Most Annoying Character

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

what robotech character is the most annoying?

Minmay
46%
Anne "Mint"
20%
Lyn Kyle
34%

Total votes: 110

suncrush3r
D-Bee

Most Annoying Character

Unread post by suncrush3r »

Who is the most annoying robotech character....
majã lé huntas - unknown ancient quote

Orkses is never defeated in battle. If we win, we win, if we die then we'z dead so it don't count. An' if we runs away it still don't count, 'cuz we can come back tomorrer for annuver go, see? - anon
Ice Dragon
Hero

Re: Most Annoying Character

Unread post by Ice Dragon »

While Minmei's singing was/is a stick in ... but still she helped the war effort, still my vote goes to Annie.
It is always a bad thing when political matters are allowed to affect the planning of operations (Field Marshal Erwin Rommel, 1943)

Nelly ~ He's one romantic smooth operator and a true old school gentleman. Heck he's an Austrian officer, it's in his blood.

Co-Holder with Jefffar of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

10 + 100 Geek Points (Danger + Shawn Merrow)
Novastar
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "A monarch's neck should always have a noose around it. It keeps him upright." ~ Heinlein

Unread post by Novastar »

Lynn-Kyle wins this award in my book for so many reasons:
1) He has no respect for the military men & women who laid down their lives for his defense.
2) He's a pacifist? Since when? He seems to be kicking the crap out of anybody who crosses him in the show...
3) He slept with his cousin. :eek:
4) When things get tough, does he pony up? Nope, he crawls inside a bottle & decides to live there.
5) He beat a women (minmei). 'Nuff said, in my book.
6) In general, he's a punk, who thinks he knows better than everyone else.

Yeah, Lynn-Kyle definitely has my vote...
Petty tyrants thrive when they have authority backed by vague regulations.
I would hit that so hard that whoever could pull me out would be the true-born king of England. ~ Mark Hall
Novastar only speaks the truth. ~ Brandon Aten, aka The Galactus Kid
suncrush3r
D-Bee

Unread post by suncrush3r »

unfortunalty it only let me put 3 choices...

I tried to do a 4th which was Zor and I tried to do a "all of the above". I was considering Lisa Hayes, but only because she was Alley McBeal like. I kept yelling at my TV, ditch rick and get your self a new man.

1. Minma needs to be shot...put down like the dog she is. I am glad in the books she was isolated to some weird world with the Invid Regis
2. Kyle is just as bad as she is. The Zentrati decimate most of the earth's population, and they MISSED HIM!?!?!? How did he pull that off? He boohoo his eyes out about the military and where does he hide...the SDF-1? They should have kicked his sorry butt out the air lock.
3. Anne "minit" the comic relief of the invid wars. how this tinny little snott managed to survive is beyond me. The regis in all her power and glory could not take time out of her busy schedule to make the shrimp go squish. She is a tiny SDC creature, i am sure no one there would have minded.
4. Zor, that whiney little titty baby needs to be drug out a shot as well. Dana should have walked up to him, jacked him in the head with a tire iron and gone about his day. And what's up with his hair? he looks like a drag queen.
5. all of the above - these idiots are not comic relief, comic relief is mushu from mulan, comic relief is whoopie goldberg. If i was one of the main characters i would have looked over at them and said to myself "is this the best the human race has to offer? Alien invaders please proceed with your genocide campain" (zor is the exception, he is clone, i do not understand how the regis was turned on by that anima version of Prince) they are always getting the main characters in trouble and almost killed.
majã lé huntas - unknown ancient quote

Orkses is never defeated in battle. If we win, we win, if we die then we'z dead so it don't count. An' if we runs away it still don't count, 'cuz we can come back tomorrer for annuver go, see? - anon
Fat_Ninja
D-Bee
Comment: Quando omni flunkus moritati

Unread post by Fat_Ninja »

For annoyance factor: Minmei all the way. This is the sort of person I will actively avoid in my day to day life. Everything is drama. I can't stand that.

In terms of who I'd like to pound the bejeezus out of? Lynn Kyle has got to go down. As said before; he beats on women, disrespects the very people who are saving his butt, and he's just a selfish whiny drunk. The funny part is, thinking about the one bit with him putting Minmei up for that concert, I've known production managers like that.

Scurvy, rotten, two-faced pieces of pig offal.

Oh yah. Annie's just a kid. She annoys me, but children are incredibly easy to avoid when they annoy you. Unless they're your own, of course.
Save the taxpayer, save the world.
Darling... I don't have to answer to you. I'm Batman!
MIAFI! DIARC! KCSGWIH!
Talmonis wrote:I'll make this all easier and end it here. Repeat after me: "Tal is just a dirty commie who wants to take our guns away".
Cyclone
Explorer

Unread post by Cyclone »

Alright, who voted for Annie instead of one of those unredeemibly evil Macross characters...
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

i voted kyle, mostly because minmei's annoying traits come from sheer innocence (read: ignorance), and the fact she seems to have only ONE song for 90% of the show. otherwise she is easy to ignore.

annie is in the same boat. annoying merely because she lacks any knowledge of the world around her. and according to fans of Mospeada, RT annie is actually fairly likeable.

kyle has no excuse, so he's the most annoying.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Novastar
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "A monarch's neck should always have a noose around it. It keeps him upright." ~ Heinlein

Unread post by Novastar »

Originally posted by Major Fury:
I was playing in a joke campaign around '91, we had a clone master that would repeatedly clone Kyle so the characters all got a chance to kick the crap outta him.

