Who's going in 2007?

For discussion of the Palladium Open House, both past (May 2006 & May 2007) and possible future Open Houses. Who's going, games you're running or looking to play, etc.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Who's going in 2007?

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

So? Whos going? I know I am. And I'll be damned if Nekira is missing it again this year...(grrr...)
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
Brian Manning
Palladium Books® Freelance Artist
Comment: I'm the King of Rock, There is none higher!
Sucka MC's should call me sire!

Unread post by Brian Manning »

I plan on being there again. And my brother (hates technology) is coming along again too. We're both excited about it.
Artwork • Social Media • Writing • Shenanigans
Brian-Manning.com
The Galactus Kid

Damn skippy
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

I will be going.
Hopefully this time around I can find Snaggletooth.
I found places online that have him, but I would rather support Kevin.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
The Galactus Kid

??? I'm confused.

also, happy belated birthday NMI

Spectre
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Spectre »

I shall be there come hell or high water. I also hope to be bring at least 3 newbies to PB with me.
"A little Rebellion now and then is a good thing." Thomas Jefferson
(To the tune of Ride of the Valkyries): Death and Destruction, Chaos and Carnage, Total Annailation Now!
300 Movie Geek Points
"I immediately regret this decision."- Jack Hare
Warwolf
Comment: I am the Alpha of the Omega...
...The First of The Last...
...and this is the beginning of your end.

Unread post by Warwolf »

Spectre wrote:I shall be there come hell or high water. I also hope to be bring at least 3 newbies to PB with me.

Heck yeah, that's what I like to hear! I'm so glad to see you move from being my protege and Palladium fan to a die-hard Palladium fanatic. I'm hoping to add some more recent recruits to the list of those I've brought into the fold as well. :D

As far as I am concerned, I WILL be there if I have sell one of my kidneys to do it (which I shouldn't have to :shock: ). As far as people coming along, I can pretty well gurantee at least three. I might have as many as 7-8 people in tow! I'll have a better idea of that as time draws nearer though.

One thing I will say is that I'd like to get an estimate on when tickets might go on sale and also find out how they're doing VIP tickets this year (or if there will be a VIP event at all). Hmm... time to shoot Alex a PM. :lol:
Yeah, everytime I see a blazingly obvious moron walking the streets... I think, "score one for the creationists..." ~ DLDC
Warwolf is right... you can sig that. ~ TGK
I refuse to participate in a battle of wits with an unarmed man. ~ Me
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

The Galactus Kid wrote:??? I'm confused.

also, happy belated birthday NMI
OpenHouse '06, I was looking got Snaggletooth the Star Wars character from amongst Kevins selection.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
The Galactus Kid

ah got it.

Reelman
Megaversal® Ambassador Coordinator
Comment: Eliminating that not so fresh feeling from the world of role playing.

Unread post by Reelman »

I will be there and be running games again. My wife is planning on attending again as well.
Braden Campbell

Unread post by Braden Campbell »

Someone has to run a Phase World game again, and I guess that'll be me :ok:

Also, I might step up and run a game for Rifts other bastard daughter, Wormwood.
Braden, GMPhD

If that doesn't prompt you to buy it, I don't know what else I can say.
Carl Gleba
Comment: Lord of Chaos!

Unread post by Carl Gleba »

I should be there. If I go anwywhere in "07" its the open house.

Carl
Last edited by Carl Gleba on Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
The Galactus Kid

I wouldn't expect any less, Darklord.

Grand Paladin
Adventurer

Unread post by Grand Paladin »

I'm trying to secure the time off for 2007 with my job.
If I can attend, I'm considering running a Grand Paladins adventure, based on my long on-hold manuscript that you all may (or may not) have heard about, from many moons ago.

Alternatively, it's also possible I may run a Robotech adventure set in the Sentinels timeperiod, that has been collecting dust for about 7 years.

