Clash of Heroes

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Which Epic Hero Would Win!?

William Wallace (from Braveheart)
2%
Persius (from Clash of the Titans)
2%
Lancelot (from Excalibur)
6%
Madmartigan (from Willow)
2%
Conan (from Conan the Barbarian)
10%
Kull (from Kull the Conquerer)
No votes
Wesley (from The Princess Bride)
16%
Ash (from Army of Darkness)
27%
Hercules (from Hercules The Legendary Journeys)
16%
Xena (from Xena: Warrior Princess)
6%
Legolas (from The Lord of the Rings)
5%
Gimli (from The Lord of the Rings)
2%
Aragorn (from The Lord of the Rings)
6%
Arweyn (from The Lord of the Rings)
No votes
Eowyn (from The Lord of the Rings)
2%
Sorsha (from Willow)
No votes
Valeria (from Conan the Barbarian)
No votes

Total votes: 63

Gallahan
Adventurer

Clash of Heroes

Unread post by Gallahan »

Imagine a gladiator styled arena filled with heroes of hstorical/fantasy movies.

Who do YOU think would win such an engagement? Imagine all of the heroes listed in the poll released into an arena and forced into MORTAL COMBAT.

Who would win? And WHY?
"Coincidence is a glimpse into a pattern otherwise hidden."
"We live in a world of secrets. Where those secrets intersect, people die."
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

Wesley would win.
Because he's the man.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
Gallahan
Adventurer

Lancelot would win...

...because he gave it all up, the friend, the kingdom... HIMSELF.

Gave it all up for stupid LOVE. Yet he's a helluva fighter. He kicked butt even though he suffered from that wound that would not heal (inflicted upon him by himself).

Lancelot would win because he's a true, tragic hero. He's HIS OWN worst enemy, so anyone else would just fall to the metallic glare of his sword.

My humble opinion. ----Although Eowyn rocks my world!!!

:)
Dr. Doom III
Knight

Unread post by Dr. Doom III »

Duh!

Conan.

No one can stand up to Conan.
"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear."
-George Orwell
***Posting of articles does not imply endorsement of such***
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Gallahan wrote:Lancelot would win...

...because he gave it all up, the friend, the kingdom... HIMSELF.

Gave it all up for stupid LOVE. Yet he's a helluva fighter. He kicked butt even though he suffered from that wound that would not heal (inflicted upon him by himself).

Lancelot would win because he's a true, tragic hero. He's HIS OWN worst enemy, so anyone else would just fall to the metallic glare of his sword.

My humble opinion. ----Although Eowyn rocks my world!!!

:)

Wesley fights for True Love.
Lance, on the other hand, was just an angst-filled Frenchie who wanted to get it on with his best friend's wife.
At his best, Lancelot would have been a contender because his heart was pure... but the whole lusting after the queen bit kind of ruined that.

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Veknironth
Hero

Unread post by Veknironth »

Well, of those listed, I think only Hercules is half god. I think that gives him the edge.

-Vek
"I can't believe I voted in this."
AzathothXy
Adventurer

Unread post by AzathothXy »

I know Arwen would lose as she is not even a warrior(The Elven Lord Glorfindel took out the Nazgul).
The Nuclear Chaos
That thing is not dead which has the capacity to continue to exist eternally,
And if the abnormal ones come,then death may cease to be
Narsis
Explorer

Unread post by Narsis »

I would have to vote for wesley also. Mainly because all the other warriors would gang up on Herc and then with him gone they would start down the line Conan would be next and so on. So, Wesley for the win.
Grimtooth is in charge of Dungeon construction in my games. Proceed with caution!

