Elf Wars

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Elf Wars (who is faster)

Legolas
37%
The Elf From Hawk The Slayer
63%

Total votes: 30

J. Lionheart
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by J. Lionheart »

I have not seen Hawk the Slayer, but I am disgusted by how many people have this obsession with Legolas as being some sort of unstoppable god, so I'm voting against him. The only person I dislike references to more is Drizzt. The character of Legolas is great, but the movie made it rather less-so, except as a wet-dream for a bunch of wannabes as far as I can tell. /grumble. The book character is an ancient member of the Mirkwood nobility, whereas the movie character, while acted respectably by Mr. Bloom, lacks any sense of why he's so awsome, just that he is. Too many EQ Legolas spinoffs for me to think clearly on the subject, much less PF ones. So, in summation of this far too verbose response to simple question... if it was the book Legolas, I'd say him, but as I get the impression this is comparing the movie version, I'll go with Hawk the Slayer's elf.
Jeremiah Lionheart (Evan Cooney)
Only person ever to kill another player in KS's "Secret Enemy" game.
"Julius is convinced Evan Cooney was born to play Weasel Man." -Kevin
Adam of the Old Kingdom
Adventurer

Unread post by Adam of the Old Kingdom »

The elfs name is Crow. you could have looke dit up on IMDB.

and for those that have not seen Hawk the salyer, "I will crush your head like the putrid egg it is"

man it has Jack Palance in it so it has to be good. believe it, or not.

for fantasy I put it right up there with Sword and the Sorcerer and, The Gamers.
Munchkin Cat Minion
Cranus
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Cranus »

I might know someone whom owns a copy of Hawk the Slayer. Perhaps I'll see it someday. Although I have heard it isn't a masterpiece...
sinestus
Adventurer

Unread post by sinestus »

holy crow...
i though i was the only one who'd seen that movie...

hell yeah he'd kick the crap outta legolas...
in LOTR you can see elf-boy draw the arrows...
with Crow, you don't...

tho that whole duel at the blacksmith's ... kinda cheesey...

and was the whip toting dwarf...
Svartalf
Champion
Comment: Beware of the Friar Tuck type putting on the French Maid outfit!

Unread post by Svartalf »

malefic wrote:Dude Drizz't is the schizznit so get off him. :D

"Seriously have you read Salvatore, they are quick reads and have great fighting sequences"
-Malefic

I did try, but never could finish... Waaaaayyyyy too cheesy... to me, it looks that transference to 2nd ed and the forgettable realms made people forget the true essence of the drow, and how it is that their main goddess is a demon queen and how it is she's still in charge if there are so many reasons the drow should turn away from her and, say, to eilistraee ... salvatore's lack of literary talent did not help that to any extent

drizzt is a ****
Svartalf - Flamboyantly Fresh Franco of Freedom Freakin' Fries : Shadyslug
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug - Cherico
PC stands for "patronizing cretin" G'mo
I name you honorary American Subjugator & Ratbastard
sinestus
Adventurer

Unread post by sinestus »

svartalf wrote:
I did try, but never could finish... Waaaaayyyyy too cheesy... to me, it looks that transference to 2nd ed and the forgettable realms made people forget the true essence of the drow, and how it is that their main goddess is a demon queen and how it is she's still in charge if there are so many reasons the drow should turn away from her and, say, to eilistraee ... salvatore's lack of literary talent did not help that to any extent

true essance of the drow?

i remember back in the day when the Dark Elves were descended from the Grey Elves.... and thus pride at being banished to the bowles of the earth made them strike back at the surface... not some stupid spider queen...

heck... i remember when the only reason spiders were assosiated with drow was dryders.... that whole spider worship thing... not needed... nor was the chaotic lifestyle...freakin idiots...

bla...

but anyways... this is a palladium board... not a frog gotten relms chat...
Rimmer
Adventurer

Unread post by Rimmer »

Having (under protest) to vote for Legolas, as my G/F has a crush on him, and is looking over my shoulder. :x
I let my wife play rifts once....................she shot me in the back of the head with a naruni plasma pistol, gaffa taped a type 4 fusion block to my nether regions, and kicked my ass off the apc travelling at 100 MPH

gimme a break, my pc is a playa, not me.

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”