If the rifts occured tomorow what would happen to you?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

see subject title

Die
27%
use your hunting skills to survive
22%
survive until you ran out of bullets
11%
survive until you ran out of dogs and people to east
5%
fornicate with anyone until you die
18%
wish you had joined heavens gate while you had the chance
2%
run in circles screaming
9%
survive until winter and then slowly freeze and starve to death
7%

Total votes: 102

Vrykolas2k
Champion
Location: A snow-covered forest, littered with the bones of my slain enemies...

Unread post by Vrykolas2k »

I like going out in the woods and sometimes forgetting when i should come back, so I'd be fine... summer, winter, doesnae matter.
Eyes without life, maggot-ridden corpses, mountains of skulls... these are a few of my favourite things.

I am the first angel, loved once above all others...

Light a man a fire, and he's warm for a day; light a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Turning the other cheek just gets you slapped harder.

The Smiling Bandit (Strikes Again!! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!)
SkyeFyre
Hero

Unread post by SkyeFyre »

I would probably.... hrm... well winter wouldn't get me... I'm Canadian ^_^... bring it... lol

Probably... um.. actually knowing me I'd get so startled that I'd trip over my own feet and then hit my head on a lamp post knocking me unconscious as I fall into the street and I'd die by an out of control bicycle
"If your party is doing anything but running like hell trying not to get vaporized, the GM is not running the Mechanoids correctly." -Geronimo 2.0
"Coming Summer 1994... Mechanoid Space!"
75 GM Geek Points
Specter
Adventurer

Unread post by Specter »

I'd start figuring out how to throw a fireball that's for sure.
My dragon juicer died because of magical sock puppets. - ash_wednesday

hell id go on spectors pods- Cherico

keep Specter's ass out of my general area when he fells naked- Rayven

Specter "the poopy pants man"-CyberPaladin85

http://beautifuldiscord.blogspot.com My Poetry/Short Stories I want you to comment!
SkyeFyre
Hero

Unread post by SkyeFyre »

Specter wrote:I'd start figuring out how to throw a fireball that's for sure.

I second that
"If your party is doing anything but running like hell trying not to get vaporized, the GM is not running the Mechanoids correctly." -Geronimo 2.0
"Coming Summer 1994... Mechanoid Space!"
75 GM Geek Points
Specter
Adventurer

Unread post by Specter »

Until an MDC creature shows up... while you were getting comfortable I was learning how to set my fingers to "shake n' bake biatch". Fire ball baby!
My dragon juicer died because of magical sock puppets. - ash_wednesday

hell id go on spectors pods- Cherico

keep Specter's ass out of my general area when he fells naked- Rayven

Specter "the poopy pants man"-CyberPaladin85

http://beautifuldiscord.blogspot.com My Poetry/Short Stories I want you to comment!
King Chopper
Explorer

Unread post by King Chopper »

Well if I didn’t get killed in an earthquake, I’d grab what family I had left and start heading east, away from the coast. Pick up a gun or two along the way with some rounds, raid what supermarkets we could find along the way. Be cool if I gained some sort of Psi powers in all of it, God knows the way I am I’d turn out to be a Burster. :x Flame on!
If I weren't a snob, I'd be unworthy of being French. -Svartalf
"The death penalty may make the State a murderer, but the penal system makes the State into a gay dungeonmaster."
-attributed to Jesse Jackson

Threads killed to date: 23+ and counting

Ice Dragon
Hero

Unread post by Ice Dragon »

The possibility to die if I run out of ammo increases - but I still have my saber :lol: :D.
It is always a bad thing when political matters are allowed to affect the planning of operations (Field Marshal Erwin Rommel, 1943)

Nelly ~ He's one romantic smooth operator and a true old school gentleman. Heck he's an Austrian officer, it's in his blood.

Co-Holder with Jefffar of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

10 + 100 Geek Points (Danger + Shawn Merrow)
MADMANMIKE
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The Emolancer

Unread post by MADMANMIKE »

..This isn't as fun to contemplate as it was about 4 years ago before I had kids... None of your options fit...

