Posible 100% juicer detox meathod

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Posible 100% juicer detox meathod

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Mystic China Discoperate power.

basically, for a time it tottally dissapates the body and it goes to a pure chi state and returns to the Tao.

three seconds later (a gareneed evasion of any attack that happens during that time), you reform, FULLY RESTORED.

basically, after reuiniting with the universe, your body reincorperates itself the way it SHOULD be, negating any and all forms of damage.

would this reverse the juicer process?

discuss.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Rimmerdal
Knight
Comment: Official Member of the 'Transformers don't need Humans Club'

Unread post by Rimmerdal »

Yes.

The effect is caused by Drugs. Now he may have to face the addiction on a mental level but would live a lot longer.
taalismn wrote:
Rimmerdal wrote:mmm Rifts street meat..

Flooper. Fried, broiled, or chipped.
It's like eating Chinese.
FLOOP! And you're hungry again.
Ectoplasmic Bidet
Hero

Unread post by Ectoplasmic Bidet »

Physiological damage and dependence on the drugs would be cured, but there is still the matter of psychological dependence that must be dealt with. Being able to reset their "timer", virtually any juicer who could actually do this[if it's even possible for a drug fiend to reach the proper physical and mental state of mind required to Discorporate] would almost certainly undergo the juicer process indefinitely.
Rimmerdal
Knight
Comment: Official Member of the 'Transformers don't need Humans Club'

Unread post by Rimmerdal »

Ectoplasmic Bidet wrote:Physiological damage and dependence on the drugs would be cured, but there is still the matter of psychological dependence that must be dealt with. Being able to reset their "timer", virtually any juicer who could actually do this[if it's even possible for a drug fiend to reach the proper physical and mental state of mind required to Discorporate] would almost certainly undergo the juicer process indefinitely.

A good GM can curb that by saying "this a once in life time offer. so pick a new OCC and switch to that." or something equally brilliant sceme. as I thought when I read the inital post I figured it might be a tough thing to do.
taalismn wrote:
Rimmerdal wrote:mmm Rifts street meat..

Flooper. Fried, broiled, or chipped.
It's like eating Chinese.
FLOOP! And you're hungry again.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

argos wrote:OK, im asking for a lil latitude cuz i dont got china and goin on supposition. Does the spell restore you to the way you were before the spell? If so how long before the spell? Does it heal aging? Isnt the detrimental effects of drugs akin to aging, b/c the extra workload strain is what causes damage not the drugs themselves. Again, i dont know th espell but jus throwin it out there.

it's not a spell. it's a Zenjoriki. which are mental mystic abilities, but they take no energy to use and only take 1 action.

and it dosn't restore you to X time before it was used. it restores you to the way your body SHOULD be at that point in time assuming nothing deteramental ever happened
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
dark brandon
Knight
Comment: I want you more when you're afraid of me.

Unread post by dark brandon »

Tough one. The drugs do enhance and damage the body, but also causes it to get used up faster. IE: it increases the aging process.
"We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine And the machine is bleeding to death The sun has fallen down And the billboards are all leering And the flags are all dead at the top of their poles ...I open up my wallet And it's full of blood "~~Godspeed you black emperor.
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Re: Posible 100% juicer detox meathod

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:Mystic China Discoperate power.

basically, for a time it tottally dissapates the body and it goes to a pure chi state and returns to the Tao.

three seconds later (a gareneed evasion of any attack that happens during that time), you reform, FULLY RESTORED.

basically, after reuiniting with the universe, your body reincorperates itself the way it SHOULD be, negating any and all forms of damage.

discuss.

I'm unfamiliar with the power, but it sounds like it should work pretty well.
The problem is that a lot of the problems in adjusting to detox come from just being an ordinary human being.
Offhand, I'd take the Detox Success ratios from p. 80 and cut them in half. So a juicer detoxed in this way would only have a 44% chance of major problems in the first year (which would result in a roll on the second table in the "Detox Success Ratios" part of p. 80 in RUE).
In the second year, this would drop to 38%, and so on.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
Gomen_Nagai

Unread post by Gomen_Nagai »

I think that's complete nonsense... but a juicer with Disincorporate would only be able to disincorporate a few times before being forever tempted to join the tao.

also the only possible place such a juicer would be able to learn it would be in China and japan.. infact I think chinese crazies get to pick disincorporate right away.
Last edited by Gomen_Nagai on Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

Zerebus wrote:Hee hee. I'd say it would work, but a juicer couldn't do it. Why? Because I would have the drugs interfere with all meditation and access to Chi.

but it takes 0 chi to use. :P

Marrowlight
Knight
Comment: Listen very carefully, human...the fact that I even allow you to speak directly to me is a gift I bestow upon you. You do not order me. You beg for my appreciation and then wait to see if I choose to bestow it upon you.

