The new Devastator

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

grandmaster z0b
Champion

Unread post by grandmaster z0b »

Particular stats? I just upgraded all the weapons to do their listed damage times 100 instead of times ten. That ment that the big cannon on the back did about 2d4 x 100 and the rifle in it's hand did 1d6 x 100. I increased range and hand to hand damage as well.

This was similar to one of the first threads I ever posted:
"Triax Devestator, Huh? Ridiculous!" but I can't find it anymore. I thought you could look at old postings on this board, or was mine deleted?
In that thread a lot of people seemingly thought it wasn't a big issue, that those were "flavor stats" which I think are BS. How hard is it to print an accurate damage listing?
The word "THAN" is important. Something is "better than" something else, not "better then", it's "rather than" not "rather then".
CyCo
Hero

Unread post by CyCo »

z0b wrote:I thought you could look at old postings on this board, or was mine deleted?

G'day z0b! If it was one of your first posts then it's long gone. You joined up late last year, and the posts are culled around the monthy period on some of the boards, longer on others.

Basically, if it's an inactive thread, and it's near the last one, sitting on the edge, then it's in danger of being lost for all time unless someone saves that thread.
Eureka!
I Want Rifts : Australia II & III...!!
grandmaster z0b
Champion

Unread post by grandmaster z0b »

But why is it so hard to give it at least vaguely realistic stats?
Not hard for me. It required about 3 seconds thought. Just like most people it's simply a matter of adding a "0" at the end of the damage.They certainly put some effort into the rest of the stats, if it's all "flavor stats" why put any stats in at all? If its "flavor" then it's like adding fish sauce to ice cream, why add such a bad flavor?
I just don't get it.
I do like the little scenario you described though Formless One.
The word "THAN" is important. Something is "better than" something else, not "better then", it's "rather than" not "rather then".

Return to “Rifts®”