Lazlo

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

gaby
Knight

Lazlo

Unread post by gaby »

Well here is My wish list

1) Map of both the City of Lazlo and of South Ontario(thats all the Land south of Ottawa)

2) 10 NPC,s the Most Notable people of Lazlo.

3)the History of Lazlo with a real time line!

Maybe Lazlo will get ther own Navy For the Great Lakes?ther Two of them Around it.

iT could also say Lazlo is Planing to make a Colony in the Ley line Zone in West New york state?(see New west Page 25)
mad-hatter

Unread post by mad-hatter »

Enough with the Xiticix. Please.

I'd like a breakdown of the city-state including maps, important figures, and technology. A history of the location (timeline style).

I'm hoping that Lazlo will be a mecca and/or utopia of tolerance. I want it to be a place of wonderous magnificance. It's technology should be the pinnacle of techno-wizardry. A place of learning and peace. On par with Atlantis in terms of magic, but on the other side of the spectrum, in terms of morality.

But, don't get me wrong.....Lazlo isn't a tra-la-la warm & fuzzy wuss, who can't defend itself. I want its defences to be terrifyingly powerful. The CS would dare not attack it. I want Lazlo to be the 'sleeping giant'. Let it slumber and leave it alone, because if awoken, the retribution would be terrible indeed.

I've been using my model of Lazlo ever since the first adventure I wrote, when all I had was the main RIFTS book. I'm hoping that this new incarnation will live up to my lofty desires.
Shin Kenshiro

Unread post by Shin Kenshiro »

I want it shown that Lazlo, while a wonderfully magical and tolerant place....really couldn't stand up to the CS if it came down to it. I also want...

1) info on that darn Plato dragon
2) the required "all seems fine on the outside...but inside a traitor lurks" information of all Rifts Worldbooks
3) Just how many dragons really WOULD fight for Lazlo...(To finally put an end to any ideas of the "8,000 dragon Lazlo army" thread)
4) The alliances Lazlo must have made, or secret deals with the CS that have kept the CS from destroying Lazlo.
5) We all know that Lazlo imports a ton of ancient stuff...but now we need to know what does Lazlo EXPORT? Besides Erin Tarn and her Hippie Brigade
The Artist Formerly
Champion
Comment: Time Magazine's person of the year, 2006.

Unread post by The Artist Formerly »

I'm kind of hoping for all of Lazlo's dirty little secerts and some of the story ideas that enterprising PCs can use to black mail those losers with. :demon:
When I look in the dictionary and see the word Cool...I see Taffy's picture...-Shady Slug
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. -Abraham Lincoln
Kaleb
D-Bee
Location: Discussing metaphysical realities with Thoth & Marduk

Unread post by Kaleb »

I personally would like to see here to for unknown Techno-Wizardry stuff (equipment other than weapons, weapons, vehicles, etc). It says that Techno-Wizardry started in this community so it seems to reason that Lazlo should be a mecca for Techno-Wizardry to the point that they have TW items for almost everything from frying pans to particle beam style energy rifles.

Other than this I would like maps, information/stats on prominent NPC's in Lazlo and maybe new magic spells (especially some that are really suited for Techno-Wizards). Of course I would also like information on their contacts with other magical communities and their stance with the Coalition states and the like.
"Of course my hammer broke your sword, you tried to hit me with it."

Kaleb the Blacksmith
cl7277
Wanderer

Re: Lazlo

Unread post by cl7277 »

Any Mage's or men of thinking out there? If there are, Lazlo is the place to go. What one I have no idea about the place. It would be nice if I had a map and so info on Lazlo. Maybe so day I will have a visitors guide to the city and surrounding area. What they are up to in PA 110. Who are they having problems with. And who are the movers and who is in control. What happened during the CS war. One can always hope.
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin
Comment: 24 was the start... We are Legion.

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

Yeah I was going to say, they recently did a Rifter article on Lazlo, and while I'd LOVE a world book on it, I wasn't aware there was serious talk of one?

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

James Tiberius Kirk: Well, not _only_...
dragonfett
Knight

Unread post by dragonfett »

What Rifter number did they cover Lazlo?
Under the Pain of Death
I would Stand Alone
Against an Army of Darkness
And Horrors Unknown
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin
Comment: 24 was the start... We are Legion.

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

One of the Last two or three. so...49 50 or 51. I could tell you but they're like.. 10 feet away and I'm wrecked. They're post Tolkeen war. I remember that, as they're getting a crapton of refugees.

EDIT: Checked the catalog. It was 49

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

James Tiberius Kirk: Well, not _only_...
dragonfett
Knight

Unread post by dragonfett »

Thanks, I will have to try acquire that one.
Under the Pain of Death
I would Stand Alone
Against an Army of Darkness
And Horrors Unknown
Balabanto
Champion

Unread post by Balabanto »

I would honestly prefer the sleeping giant to the "Easily Crushed by the CS."

The things I would want to see are these.

1) Maps. Good ones. Pay a professional if you have to. There's a guy I know who draws most of the maps for my published adventures after I do my chicken scratch named DT Butchino. They could look him up. He's always looking to improve his skills.

2) The map keys should be excessively detailed. This should be the Waterdeep, City of Splendors of Rifts. It should be one of the most BLEEPING AWESOME cities ever created.

3) Whatever dark underbelly it has should be easily understood for the GM, yet easily hidden to players.

4) New TW items, including TW basics like TW TVS, TW Radios, TW Hair Dryers, TW Washing Machines, etc.

5) Adventure hooks for universities, mages guilds, political maneuvering, and the TLF. (Tolkeen Liberation Front.)

6) Law and Government. A complex code legal that describes how the citizens of Lazlo lead their lives.

7) Economics and Trade, with nearby cities such as Queenston, and whatever extradimensional trade they engage in.

8) Criminal Organizations: No city this size survives without organized crime. Really. It just doesn't happen.

9) What to eat and where to eat it.

10) Military Strength and Presence.

11) The locations of ALL OPERATORS IN THE CITY AND WHAT LEVEL THEY ARE! This has been a classic screwup in all mapped supplements until now. There's no reason for me to sit there and roll a d10 to determine the level of whatever NPC the PC's encounter is as far as the NPC's operator level.

The entire book could be laid out kind of like a massive tour guide. In fact, this might make the book popular enough on it's own to sell to people who have never heard of Rifts before....

Return to “Rifts®”