Unread post by Marrowlight »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:
Zerebus wrote:Hee hee. I'd say it would work, but a juicer couldn't do it. Why? Because I would have the drugs interfere with all meditation and access to Chi.

but it takes 0 chi to use. :P

Does he still have to be in a chi'ish kind of mind for it though? The drugs could still possibly interfere with that.

Not that I think they would - if anything his body would just pump some drugs to make it easier to reach....but purely for the sake of argument y'know?
Soon I Shall Bring Forth A New Beginning, And All Shall Be Made Mighty At The Touch Of My Hand

Petty tyrants thrive when they have authority backed by vague regulations.
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

I'd allow it...with one caveat. There would have to be a hell of alot of good role playing to get this to work.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
ApocalypseZero
Adventurer
Comment: Also known as: Lonnie Langston

Unread post by ApocalypseZero »

(NOTE: Don't have Mystic China)

Discorporate sounds like his body would, in a logical sense, become ethereal in some way (turns to energy, chi, etc). In this time, he would be Restored. If the power does not take along Items/Equipment, then the Drug Harness would fall from the body, the Implants enjected, and he would be born anew as a normal Human. At least, that's if all of what I've said would happen. If not, then it's possible, but would have to see about a Juicer reaching that Zen-Like state of mind.
Only Time Will Tell, Unfortunately The Bastard Never Speaks.
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin
Comment: Full of Love and C-4, give me a hug.

Unread post by Mech-Viper Prime »

discuss.
hmm this could go a couple of different ways

sure it heals the damage, but rolls up new stats for the character because you are no longers a juicer, your uniting with the unverse fixed that.

you try and because of the different drugs in your system cancels your ability to use this spirit power

So that is my view point of that
Ravenwing wrote:"Killing Dbee's isn't murder, they aren't human, it's pest control!"

Zardoz wrote:You have been raised up from Brutality, to kill the Brutals who multiply, and are legion. To this end, Zardoz your God gave you the gift of the Gun. The Gun is good!
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

Mech-Viper wrote:

discuss.

sure it heals the damage, but rolls up new stats for the character because you are no longers a juicer, your uniting with the unverse fixed that.

actually you wouldn't as you had to roll up non-juicer stats in teh first place then you modified them as a juicer. you just return to those origional rolls

Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

Nekira Sudacne wrote:
Mech-Viper wrote:

discuss.

actually you wouldn't as you had to roll up non-juicer stats in teh first place then you modified them as a juicer. you just return to those origional rolls
well unless you have the stats written down somewhere on the character sheets a Gm could really screw you over on that.
Ravenwing wrote:"Killing Dbee's isn't murder, they aren't human, it's pest control!"

Zardoz wrote:You have been raised up from Brutality, to kill the Brutals who multiply, and are legion. To this end, Zardoz your God gave you the gift of the Gun. The Gun is good!
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

Mech-Viper wrote:
Nekira Sudacne wrote:
Mech-Viper wrote:

discuss.

well unless you have the stats written down somewhere on the character sheets a Gm could really screw you over on that.

*checks character sheet*

whenever an attribute is modified from it's origional roll, I put the unmodified roll in parenthisis next to the origional mark which I then modify. have done this sinse day one of Gaming in Rifts :)

good habbit to get into.

Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

Nekira Sudacne wrote:
Mech-Viper wrote:
Nekira Sudacne wrote:
Mech-Viper wrote:

discuss.