But yeah, I really like to be able to make it for '07, since I missed out this past May.
"In America the President reigns for four years and journalism governs forever and ever. "
— Oscar Wilde
"I reject your reality and substitue my own!"
— Adam Savage, Mythbusters
Damian Magecraft
Knight
Comment: Evil GM
Master of Magics
Defender of the Faith

Unread post by Damian Magecraft »

I fully intend to be there this time...nothing is going to stop me this time, I was one of the few that needed more lead time...and i only live about 6 to 8 hrs from Detroit :badbad: ah well this time for sure...and every time there after as well this should become an annual event...mayhap we can start a grass roots campaign to convince Big Kev into making it such?
DM is correct by the way. - Ninjabunny
It's a shoddy carpenter who blames his tools. - Killer Cyborg
Every group has one problem player. If you cannot spot the one in your group; look in the mirror.
It is not a good session until at least one player looks you in the eye and says "you sick twisted evil ****"
Dustin Fireblade
Knight

Unread post by Dustin Fireblade »

I'll be back.
Jeffrey W.
Explorer
Comment: Provider of quality Palladium Books gaming sessions in the Panama Canal Zone, Orlando Florida, Dallas Texas, Palladium Open House 2007, and Heidelberg Germany.

Looking forward to meeting as many of you as I can

Unread post by Jeffrey W. »

I'll be there, and probably two or more roleplayer friends of mine will make it there also.

Contacting roleplaying buddies of mine in Chicago area, south Florida, and north Texas to have them buy tickets this weekend.

Intending to run a Rifts: Arzno game one of the days of the event for 8 hours... (Probably be limited to the first 10 players to sign up with me).

I am very excited for this opportunity to meet with Palladium's finest gaming enthusiasts.

Jeffrey W.
(Lone Star state roleplaying delegation)
J. Lionheart
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by J. Lionheart »

I'll be there, hopefully in the company of one or more of my group-mates this time around.
Jeremiah Lionheart (Evan Cooney)
Only person ever to kill another player in KS's "Secret Enemy" game.
"Julius is convinced Evan Cooney was born to play Weasel Man." -Kevin
Subjugator
Palladium Books® Super Fan

Unread post by Subjugator »

el magico -- darklorddc wrote:Rae and I will be there for certain.

I believe you were one of the few people I actually got to meet when I was there. I'm fairly shy in person (social expectations and all that).

/Sub
There's a reason...and a very good one...that I have certain people in this forum blocked both here and on Facebook.

I can see an illustration of that nearly every time I come here.
Subjugator

I'll be there

I'll be there on the next one. Mind you; I don't believe I can spend as much as I did last time, but I'll be there. :)

To be honest, the more I think about it, the more excited I get. It'll be great to meet the crew at Palladium and all the peeps from the boards again.

Not to get too sappy, but even when I argue with you, y'all are my pals!

:D

/Sub
There's a reason...and a very good one...that I have certain people in this forum blocked both here and on Facebook.

Kalinda
Champion

Unread post by Kalinda »

I should have both the vacation time and money to go to this one, so I'm planning on attending.
Personally, I think that we have a duty as role-players to try to anchor each other to reality a bit. To keep other gamers from being complete freaks and weirdos, or even psychopaths, if we can. Killer Cyborg
283 geek points. 42 McGeekpoints.
:lol: 50 Smartass Points! :lol: Slag.
60 DaDa points.
Prince Artemis
Voice of the Gateway
Comment: I love how people are quick to make demands, make spurious claims and then play the victim when you call them on it.
Location: North Sydney, Nova Scotia, CANADA. NOT Austrailia, CANADA.

Unread post by Prince Artemis »

I'll be there, as will be my Mystic Knight costume, complete with Draining blade and Fireball Rifle(See Federation of Magic Mystic Knight Picture. I'll be going as the guy on the left ;))
Vinny
Adventurer

Unread post by Vinny »

There's a good chance I will make an appearance.
The Phoenix is Coming!
Nightshade37
Explorer

Unread post by Nightshade37 »

I will be at this one too. Last years was quite the good time, but I'll need to try and find some people to hang out with after the friday night thing ends.
erc1971
Wanderer

Unread post by erc1971 »

Went in 2006, going again in 2007 - only this time, I already have my VIP Friday space bought and paid for ;)

Eric
RIFTS..."It's ****ing Brilliant!" Kevin Sembieda May 5th 2006
Attended Palladium Open House, May 6th 2006, May 4th and 5th 2007, April 30th 2009, May 2nd 2009
Palladium Unofficial Employee
Kevin Siembieda to me during the big move: "Eric, you are a god!"
J. Lionheart
Rifter® Contributer

VIP night was incredibly awesome.