Link to The Rider RCC I created
viewtopic.php?t=83158
J. Lionheart
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by J. Lionheart »

I said Lancelot, but I'm voting for the Lancelot from Mallory's Morte D'Artur rather than from Excalibur. He would have some issue killing the ladies, but in a combat situation, especially if he didn't know they were women, he would destroy them.
Jeremiah Lionheart (Evan Cooney)
Only person ever to kill another player in KS's "Secret Enemy" game.
"Julius is convinced Evan Cooney was born to play Weasel Man." -Kevin
dark brandon
Knight
Comment: I want you more when you're afraid of me.

Unread post by dark brandon »

Gimli, Cause he's a dwarf, and has an axe.

Though, I have to hand it to westly too...
"We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine And the machine is bleeding to death The sun has fallen down And the billboards are all leering And the flags are all dead at the top of their poles ...I open up my wallet And it's full of blood "~~Godspeed you black emperor.
Killer Cyborg
Priest

J. Lionheart wrote:I said Lancelot, but I'm voting for the Lancelot from Mallory's Morte D'Artur rather than from Excalibur. He would have some issue killing the ladies, but in a combat situation, especially if he didn't know they were women, he would destroy them.

Why not Lancelot from Monty Python's Holy Grail...?
He has no qualms about killing women....

demos606
Hero

Unread post by demos606 »

Azrael wrote:***?! No Moonglum or Elric? How about Prince Corum the Champion of Chaos? I know I know, there all tragic anti-heroes but still!

King Conan for teh win.

I gotta go with Azreal on this one, though my vote is for Stormbringer in the end cause its turning on whomever is left when the dust settles :demon:
What a cruel thing is war: to separate and destroy families and friends, and mar the purest joys and happiness God has granted us in this world; to fill our hearts with hatred instead of love for our neighbors, and to devastate the fair face of this beautiful world. - R E Lee
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. - G Orwell
Gallahan
Adventurer

I just can't believe that Wesley beat ASH!!!! C'mon fellas and gals... !!!!

Ash would kick Wes's ARS. :)

:-P :-P :-P :-P :-P :-P :-P :-P
Dr. Doom III
Knight

Unread post by Dr. Doom III »

Lynx8882 wrote:i find it amusing for all the people who say their vote goes to Conan post it but didnt vote that way up top hes only got 1 so far

Lynx

Conan is all about struggle. :)
"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear."
-George Orwell
***Posting of articles does not imply endorsement of such***
Killer Cyborg
Priest

Gallahan wrote:I just can't believe that Wesley beat ASH!!!! C'mon fellas and gals... !!!!

Ash would kick Wes's ARS. :)

:-P :-P :-P :-P :-P :-P :-P :-P

I like Ash, but Wesley is smarter and a much better fighter.

Gallahan
Adventurer

It's good to see Ash on top again. :)

The actor that plays him... (having a brain moment here) ....will be in Fargo, North Dakota at the Fargo Theatre doing a comedy routine, a book signing and premiering his latest movie. It's the first phase of this year's ValleyCon Sci-fi/Fantasy/Horror convention in Fargo, North Dakota. So, if there are any fans of his --Bruce Campbell?-- , he'll be there. Check out their website.

Anyway, I prefer Ash over all of them because of his one liner humor and don't take crap attitude. Yeah, I know. I originally voted for Lancelot, but then came to my senses.
Warpig
Wanderer

Unread post by Warpig »

Dr. Doom v.3.2.4 wrote:Duh!

Conan.

No one can stand up to Conan.

Ur damn right, CONAN would pwn all those fools, huh??? is up with Wesley's high score, that's offensive! He's like a girlier version of Madmartigan!
Conan's sole purpose in life is to "Crush his enemies, see them driven before him and to here the lamentations of thier women!" Not to mention he's got the fricken sword of atlantis although he's equally deadly with ANY weapon as well as with NO weapons, Not to mention you dont see him wearing much armor anyways so he's used to that, whats up when lancelot has his ribs broken into his vitals when Conan's powerful arms drive his steel through or inwardly creases into his armor making it useless, not to mention how much more tired you'd be after fighting all those heroes in full armor, Conan on the other hand practically never fatigues...
Warpig
Wanderer