*checks character sheet*

whenever an attribute is modified from it's origional roll, I put the unmodified roll in parenthisis next to the origional mark which I then modify. have done this sinse day one of Gaming in Rifts :)

good habbit to get into.
see that is were I would as a gm ask for the character sheet, while you are off being one with the megaverse and change all the pre mod rolls to a basic of 9 or 10(white out works wonders :lol: :lol: )then hand it back and tell you you are clean of the juicer process but it came at a price and the skill bounues were already added in , and wait to see how you react to it , then if it doesnt seem like you dont like it then there is always the third way, were you juicer harness and your body became fused togethor and killed you, but you spirit is one with the megaverse, if that counts for anything so roll a new character up :P

Nekira Sudacne
Monk

Mech-Viper wrote:
Nekira Sudacne wrote:
Mech-Viper wrote:
Nekira Sudacne wrote:
Mech-Viper wrote:

discuss.

*checks character sheet*

good habbit to get into.
see that is were I would as a gm ask for the character sheet, while you are off being one with the megaverse and change all the pre mod rolls to a basic of 9 or 10(white out works wonders :lol: :lol: )then hand it back and tell you you are clean of the juicer process but it came at a price and the skill bounues were already added in , and wait to see how you react to it

that would get you smaked upside the head repeadly with a hardbound game book. and no, i'm not bluffing. disallowing or modifying the rules is one thing, changing my character sheet without permission WILL result in much pain. the fact your being an ass about it only eases my concious in doing so. ;)

then if it doesnt seem like you dont like it then there is always the third way, were you juicer harness and your body became fused togethor and killed you, but you spirit is one with the megaverse, if that counts for anything so roll a new character up :P

that's a possible interpretation.

Gomen_Nagai

all iit does is instantly heal you. you would still be a juicer, it would stop a last call, but it would just mean that you get to die again from it Later.
SoulofThunder
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by SoulofThunder »

why would anyone who went thru what is takes to even learn the power even bother to become a juicer? that kinda seem bass-ackwards.
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

Nekira Sudacne wrote:
Mech-Viper wrote:
Nekira Sudacne wrote:
Mech-Viper wrote:
Nekira Sudacne wrote:
Mech-Viper wrote:

discuss.

*checks character sheet*

good habbit to get into.
see that is were I would as a gm ask for the character sheet, while you are off being one with the megaverse and change all the pre mod rolls to a basic of 9 or 10(white out works wonders :lol: :lol: )then hand it back and tell you you are clean of the juicer process but it came at a price and the skill bounues were already added in , and wait to see how you react to it

that would get you smaked upside the head repeadly with a hardbound game book. and no, i'm not bluffing. disallowing or modifying the rules is one thing, changing my character sheet without permission WILL result in much pain. the fact your being an ass about it only eases my concious in doing so. ;)

then if it doesnt seem like you dont like it then there is always the third way, were you juicer harness and your body became fused togethor and killed you, but you spirit is one with the megaverse, if that counts for anything so roll a new character up :P

that's a possible interpretation.
hehe, but it could any of the ways it to the GM to how he/she wants to handle it.

Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

Misfit KotLD wrote:
FefnaGale wrote:why would anyone who went thru what is takes to even learn the power even bother to become a juicer? that kinda seem bass-ackwards.

*Recalls saying something similar a long time ago.* :D
thats most of the juicers trying to get out of the last call or detox route

dark brandon
Knight

Ziggy78eog wrote:

Ooooooooh snap! I was thinking along those very same lines. I do not think a Juicer could sit still long enough to meditate in order to reach the necessary mental states in order to achieve this.

well, the drugs don't interfear with the mental processes. If it's the body, the harness will also distribute tranquilizers to relax the juicer.

The attitude of many juicers might be the same, but I think this is a Pre-juicer condition.

why would anyone who went thru what is takes to even learn the power even bother to become a juicer? that kinda seem bass-ackwards.

depends on what other powers one would get. If you happend to have learned it, taking the juicer conversion would be a real quick way to have enhanced physical battle prowess.
"We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine And the machine is bleeding to death The sun has fallen down And the billboards are all leering And the flags are all dead at the top of their poles ...I open up my wallet And it's full of blood "~~Godspeed you black emperor.
Borast
Champion

Unread post by Borast »

So...how many juicers have 20 years to learn how to discorporate? :D

Anyway..."Beans of Life" work wonders as I recall. ;)
Fnord

Cool...I've been FAQed... atleast twice!

.sig count to date: 2

"May your day be as eventful as you wish, and may your life only hurt as much as it has to." - Me...

