A couple of firearm questions.

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Re: A couple of firearm questions.

Unread post by Jefffar »

I usually rule conventional ammo works in a CFT, provided it is the appropriate size.

Silver's effect on the vampire body has no relation to bullet shape . . . that being said, if you shoot a human with a silver hollow tip you'ld find the hollow tip matters. Basically it's how quickly you want to be able to switch rounds to match the targets.
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
Dead Boy
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: Eternal Defender of C.S. Righteous Indignation
~
Adamant Advocate for the Last Best Hope for Uncorrupted Humanity
~
Stalwart Exponent of the C.S.’s Eminent Domain of Man
~
Arbiter of Coalition Dogma and the Precepts of Emperor Prosek

Unread post by Dead Boy »

Black Cross wrote:First off, do silver bullets do double damage to vampires as silver melee weapons do? Would hollow-point or other special ammo do additional damage also?

I recall reading in Vampire Kingdoms that silver bullets only do their listed damage (e.g. 3D6 = 3D6) and are not doubled due to their small size. It takes something the size of a knife or larger to fully reap the double damage effects of silver weapons.

Along the same lines, I know CFT ammo can be fired once or twice in a S.D.C. gun and then it gets destroyed. Can you fire S.D.C. ammo, ie >45ACP from a CFT Auto-Shooter, It does say it looks like a Colt Government model?

I am firmly of the opinion that the CFT weapons can indeed fire conventional SDC bullets, be they lead, jacketed, hollow points, or silver. The only condition that must be adhered to is that the bullets be of the same caliber as the gun's chambering. e.g. .45 ACPs from a CFT Auto Shooter chambered for .45 E-6, .45 Colts from CFT revolvers chambered for the .45 86'er E-6 and so on.
Reminder: Just because a gun fires .45's doesn't mean it can fire automatic pistol and revolver ammo interchangeably. Though the calibers are technically the same, the casings are very different.
From the author of The RCSG, Ft. Laredo & the E. St. Louis Rift in Rifter #37, The Coalition Edge in Rifter #42, New Chillicothe & the N.C. Burbs in Rifter #54, New Toys of the Coalition States in Rifter #57, and The Black-Malice Legacy in Rifters #63, 64 & (Pt. 3, TBA)

[img]x[/img]
Tinker Dragoon
Supreme Being

Unread post by Tinker Dragoon »

Black Cross wrote:First off, do silver bullets do double damage to vampires as silver melee weapons do? Would hollow-point or other special ammo do additional damage also?

Along the same lines, I know CFT ammo can be fired once or twice in a S.D.C. gun and then it gets destroyed. Can you fire S.D.C. ammo, ie >45ACP from a CFT Auto-Shooter, It does say it looks like a Colt Government model?

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated as it will directly impact what character I play in my next Rifts campaign.

No on the first one, for the reasons already stated.

Given the mechanical similarities, CFT guns should be able to fire conventional bullets with no problems (except that the barrel will get dirtier a lot faster). As long as the bullets are the right caliber, they'll work.
There you go man, keep as cool as you can.
Face piles of trials with smiles. It riles
them to believe that you perceive the web they weave
and keep on thinking free.

-- The Moody Blues, In the Beginning

Return to “Rifts®”