What's Lazlo like for your game

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Shin Kenshiro

Re: What's Lazlo like for your game

Unread post by Shin Kenshiro »

Aequitas wrote:Lazlo is often considered Humanity's true promised land, at least by most Rifts fans yet no book. It seems Palladium is too busy mapping out places like the Dinosaur Swamp to worry about more interesting places.

Anyway, how do you play Lazlo? Do you have your own stats for Plato? Or a Map of the city? I'm just curious since it's a very important part of Rifts Earth that's open to interpretation

In one of our games we got to see Lazlo, and the general concensus was that just because Erin Tarn won't stop talking about how great it is (It's funny how in Rifts:Canada she openly admits that her writing about Canada was actually commissioned by the Council of Learning), it has more than its fair share of wrongdoings. Of course, all of it was conjecture since the only information ever provided in the books about Lazlo comes from that old windbag....so we set her along the lines of Joseph Prosek the II in regards to propaganda.

Lazlo was obviously a massive city, but with a much larger bent on magic and art over technology. Kinda like the Paris in that it's very artsy, polite but snobbish to visitors, and technology is used but 95% of it has been TW'd. The basic mentality of Lazlo was that "The whole world has gone to hell and without our guiding light and the people of the world following our example, all is lost".....much like the CS, but without the violent angle.

Overall, it would be like visiting France in that the people have done great things, contributed much....but think of themselves as much higher than they really are and a great segment of the population thinks that their magic will save them from all, and Lazlo is untouchable by the barbarians of the Coalition.
Borast
Champion

Unread post by Borast »

It's like Toronto, but without the "Center of the Universe" crap that exists today... :D

It also has the only building in the known world where you have to climb down half a kilometre just to rise above the surrounding area by half a kilometre...after all, the CN tower still dominates the skyline. :D
Last edited by Borast on Tue Aug 03, 2004 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fnord

Cool...I've been FAQed... atleast twice!

.sig count to date: 2

"May your day be as eventful as you wish, and may your life only hurt as much as it has to." - Me...

Normality is Relative, Sanity is Conceptual, and I am neither.
Vrykolas2k
Champion
Location: A snow-covered forest, littered with the bones of my slain enemies...

Unread post by Vrykolas2k »

Zerebus wrote:The one time I dealt with Lazlo in one of my games, I made it into something of a joke. More specifically, I made it the location of the single greatest concentration of super heroes, D-Bee mecha hotshots, Cyber-Knights, heavily armed good-aligned adventurers, good aligned dragons, and one of a kind ultra powerful good aligned D-Bees (re: Gods like Enki) on the planet. Woe be it to he who disturbs this Hornet's Nest Of Justice (tm).

Lazlo in my games has alot of this too, though its good and selfish mostly... I also have a large gang of city-rats, most of whom are hackers and are well on there way to infecting the CS with a very nasty computer virus...
Eyes without life, maggot-ridden corpses, mountains of skulls... these are a few of my favourite things.

I am the first angel, loved once above all others...

Light a man a fire, and he's warm for a day; light a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Turning the other cheek just gets you slapped harder.

The Smiling Bandit (Strikes Again!! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!)

Return to “Rifts®”