We got wonderful personal guided tours of the facilities, a chance to meet and greet with all the staffers and artists who were there, and first crack at the most collectible and desirable rare items (I believe there were a couple rarities that sold out VIP Friday). The real crown of the evening though was the pizza party upstairs where we all got to hang out, Q&A with Kevin and the gang, and generally dive into the Palladium RP world.

There was no question in my mind whether I was going to buy it again this year :-)
Carl Gleba

Ninjabunny wrote:What happens at the VIP night not sure if I wanna dump that much money with out any knowledge of the nights events. :?

You won't regret it. Like J. Lionheart said, you pretty much get face time with all the writers, artist, Kevin, Wayne, Alex, Julias, Hank and the whole Palladium gang. You get a tour of the office by Kevin. First crack at all the stuff being sold, and the pizza party was a blast. We all sat around Kevin and the crew and barraged Kevin with questions and he was pretty open with the stuff he could talk about. Its was a great time.
ImageImage
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Ninjabunny wrote:What happens at the VIP night not sure if I wanna dump that much money with out any knowledge of the nights events. :?
What happens on VIP Friday Night, stays on VIP Friday Night.

Seriously though, VIP FRI was cool. I had fun. Got to meet the PB gang and friends, fellow posters, etc...
Pizza, soda, friends, art and RPG TALK!!!
Brian Manning

J. Lionheart wrote:VIP night was incredibly awesome.

We got wonderful personal guided tours of the facilities, a chance to meet and greet with all the staffers and artists who were there, and first crack at the most collectible and desirable rare items (I believe there were a couple rarities that sold out VIP Friday). The real crown of the evening though was the pizza party upstairs where we all got to hang out, Q&A with Kevin and the gang, and generally dive into the Palladium RP world.

There was no question in my mind whether I was going to buy it again this year :-)

Yeah, that VIP night was pretty awesome. It really felt like a huge family reunion or something like that. Almost like I already knew everyone there. Plus the pizza party/pep talk from Kevin was very cool as well. I didn't get the tour until Saturday anyway, but the rest was awesome. I was a little gun shy about the collectibles, but I regret it now, since a lot of the cool stuff sold Friday night and early Saturday morning.
Brian-Manning.com
Bob_12
D-Bee

Unread post by Bob_12 »

I'll be there again, along with two of my friends who came last year. The third might come again if he decides to drag himself away from his terrible girlfriend long enough to remember he has friends. I also might snag a few more, but I'm not sure.
Subjugator

Jaguar Wong wrote:It really felt like a huge family reunion or something like that.

This is EXACTLY what it felt like!

I don't do crowds, but I was only minimally uncomfortable at the Open House.

:)

/Sub

Subjugator

Citizen Lazlo wrote:really??

You really seemed like a little sphere of activity every time I saw you. And you came right up and said hi to me.

ATTENTION FORUM: Subbie is one of the nicest people I've ever met.

Even though we only talked for a minute.

Wow...I didn't know that. :) I spent all my time buying stuff (as my geek points will show) and trying to fight off discomfort. Crowds frighten me - there are many social expectations therein, and I know and understand very few of them. Family gatherings, geek cons, and punk rock concerts are about the only large groups I can take without having to lock myself in a quiet room for a while. I even have to do it at work sometimes, and during family gatherings I lock myself in my computer room and wear headphones about four hours into it.

Thanks for the compliment - I'm not sure that I'm all that nice, but I try very hard. :oops:

Everyone I met at the Open House was really nice, and I had a wonderful time. As nearly as I could tell, nobody was angry, people volunteered to help with parking and gaming and...well...everything...and it seemed to me to be the way the world should work...with everybody happy, working together, and just having a general good time.

:)

/Sub

Carl Gleba

Subjugator wrote:Thanks for the compliment - I'm not sure that I'm all that nice, but I try very hard. :oops:

Oh you're just being modest Sub. I knew you had to be one of the coolest guys on the planet when Kevin said to me... "Carl can you believe Dennis commissioned this piece of art for me!"

Dude, I think the secrets out...you got a heart of gold! :-D

Here's to you :ok: :ok:

Carl
ImageImage
Carl Gleba

Citizen Lazlo wrote:
Carl Gleba wrote:
Subjugator wrote:Thanks for the compliment - I'm not sure that I'm all that nice, but I try very hard. :oops:

Oh you're just being modest Sub. I knew you had to be one of the coolest guys on the planet when Kevin said to me... "Carl can you believe Dennis commissioned this piece of art for me!"

