True Atlanteans - Do they deserve their own Dimension book?

Dimension Books & nothing but..

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Want to see a Dimension Book dedicated to True Atlanteans?

Yes
83%
No
17%

Total votes: 30

Kryzbyn
Hero
Comment: How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.
Ronald Reagan

True Atlanteans - Do they deserve their own Dimension book?

Unread post by Kryzbyn »

It came up in a thread that some of us would like to see more clans, info, etc. about True Atlanteans.
Do ya'll think there should be a book in the future dedicated to them?
What do you think it should include?
Would you ever want to see a resolution to the Aehriman feud/Sunaj?
Last edited by Kryzbyn on Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Braden Campbell
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Unread post by Braden Campbell »

Only if you returned them to being guilt-ridden, emo, homeless, dimensional bums, like they were first presented in Rifts: Atlantis would I like to see a small sourcebook on them.

When this supposedly "ancient and dying" race kept gaining numbers and becoming outright and in-your-face champions of good, I lost interest in them. I understand that they were really cool, and thus everyone wants to play them, but at one point, back in the day, I had a party that was almost entirely made up of Atlanteans... :roll:

Like the Chiang-Ku... man for a species on the edge of extinction, you can't go to the Rifts corner store without tripping on three of them...
Braden, GMPhD

If that doesn't prompt you to buy it, I don't know what else I can say.
Kryzbyn
Hero
Comment: How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.
Ronald Reagan

Unread post by Kryzbyn »

Guilt ridden: THey lost their homeland because of an experiment....ouch
Homeless: See above
emo: HUH??? does that mean?
dimensional bums: not so much

I think they were represented that way in Atlantis becasue...thats how the ones still on atlantis are.
It said in the book repeatedly that no one clan was sure how many of each other clan was left, let alone how much of their own clan there was.
I think it was left open on purpose, to have more later.

Am I wrong?

Also I'm not sayin drop all other work to rush this out either. I agree, if done, it should be on the back burner. I just would like to see more.
With all the addendums in each book that comes out its hard to keep track of everything, and would like one source.

BAD MOMMA DOG-FACE BANANA PATCH
"Well said, Kryzbyn! :ok: " -Killer Cyborg
"...I have to agree with the questions and comments made by Kryzbyn." - The man himself, Kevin Siembieda
+100 "acting like a real man" points - DLDC
"Damnit, we agree on something. It's time to rethink my position." - Misfit KotLD
HIPPIES ARE WHAT D-BEES EAT
Aramanthus
Monk

Unread post by Aramanthus »

I did vote! And I voted yes! Because I feel there could be more work on the TAs. Especially their clans. At least a few more could be introduced.
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE
Kryzbyn
Hero
Ronald Reagan

Unread post by Kryzbyn »

Wow...
Great thread goin here.

What kind of classes Darkmax? Any ideas?

I hope I don't end up gettin stuck writtin a book...

"...I have to agree with the questions and comments made by Kryzbyn." - The man himself, Kevin Siembieda
"Damnit, we agree on something. It's time to rethink my position." - Misfit KotLD
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Kryzbyn wrote:Guilt ridden: THey lost their homeland because of an experiment....ouch
Homeless: See above
emo: HUH??? does that mean?
dimensional bums: not so much

I think they were represented that way in Atlantis becasue...thats how the ones still on atlantis are.

actually, it said in cannon that NONE of the atlantians stayed on atlantis, and that the very small number that returned did so after splurgorth takeover.

it was talking about ALL atlantians, not just ones in a given area.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Braden, GMPhD wrote:Only if you returned them to being guilt-ridden, emo, homeless, dimensional bums, like they were first presented in Rifts: Atlantis would I like to see a small sourcebook on them.

When this supposedly "ancient and dying" race kept gaining numbers and becoming outright and in-your-face champions of good, I lost interest in them. I understand that they were really cool, and thus everyone wants to play them, but at one point, back in the day, I had a party that was almost entirely made up of Atlanteans... :roll:

Ro be fair, nothing I read ever remotely indicated they were dying out.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Aramanthus
Monk

I personally don't consider the race dying out either. But I do consider them spread out all over the megaverse. Which means they are exceedingly rare to encounter except maybe in the 3G's UWW where they should have some sort of planet under their control.
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

HH....FIE
Greyaxe
Champion
Comment: Role playing is not my hobby, it is my lifestyle.

Unread post by Greyaxe »

Aramanthus wrote:I personally don't consider the race dying out either. But I do consider them spread out all over the megaverse. Which means they are exceedingly rare to encounter except maybe in the 3G's UWW where they should have some sort of planet under their control.