Unread post by Warpig »

and yes I think ASH would be 2nd best b/c of his uncanny/unrealistic luck and his BOOMSTICK but I dont see how he fits into the same category as all these other high fantasy related heroes.
dark brandon
Knight

Gimli would win, cause they'd all laugh and be like "look at the midget", and fight each other ignoring the dwarf who would walk up to them and be like "are these your knees? Well, I hope you don't need them any more" and cut them down and laugh as they bleed to death.
"We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine And the machine is bleeding to death The sun has fallen down And the billboards are all leering And the flags are all dead at the top of their poles ...I open up my wallet And it's full of blood "~~Godspeed you black emperor.
sinestus
Adventurer

Unread post by sinestus »

while Ash is impressive from his army of darkness days,
he would prolly be sucked into the vorted of Hercules/Kull as sorbo only ever plays one character, one personalty, irreguardless the character he's supposed to be and Ash is tied into his success...

all of the LOTR newbs would be like "Where's gandalf? Where's Frodo?" and get blindsided by the mighty Conan....

as would william wallace while he debated if he should wear wode and go to war despite the fact that his people no longer wore wode or back to freakin australia where he left his doom-car...

all the others are second-stringers who don't really carry their own weight...

and wesley's kinda dead (the pill only lasted a few hours... the spaniard bled to death, and the giant and princess died of starvation in the wilderness...)

Now, Robin Hood (Flynn or the Mel Brooks one) would kick all their arses as he never fights fair in the first place and his whole crew of mery men would show up...
I believe Socrates said it best at, "I drank what?"

"JESUS SAVES! The rest of you take full damage."

They call me Hadoken 'cause I'm down-right fierce.
Gallahan
Adventurer

Don't forget about poor, lost and ignored Eowyn. I mean, she did kill the Witch King of the Nazgul AND his mount, right? I think she even did pretty well against the oliphants.

I mean, c'mon, sure it was a "unique" kind of situation, but I just don't think the rest of the guys would raise a sword to her because she's pretty gorgeous... (sigh) That blonde hair like strands of gossamer gold blowing with the breeze... Those gorgeous, almost mesmerizing eyes... Her brilliant smile that lets you know that the world is indeed worth fighting for...

Oh, sorry, was day dreaming again!!! Doh!!!!!! 8)
Warpig
Wanderer

Unread post by Warpig »

Gallahan wrote:Don't forget about poor, lost and ignored Eowyn. I mean, she did kill the Witch King of the Nazgul AND his mount, right? I think she even did pretty well against the oliphants.

I mean, c'mon, sure it was a "unique" kind of situation, but I just don't think the rest of the guys would raise a sword to her because she's pretty gorgeous... (sigh) That blonde hair like strands of gossamer gold blowing with the breeze... Those gorgeous, almost mesmerizing eyes... Her brilliant smile that lets you know that the world is indeed worth fighting for...

Oh, sorry, was day dreaming again!!! Doh!!!!!! 8)

Not Really, Conan is cold, iron willed and relentless, he and went infiltrated into Thulsa Doom's impenetrable fortress, his Mountain of Power and inside he and his 2 companions slaughtered everyone in this massive cult orgy servants, guards, men, women, anything that got in the way. Conan would kill anything if he had to survive and not think about it, it became second nature to him after spending the majority of his life being a slave/highly trained pit figher/gladiator.
Gallahan
Adventurer

I was looking at the scores and was surprised to see that Ash is on top, Wesley is 2nd and Conan 3rd. What this tells me is people like Ash because of his comic, sarcastic style with humorous "no sherlock" attitude.

Wes is next because not only is he an expert swordsman, accomplished pirate, but moreso, he uses his mind to outwit his opponents.

And Conan, well, he's Conan. THUMP!!! THWACK!

So, Brains and ATtitude beat Brawn, apparently. :)

Unread post by Guest »

I really don't think Ash should be in a poll like this.

