Who is Your Favorite PB Artist?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

mmmm..... Peanut Butter artist....
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
Sentinel
Palladin

Unread post by Sentinel »

can't choose. Too many I like. Brain bleeding from trying to pick just one...
when you get right down to it, Sentinel's right.~Uncle Servo.

Sentinel. you'll be always loved by the German Princess.~Nelly

That's twice in one day Sentinel has cleaned up my mess.~The Galactus Kid.

That's the best place to start. Otherwise, listen to Sentinel~lather

Listen to the Sentinel...he speaks truth.~ Shadyslug

Sentinel you have the biggest sig I've ever seen~Natasha

Unread post by Guest »

the guy who drew most of atlantis and the shemarrian, newton ewell.

perez, love butternutsquash too.

martin, those naruni weapons were awesome.
Brian Manning
Palladium Books® Freelance Artist
Comment: I'm the King of Rock, There is none higher!
Sucka MC's should call me sire!

Unread post by Brian Manning »

LOL, isn't this done like every month? It's usually done as a poll, though.

I don't mean any disrespect, just an observation. Actually it's funny that this came up after BTS2 came out, because I have a new artist to add to my list of favorites...Roger Peterson. He's great! I love his stuff, and his inking has that Perez feel to it.

Perez is still going to be the fan favorite, but before people start listing their "least" favorite, I want to go on record saying that I really enjoy Burles' art. His stuff in Rifter 29 looks great.
Artwork • Social Media • Writing • Shenanigans
Brian-Manning.com

Unread post by Guest »

If we are going least favorite, I have to say that Breaux's sense of proportion hurts my eyes, I haven't seen his recent art, but I did not like the older stuff like in HuRevised.
Jesterzzn
Champion

Unread post by Jesterzzn »

Johnson is my favorite, because he might be reading this. :wink:
:fool:
Uncle Servo
Champion

Unread post by Uncle Servo »

I swear one of these days I'm going to save this to my hard drive or something so I don't have to re-type it or hunt for it every time this thread pops up... :lol:

Uncle Servo wrote:This is going to sounds like the mother of all cop-outs, but there's just no way I can vote for just one favorite. There are qualities I like about several of them:

Kevin Long -- Great bot/weapon/vehicle design (except for the 'willy cannons' in some of the NG designs). Plus an old sentimental favorite due to the fact I cut my RPG teeth on Robotech. Figures are a little stiff though.

Wayne Breaux -- Good with concepts and technical-style illustrations. Can also back up his illustrations with solid writing. Also, with literally thousands of illustrations to his credit he's the epitome of dependability. Good all-around asset. Use of shading film can be frustrating though when I try and color them.

Vince Martin -- Good linework and good dynamic figures that imply a sense of motion even when standing still. Some of his technical designs are a little far-fetched though, particularly the impossibly wide grips on Naruni weapons.

Ramon Perez -- Good use of light/dark areas to build atmosphere. Also presents a 'snapshot moment' quality that invites the viewer into the scene. Some of his illustrations can be hard to do more than simply base color, though.

Scott Johnson -- Like Breaux, a solid quality all-around b/w artist... but what blows me away with Scott is his color art (particularly the pieces he did for the Rifts CCG). They're almost photorealistic. He truly knows his way around PhotoShop.

William McKenna -- good portrait artist. The faces of the characters he illustrates really resembles actual people.

Like Terry57x said, these guys do great work and Palladium is fortunate to have them all doing stuff for Rifts at some point or another.

I'd throw in a vote for myself, but I haven't been published in any PB work as yet... ;)
My Artwork Samples Set on Deviant Art
Hi! I'm Danger, but today I'll be Uncle Servo's Sock Puppet. -- Danger
US <Uncle> saves the day again. -- RockJock
And Servo has engineered another good idea. -- Sentinel
LDMcFear™
Explorer

Unread post by LDMcFear™ »

Kevin Long Hands Down :)
Dead Boy
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: Eternal Defender of C.S. Righteous Indignation
~
Adamant Advocate for the Last Best Hope for Uncorrupted Humanity
~
Stalwart Exponent of the C.S.’s Eminent Domain of Man
~
Arbiter of Coalition Dogma and the Precepts of Emperor Prosek

Unread post by Dead Boy »

Today I leaning towards Wayne Breaux and Scott Johnson, but I retain the right to change my mind on a whim for no reason at all. :)
From the author of The RCSG, Ft. Laredo & the E. St. Louis Rift in Rifter #37, The Coalition Edge in Rifter #42, New Chillicothe & the N.C. Burbs in Rifter #54, New Toys of the Coalition States in Rifter #57, and The Black-Malice Legacy in Rifters #63, 64 & (Pt. 3, TBA)

[img]x[/img]

Unread post by Guest »

oh yeah, williams too.

and whoever drew the anime looking stuff in Pu1 and Pu2...he rocks.

