Rifts Art (from my sketch book)

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Josh Sinsapaugh
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: Carrying friends out of crowds and standing in the doorway looking like the Jack of Hearts since November 2008.

Rifts Art (from my sketch book)

Unread post by Josh Sinsapaugh »

Woot! Rifts and Phaseworld art!

http://freewebs.com/riftsashes/quebec1.jpg
The above link brings you to a quebec EBA in a very rennaissance-esque pose.

http://freewebs.com/riftsashes/vernulian.jpg
A vernulian, what else can I say?

http://freewebs.com/riftsashes/haman.jpg
A Naruni Agent (and NPC of mine). The Image was given a blue tint with photoshop 5.0.

All are done by me, Josh Sinsapaugh, with No.2 and No.6 graphite on high quality sketch composite paper.

EDIT: Of course, the links probably won't work so copy and paste one of the below adresses:

freewebs.com/riftsashes/quebec1.jpg

freewebs.com/riftsashes/vernulian.jpg

freewebs.com/riftsashes/haman.jpg
Uncle Servo
Champion

Re: Rifts Art (from my sketch book)

Unread post by Uncle Servo »

Just a little FYI... every time I click on one of your links, I get re-directed back to this thread. I even tried copying and pasting the address, but wound up back here anyway.
My Artwork Samples Set on Deviant Art
Hi! I'm Danger, but today I'll be Uncle Servo's Sock Puppet. -- Danger
US <Uncle> saves the day again. -- RockJock
And Servo has engineered another good idea. -- Sentinel
Anthar
Hero
Comment: Killer of threads.

Unread post by Anthar »

Funny, the link is not working for me either. I keep being redirected back here and when I copy and paste the address I get "Page does not exist".
"I love my dad because he is awesome."-My son.
Caution these rules are unclear and may be open to gross interpretation and out right misinterpretation. GM discression is strongly advised.
Brian Manning
Palladium Books® Freelance Artist
Comment: I'm the King of Rock, There is none higher!
Sucka MC's should call me sire!

Unread post by Brian Manning »

I just did the drag-n-drop into the address bar, and it worked fine for me. The sketches aren't too bad at all. I mean there are a couple of issues, but they are, after all, sketches, so it's nothing to nit pick about.

But I do want to make a couple of comments that stand out.

On the vernulian's gun, the angle appears to switch at the barrel. Unless the gun curves (It's Rifts after all, it could be a curved gun), you wouldn't see down the barrel if he's holding the gun at that angle (unless there's a temporal wizard standing by warping things a tad).

Agent Haman's head is a little lopsided, but I'm not sure if he's a shape shifter with a constantly wavy head, or if he's got a solid skull underneath. But if you draw a straight line down the center of his face, both sides should be somewhat symetrical (It's not an exact face-on shot, so you have some room for deviation). But his clothing wrinkles look pretty good.

I like the FQ soldier. Nice loose rendering and shadowing.
Artwork • Social Media • Writing • Shenanigans
Brian-Manning.com
Josh Sinsapaugh
Comment: Carrying friends out of crowds and standing in the doorway looking like the Jack of Hearts since November 2008.

Jaguar Wong wrote:I just did the drag-n-drop into the address bar, and it worked fine for me. The sketches aren't too bad at all. I mean there are a couple of issues, but they are, after all, sketches, so it's nothing to nit pick about.

But I do want to make a couple of comments that stand out.

On the vernulian's gun, the angle appears to switch at the barrel. Unless the gun curves (It's Rifts after all, it could be a curved gun), you wouldn't see down the barrel if he's holding the gun at that angle (unless there's a temporal wizard standing by warping things a tad).

Agent Haman's head is a little lopsided, but I'm not sure if he's a shape shifter with a constantly wavy head, or if he's got a solid skull underneath. But if you draw a straight line down the center of his face, both sides should be somewhat symetrical (It's not an exact face-on shot, so you have some room for deviation). But his clothing wrinkles look pretty good.

I like the FQ soldier. Nice loose rendering and shadowing.

The barrel is angled as the gun is meant to be used by a vernulian with tentacles. They use psionics to fire the thing so a straight site is not that much of an issue.

Agent Haman's head is a l'il lopsided? That is either due to the fact that I have his head turned to the side (one eye is bigger as it is closer to the foreground) or because of the way it scanned, my sketchbook is hardbound and a pain in the kiester to scan things from.

Or it could be a mistake.

looking at the original, his head is turned to the side. The rest is due to the scan (perhaps 60%) and mistakes (40%). Yeah I admit I may have screwed up on that one.

EDIT: Note that you should not use "WWW" when placing the adress for the site in the adress bar, it won't work that way.
Josh Sinsapaugh

Here are some more, just copy and paste.

This one is a suprise. :-D (It is nothing lewd)
freewebs.com/riftsashes/sketch3.jpg

A Firethorn from Chaos Earth, I'm going to have to rescan it eventually.
freewebs.com/riftsashes/woosh.jpg

Return to “Rifts®”