Non-VIP Friday Folks

For discussion of the Palladium Open House, both past (May 2006 & May 2007) and possible future Open Houses. Who's going, games you're running or looking to play, etc.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Kythis
Wanderer

Unread post by Kythis »

I plan on being there Tuesday or Wednesday on til the following Monday, at the Ramada, to run some pre-Open House PF games if anyone's interested. If no one wants to play in a PF game on Thursday than I'm going to go to the movies and watch Spiderman 3 with the rest of the movie crew. As for Friday I think that will most likely be the best night to run a game as so many people do not have VIP tickets and most everyone is planning on showing up by friday reguardless of VIP night.
Your Fellow PFRPGM "D"

{Let them come, let them come in hoards, army hoards of the hundreds, NO thousands! They shal know my might and bow before the ever capable Felthric. For I have shaven my dogs buttucks an taught him to fart while walking backwards and as such their doom is evident. (The last recorded words of the first Ludicris Mage to enter the Land of the Damned.)}
Braden Campbell
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Unread post by Braden Campbell »

I'll be around somewhere. I don't have VIP tickets, but I went last year, so it's someone else's turn.
Braden, GMPhD

If that doesn't prompt you to buy it, I don't know what else I can say.
Kythis
Wanderer

Unread post by Kythis »

Misfit KotLD wrote:
Kythis wrote:I plan on being there Tuesday or Wednesday on til the following Monday, at the Ramada, to run some pre-Open House PF games if anyone's interested. If no one wants to play in a PF game on Thursday than I'm going to go to the movies and watch Spiderman 3 with the rest of the movie crew. As for Friday I think that will most likely be the best night to run a game as so many people do not have VIP tickets and most everyone is planning on showing up by friday reguardless of VIP night.

not so big into PF, but arranging a game for Fri nite would be cool.

To my knowledge I am the only one that has rogered up to run games for some pre-Open House gaming. So I'm not to sure that you will be able to find a different PB setting game.
Your Fellow PFRPGM "D"

{Let them come, let them come in hoards, army hoards of the hundreds, NO thousands! They shal know my might and bow before the ever capable Felthric. For I have shaven my dogs buttucks an taught him to fart while walking backwards and as such their doom is evident. (The last recorded words of the first Ludicris Mage to enter the Land of the Damned.)}
Greyaxe
Champion
Comment: Role playing is not my hobby, it is my lifestyle.

Unread post by Greyaxe »

Ill be arround Friday night as well. Hope to be in Taylor by 7-8 pm.
Sureshot wrote:Listen you young whippersnappers in my day we had to walk for 15 no 30 miles to the nearest game barefoot both ways. We had real books not PDFS and we carried them on carts we pulled ourselves that we built by hand. We had Thaco and we were happy. If we needed dice we carved ours out of wood. Petrified wood just because we could.
MADMANMIKE
Comment: The Emolancer

Unread post by MADMANMIKE »

..Xar and I are planning to get an early start, so we ought to be there fairly early (knock on wood) along with the crew.

..Last year we got in around 1AM and HolyOak was running a game we stood and watched.

-Mike >8]
Minions - Character Sheets <---- UPDATED LINK TO MY DA PAGE!!!
Must repeat my mantra: As a genius, I am not qualified to make the assessment "it doesn't take a genius to figure this out."
ApocalypseZero
Adventurer
Comment: Also known as: Lonnie Langston

Unread post by ApocalypseZero »

I am going to the VIP Friday Night gig, but not sure about the length of it and all and if all is good, I'm planning to run games.
Only Time Will Tell, Unfortunately The Bastard Never Speaks.
Kalinda
Champion

Unread post by Kalinda »

I'll be there on friday, looking forward to meeting you Misfit.

I think...
Personally, I think that we have a duty as role-players to try to anchor each other to reality a bit. To keep other gamers from being complete freaks and weirdos, or even psychopaths, if we can. Killer Cyborg
283 geek points. 42 McGeekpoints.
:lol: 50 Smartass Points! :lol: Slag.
60 DaDa points.
Nxla666
Champion

Unread post by Nxla666 »

Kalinda wrote:I'll be there on friday, looking forward to meeting you Misfit.

I think...

Same here, the wife and I, as well as a couple of my players.

And were looking for something to do, its my birthday and all, so I want to PLAY a Rifts or Robotech game not run it. :lol:
"You WILL believe that all people have an inherent right to follow their own path to enlightenment in the spiritual manner of their choice or we will burn you at the stake!!!"~Slag
hahaha NXLA for the win.-- Galactus Kid x2
Bah. Immortality and marriage are just 2 things that should never mix. Any kind of prolongued lifespan shouldn't be burdened with monogamy.- Alejandro
Knowledge is power, power corrupts, study hard, be evil.
Nxla666
Champion

Unread post by Nxla666 »

Misfit KotLD wrote:
Nxla666 wrote:

I think...