Normality is Relative, Sanity is Conceptual, and I am neither.
SoulofThunder
Dungeon Crawler

dark brandon wrote:
Ziggy78eog wrote:

Ooooooooh snap! I was thinking along those very same lines. I do not think a Juicer could sit still long enough to meditate in order to reach the necessary mental states in order to achieve this.

well, the drugs don't interfear with the mental processes. If it's the body, the harness will also distribute tranquilizers to relax the juicer.

The attitude of many juicers might be the same, but I think this is a Pre-juicer condition.

depends on what other powers one would get. If you happend to have learned it, taking the juicer conversion would be a real quick way to have enhanced physical battle prowess.

i disagree. if you went thru YEARS of training , mediation, dieting, training (yeah i said it twice) , and generally keeping your body and mind in peak condition . why in the heck would you inject your body with a killer drug cocktail?

if simply defies logic to do so .
dark brandon
Knight

FefnaGale wrote:i disagree. if you went thru YEARS of training , mediation, dieting, training (yeah i said it twice) , and generally keeping your body and mind in peak condition . why in the heck would you inject your body with a killer drug cocktail?

Well, increased SDC/HP, auto-dodge and enhanced speed super-jump are all viable reasons to become a juicer. So, if you went through the training and learned this power, why not? This "killer drug cocktail" would only affect you in a positive way.

For example: You're in your monistary, when it's attacked by demons, and you survive. In order to take vengence, and needing a quick "boost" you could reasonably do the juicer treatment. One, because in only a few months you'll be as strong as 10 humans, with in addition to your training will make you an even more badass. Two you know that when you are finished with your revenge you could do this meditation and be freed of it and any side effects.
Ectoplasmic Bidet
Hero

Unread post by Ectoplasmic Bidet »

Speaking of juicers, according to a couple articles I've read and the morning news, it looks like Barry Bonds has been doing his best to turn himself into a Juicer.
SoulofThunder
Dungeon Crawler

dark brandon wrote:
FefnaGale wrote:i disagree. if you went thru YEARS of training , mediation, dieting, training (yeah i said it twice) , and generally keeping your body and mind in peak condition . why in the heck would you inject your body with a killer drug cocktail?

Well, increased SDC/HP, auto-dodge and enhanced speed super-jump are all viable reasons to become a juicer. So, if you went through the training and learned this power, why not? This "killer drug cocktail" would only affect you in a positive way.

For example: You're in your monistary, when it's attacked by demons, and you survive. In order to take vengence, and needing a quick "boost" you could reasonably do the juicer treatment. One, because in only a few months you'll be as strong as 10 humans, with in addition to your training will make you an even more badass. Two you know that when you are finished with your revenge you could do this meditation and be freed of it and any side effects.

you are still missing the point. let me put it this way. a martial artist who has trained to earn a mystical power to discorporate ( among other powers) is the same as a LLW choppin her arms off and gettin bionics to take "revenge" .

from the standpoint of game mechanics , yeah, its possible. does it make sense for a martial artist to take that route ? no friggin way! it defeats the whole reason for even studying/training in martial arts on a mystical level.

theres no way a juicer should be allowed to have mystical or chi martial art power. the sheer willpower and and sacrifice need to gain a zenjorkite(sp?) power is enourmous . most martial arts where a power of that sort are available to require years of dedication and chi mastery powers are usually (but not always) there as well. why would someone who has given up so much to gain these abilitys (usually over 10-12 years on average according to the book) take a short cut , suicidal path of the juicer?

theres no way someone would do it on purpose when theres other ways to achieve the same end.
dark brandon
Knight

FefnaGale wrote:you are still missing the point. let me put it this way. a martial artist who has trained to earn a mystical power to discorporate ( among other powers) is the same as a LLW choppin her arms off and gettin bionics to take "revenge" .

I don't think, though I could be wrong, the juicer process would interfear with his ability to do some of his martial arts powers. In the same line, a LLW may, go full conversion borg, if they have the money and the need arises. There are just some things a borg can do that a magic can't do (or can't do as well) Hell, a LLW could go juicer, and in exchange for having 1/2 of his magic powers, he would had the added benifits of being a juicer.

why would someone who has given up so much to gain these abilitys (usually over 10-12 years on average according to the book) take a short cut , suicidal path of the juicer?