..I make a habit of collecting friendships with survivalist types, so my personal wilderness skills aren't all that necessary. I would spend the first twenty four hours collecting said friends, and probably head down south about 80 miles to a place called West Plains, aka Kingsdale, and greet the Elves upon their arrival...

..Of course, they aren't due for another 30 to 90 years, and there's the whole earthquake and ashen rain issue to deal with, along with that stupid arch about 100 miles away to the east....

..Then again, there's a granite replica of Stone Henge at UMR about 23 miles from here too.....

-Mike <8]
Minions - Character Sheets <---- UPDATED LINK TO MY DA PAGE!!!
Must repeat my mantra: As a genius, I am not qualified to make the assessment "it doesn't take a genius to figure this out."
Janus
Dungeon Crawler
Location: If there is a bright center to the universe then I am in Uranus

Unread post by Janus »

Hunting skills baby. However I am a bit concerned about how long that would keep me alive considering I am not that far from Serpent's Mound and any other number of Indian religious sites. Hope they like Cherokee.
There is always a 5%chance of anything happening...even a monkey can crawl out of your butt.

Flamethrowers, that's what we need. The army has them, why can't we have them too?

I am the King of Thoughtless Wishing.

I nominate you for Fan Defensive Lineman of the year. - Geronimo 2.0
Dr. Doom III
Knight

Unread post by Dr. Doom III »

Nova Scotia.
Massive tsunami.
Game over.
"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear."
-George Orwell
***Posting of articles does not imply endorsement of such***
ApocalypseZero
Adventurer
Comment: Also known as: Lonnie Langston

Unread post by ApocalypseZero »

I'd test all those rulings out that everyone argues over, just so when a Dragon or something makes me a tasty morsle, I at least died knowing and happy. :D

Other than that, since I'm in Indiana (Indianapolis namely), I'd be close enough to pick my Kingdom.....Soulharvesters of Lexington, Stormspire (Lexington), Dunscon, Dweomer, or Psyscape. Choices, choices, choices. At least I know winter wouldn't kill me.
Only Time Will Tell, Unfortunately The Bastard Never Speaks.
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

Armed to the teeth.
Magic Zone.
Go down shooting and stabbing.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
dark brandon
Knight
Comment: I want you more when you're afraid of me.

Unread post by dark brandon »

Sell my soul to the first Other-worldy Intellegence (Preferably Vampire) that came along. Eat everyone.
"We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine And the machine is bleeding to death The sun has fallen down And the billboards are all leering And the flags are all dead at the top of their poles ...I open up my wallet And it's full of blood "~~Godspeed you black emperor.
Josh Sinsapaugh
Comment: Carrying friends out of crowds and standing in the doorway looking like the Jack of Hearts since November 2008.

Unread post by Josh Sinsapaugh »

fornicate with anyone until you die

Yup, I got my priorities straight...well then again it does say anyone...
Riftmaker
Adventurer

Unread post by Riftmaker »

i WOULD FREEZE IN WINTER
That or the voices in my head wold grant me magic one or the other
CyCo
Hero

Unread post by CyCo »

I don't have any survival skills beyond those of most people, and have virtually no skill with guns (paintball doesn't really count). As I'm on the coast of Oz, I know almost noone with a firearm. So I'ld probably just die.

But first, I'ld like to go out with the 'little death' first. I'ld snag the first female that walked by. >;)

Welcome to the boards badintelligence, where about this fine land of ours are you located?? Good to have another Ozzie here. ;)
Eureka!
I Want Rifts : Australia II & III...!!
Svartalf
Champion
Comment: Beware of the Friar Tuck type putting on the French Maid outfit!

Unread post by Svartalf »

Specter wrote:I'd start figuring out how to throw a fireball that's for sure.