And were looking for something to do, its my birthday and all, so I want to PLAY a Rifts or Robotech game not run it. :lol:

You're trying to make me put on the GM Hat aren't you.

Who me? 8-)
"You WILL believe that all people have an inherent right to follow their own path to enlightenment in the spiritual manner of their choice or we will burn you at the stake!!!"~Slag
Bah. Immortality and marriage are just 2 things that should never mix. Any kind of prolongued lifespan shouldn't be burdened with monogamy.- Alejandro
Nxla666
Champion

Unread post by Nxla666 »

Misfit KotLD wrote:
Nxla666 wrote:
Misfit KotLD wrote:
Nxla666 wrote:

I think...

You're trying to make me put on the GM Hat aren't you.

Who me? 8-)

No, Yoda. :P

Damn Jedi and their mind tricks. :lol:
Nxla666
Champion

Unread post by Nxla666 »

Misfit KotLD wrote:I'm a Sith, thankyouverymuch. :P

I don't recall seeing you at the last ewok barbeque.
Nxla666
Champion

Unread post by Nxla666 »

Misfit KotLD wrote:
Nxla666 wrote:
Misfit KotLD wrote:I'm a Sith, thankyouverymuch. :P

I don't recall seeing you at the last ewok barbeque.

It conflicted with the Gungan bonfire.

Ah, ewok BBQ was closer to home for me.

And why did I know you'd come back with something about Gungans? :shock: :?
Eryk Stormbright
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Eryk Stormbright »

MADMANMIKE wrote:..Xar and I are planning to get an early start, so we ought to be there fairly early (knock on wood) along with the crew.

..Last year we got in around 1AM and HolyOak was running a game we stood and watched.

-Mike >8]

lol well since me and Heather are riding with you guys again i'll knock on wood too *g* and i know we'd like to get in on some pre- openhouse games. PH, Rifts.. whatever anyone wants to run.
I am master of all I see.... and I see Everything.
Xar
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: J.V. Adams
(he/him/his)

Unread post by Xar »

Eryk Stormbright wrote:
MADMANMIKE wrote:..Xar and I are planning to get an early start, so we ought to be there fairly early (knock on wood) along with the crew.

-Mike >8]

lol well since me and Heather are riding with you guys again i'll knock on wood too *g* and i know we'd like to get in on some pre- openhouse games. PH, Rifts.. whatever anyone wants to run.

I think Mike will tell you the trick for us to make good time will be to not let me drive too much...
~Xar~

↑, ↑, ↓, ↓, ←, →, ←, →, B, A select start
Lord_Dalgard
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: CoH/CoV Global @Frontovik

Unread post by Lord_Dalgard »

Chello!

If everything works out, I should be there about 6 in the PM with my wife and the other GM in our group, Ramsey (CLD on these boards).

Tony
Anthony N. Emmel
Proud Member of CLD 2.0
GM of the Guardians of the Polar Bear

"Those blast points are too precise for Pecos raiders. Only
Coalition Deadboys are that accurate."
--Unknown Cyber Knight in CS Lone Star.

+425 Movie Geek Points!
Lord_Dalgard
Megaversal® Ambassador

Chello!

Well, flight reservations made, car rental made, hotel ready (parlor suite, baby!)!!!!!!!!!!

Grab your toothbrush, honey...we're headed to Detroit!!!!

Tony
Lord_Dalgard
Megaversal® Ambassador

Chello!

Yes, we don't won't a white bread Texas boy like Ramsey wandering around Detroit on his own....he might cross the river into Canada and attempt to seize it for Lone Star...lmao! ;) :D

Tony
Anthony N. Emmel
Proud Member of CLD 2.0
GM of the Guardians of the Polar Bear

"Those blast points are too precise for Pecos raiders. Only
Coalition Deadboys are that accurate."
--Unknown Cyber Knight in CS Lone Star.

+425 Movie Geek Points!
Xar
Rifter® Contributer
(he/him/his)

Unread post by Xar »

CLD wrote:
Lord_Dalgard wrote:Chello!

he might cross the river into Canada and attempt to seize it for Lone Star...

Tony

:quiet: shhh! you will tip them off to my plan! :bandit: :demon:

Oh no! It'll start the Texas/Canada feud again.
~Xar~

Warwolf
Comment: I am the Alpha of the Omega...
...The First of The Last...
...and this is the beginning of your end.