Dude, I think the secrets out...you got a heart of gold! :-D

Here's to you :ok: :ok:

Carl

That Gleba person on the other hand............... :thwak:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

J/K Carl

you rock too!

Minion Wars maps = cool

I always say it doesn't pay to be nice at my work place. My back is not a carpet. :D However, I have to say you guys are the exception. The open house was like a big family reunion. Can't wait.

Carl
ImageImage
Carl Gleba

Ninjabunny wrote:This may sound dumb, but What if you want to run a game yourself (me I'm talking about me :lol:) do you need to ask promision or just set up shop and go for it? I was thinking about doing some Merc stuff. With some minor rules like only being able to draw from north american sourcebooks. That wouldn't be to bad of a rule would it? Oh and no super powers (got a player that only use super powers, Ack!)

Palladium will ask for GM's to sign up to run games at scheduled times. That way your game will get a little press and people will know about it ahead of time.

There are also open gaming tables for anyone to set up shop as well. Your choice.

Carl
ImageImage
Carl Gleba

I forgot to mention. For convention games it helps to have pregenerated characters. That way you're not spending time creating a bunch of level one characters. With pre-gens you can jump right into the action. But, do what works for you :ok:

If you've never been to a con before feel free to ask questions. We'll help ya out. 8)

Carl
ImageImage
Carl Gleba

Citizen Lazlo wrote:
Ninjabunny wrote:I've been to Anime cons but not a role playing con. I'd like to know how things go and what I should be ready for.

It's not really fair to compare the Open House to other cons.

I love other cons mind you, the Open House was just unique.

Last year there was a large sales area where Palladium products and Kevins toys were for sale.

There was a row of tables where you could meet artists, get sketches and autographs and BS with them.

Palladium people were constantly circulating to talk with everyone.

There was a small but effective concessions area.

There were tours, panels, etc

There was a gaming area for scheduled games and one for open gaming.

All of the attendees were fun to talk to and socialize with.

And Kevin was everywhere!

It was the most fun I have ever had at a gaming event.

Yep, that about sums it up pretty good. Plus it was a very friendly atmosphere. It was cool to meet people from these boards like Citizen Lazlo, NMI, Warwolf, Madmanmike, my fellow freelancers.

Yeah, cons don't really compare.

Carl
ImageImage
J. Lionheart
Rifter® Contributer

Ninjabunny wrote:So me and the wife should be ready to be blown away?

Yes.
J. Lionheart
Rifter® Contributer

Shinitenshi wrote:I have a question, and it's probably dumb but I'm new to Open house. The VIP tickets are those only good for Friday night or are they good all weekend. So is it $50 for Friday only then another $30 for Sat and Sun?

VIP tickets are just for Friday, and "Weekend" ticket is for Saturday and Sunday. So yes, $80 total (completely worth it).
Carl Gleba

Shinitenshi wrote:Are we allowed to bring food? I know this is a weird question, but I love to cook and I thought I could make some stuff and bring it to share.

Yes you are. Unless that changes, but I doubt it.

Carl
ImageImage
Warwolf

Unread post by Warwolf »

Narcoleptic.Monk wrote:Hey, I am going to be there (not that any of you know me), but I've bought my tickets and am looking forward to meeting the Palladium staff and other gamers.

You know what, this is a perfect opportunity for you to have us get to know you. I'll go ahead and state that anyone at the Con can come and hang out with me and my crew, no questions asked. One thing I regret is not getting to meet some of the awesome people on these boards, and not getting a chance to chat for long with many others (including Citizen Lazlo, Subbie, and other great people).

I think I'll try and bounce around a bit more and introduce myself to people whether I know them or not (I am usually quite introverted, but I think I can make an exception for this event). So if you see me around this year (there are pictures of me floating around, so you might be able to recognize me), don't hesitate to introduce yourself and hang out for a bit. :-D
Yeah, everytime I see a blazingly obvious moron walking the streets... I think, "score one for the creationists..." ~ DLDC
Subjugator

Warwolf wrote:
Narcoleptic.Monk wrote:Hey, I am going to be there (not that any of you know me), but I've bought my tickets and am looking forward to meeting the Palladium staff and other gamers.

