Dragons!!

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Veknironth
Hero

Unread post by Veknironth »

Well, I think Dragons should be used sparingly and when they are, they shouldn't be a combatant. The average PC group won't be able to handle a dragon. If you play the dragon properly, taking into account its intelligence, power, abilities, spells, etc, it'll be almost impossible to defeat.

It's great for an archnemesis, or main villian. IT can even be a benefactor that helps the characters.

While there are uses for dragons, I don't think they should show up too often.

-Vek
"I see too many dragon ladies in real life."
Janus
Dungeon Crawler
Location: If there is a bright center to the universe then I am in Uranus

Unread post by Janus »

I had a dragon slayer PC whose only magic items were a sword that allowed him to draw it with a flourish and dragon scale armor and shields. All he ever did was draw the blade and the dragons would play dead like he had slain them. it turns out he was a pawn to explain why the dragons were disappearing on the world so that they could rest without being hunted down. Otherwise they are merely guides in my games. I have only ever had one antagonist dragon and he killed half the party.
There is always a 5%chance of anything happening...even a monkey can crawl out of your butt.

Flamethrowers, that's what we need. The army has them, why can't we have them too?

I am the King of Thoughtless Wishing.

I nominate you for Fan Defensive Lineman of the year. - Geronimo 2.0
Janus
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Janus »

I did not mean to kill them. They were high level I thought they would make the save versus spell and they failed horribly and it was a lingering effect that they had to save every round.
There is always a 5%chance of anything happening...even a monkey can crawl out of your butt.

Flamethrowers, that's what we need. The army has them, why can't we have them too?

Janus
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Janus »

I did not mean to kill them. They were high level I thought they would make the save versus spell and they failed horribly and it was a lingering effect that they had to save every round.

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”