For one, it wouldn't be suicidal, and two, it's not completely out of the question. You're saying "theres no way, never..." I'm saying "there could be circumstances..." IG terms, this is what the question is asked, could this power be used to save someone from the early juicer death. I think it could. Your agrument is, "No, because there is no way a MA would ever go Juicer augmentation". I say there is. It might be a rare, but MA are still human, and even after training for 12 years, if something horrible happens they may concider it if it will help them achieve their goals especially if going juicer enhances their abilities.
SoulofThunder
Dungeon Crawler

dark brandon wrote:
FefnaGale wrote:you are still missing the point. let me put it this way. a martial artist who has trained to earn a mystical power to discorporate ( among other powers) is the same as a LLW choppin her arms off and gettin bionics to take "revenge" .

I don't think, though I could be wrong, the juicer process would interfear with his ability to do some of his martial arts powers. In the same line, a LLW may, go full conversion borg, if they have the money and the need arises. There are just some things a borg can do that a magic can't do (or can't do as well) Hell, a LLW could go juicer, and in exchange for having 1/2 of his magic powers, he would had the added benifits of being a juicer.

why would someone who has given up so much to gain these abilitys (usually over 10-12 years on average according to the book) take a short cut , suicidal path of the juicer?

For one, it wouldn't be suicidal, and two, it's not completely out of the question. You're saying "theres no way, never..." I'm saying "there could be circumstances..." IG terms, this is what the question is asked, could this power be used to save someone from the early juicer death. I think it could. Your agrument is, "No, because there is no way a MA would ever go Juicer augmentation". I say there is. It might be a rare, but MA are still human, and even after training for 12 years, if something horrible happens they may concider it if it will help them achieve their goals especially if going juicer enhances their abilities.

#1 - usually if a MA has a zenjorike power , he/she usually has chi powers . one of those powers is body chi. the use of body chi would outclass a juicer (although for a short time) by a wide margin. why take a drug when i can move faster and be stronger than some lazy bum who took a short cut and is killing themselves to do it. the risk involved in taking the drugs , getting addicted , detoxing , etc isnt worth it .

a more mystical MA is more than powerful enough to hold his/her on own on rifts earth.

#2 - the arts that would provide said powers pretty much dont exist on rifts earth. i may be mistsken , but is there a ppe or isp version of "discorporate"? i dont have rifts japan or rifts china , so i may be wrong here. last i read , martial arts are all but gone on rifts earth and the ones that did are more linked to psionics and magic and are very different than the NSS/MC versions.

we arent talking about a TKD MA or even a wing chun MA , we are talking about martial arts that delve into the mystical/spirtual side of martial arts . this takes alot more than just learning some kicks and lifting a weight of two.

so to says theres a small chance on this happening is a gross understatement. theres more involved than just the game system of numbers here. i just cant see someone who has sacrificed so much to throw it all away and become a juicer.

not to mention that this si blatant munchkinism with little basis and legality behind it. there are too many factors against this being a viable end.
dark brandon
Knight

FefnaGale wrote:#1 - usually if a MA has a zenjorike power , he/she usually has chi powers . one of those powers is body chi. the use of body chi would outclass a juicer (although for a short time) by a wide margin. why take a drug when i can move faster and be stronger than some lazy bum who took a short cut and is killing themselves to do it. the risk involved in taking the drugs , getting addicted , detoxing , etc isnt worth it.

a more mystical MA is more than powerful enough to hold his/her on own on rifts earth.

#2 - the arts that would provide said powers pretty much dont exist on rifts earth. i may be mistsken , but is there a ppe or isp version of "discorporate"? i dont have rifts japan or rifts china , so i may be wrong here. last i read , martial arts are all but gone on rifts earth and the ones that did are more linked to psionics and magic and are very different than the NSS/MC versions.

we arent talking about a TKD MA or even a wing chun MA , we are talking about martial arts that delve into the mystical/spirtual side of martial arts . this takes alot more than just learning some kicks and lifting a weight of two.

so to says theres a small chance on this happening is a gross understatement. theres more involved than just the game system of numbers here. i just cant see someone who has sacrificed so much to throw it all away and become a juicer.

not to mention that this si blatant munchkinism with little basis and legality behind it. there are too many factors against this being a viable end.

