Reprinted Crap

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

ExcuseMySarcasm

Re: Reprinted Crap

Unread post by ExcuseMySarcasm »

Ouch. Though, it does have the demon lists, right? Not the named ones, the regs.

Of all the books he owns, none of that **** shows up in it, and he also was a little miffed that Monsters & Animals was a reprint of Rifts Conversions, though he mostly bought it for the animal stats.
Preacher
Hero
Comment: My Thermonuclear level defense of Palladium is neither condoned nor endorsed by Palladium Books.

Unread post by Preacher »

What the hell were you expecting? :shock:

It is a conversion to RIFTS book from other games by Palladium. OK, take the stats and see which ones are amped up by the magic rich environment of Earth and do some minimal conversions mainly MDC and whatnot. I have no idea whay anyone would expect anything but reprinted stuff in a CONVERSION book?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
ImageImage Yeah I like guns. Image
I pledge allegiance to this flag, if that bothers you well that's too bad!!!
MADMANMIKE
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The Emolancer

Unread post by MADMANMIKE »

..I'm with Kittenstomp here. Less than half of the material in that book is direct from Conversion Book One 1st edtion, and what is is updated; Much of the info is from books that have come out since then, namely the undead from The Land of The Damned and the Nightbane section.

..And Monsters and Animals was not reprinted from Conversion Book 1, it's the othe way around. Monsters and Animals, which features some great pencil work by Kevin from back in the day, still has the Animals you can't find anywhere else.

-Mike >8]
Minions - Character Sheets <---- UPDATED LINK TO MY DA PAGE!!!
Must repeat my mantra: As a genius, I am not qualified to make the assessment "it doesn't take a genius to figure this out."
LunarYoma
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by LunarYoma »

Wendigo wrote:Wow I sure am glad that I just wasted 30$ on Dark Conversions. Maybe you should change the section in the submission information that says you dont do alot of reprinting. Just to save anyone their 30$ Canadian ... Dont waste your money on this book it's nothing but reprint from cover to cover. I may as well be the first conversion book ... in fact it pretty much is, only with a new cover.
I can honestly say this is the first time I have not been thrilled about buying a new Palladium book of any sort. I FEEL RIPPED OFF.
Palladium Books still has my support, however, come on guy's. Not all of us are rich, and when we buy a new product from you we expect (to some degree at least) our monies worth and not something we have already paid for in a new rapper.
That all from me.

wah wah wah, cry me a river. next time before you buy a book, read the review of the back of the book of what is in it. look inside the book. ask others what they thought of a book.

:nh:
Lunaryoma
Preacher
Hero
Comment: My Thermonuclear level defense of Palladium is neither condoned nor endorsed by Palladium Books.

Unread post by Preacher »

Jaegermeister wrote:
LunarYoma wrote:wah wah wah, cry me a river. next time before you buy a book, read the review of the back of the book of what is in it. look inside the book. ask others what they thought of a book.
:nh:

He may have mail ordered it.

OR

Some game store requires you to put a half price down payment on special orders. Either lose the money you put down on it or pony up the other half.

OR

His likes is not your likes. See, he just said he hated it, and the rest here liked it. If he had asked the forum before he bought it on what y'all thought about it, y'all would have said it was the Cat's Meow, he would have purchased it, hated it, and blame y'all & Palladium.

You would be right if it wasn't a conversion book. Like I said above a conversion book is a book of reprints with conversion notes for Rifts. If you were expecting all new material then you need to read up on stuff before you buy it whether you get it online or from a store shelf.
ImageImage Yeah I like guns. Image
I pledge allegiance to this flag, if that bothers you well that's too bad!!!
GhostKnight
Adventurer

Unread post by GhostKnight »

Lord Splynncryth wrote:My only problem with the book is I accidently spilled water on mine :(
I always get sloppy when a new "monster manual" comes out. I just wish there was one that wasn't filled with just undead and demons (maybe more animals, aliens, etc).