Dude! I am so stealing that! :lol:
I would hit that so hard that whoever could pull me out would be the true-born king of England. ~ Mark Hall
Novastar only speaks the truth. ~ Brandon Aten, aka The Galactus Kid
Hystrix
Champion

Unread post by Hystrix »

MattBaby: Infidel wrote:Lyn Kyle was a very well written character (as far as saturday morning cartoon characters go)-- he wasn't supposed to be sympathetic. Minmei and Annie, on the other hand, were supposed to be much more sympathetic and fail. Therefore I would say that LK wasn't really annoying at all; he was excellent.

This is the sickest thing I've ever read...

Lyn Kyle was the freakiest most annoying character on the show. He deserved to get a beat down.

Look, Minmie got DUMPED by Rick, so if you hate her, at least she took it hard in the end for being so annoying. Mint, well her life sucked anyway, because she was boy crazy and no guy wanted anything to do with her (not even Lunk who was the butt-ugliest character in Robotech).

Kyle on the other had, we got no closure. He just went away. I would have liked to see him get stepped on by a rouge Zentraedi during a protest...
Hystrix, the Post Killer, Destroyer of Threads
Rabid Southern Cross Fan
Champion

Unread post by Rabid Southern Cross Fan »

Hmmm....this poll is in error. General Emerson is missing from the list.
Janus
Dungeon Crawler
Location: If there is a bright center to the universe then I am in Uranus

Unread post by Janus »

Anne Mint. Lynn just was not in it enough for me to really mind and Minmei seemed somewhat integral to the whole thing. Anne Mint was just some sort of comic relief gone bad. HG acid trip number 453 please.
There is always a 5%chance of anything happening...even a monkey can crawl out of your butt.

Flamethrowers, that's what we need. The army has them, why can't we have them too?

I am the King of Thoughtless Wishing.

I nominate you for Fan Defensive Lineman of the year. - Geronimo 2.0
Svartalf
Champion
Comment: Beware of the Friar Tuck type putting on the French Maid outfit!

Unread post by Svartalf »

well... I just could NOT vote...

a)Minmei... sure did a lot to make Rick's life a misery, and *maybe* she slept with that worm kyle... but heck, she was a major player in the war effort and in supporting civilian morale during the reconstruction. To boot... I don't know how she sings in the original Japanese version, so maybe she's worth saving.

b) Kyle... sure he's a selfish son of a gun, a whiny drunk, and a brainless brick of poop with no respect for the people who protect him with their own lives... but them again, I too am a whining drunkard with rather of a dislike for whatever wears a uniform... so the only grounds I really have for hating him is woman beating...

c)Mint... well, maybe I'll be viewing Mospeada for the first time within 2 weeks, so I can't talk yet
Svartalf - Flamboyantly Fresh Franco of Freedom Freakin' Fries : Shadyslug
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug - Cherico
PC stands for "patronizing cretin" G'mo
I name you honorary American Subjugator & Ratbastard
Janus
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Janus »

not annoying enough. He is only in the first few eps.
There is always a 5%chance of anything happening...even a monkey can crawl out of your butt.

Flamethrowers, that's what we need. The army has them, why can't we have them too?

Janus
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Janus »

She should have cracked hiim a good one shook the can up and sprayed in his face "here is your darn cola!"

Svartalf
Champion
Comment: Beware of the Friar Tuck type putting on the French Maid outfit!

Unread post by Svartalf »

Oh, My, I just witnessed Ep 2 of Mospeada... AGGGGHHHLL ... if Mint goes on like that in the next 23 episodes, I'll have to find a way to get into the anime and throttle her... or maybe ravish her instead, since, as I don't remember who stated, she *does* seem to be boy crazy, that might have some positive effect... then again, childish as the chara designer made her, even if she's supposed to be 16 or 17, a good spanking might be what the doctor ordered
Svartalf - Flamboyantly Fresh Franco of Freedom Freakin' Fries : Shadyslug
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug - Cherico
PC stands for "patronizing cretin" G'mo
I name you honorary American Subjugator & Ratbastard
Janus
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Janus »

They should have used Mint as bait when they assaulted the hive. I guarantee the Regis would have devoted all forces to annihilating her.

SailorCallie
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: I wanna nuke!