They do Alexandrea Its in the PW sourcebook under the UWW section.
Sureshot wrote:Listen you young whippersnappers in my day we had to walk for 15 no 30 miles to the nearest game barefoot both ways. We had real books not PDFS and we carried them on carts we pulled ourselves that we built by hand. We had Thaco and we were happy. If we needed dice we carved ours out of wood. Petrified wood just because we could.
Greyaxe
Champion
Comment: Role playing is not my hobby, it is my lifestyle.

Unread post by Greyaxe »

You supper Scooper. :D
Sureshot wrote:Listen you young whippersnappers in my day we had to walk for 15 no 30 miles to the nearest game barefoot both ways. We had real books not PDFS and we carried them on carts we pulled ourselves that we built by hand. We had Thaco and we were happy. If we needed dice we carved ours out of wood. Petrified wood just because we could.
Aramanthus
Monk

Thanks Misfit and Greyaxe! I forgot about that one. But there's nothing to say that there couldn't be several in the Multiverse.

HH....FIE
RockJock
Knight

Unread post by RockJock »

I would love to see any new info on the True Atlanteans. Clan information would be great. Maybe different clans have specific tattoos that might be more common (not new ones maybe, but like the Sunaj using power tats alot), the style of the Marks of Heritage that denote the clan or origin, preferred Occs, things like that.

I could see a new class or two, but not much on that front. As it is the TA can be just about anything in the Megaverse. Maybe a magic researcher type, flesh out the TA alchemist as a NPC only, a keeper of history/scholar, but that is about it. For combat classes, maybe a more generic class that isn't as geared toward fighting the supernatural, and possibly an even more tailored vampire hunter.

I could really see the different clans having specific martial arts/sword fighting styles, but that is just too munchy:)
RockJock, holder of the mighty Rune Rock Hammer!
Kryzbyn
Hero
Ronald Reagan

Unread post by Kryzbyn »

Cool ideas all.
Along those lines one could say that the Atlanteans invented martial arts on earth?

RockJock
Knight

You never know.
Kryzbyn
Hero
Ronald Reagan

Unread post by Kryzbyn »

Yeah Darkmax, I can see that.
Eastern martial arts seem to be the definitive.

Nikoli
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Nikoli »

Actually, when you consider that every member of the race (barring those poor souls in Scrapers) has at their command a magical sword, I could see them developing a sword based fighting style.
Of course the Sunaj have to either reject it or simply not train it.

Don't make it a full MA but more like the Sharp-shooter skill, 2 other OCC skills but open to any True Atlantean. Maybe make an OCC around the art.

Also, I see various clans being partial to a particualr sword in the Marks of Heritage.
"oh no, times almost up, enjoy space little rock!" - Prince Artemis
"Hello Mr. Shiney Pants!" - Major Victory
"So what you fetchin' to do with that there bazookie, young man?"
"Kreeghor hunting, officer, sir..." - Talismn
Kryzbyn
Hero
Ronald Reagan

Unread post by Kryzbyn »

Or..

a Mystic Tatoo'd Swordsman O.C.C.

I may have to work that up...

RockJock
Knight

I could see True Atleanteans influencing the rise of swordmanship along with the honor, bushido, or whatever flavor you want that popped up in different places across the globe. I know it is in Dinosaur Swamp, and probably other paces, but I love the idea of different Clans being somehow linked to different cultures or regions through the design of their sword.
Kryzbyn
Hero
Ronald Reagan

Unread post by Kryzbyn »

Misfit KotLD wrote:
darkmax wrote:Well, that is true. And also that the Chinese has hell lot more unnecessary moves that leaves the opponent confused. The Indian's ultimate martial art happens to be a very flexible one, believe it or not, yoga.
Dhalsim wrote:Yoga fire!

ROFLMAO!

Kryzbyn
Hero
Ronald Reagan

Unread post by Kryzbyn »

All that curry...you'd think it'd be dangerous to wear pants as well!

Kryzbyn
Hero
Ronald Reagan

Unread post by Kryzbyn »

ROFL

Kryzbyn
Hero
Ronald Reagan

Unread post by Kryzbyn »

Curry catheter.

That'd do it.

Kryzbyn
Hero
Ronald Reagan

Unread post by Kryzbyn »

LOL a catheter <sp?> not a caterer.

Catheter is a ummm...tube that goes in the front side of a male...
Hope that's not too graphic for folks...

Kryzbyn
Hero
Ronald Reagan

Unread post by Kryzbyn »

Doesn't work, man.
We have all those things here and there's still alot o babies bein made.

"You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink"

Kryzbyn
Hero
Ronald Reagan

Unread post by Kryzbyn »

and the Dog nazis..

"NO MORE dogs for YOU!"

Return to “Rifts®: Dimension Books”