Unread post by Warwolf »

Xar wrote:
CLD wrote:
Lord_Dalgard wrote:Chello!

he might cross the river into Canada and attempt to seize it for Lone Star...

Tony

:quiet: shhh! you will tip them off to my plan! :bandit: :demon:

Oh no! It'll start the Texas/Canada feud again.

Since when are they not fighting? :lol:
Yeah, everytime I see a blazingly obvious moron walking the streets... I think, "score one for the creationists..." ~ DLDC
Warwolf is right... you can sig that. ~ TGK
I refuse to participate in a battle of wits with an unarmed man. ~ Me
Nxla666
Champion

Unread post by Nxla666 »

myheadhurts wrote:so me and my traveling group may get there a little earlier than what the_robot said (he is one of the traveling compianions) i am hoping to get there at 10 pm , not 11 or 12. it all depends on how much it sucks going thru chicago.

Chicagos not the problem, its Gary thats going to suck. :lol:
Warwolf

Unread post by Warwolf »

Nxla666 wrote:
myheadhurts wrote:so me and my traveling group may get there a little earlier than what the_robot said (he is one of the traveling compianions) i am hoping to get there at 10 pm , not 11 or 12. it all depends on how much it sucks going thru chicago.

That certainly wasn't the case last year. We got stuck for about an hour in southern Chi-town due to highway construction. :x
Yeah, everytime I see a blazingly obvious moron walking the streets... I think, "score one for the creationists..." ~ DLDC
Xar
Rifter® Contributer
(he/him/his)

Unread post by Xar »

the_robot wrote:
Warwolf wrote:
Nxla666 wrote:

That certainly wasn't the case last year. We got stuck for about an hour in southern Chi-town due to highway construction. :x

Chicago isn't so bad if you know how to either get through it or go around it. I've never driven through Indiana before, what's so bad about Gary?

That *&^$%*(% song sung by Ron Howard.
I get that in my head every time I even see the name, Gary, Indiana.

Hey, but seriously, folks...
~Xar~

Nxla666
Champion

Unread post by Nxla666 »

the_robot wrote:
Warwolf wrote:
Nxla666 wrote:

Chicago isn't so bad if you know how to either get through it or go around it. I've never driven through Indiana before, what's so bad about Gary?

Sorry about the road construction, but its IL, we only have two seasons, winter and road construction :lol: .

As for Gary well... its Chicagos anus.
asajosh
Hero

Unread post by asajosh »

My buddy Bob and I will be arriving sometime Friday afternoon (hopefully 3-5pm), comming all the way from Orlando FL. BTW Locals: How cold is it in MI in may? We dont really own "Winter" clothes hehe!

Probly also staying at the Ramada (2777 Eureka Road same one right)?

We are die hard Rifters but we'll come with characters appropriate for most any world. Havent got a room number or anything, but I'll mark the door (print out a CS emblam or somthing and stick it to the door).

See ya'll there! Woo!
Warwolf

Re: "chimes in"

Unread post by Warwolf »

bob the desolate one wrote:just droping a line here folks im new to message boards but me and rifts are old freinds any who im stoked about the open house and me and my gm are coming all the way from florida so i cant wait its also my first convention/open house (man i feel like a newbie for someone who has played rifts since 1995)

Well, allow me to welcome you both to the boards, just don't mind the locals. :P

You might feel like a newbie for the first little bit, but you'll settle in pretty quickly as it's more like a family reunion (and I though my real family was strange). If you have any questions about the Open House, several of us are veterans from last year, and we'll be glad to help acclimate you. In fact, if you and Josh want to seek me out during the festivities just to say hey, you are more than welcome to and meet the rest of my crew.

There is a single picture floating around of me and I should have my board-name on my badge this year. So stop on by and swap a couple stories, shoot the breeze, etc. Until then, if you need anything I or another one of our mental patie... I mean "board members" should be able to help you out. :D
Kythis
Wanderer

Unread post by Kythis »

DivineSteel wrote:Hey everyone. I'm gonna be at the Ramada on Friday afternoon and I'll be up for any games. What's the deal, should I bring a premade character or will we be making characters on the spot or...?

