolean citizens in a coma-like state. A hand selected team is assembled to investigate, and deal with this situation, that apparently has a connection to Zor himself.

Max # of players: 8 maximum

Pre-Generated Characters: Yes

Day and Time: Sunday, time can vary based on schedule- but morning is preferred since I'll be leaving in the late afternoon

Age Appropriate Level: Teen at the least.

Experience Level: Averaged 4th Level
"In America the President reigns for four years and journalism governs forever and ever. "
— Oscar Wilde
"I reject your reality and substitue my own!"
— Adam Savage, Mythbusters
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Product Line: Heroes Unlimited 2nd ed. / Aliens Unlimited & The Atorian Empire
Description: Revenge is dish best served cold!
Detailed description: A raid on one of their secret outposts in the Titrana quadrant has caused the Empire to send out one of its retribution squads out to eliminate these raiders.
Max # of players: 6 - 8 players max.
Day/Time preference:Sunday morning prefered, or later on Saturday (must be after my previous game)
Approximate running time: 4 hours
Age appropriate level: Any
Experience level: Pregens will be approximately 4th level.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Rabid Southern Cross Fan
Champion

Unread post by Rabid Southern Cross Fan »

After bowing to pressure to run some Robotech for pre-OH, I figured I would go ahead and volunteer for a 2nd slot. If enough people like my first game (Vae Victis) I suppose I could run it a 2nd time as an open gaming event if there are people who really want to play. So....

Ghost Ship!

Product Line: Robotech (revised & expanded)

Description: The classic adventure from the heyday of the Robotech RPG is back.....sort of....

Detailed description: The year is 2028. Peace on Earth has reigned since the end of the Malcontent Uprisings almost 8 years ago. The Pioneer Mission to find the homeworld of the Robotech Masters and bring the war to them has plodded along throughout the galaxy, rotating troops in and out over the years. Other than occasional rumbles from Anti-Unification League forces against UEG Peacekeepers in the various Non-Aligned territories, the United Earth Forces have had little to do but train and prepare.

Into this tranquil situation a newcomer arrives. Seemingly from high cometary orbit comes the remains of a single ship of Dolza's once 4.8 million strong Grand Fleet. A single Tou Redir Picket, badly damaged and showing no signs of activity has drifted in from deep space to intersect the Moon's orbit. At a mere 200,000km, it was detected during a sensor sweep from Moon Base Luna. The High Command want you and and a hand assembled team of specialists to enter this wreck and determine if its salvageable.

Now, as your team stands ready to embark inside the docking bay of Lunar Space Station TS 25, you wonder what awaits you across the cold void. What will you find on this ghost ship?

Max # of players: 9

Day/Time preference: Sunday around noon

Age appropriate level: Late teen/adult

Experience level: 4th level. Again, a real working knowledge of the Robotech Tv series is a good thing (since some of the stuff I'm going to say/do is clearly from the show but conflicts with the old RPG).

Notes: Cardstock minis and terrain might be used for this game, bringing it to an all new level of experience! WorldWorks Games cardstock terrain, FirstLight will be the playing field! It will depend on time and resources if I do this.
Reelman
Megaversal® Ambassador Coordinator
Comment: Eliminating that not so fresh feeling from the world of role playing.

Unread post by Reelman »

BigGunWolven wrote:
Reelman wrote:Event #1

Event Name – Just another bug hunt?

System – Rifts

Event Description - Coalition scientists have a theory on how to end the Xiticix menace. Your team was given the honor of testing their theory. You must enter the Duluth hive, administer the test and return with the results. This game will utilize minis and a 3-D table top game environment.

Number of Players – 6

Running Time – 4 hours

Event Date and Time – Saturday morning and Saturday afternoon (this event will be offered twice

Pregens – Yes

Age level - Any

Event #2

Event Name – Fresh from the Oven

System – Beyond the Supernatural 2

Event Description - Mysterious kidnappings and disappearances from rural hospitals and clinics are rising dramatically. Press and police accounts are vague and misleading, only shadowy reports scattered across the Internet offer real clues to the severity of the problem. Can your team get to the bottom of the problem before any more innocents are lost?

Number of Players – 8

Running Time – 4 hours

Event Date and Time – Saturday Evening

Pregens – Yes

Age Level - Mature

Event #3

Event Name – Spiteful Blessings

System – Rifts: Chaos Earth

Event Description – NEMA is unable to reach your city and rescue the populace but they have arranged a food and medicine air drop. The bad news is the drop location is on the far side of town and you will have to cross hell to reach it.

Number of Players – 8

Running Time – 4 hours

Event Date and Time – Sunday Morning

Pregens – Yes

Age Level - Any

I Would like to play in events 1 and 3.

Woo Hoo, more players interested in my events. Looking forward to having you at my table! :D
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Please view and respond to the following post:

ATTENTION ALL OPEN HOUSE GM's

Return to “Palladium Open House”