MMmhhh... that or a sudden awakening of master psionics would probably be my only chance of survival
Svartalf - Flamboyantly Fresh Franco of Freedom Freakin' Fries : Shadyslug
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug - Cherico
PC stands for "patronizing cretin" G'mo
I name you honorary American Subjugator & Ratbastard
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

RPGMAN wrote:Guardians of the Flame was a great series.

A must read for any role-player.
Personally, I think his universe would make a great gameworld...
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
Neo
Explorer
Comment: God I feel old.

Unread post by Neo »

I would die within 48 hours due to the fact I live in a bad neighbourhood :(
What the Bloody Hell are you freaks all talking about
-- Rayven

The line I was referring to was the "If I step over this line I officially become so stupid that I no longer have a right to live" line
-- Shaded Helios

mmmm, time to make the chocolate chili. Yup! I prefected it
-- Sara The TG
Vrykolas2k
Champion
Location: A snow-covered forest, littered with the bones of my slain enemies...

Unread post by Vrykolas2k »

On my way into the Rockies {5 miles away lol}, I'd go on a mad killing spree hee hee hee.
Eyes without life, maggot-ridden corpses, mountains of skulls... these are a few of my favourite things.

I am the first angel, loved once above all others...

Light a man a fire, and he's warm for a day; light a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Turning the other cheek just gets you slapped harder.

The Smiling Bandit (Strikes Again!! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!)
Neo
Explorer
Comment: God I feel old.

Unread post by Neo »

I dont know I think beverly hills would be safe for at least 3 days
What the Bloody Hell are you freaks all talking about
-- Rayven

The line I was referring to was the "If I step over this line I officially become so stupid that I no longer have a right to live" line
-- Shaded Helios

mmmm, time to make the chocolate chili. Yup! I prefected it
-- Sara The TG
RoadWarriorFWaNK
Comment: on a death march

Unread post by RoadWarriorFWaNK »

i would sit in my room with my guns and my liquor and shoot anything that comes through that doorway.
Fat_Ninja
D-Bee
Comment: Quando omni flunkus moritati

Unread post by Fat_Ninja »

Well let's see here...

I basically live right where Psyscape pops up. Right in the Magic Zone. Hmmmm. My collection of powertools against the hordes of demons, evil mages, megaversal scavengers and assorted well-wishers.

I'm toast within minutes. Might be fun while it lasts, though.
Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

Re: what to do...

Unread post by Sir_Spirit »

Bohica wrote:On the specific topic "If the Rifts happened tommorow... So, we don't have the advent of the next 80-90years tech huh? Everything on our side would be SDC; alot more people would be mages/psi..."WOLVERINES!!!"

Unless the you were accidently rifted into the future...

As one of the 4 horsemen of the Apocolypse I would be pretty busy for a while but otherwise get along fine....
Damn ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol! Damn everyone who won’t damn ICE/BCP/Border Patrol!! Damn everyone that won’t put lights in his windows and sit up all night damning CE/BCP/BorderPatrol!!!
If you support ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol at this point, you would have called the Gestapo on the people surreptitiously moving into your neighbor's attic and huffed that you were only following the law.
Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

Writers Block wrote:None of the answers here fit for me. Assuming the supernatural didn't get me, and no natural disaster took me out (I am on Vancouver Island after all)..... .

Doesn't Vancouver island gets hit with a tidal wave?

And as the ocean has risen wouldn't that take you out too?
Damn ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol! Damn everyone who won’t damn ICE/BCP/Border Patrol!! Damn everyone that won’t put lights in his windows and sit up all night damning CE/BCP/BorderPatrol!!!
If you support ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol at this point, you would have called the Gestapo on the people surreptitiously moving into your neighbor's attic and huffed that you were only following the law.
Lagos
D-Bee

Unread post by Lagos »

I am a Human Supremicist aswell as a sneaky and coniving bastard I'd survive....sides I'm a Ferengi everyone wants a good merchant :D
grandmaster z0b
Champion

Unread post by grandmaster z0b »

I just hope the only thing I have to fight is Rifts vampires, I have a rainwater tank and a high pressure hose, sounds fun!
I know a guy who makes cannons, that would be SDC but would it do enough for simple MDC damage?