If you want aliens then check out the Heroes Unlimited Galaxy Guide.
Tinker Dragoon
Supreme Being

Unread post by Tinker Dragoon »

What made Pantheons a conversion book was the fact that it provides stats for converting the material presented from Rifts to Heroes Unlimited, Palladium fantasy, etc. Though a Rifts book, it was designed with the intent that it could be used with any Palladium game. Conversion Book 1 and Dark Conversions on the other hand convert material from other Palladium games to Rifts rules. All three books provide just what they advertise.
There you go man, keep as cool as you can.
Face piles of trials with smiles. It riles
them to believe that you perceive the web they weave
and keep on thinking free.

-- The Moody Blues, In the Beginning
Josh Sinsapaugh
Comment: Carrying friends out of crowds and standing in the doorway looking like the Jack of Hearts since November 2008.

Unread post by Josh Sinsapaugh »

Others said it and now I shall too:

IT IS A CONVERSION BOOK, WHAT DID EXPECT CONVERSIONS OF THINGS THAT DON'T EXIST?

I for one love dark conversions.

I rolled up everyone of the undead in the Endless Undead section.
Tinker Dragoon
Supreme Being

Unread post by Tinker Dragoon »

Heh, see some people liked it.

I personally didn't think it was a particularly great book, but not a very bad book either (I've borrowed it before but opted not to buy it for that reason). It does just what it claims to and not much else. The only truly new things in it as far as I saw were the revised Shifter and the Nightlands Witch (or at least, someone told me it was new anyway).
There you go man, keep as cool as you can.
Face piles of trials with smiles. It riles
them to believe that you perceive the web they weave
and keep on thinking free.

-- The Moody Blues, In the Beginning
dakota
Wanderer

Unread post by dakota »

Wendigo wrote:Wow I sure am glad that I just wasted 30$ on Dark Conversions. Maybe you should change the section in the submission information that says you dont do alot of reprinting. Just to save anyone their 30$ Canadian ... Dont waste your money on this book it's nothing but reprint from cover to cover. I may as well be the first conversion book ... in fact it pretty much is, only with a new cover.
I can honestly say this is the first time I have not been thrilled about buying a new Palladium book of any sort. I FEEL RIPPED OFF.
Palladium Books still has my support, however, come on guy's. Not all of us are rich, and when we buy a new product from you we expect (to some degree at least) our monies worth and not something we have already paid for in a new rapper.
That all from me.

That's why you skim thru the book before you buy it. :frust:

I picked it up and thought it was money well spent
I'm not sick, I'm twisted. Sick sounds like there is a cure....

Administrator of The Playground
The Ruiner
Explorer
Comment: I am a perfectionist who is good at nothing. You can imagine my frustration.

Unread post by The Ruiner »

Flipping through a book is a problem for me. Where I buy the books, they have them shrink wrapped on the shelves.....and it tends to **** them off when you open up stuff and don't buy it.
"There's only room in here for One, and I've decided it's not you."

"Open your eyes, I'm gonna horrify you into a comma!"--Master Shake
MADMANMIKE
Comment: The Emolancer

Unread post by MADMANMIKE »

The Ruiner wrote:Flipping through a book is a problem for me. Where I buy the books, they have them shrink wrapped on the shelves.....and it tends to **** them off when you open up stuff and don't buy it.

..You should point out to them that car dealers let you test drive, Grocery stores often give samples and Movie's always have trailers. It would behoove them to at the very least have a story copy for potential customers to thumb through.

..Like was said elsewhere, the hobby has at least one store in every city in the free world; odds are there's others in your town or at least the next one and you should point out you'd take your business elsewhere if they want to continue being unreasonable...

-Mike >8]
Minions - Character Sheets <---- UPDATED LINK TO MY DA PAGE!!!
Must repeat my mantra: As a genius, I am not qualified to make the assessment "it doesn't take a genius to figure this out."

Return to “Rifts®”