I've been reading alot of the threads and the answer is definitely bring your premades / with their house rules / without house rules / either way bring them, bring them all, all your favorites. Even the ones you wanted to play as but never got the chance. From what I've read of the posts by those who went last year it's better to be prepared than to wish you were.
I'm going to run some pre-OH PF and maybe some / Open PF gaming at the OH / After hours PF gaming at the Ramada / Post-OH PF gaming or I mite end up playing too much to run anything at all, but I'm bring a ton of books, characters for gaming an playing and plots/adventures ready for anything.
Your Fellow PFRPGM "D"

Kythis
Wanderer

Re: yargh

Unread post by Kythis »

bob the desolate one wrote:id really like to know if anybody has any rifts-west threads running either friday for the non vip folks or sat or sun at the open house a full list of the games that are being run at the open house would rock

Staff is working on that right now. They're compiling and scheduling all of the vollanteering GMs into a time slotted list of their games, as we speak. If my memory serves me correctly it will only help out a little as PB has stated that all games are on a first come first served basis at the OH. So the list will only inform you of what there is ahead of time. There is no way to seat yourself in a particular game prior to them opening, their time slots and/or areas availibility. It will of course help us all prioritize our favorites per each time slot which will obviously be very useful. So let the races begin.
Your Fellow PFRPGM "D"

asajosh
Hero

Unread post by asajosh »

Kythis wrote:I've been reading alot of the threads and the answer is definitely bring your premades / with their house rules / without house rules / either way bring them, bring them all, all your favorites. Even the ones you wanted to play as but never got the chance. From what I've read of the posts by those who went last year it's better to be prepared than to wish you were.

Even my wolfen hyperion juicer sprinkled with mutant super powers?! joy... :-D

Kythis wrote:I'm going to run some pre-OH PF and maybe some / Open PF gaming at the OH / After hours PF gaming at the Ramada / Post-OH PF gaming or I mite end up playing too much to run anything at all, but I'm bring a ton of books, characters for gaming an playing and plots/adventures ready for anything.

Figures, the ONE palladium line i dont really play a lot hehe :) But i'll dig thru my PF library and see what can be done...
Warwolf

Unread post by Warwolf »

Kythis wrote:There is no way to seat yourself in a particular game prior to them opening, their time slots and/or areas availibility. It will of course help us all prioritize our favorites per each time slot which will obviously be very useful. So let the races begin.

That is not necessarily true. If a GM has posted a game that they will be running, you can always attempt to PM them and reserve a seat. I know that all my seats have been pre-filled by most of last year's players and a few new ones. :)
Kythis
Wanderer

Unread post by Kythis »

Warwolf wrote:
Kythis wrote:There is no way to seat yourself in a particular game prior to them opening, their time slots and/or areas availibility. It will of course help us all prioritize our favorites per each time slot which will obviously be very useful. So let the races begin.

That is not necessarily true. If a GM has posted a game that they will be running, you can always attempt to PM them and reserve a seat. I know that all my seats have been pre-filled by most of last year's players and a few new ones. :)

What you are talking about doing is back dooring PBs managment of their Open House. I say this with confidence for here is the quote from ANNOUNCEMENT: Open House 2007 - Feburary Update = "* 50+ other games run by the games’ creators and quality G.M.s. Note: ALL games are on a first come first served basis. Sign up sheets will be available on site. "
Yes I too have contacted the GMs of the games I am interested in and have been told I have a seat but to legidimitly and officially seat yourself you will have to sign up at the doors opening.
Your Fellow PFRPGM "D"

Warwolf

Unread post by Warwolf »

Citizen Lazlo wrote:
Kythis wrote:
Warwolf wrote:

What you are talking about doing is back dooring PBs management of their Open House. I say this with confidence for here is the quote from ANNOUNCEMENT: Open House 2007 - February Update = "* 50+ other games run by the games’ creators and quality G.M.s. Note: ALL games are on a first come first served basis. Sign up sheets will be available on site. "
Yes I too have contacted the GMs of the games I am interested in and have been told I have a seat but to legitimately and officially seat yourself you will have to sign up at the doors opening.

Considering we are all volunteering our free time, and imaginations/ideas, to run games at the Open House. And the fact that we all still have to pay for admission. We do get a bit of latitude on how we run things.

:)

EDIT

Although no one from Palladium has weighed in on this. I'm basing this statement on how things went last year.

As am I, especially as my game is a continuation of what never got finished last year. My game was filled on a "first-come, first-served" basis, just not at the door... :-?

Of course, most games WILL operate using the sign-up sheet, it's just a certain few that people have requested seats in. It need not be made to sound so villainous. :-?
Eryk Stormbright
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Eryk Stormbright »

Ahh Warwolf, all us GM's are evil.

:demon:

:twisted: hehe well we DO try...
I am master of all I see.... and I see Everything.
Warwolf

Unread post by Warwolf »

Uncle Misfit wrote:
Eryk Stormbright wrote:
Ahh Warwolf, all us GM's are evil.

:demon:

:twisted: hehe well we DO try...

The ones I know succeed.

I have no idea what you two are talking about... I didn't bring causality into my campaign... :angel:

Return to “Palladium Open House”