But yeah...Conan wouldn't care about Eowyn...hearing the lamentations of women is one of the perks to him.
Warpig
Wanderer

Unread post by Warpig »

yea, ax ASH outta this poll he's science fiction/cult classic, def not the same category here.

When's the last time you saw an episode of Hercules killing someone, and I mean a person/normal human and not a God or Monster/ Inhuman Enemy? Herc always knocks people out or throws them outta the way. I think he would hesitate killing people let alone not being able to will himself to kill a woman.

btw I don't think Wesley's impecable wit is going to work on everyone, especially Conan the Barbarian who would respond with three possible outcomes all ending the same:
Wesley: "What say we gain odds on our foes by fighting together, ol' chap?"
Conan: "Enough Talk!" *hurls himself at Wesley with a series of figure-8 slashes taking Wesley apart

Wesley: "I say, ol' chum. Watchout behind you, turn around a dwarf is attacking you!"
Conan: *not even paying attention to his pitted enemie's blabbering "EEEAAAAARRGGHH! CROM!!" *runs wesley through with his massive Sword of Atlantis.

Wesley: "Bi-joe! Now listen here you-"
Conan: *moves fluidly from kill to kill, decapatating Wesley, as he was trained to do during nearly all of his naturally born life spent as a highly prized slave/gladiator and trained by the war masters of the east, always training, seeking to master the riddle of steel
dark brandon
Knight

Warpig wrote:yea, ax ASH outta this poll he's science fiction/cult classic, def not the same category here.

When's the last time you saw an episode of Hercules killing someone, and I mean a person/normal human and not a God or Monster/ Inhuman Enemy? Herc always knocks people out or throws them outta the way. I think he would hesitate killing people let alone not being able to will himself to kill a woman.

btw I don't think Wesley's impecable wit is going to work on everyone, especially Conan the Barbarian who would respond with three possible outcomes all ending the same:
Wesley: "What say we gain odds on our foes by fighting together, ol' chap?"
Conan: "Enough Talk!" *hurls himself at Wesley with a series of figure-8 slashes taking Wesley apart

Wesley: "I say, ol' chum. Watchout behind you, turn around a dwarf is attacking you!"
Conan: *not even paying attention to his pitted enemie's blabbering "EEEAAAAARRGGHH! CROM!!" *runs wesley through with his massive Sword of Atlantis.

Wesley: "Bi-joe! Now listen here you-"
Conan: *moves fluidly from kill to kill, decapatating Wesley, as he was trained to do during nearly all of his naturally born life spent as a highly prized slave/gladiator and trained by the war masters of the east, always training, seeking to master the riddle of steel

Conan would be shot from behind by ash or Legolas.

Conan after getting shot in the back, "...Crom..."

Crom, "hey, what are you doing, leave me out of this"

Westly would find some way to escape the arena and charm audiances and women for generations to come.
In the end, the only warrior left alive would be gimli, and to a lesser degree westly who really isn't into that whole arena thing...too barbaric for his taste.
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

Legolas would win because he'd take out the rest before they got close enough to hit him.
Gallahan
Adventurer

Of course Ash belongs in the poll. Army of Darkness was by far more of a fantasy movie than horror or whatever it was classified as. I mean, c'mon, there were knights, horses, arches, a keep. Sure he arrived from modern times with an attitude, but other than having a boomstick, he blended in. Okay, maybe he didn't blend in, but it was a fantasy movie of sorts, mixed genre at least.

As Ash would say in his most brazen sarcastic voice, "Don't be whining just because you voted for the wrong guy." :)

----That was meant in a humorous way!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Warpig
Wanderer

Unread post by Warpig »

how is Wesley going to escape the arena? those things are made so it is impossible for people to climb out of them...