We're not discussing munchkanism, neither is "why would he". I know what your saying, but while YOU can't see someone who has sacrificed it, I can. I'm not saying I'm gonna go roll one up right now, or that I ever will play one. That's not the issue at hand no matter how much you want it to be. It doesn't matter if saying a "small" chance is a "gross understatment". All that matters is that it CAN happen. It's NOT against the rules, there is nothing keeping a MA from doing this, other than your own personal philsophy. But we're not talking about your personal philosophies or your own biases toward it.

All that is asked is if a Juicer can, because he's the 1 out of one million MA who decided to take the juicer conversion, will this power help him out. From what I've seen, I'm thinking it can, though I don't think it would reverse the ageing aspect of it. As there is nothing in the rules that keep a MA from becomeing a juicer or keeping him from using his powers.
dark brandon
Knight

FefnaGale wrote:#1 - usually if a MA has a zenjorike power , he/she usually has chi powers . one of those powers is body chi. the use of body chi would outclass a juicer (although for a short time) by a wide margin. why take a drug when i can move faster and be stronger than some lazy bum who took a short cut and is killing themselves to do it. the risk involved in taking the drugs , getting addicted , detoxing , etc isnt worth it .

BTW, I disagree with Chi-body being better than a Juicer augmentation. While they can be much more powerful, it does not grant them auto-dodge ability nor HP/SDC into the hundreds. Not only that it's for a very limited time (1 melee round). No doubt he could outclass a juicer, but a juicer would more than be able to stand up in a fight against a MA using body chi.

Note: I only have N&SS, so if this has been updated in china/japan I'm unsure.
SoulofThunder
Dungeon Crawler

dark brandon wrote:
FefnaGale wrote:#1 - usually if a MA has a zenjorike power , he/she usually has chi powers . one of those powers is body chi. the use of body chi would outclass a juicer (although for a short time) by a wide margin. why take a drug when i can move faster and be stronger than some lazy bum who took a short cut and is killing themselves to do it. the risk involved in taking the drugs , getting addicted , detoxing , etc isnt worth it.

We're not discussing munchkanism, neither is "why would he". I know what your saying, but while YOU can't see someone who has sacrificed it, I can. I'm not saying I'm gonna go roll one up right now, or that I ever will play one. That's not the issue at hand no matter how much you want it to be. It doesn't matter if saying a "small" chance is a "gross understatment". All that matters is that it CAN happen. It's NOT against the rules, there is nothing keeping a MA from doing this, other than your own personal philsophy. But we're not talking about your personal philosophies or your own biases toward it.

All that is asked is if a Juicer can, because he's the 1 out of one million MA who decided to take the juicer conversion, will this power help him out. From what I've seen, I'm thinking it can, though I don't think it would reverse the ageing aspect of it. As there is nothing in the rules that keep a MA from becomeing a juicer or keeping him from using his powers.

its not just MY philosophy , its the one listed under the martial arts themsleves. and i'd wager most would at the very least prohibit drug use . martial art teachings are usually based in taking the "hard road" in training . this isnt just a game concept . hard work , sacrifice and focus are required . look at the DMA other other MA OCC's(or classes) . they ALWAYS have given something up to learn and become proficient in thier chosen art.

and where you see that a MA can , i dont. you really have to stretch the rules for this to happen in the first place . to an extent thats not needed.
martial arts is all but dead (save small pockets in asia) on rifts earth , so the chances of this the juicer/MA combo are slim to none as per game rules. the juicer/ma you could come up with with any rules fudging wouldnt have the zenjorike power or the posibility of getting it.

i dont have rifts japan , but what i have read . NSS martial arts and rifts martial arts are nothing alike .
dark brandon
Knight

FefnaGale wrote:its not just MY philosophy , its the one listed under the martial arts themsleves. and i'd wager most would at the very least prohibit drug use . martial art teachings are usually based in taking the "hard road" in training . this isnt just a game concept . hard work , sacrifice and focus are required . look at the DMA other other MA OCC's(or classes) . they ALWAYS have given something up to learn and become proficient in thier chosen art.

and where you see that a MA can , i dont. you really have to stretch the rules for this to happen in the first place . to an extent thats not needed.
martial arts is all but dead (save small pockets in asia) on rifts earth , so the chances of this the juicer/MA combo are slim to none as per game rules. the juicer/ma you could come up with with any rules fudging wouldnt have the zenjorike power or the posibility of getting it.

i dont have rifts japan , but what i have read . NSS martial arts and rifts martial arts are nothing alike .

