Combat in Southern Cross

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Colonel Wolfe
Knight
Comment: Poster's making baseless accusations of illegal actions go on the Foe list...

Unread post by Colonel Wolfe »

with Robotech being the Prototype MDC RPG, and Kevins influence fomr Carl Macek, they paint a Dim picture of the SC Mecha (when they Label them correctly).

if you have seen the Animation for SC, you see the EU-11 Laser pod taking out Bioroids in Single hits, Tweeking the System for better performance is easy enough. The Damage out put of the Average Southren cross Bataloid Shouldnt be on Par with a Deatroid... but a Guy with a Machine gun isnt comparable to a tank either.

Some of the Squads do have Low Dmg. Weapons Assigned ot them. w/o doin a Rifts power creep in Robotech, Keep Small arms MDc to A Minimum, most of the Squads do have powerarmor & babtloids thou.
Give another Gamer a hand up with his education.
"By no means am I an expert on Southern Cross (I cordially detest the series)"-Seto
"Truth is determined by the evidence, not some nonexistent seniority system."-Seto
Colonel Wolfe
Knight
Comment: Poster's making baseless accusations of illegal actions go on the Foe list...

heres Links to the Armies of the SC, with Correct armor, and Mecha: (compliments of Stan bundy)

http://scarmyofone.000k2.com/scross/images/MFAAHF-SC_pp9-10.jpg

http://scarmyofone.000k2.com/scross/images/MFAAHGF-SC_pp7-8.jpg
Last edited by Colonel Wolfe on Tue Oct 26, 2004 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
"By no means am I an expert on Southern Cross (I cordially detest the series)"-Seto
"Truth is determined by the evidence, not some nonexistent seniority system."-Seto
Adam of the Old Kingdom
Adventurer

Unread post by Adam of the Old Kingdom »

I too was going to point out that the bioroid weapon drums can really put a crimp in your day when Medium bursts are employed.
Munchkin Cat Minion
Colonel Wolfe
Knight

I know Robotech had the Old Burst Rules in it, (x3 short, x5 med. x10Long IIRC)

Rifts revised the Mutipliers, and got rid of Med. bursts i think... (to many months since i read a rifts/palladium book).
Rabid Southern Cross Fan
Champion

Unread post by Rabid Southern Cross Fan »

Colonel Wolfe wrote:heres Links to the Armies of the SC, with Correct armor, and Mecha: (compliments of Stan bundy)

Actually, those were courtesy of Zor_Master over at the RDF HQ Message Board. Took quite a few of us, including myself and Nathan Babcock, quite by surprise. The real gem in this was the CDU Unicorn Battloid. We had a number of debates back and forth with Mr Rob Morgenstern about the Triton and the Unicorn. I think it was rtsurfer that pointed to the fact that the Triton had what appeared aquatic-based gear.

The book these come from is top of my list of anime related books to find.

I recommend Nathan's website as its quite nice. He and I dont always agree about things, but thats to be expected.
Colonel Wolfe
Knight

Well, I got them From Stan, who got hem from god knows where. I just thanked the guy who gave them to me.
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

AlexanderDeath wrote:Best guy to talk to on the boards reguarding SC rules variations on Combat would have to be RabidSouthernCrossFan - this is something though, that many posts have addressed in the past.

Theres a number of other websites to, including Nathan Babcocks:
http://southern-cross.ath.cx/index.html

Am I the only one who has a problem with that link?
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
MOrab46019
Wanderer

Unread post by MOrab46019 »

I had trouble with it also the link that is. I hope someone will share it.
Wildfire
Adventurer

SC combat

Unread post by Wildfire »

I really have never had a problem with most SC combat.
From my memory the only bioroids that were blown up in single shots were the weaker blue bioroids.
Besides if the EU-11 could take out a red Bioroid in 1 shot how much fun would it be and how powerful would the Ion canon be

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”