Conan can get shot, bleed a bunch and shrug it off, if he gets hurt so bad that he could be killed he'll numbly topple to the ground gripping his sword and his Valkeryie babe Valeria will suddenly appear out of thin air in front of his attacker saying to Conan "Do you want to live forever?" whence upon she slashes the attacker across the eyes, Conan picks himself up through sheer willpower and barbaric strength and grimly kills every living thing in that arena even if it means he falls to the ground dead afterward...but then Akiro just has him resurected again :D, and then Conan goes looking around for enemies to kill in vengeance of his second death.
Necrite
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Necrite »

I'd just like to point out that it's Westley, not Wesley. And the man in black would win. Anything else would be... Inconceivable!
"I have to applaud you for doing all that math :D" - Nekira Sudacne
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

Necrite wrote:I'd just like to point out that it's Westley, not Wesley. And the man in black would win. Anything else would be... Inconceivable!

Westley Crusher? From ST:TNG?
Warpig
Wanderer

Unread post by Warpig »

Necrite wrote:I'd just like to point out that it's Westley, not Wesley. And the man in black would win. Anything else would be... Inconceivable!

yea...but this isn't a duel of wits with a wisea$$ midget. This is gladiatoral combat, a massive ffa grand melee.
Necrite
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Necrite »

Yes, but he beat Inigo, then Fezzig, then the midget with the ego problem (Vizzini). Then, still mostly dead, he defeated 60 men with only two allies and convinced Humperdinck to surrender, even though he was barely unable to move. He would simply outfight those he needed to, then trick any who were left into fleeing or surrendering.
"I have to applaud you for doing all that math :D" - Nekira Sudacne
Warpig
Wanderer

Unread post by Warpig »

seeing as how Conan or Hercules or maybe even Ash would probably take that twig of a sword he has and risk being cut or stabbed with it once to grab it (like in that movie Rob Roy) snap it into peices with their bare hands, and finally helpless Westley would get romped on. And no I doubt anyone of these heroes is stupid and lethargic enough for Westley to strangle like Andre the Giant. Conan and Hercules got around his strength but none of his gigantic weaknesses.
dark brandon
Knight

Warpig wrote:how is Wesley going to escape the arena? those things are made so it is impossible for people to climb out of them...

it's Westley, it's what he does.

They may seem impossible to climb out of...but Westley'd find a way, especially if true love was on the other end of the arena.
Warpig
Wanderer

Unread post by Warpig »

Dark Brandon wrote:
Warpig wrote:how is Wesley going to escape the arena? those things are made so it is impossible for people to climb out of them...

it's Westley, it's what he does.

They may seem impossible to climb out of...but Westley'd find a way, especially if true love was on the other end of the arena.

I'm pretty sure they don't just seem that way, that they actually are meant to keep ppl in and besides if he's leaving the arena, retreating, isnt that just running away and forfeiting/losing the fight
dark brandon
Knight

Warpig wrote:I'm pretty sure they don't just seem that way, that they actually are meant to keep ppl in and besides if he's leaving the arena, retreating, isnt that just running away and forfeiting/losing the fight

He is forfeiting, but what does he care. He's Westley.

He's a smart guy, and probably wouldn't care about something like this anyways. Unless your holding his true love and saying if he dies, she'll die, he may then stay in the arena, but he's nobody's monkey, and probably woud find a way around it to free his love and live happily ever after without having to fight in an area setting.
Gallahan
Adventurer

I must agree, if "true love" is involved, Wesley could accomplish the impossible. And that's a quality that Ash doesn't have. Sure, he's cocky, he's sarcastic and hilarious with one liners, but he doesn't have the depth of Wes.

TRUE LOVE conquers! However, Ash seems to be winning. :P
Goliath Strongarm
Hero

Unread post by Goliath Strongarm »

Gallahan wrote:I must agree, if "true love" is involved, Wesley could accomplish the impossible. And that's a quality that Ash doesn't have. Sure, he's cocky, he's sarcastic and hilarious with one liners, but he doesn't have the depth of Wes.

But, Wes fights for something different than himself. Ash has that one single drive, which is the most powerful thing anyone can ever have- self-preservation.