You know what, this is a perfect opportunity for you to have us get to know you. I'll go ahead and state that anyone at the Con can come and hang out with me and my crew, no questions asked. One thing I regret is not getting to meet some of the awesome people on these boards, and not getting a chance to chat for long with many others (including Citizen Lazlo, Subbie, and other great people).

I think I'll try and bounce around a bit more and introduce myself to people whether I know them or not (I am usually quite introverted, but I think I can make an exception for this event). So if you see me around this year (there are pictures of me floating around, so you might be able to recognize me), don't hesitate to introduce yourself and hang out for a bit. :-D

I'm pretty introverted too. Much of my introversion comes from not being good at socialization and looking like an idiot about 3/4ths of the time I'm talking to people.

If I act dumb at the next open house (like when I sat on the couch when I wasn't supposed to at the last one - that still humiliates me...and Kev teased me about it, which made me just about die) please forgive me. I'm a bit disabled when it comes to socialization.

:/

/Sub

Carl Gleba

Subjugator wrote:
Warwolf wrote:

I'm pretty introverted too. Much of my introversion comes from not being good at socialization and looking like an idiot about 3/4ths of the time I'm talking to people.

If I act dumb at the next open house (like when I sat on the couch when I wasn't supposed to at the last one - that still humiliates me...and Kev teased me about it, which made me just about die) please forgive me. I'm a bit disabled when it comes to socialization.

:/

/Sub

We were all just jelous that you got the comfy seat, plus were right up front :D :ok:

Ok, before I knew who you were I figured, he must be really important, he rates the couch :lol: Just joking buddy :ok:

Carl
ImageImage
Subjugator

Carl Gleba wrote:We were all just jelous that you got the comfy seat, plus were right up front :D :ok:

Ok, before I knew who you were I figured, he must be really important, he rates the couch :lol: Just joking buddy :ok:

Carl

Yeah - then you figured out - "Oh! He's just a schmuck who didn't know any better!"

/Sub

Subjugator

gmask1 wrote:
Subjugator wrote:Yeah - then you figured out - "Oh! He's just a schmuck who didn't know any better!"

/Sub

Not true! It was just too far away from the pizza, and you know you're gonna lose the comfy seat if you get up...

Since I was commuting from the Ramada to the Open House via the left-foot/right-foot/repeat option, I went for sustenance over comfy-chair... :D

Yeah - the pizza was gone in about an eighth of a second, wasn't it?

/Sub

Carl Gleba

Subjugator wrote:
Carl Gleba wrote:We were all just jelous that you got the comfy seat, plus were right up front :D :ok:

Carl

Yeah - then you figured out - "Oh! He's just a schmuck who didn't know any better!"

/Sub

Never, besides I was too much into listening to Kevin talk anyway!

Carl
ImageImage
Warwolf

Unread post by Warwolf »

Subjugator wrote:Yeah - the pizza was gone in about an eighth of a second, wasn't it?

Yeah, I managed to get ahold of two pieces... but had to stand at the back of the crowd. :lol:
Brian Manning

I supplimented my two slices with heaping fistfuls of M&Ms (peanut). I wonder if Kevin will actually remember to fire up the popcorn maker this time (didn't he buy a ton of popcorn to pop, but forgot to do it?).
Brian-Manning.com
J. Lionheart
Rifter® Contributer

Jaguar Wong wrote:I supplimented my two slices with heaping fistfuls of M&Ms (peanut). I wonder if Kevin will actually remember to fire up the popcorn maker this time (didn't he buy a ton of popcorn to pop, but forgot to do it?).

Hehe, yup! And poor Sean Hall spent a bunch of time cleaning the machine and prepping it as well :-P
Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Spinachcat »

I am planning to go next year if finances are good. I'm a full commission guy so much depends on the winds of fate. If I can kick booty, then I'd love to fly out from Los Angeles for the weekend. I am excited to learn about what GMs have to do to set up games for the Open House. I do a bunch of cons every year and I usually run 3-5 events each time and I am proud to say that I put on a good RPG throw down!

I got so much cool stuff in my Grab Bag and my Crisis purchases that I'm totally unsure if I would run Splicers, Rifts South America or Wormwood. It will be very interesting to play games with people who actually know the systems extremely well, because usually I run demo games and teach the systems to newbies whenever I run anything other than D20 or AD&D at cons.

Return to “Palladium Open House”