Remember none of us can change OCC because it's not Rifts canon so no matter what we're all vagabonds (thought many of us have martial arts which vagaonds can't have, oops all my combat skills have disappeared!).
The word "THAN" is important. Something is "better than" something else, not "better then", it's "rather than" not "rather then".

Unread post by Guest »

Hunting skills, my girlfriends dad has loads of guns/ammo/deer meat in a trailer in northern mississippi, I dont think that tidal wave hit memphis did it?

then me and my girlfriend would set about teaching our babies how to throw fireballs (kids have alot of p.p.e.)
cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Unread post by cornholioprime »

I'm going up north, gonna find me a way to become a Windigo.....then just gorge myself of RCMP forces unitl I'm either destroyed or..........At least when I go out, I'll have a full stomach...

"Keep your Money, and your Mojo. I WANT THE WEE BABY!!!!!!!!"
The Kevinomicon, Book of Siembieda 3:16.

16 Blessed art Thou above all others, O COALITION STATES, beloved of Kevin;

17 For Thou art allowed to do Evil without Limit, nor do thy Enemies retaliate.

18 Thy Military be run by Fools and Dotards.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
RainOfSteel
Champion

Unread post by RainOfSteel »

Ok, I voted, "run in circles screaming." :D

Given my sig, how could I do otherwise? 8-)
TableSmith :: RUE Topics Reference
Is it bad form to agree with you agreeing with me? ~ Toc Rat
And if something bugs you, you have a right to complain about it. ~ Killer Cyborg
The quality of the crate matters little. Success depends upon who sits in it. ~ Baron Manfred von Richtofen
Marcethus
Champion

Unread post by Marcethus »

Um none of those I live in the High Desert in cali so if the quake didn't kill me I would go into town raid the gunshop and hope no SN beastie comes my way. Though I would likely find myself to be a Psychic of some form probably Melter.
sHaka
Hero
Comment: Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt

Unread post by sHaka »

MADMANMIKE wrote:
..Then again, there's a granite replica of Stone Henge at UMR about 23 miles from here too.....

-Mike <8]

The real thing is about 60 miles from my house. I'd probably load my family into the Land rover and head for highground. Mind you the whole of Dorset is filled with stone rings (The Avesbury complex is also about 40 miles from me), round barrows and earthworks, so i'd probably be lucky to make it out alive. I live on the South coast, most of which would sink (according to the map in WB#3).

If I could make it to Dorchester i'd perhaps stand a fighting chance. Not much of a chance though. I'd most likely just roll a cigarette, have one last cup of tea, and sit on Maiden castle watching the tidal waves come rolling in.
Northern Gun Weapons Technician, R&D Department
Reading: Savage Worlds / Savage Rifts
Playing: Nothing U_U
Advocating: A free, super-slick .pdf of Palladium's core system with sample characters and scenario
My Dead Reign Character Sheet
Palladium Books RPG Google+ Community
Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

["MADMANMIKE"]..Then again, there's a granite replica of Stone Henge at UMR about 23 miles from here too.....[/quote]

Really you guys have one too?

Who built your?

Ours was made by an eccentric guy by the name of Sam Hill, we also have a museum he made from a mansion of his before he died.
RockJock
Knight

Unread post by RockJock »

It is a good thing I got all those painful tattoos from the freakishly tall guy with the greek accent.
RockJock, holder of the mighty Rune Rock Hammer!
Shin Kenshiro

Unread post by Shin Kenshiro »

Fulcrum wrote:Oh, I'd definitely survive the coming of the Rifts. I live in Escanaba, Michigan;

Do ya hunt wit da Soady's since yer in da UP? (Escanaba in da Moonlight for those who haven't seen it)