That man will do ANYTHING so he can live, and live right...

--
GS
:bandit:
Warpig
Wanderer

Unread post by Warpig »

Goliath Strongarm wrote:
Gallahan wrote:I must agree, if "true love" is involved, Wesley could accomplish the impossible. And that's a quality that Ash doesn't have. Sure, he's cocky, he's sarcastic and hilarious with one liners, but he doesn't have the depth of Wes.

But, Wes fights for something different than himself. Ash has that one single drive, which is the most powerful thing anyone can ever have- self-preservation.

That man will do ANYTHING so he can live, and live right...

--
GS
:bandit:

Yea, I gotta say that advantage has a much stronger drive, I see the same thing from Conan the Barbarian too though, although Conan is more like a living example of Nieztche's Ubermench or "Overman"
the philosopher’s personification of the will to power, the expression of human existence superior to that of the conventional, sentimental, bourgeois moral majority (to use a contemporary term) whom Nietzsche held in contempt. Nietzsche "attacks man’s moral principles,"
Conan
"Hungry, violent, lonely, godless: thus the lion-will wants itself. Free from the happiness of slaves, redeemed from gods and adorations, fearless and fear-inspiring, great and lonely: such is the will of the truthful."
Gallahan
Adventurer

Well, it looks like ASH has it won, arms down (no pun intended). ;)

So, is it called, is it finished?

Does ASH of all people truly have the day or can any other hero summon a MERE four (4) FOUR votes to take the lead once and for all?

We shall see... :-P :-P :-P :-P
Warpig
Wanderer

Unread post by Warpig »

as far as this poll is concerned, the numbers add up to that for everyone.

I myself literally can't be convinced otherwise that Conan would be anything other than victorious (even if he ended up dieing in the process) thats just Conan. And I know Conan, I'm obsessed, he's my 1 true hero I've been a fan ever since I first saw snipits of the movie on TV when my parents weren't watching when I was 6 yrs. old.
call me ignorant for it, but it's the only thing that makes sense to me, after I've seen the Barbarian movie and read the Howard books, also read some of the ones done by Robert Jordan (wheel of time guy) masterfully done I must say. And I'll still trudge on with Conan being my inspiration, mastering the riddle of steel.
Warpig
Wanderer

Unread post by Warpig »

Autumns Fire wrote:I say Xena, She's defeated gods before. :lol:

check out this link, a match between Conan and Xena has already been predetermined by the WWWF online;

http://www.grudge-match.com/History/xena-conan.shtml
Gallahan
Adventurer

I'm surprised that Xena and Eowyn didn't rank higher in this poll. Okay, Eowyn only had her ONE (yet tremendous) moment of greatness, while Xena had multiple ones. Of course, the writers of Xena don't compare to the great J.R.R. Tolkien, and therefore granted Xena and unrealistic success in a fantasy environment. So, Xena might have *quantity* but Eowyn has *quality.*

I think that the women of fantasy just haven't been dealt that great of a hand in this fantasy game of Texas Holdem. Okay, Red Sonja should've been included, but she doesn't get much more than Xena.
Warpig
Wanderer

Unread post by Warpig »

Gallahan wrote:I'm surprised that Xena and Eowyn didn't rank higher in this poll. Okay, Eowyn only had her ONE (yet tremendous) moment of greatness, while Xena had multiple ones. Of course, the writers of Xena don't compare to the great J.R.R. Tolkien, and therefore granted Xena and unrealistic success in a fantasy environment. So, Xena might have *quantity* but Eowyn has *quality.*

I think that the women of fantasy just haven't been dealt that great of a hand in this fantasy game of Texas Holdem. Okay, Red Sonja should've been included, but she doesn't get much more than Xena.

As for Xena and her flying disc if you didnt see the post a couple above this then you're missing out. Here's the Link:

http://www.grudge-match.com/History/xena-conan.shtml

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”