You show me where it says a MA cannot take the juicer Augmentation, and I will conceed. the juicer/MA combo is slim, but POSSIBLE. There are no rules fudging. Backstory, MA gets thrown through a rift to Rifts earth...For some reason (whatever reason) he gets the juicer Augmentation. Maybe He's captured by the splugorth and FORCED to become a Juicer because Splynn thinks its funny. Whatever.

The point is, that it is possible.
SoulofThunder
Dungeon Crawler

dark brandon wrote:
FefnaGale wrote:its not just MY philosophy , its the one listed under the martial arts themsleves. and i'd wager most would at the very least prohibit drug use . martial art teachings are usually based in taking the "hard road" in training . this isnt just a game concept . hard work , sacrifice and focus are required . look at the DMA other other MA OCC's(or classes) . they ALWAYS have given something up to learn and become proficient in thier chosen art.

You show me where it says a MA cannot take the juicer Augmentation, and I will conceed. the juicer/MA combo is slim, but POSSIBLE. There are no rules fudging. Backstory, MA gets thrown through a rift to Rifts earth...For some reason (whatever reason) he gets the juicer Augmentation. Maybe He's captured by the splugorth and FORCED to become a Juicer because Splynn thinks its funny. Whatever.

The point is, that it is possible.

even if that were to happen (it being forced on him/her) , as soon as they got the chance ,they'd get that crap off them. use the discorporate to PURIFY themsleves . the whole point of the power is to heal and rejuvenate . juicing is the antithesis of the healthy lifestyle a martial artist lives by.

there may not be rule specifically against it , but there many examples of where certain OCC's just avoid it . rogue scholars, mages , cyber knights could all get juicer implants . they dont , why not? theres no rule against them gettin the enhancement but by in large they dont. why not? i suspect juicers have a stigma attached to them and not many want to put themselves on the line for power . expecially if you already have your on renewable power that doesnt kill you.
dark brandon
Knight

FefnaGale wrote:even if that were to happen (it being forced on him/her) , as soon as they got the chance ,they'd get that crap off them. use the discorporate to PURIFY themsleves . the whole point of the power is to heal and rejuvenate . juicing is the antithesis of the healthy lifestyle a martial artist lives by.

So if they got a chance, say 4 years down the road to escape Splogorth captivity, they could use Discorperate to purify themselves. Which, is what the question was asked. It only took us like a whole page of posts to get to that.

there may not be rule specifically against it , but there many examples of where certain OCC's just avoid it . rogue scholars, mages , cyber knights could all get juicer implants . they dont , why not?

Some do. There's a Cyber Knight (Forget what book or his name, might be in fed of magic), who went and got the dragon juicer conversion after failing to fight a dragon. A rogues scholar might for a few years, if the situation arises. A mage might like i said, they can get it and still cast magic, it's at 1/2 potency, but still. Some do the juicer implants, most don't, but just because most do not get it does not mean that it CAN'T be done. There's a big difference in that. Maybe they don't get it cause it's expencive both the conversion and the drugs. Some don't nessissarily need it or want it. Some are patient enough not to even crave it. A Jedi can be powerful in the light side, but it takes patiens. Dispite the fact they are taught from childhood to denounce the dark side doesn't mean some don't fall for to the dark side. Same with this.

I don't think i'd ever let one in my game,a MA/Juicer combo, but that's because those arn't the kind of games I like. But I'm not talking about my games and we're not talking about your games, we're just talking about what "could" happen.
Borast
Champion

Unread post by Borast »

True...anything can happen...there are many legitimate scenarios where a Martial Artist would voluntarily submit to Juicer conversion.

However, the probability of one whom has undergone training in an art that is as inward looking as to provide an opportunity to obtain the discorporate power is so slim as to make a single strand of human hair look like one of the Golden Gate Bridge's main cables!

If it DID happen, the presence of all the drugs and crap in the Juicer's system would cause the proud owner to be almost completely unable to recover any lost chi... (As implied by the sample of the alcoholic chi master whom fell off the wagon, and it was noted that he would not regain any chi until after he "cleaned" himself out.)

That would seriously cramp the Juicer's chances of gaining enough enlightenment to do it.

Besides, someone that inward looking would view the slaughter of all of his other temple mates as simply a natual progression, and bringing the other monks into the perfection of the Tao's embrace...
Fnord

Cool...I've been FAQed... atleast twice!