As I'm in Florida, I'd be gettin' ready to run. When the Rifts came, Atlantis wasn't the first thing out of the bag...it was the ley lines rupturing across the Earth. So we have nuclear sized explosions rocking the entire world...THEN the tidal waves...THEN the demons. So...I'd stick to the south, maybe haul butt up north into Alabama or Georgia. As Atlantis didn't make it's grand appearance right away, I'd have the time to snag my guns, my ammo, a chainsaw and axe, blankets, MRE's and other instant food items, get gas, then speed limits be damned! I'd be sure to snag an attractive girl or two on the way ("The world's in some serious ****, I've got a lot of guns and food. I can't promise that you'll live to see old age, but you'll live longer than you would staying in that house") and try to weather the storm. Problem is...the South becomes the Dinosaur Swamp. Still, at least my SDC guns will be effective on the smaller ones...
Shin Kenshiro

Hiroshima is the city you're talking about. And believe me, if the Rifts occured tomorrow...Hiroshima wouldn't do as well as it's made out to. Having lived there for a year, it's NOT an industrial powerhouse, nor does it have massive military capabilities. The areas that were teleported included Hiroshima and Iwakuni. Iwakuni is home to a US Marine Corps Air Station and part of the 1st Marine Aircraft Wing. The base is shared by both the USMC and the Japanese SDF...however, neither of them field ANYTHING remotely powerful ground-combat wise. I believe that there are several F-18 Hornet squadrons, several varying types of Helicopter squadrons (2 medium and 1 heavy when I was stationed there), and a small armory that in no possible way could carry enough weapons for every Marine on that base. I think you're MUCH better off not going there....besides, if the Rifts were to happen tomorrow, there's no testing area for teleporters in Japan. Hiroshima would be wiped away and really the only thing that would survive in Japan would be the New Empire.
Shin Kenshiro

Illithid13 wrote:True, but I guess I was referring to the "if all were as it is in the books" clause that was preffaced in the post that I was refering to.

Oh, BTW, thanks on the spelling of Hiroshima... I'm a horable speller...

Where did you see the "all in the books" thing? If I'd seen it, I'd only correct you on your spelling of Hiroshima and Tokyo
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

i'd raid the local gun stores, stock up on food, and high tail it to the south east to study the dinosaurs.

guess i'd better aquire some military minded escorts then.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
dark brandon
Knight
Comment: I want you more when you're afraid of me.

Unread post by dark brandon »

Angryjack wrote:my being in new york, the only options i have involve
1. Joining an indian preserve (not happening)
2. Dying. ( not wanting that one)
3. becoming a Witch after selling my soul to the nearest Deep one.
4. becoming a Deep One Witch
5. becoming a Sea inquisitor
6. Get sucked into a rift and enter an alternate dimension.
7. finally realize I'm an Astral Lord and just spend 300 years accumulating Vast fortunes and powers and retake NYC.

Hum...reminds me. Jump in front of any rift that has a golden light spilling forth. That just might be my key to immortality.
"We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine And the machine is bleeding to death The sun has fallen down And the billboards are all leering And the flags are all dead at the top of their poles ...I open up my wallet And it's full of blood "~~Godspeed you black emperor.
grandmaster z0b
Champion

I really don't see why so many people think guns are going to help them if your enemy is an MDC demon, or are we talking guns to fight bandits?

I also find ammusing all those people who are going to suddenly get the powers of the mind melter or burster even though they haven't spent the years of mental discipline.

The real question is can we dodge gunfire?
The word "THAN" is important. Something is "better than" something else, not "better then", it's "rather than" not "rather then".
grandmaster z0b
Champion

Asadeseth wrote:Hey i may only be a level 1 godling, but hey im still a godling!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
chaserone
Explorer

Unread post by chaserone »

I would be dead, since the Yellowstone volcano would wipe out most of the western US and canada from 600 miles out from the yellowstone basin. Yet I might get lucky and survive a day after until the ash suffocated us.

Return to “Rifts®”