Unread post by Guest »

Perez is my all time favorite artist. His works in New West, FoM, Psyscape, and others really illustrates out the books meanings. But I haven't seen any of his work in any recent books, anyone know why?

Unread post by Guest »

he's got art in BTS2e.

see also butternutsquash, his webcomic.
Brian Manning
Palladium Books® Freelance Artist
Comment: I'm the King of Rock, There is none higher!
Sucka MC's should call me sire!

Unread post by Brian Manning »

Edge wrote:he's got art in BTS2e.

see also butternutsquash, his webcomic.

And Dinosaur Swamp.
Artwork • Social Media • Writing • Shenanigans
Brian-Manning.com
Sureshot
Champion
Comment: They Saved Sureshot's Brain!

Unread post by Sureshot »

Res Sin Kai wrote:Perez is my all time favorite artist. His works in New West, FoM, Psyscape, and others really illustrates out the books meanings. But I haven't seen any of his work in any recent books, anyone know why?

I agree he is my favorite artist at present. He also has done some great work for Mutants and Masterminds. As for why he is not in any current books I think he is now working for Green Ronin. I could be wrong on that though.
If it's stupid and it works. It's not stupid

Palladium can't be given a free pass for criticism because people have a lot of emotion invested in it.

Pathfinder is good. It is not the second coming of D&D.

Surshot is absolutely right. (Kevin Seimbeda)

Enlightened Grognard

When I step out of line the mods do their jobs. I don't benefit from some sort of special protection.
Uncle Servo
Champion

Unread post by Uncle Servo »

JayBuzz wrote:
Jesterzzn wrote:Johnson is my favorite, because he might be reading this. :wink:

The single best piece of work in the megaverse is the cover to Chaos Earth :eek:

I'm sure Scott will appreciate hearing THAT... :ok:
My Artwork Samples Set on Deviant Art
Hi! I'm Danger, but today I'll be Uncle Servo's Sock Puppet. -- Danger
US <Uncle> saves the day again. -- RockJock
And Servo has engineered another good idea. -- Sentinel
cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Unread post by cornholioprime »

Mighty_Grackle wrote:I love Longs work in Triax and NGR, along with his various others.
Kevin S. does great things as well, especialy his comic strip in Triax and NGR
Another artist I like is...don't know full name, does anyone else know? (S)He sighns his(her) work NE93
Newton Ewell.

For those of you not in the know, his Trademark is INCREDIBLY ornate detail in his Drawings, at least the few that he's done for Rifts. You can see his Artwork in "Pantheons of the Megaverse," "Atlantis," and smatterings here and there throughout the Rifts Books.

If you see a Drawing of a Creature, and it looks like every millimeter of the character is ornate, and detailed beyond description......it's probably a Ewell.

BTW, unless I'm mistaken, he drew nearly every single God and Minion in the Hindu Gods Section of "Pantheons."

(Maybe I should input his name into the "Whatever Happened To" Thread)
The Kevinomicon, Book of Siembieda 3:16.

16 Blessed art Thou above all others, O COALITION STATES, beloved of Kevin;

17 For Thou art allowed to do Evil without Limit, nor do thy Enemies retaliate.

18 Thy Military be run by Fools and Dotards.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
Dead Boy
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: Eternal Defender of C.S. Righteous Indignation
~
Adamant Advocate for the Last Best Hope for Uncorrupted Humanity
~
Stalwart Exponent of the C.S.’s Eminent Domain of Man
~
Arbiter of Coalition Dogma and the Precepts of Emperor Prosek

Re: Who is Your Favorite PB Artist?

Unread post by Dead Boy »

JayBuzz wrote:Just wondered who every one's favorite artits were.

Today, thinking of that cool full page pick in Free Quebec, (pg. 73) I'd have to go with my main man, Wayne Breaux. He's come a long way since Merncaries.
From the author of The RCSG, Ft. Laredo & the E. St. Louis Rift in Rifter #37, The Coalition Edge in Rifter #42, New Chillicothe & the N.C. Burbs in Rifter #54, New Toys of the Coalition States in Rifter #57, and The Black-Malice Legacy in Rifters #63, 64 & (Pt. 3, TBA)

[img]x[/img]
Swift-13
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Swift-13 »

Apollo Okamura and Ramon Perez. ^_^
Wildfire
Adventurer

Unread post by Wildfire »

I am totally amased that I am not the only one to like Kevin Long's work especially the cover to strike force I love the Armoured VF in the city (it would be as slow as a the MAC 3 it is guarding )

Unread post by Guest »

Oh yeah, Williams rocks...

I loved to color Long and Martin's pictures with my map colors most though.

Return to “Rifts®”