.sig count to date: 2

"May your day be as eventful as you wish, and may your life only hurt as much as it has to." - Me...

Normality is Relative, Sanity is Conceptual, and I am neither.
dark brandon
Knight

Borast wrote:True...anything can happen...there are many legitimate scenarios where a Martial Artist would voluntarily submit to Juicer conversion.

However, the probability of one whom has undergone training in an art that is as inward looking as to provide an opportunity to obtain the discorporate power is so slim as to make a single strand of human hair look like one of the Golden Gate Bridge's main cables!

If it DID happen, the presence of all the drugs and crap in the Juicer's system would cause the proud owner to be almost completely unable to recover any lost chi... (As implied by the sample of the alcoholic chi master whom fell off the wagon, and it was noted that he would not regain any chi until after he "cleaned" himself out.)

That would seriously cramp the Juicer's chances of gaining enough enlightenment to do it.

Besides, someone that inward looking would view the slaughter of all of his other temple mates as simply a natual progression, and bringing the other monks into the perfection of the Tao's embrace...

It depends on the person. Not everyone will react the same way to the same situation. Someone that was inward looking may view the slaughter of his other mates as simple natural progression, or he may become so disenchanted with his own teachings, seeing them failed that he may discontinue learning. After all, if these teachings are so great why did his temple (Including his master) fall? Or he could see it as inevitable proof that there is no "inner" light, that his teachings were all for naught. Maybe he sees the slaughter of his order and think that life is truely too short and that the only way to live is to live hard and fast, so he becomes a glutton for life, who spends his money he gets on prize fighting on booze, drugs and women. He could come up with a new philosophy on life and teaching trying to incorperate the best of both worlds. He personally trains young men and women in his art, so that they later can become juicers with enhanced abilities hire themselves out as mercs then before they expire do the process all over again.

All of the above seem like possible senarios. Has it ever happend? Probably not. Should it happen? I don't think I'd allow one in my game. Could it happen? Yes as there is nothing expressly forbidding it.
Gomen_Nagai

... and Lightning Warriors in Rifts China can already learn Discorporate... through their mystic martial art.
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

this just stinks of "i want the powers of a juicer and i dont want any side effects of it "
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Gomen_Nagai

actually.. you're confusing the Lightning warrior with the Geo assault borg... ...
gelidus
Explorer

Unread post by gelidus »

dark brandon wrote:
FefnaGale wrote:even if that were to happen (it being forced on him/her) , as soon as they got the chance ,they'd get that crap off them. use the discorporate to PURIFY themsleves . the whole point of the power is to heal and rejuvenate . juicing is the antithesis of the healthy lifestyle a martial artist lives by.

So if they got a chance, say 4 years down the road to escape Splogorth captivity, they could use Discorperate to purify themselves. Which, is what the question was asked. It only took us like a whole page of posts to get to that.

there may not be rule specifically against it , but there many examples of where certain OCC's just avoid it . rogue scholars, mages , cyber knights could all get juicer implants . they dont , why not?

Some do. There's a Cyber Knight (Forget what book or his name, might be in fed of magic), who went and got the dragon juicer conversion after failing to fight a dragon. A rogues scholar might for a few years, if the situation arises. A mage might like i said, they can get it and still cast magic, it's at 1/2 potency, but still. Some do the juicer implants, most don't, but just because most do not get it does not mean that it CAN'T be done. There's a big difference in that. Maybe they don't get it cause it's expencive both the conversion and the drugs. Some don't nessissarily need it or want it. Some are patient enough not to even crave it. A Jedi can be powerful in the light side, but it takes patiens. Dispite the fact they are taught from childhood to denounce the dark side doesn't mean some don't fall for to the dark side. Same with this.

I don't think i'd ever let one in my game,a MA/Juicer combo, but that's because those arn't the kind of games I like. But I'm not talking about my games and we're not talking about your games, we're just talking about what "could" happen.

The Slayer from WB 10.

He watched as a dragon tore his whole partty appart right before his eyes. He was frozen with fear

The dragon told him to run and he did......After seeing the power of a full grown dragon he relized something all his years of training all his hard work as a CK ment jack against something like that.....it was just not enough.... So he became a dragons blood juicer.....
Gomen_Nagai

then we get fun ways to repair MDC damage...

Return to “Rifts®”