Unread post by SailorCallie »

Hey, you left out the following:

Khyron
    Azonia
    T.R. Edwards
    Anatole Leonard
    Corg

They're the ones who annoyed me to death on Robotech, including Lynn Kyle who thinks he's the 21st century's answer to both John & Yoko (regarding pacifism) and a certain someone (who shall be nameless, mind you) who was once married to Mariah Carey, the real-life Minmay, who wanted to control her career. :x
Gomen_Nagai

Unread post by Gomen_Nagai »

Novastar wrote:Lynn-Kyle wins this award in my book for so many reasons:
1) He has no respect for the military men & women who laid down their lives for his defense.
2) He's a pacifist? Since when? He seems to be kicking the crap out of anybody who crosses him in the show...
3) He slept with his cousin. :eek:
4) When things get tough, does he pony up? Nope, he crawls inside a bottle & decides to live there.
5) He beat a women (minmei). 'Nuff said, in my book.
6) In general, he's a punk, who thinks he knows better than everyone else.

Yeah, Lynn-Kyle definitely has my vote...

i'm voting for him, also because he's a nut bagger.
Marrowlight
Knight
Comment: Listen very carefully, human...the fact that I even allow you to speak directly to me is a gift I bestow upon you. You do not order me. You beg for my appreciation and then wait to see if I choose to bestow it upon you.

Unread post by Marrowlight »

Whoa....old thread. I was all confused when I saw a svart post.
Soon I Shall Bring Forth A New Beginning, And All Shall Be Made Mighty At The Touch Of My Hand

Marrowlight
Knight
Comment: Listen very carefully, human...the fact that I even allow you to speak directly to me is a gift I bestow upon you. You do not order me. You beg for my appreciation and then wait to see if I choose to bestow it upon you.

Unread post by Marrowlight »

Alejandro wrote:
Marrowlight wrote:Whoa....old thread. I was all confused when I saw a svart post.

What ever happened to the old Frenchy?

Sound Offed'ed iirc.
Soon I Shall Bring Forth A New Beginning, And All Shall Be Made Mighty At The Touch Of My Hand

taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Major Fury wrote:Lynn Kyle- the character most wanted to be repeatedly cloned in order to be repeatedly killed. :lol:

Question should be, who would you vote as the person you most want to see him killed/kicked around like a tether ball by?

a) Rick Hunter?(though his interest wanes once he gives up on Minmei...)
b) Max Sterling? (the martial arts fight that never was...)
c) Lisa Hayes?(Come on, she's a military brat...let's see her dirty fighting skills!)
d) Breetai(Grizzled veteran warrior versus barely-out-of-teens upstart? Comic relief squashing.)
e) Roy Fokker(to qoute McKinney...When a good little guy goes up against a good big guy, the big guy wins)
f) Mimmei(poetic justice...and I keep seeing 'Rambo-Minmei' from Robotech Art 3: (leveling M-16) "I am NOT an airhead!')
g) Claudia Grant(like he'd EVER see that coming...elbow-shot to the throat)
h) Exedore(although another person I spoke to believes other Zentraedi would KILL for the privilege of kicking somebody for Exedore)
i) Henri Gloval('the joints are old and rusty, but there's this little trick I remember from that barrom brawl in Svastopol....')
j) The Bridge Bunnies(coordinated attacks...female outrage...enuff said)
k) Emil Lang('Mmmm....I vant to get in on this too')
l) Ben Dixon(yeah, it's on short notice, with a small window of opportunity before he gets vaporized...but wouldn't you like to have seen Ben go out with the credit of even ACCIDENTALLY creaming Kyle in a brawl?)
m) Vince Grant(Hey, in the Macross arc, he'd still be young and impulsive enough to defend his sis's honor)
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Frank Castle
D-Bee

Unread post by Frank Castle »

taalismn wrote:
Major Fury wrote:Lynn Kyle- the character most wanted to be repeatedly cloned in order to be repeatedly killed. :lol:

Question should be, who would you vote as the person you most want to see him killed/kicked around like a tether ball by?

a) Rick Hunter?(though his interest wanes once he gives up on Minmei...)
b) Max Sterling? (the martial arts fight that never was...)
c) Lisa Hayes?(Come on, she's a military brat...let's see her dirty fighting skills!)
d) Breetai(Grizzled veteran warrior versus barely-out-of-teens upstart? Comic relief squashing.)
e) Roy Fokker(to qoute McKinney...When a good little guy goes up against a good big guy, the big guy wins)
f) Mimmei(poetic justice...and I keep seeing 'Rambo-Minmei' from Robotech Art 3: (leveling M-16) "I am NOT an airhead!')
g) Claudia Grant(like he'd EVER see that coming...elbow-shot to the throat)
h) Exedore(although another person I spoke to believes other Zentraedi would KILL for the privilege of kicking somebody for Exedore)
i) Henri Gloval('the joints are old and rusty, but there's this little trick I remember from that barrom brawl in Svastopol....')
j) The Bridge Bunnies(coordinated attacks...female outrage...enuff said)
k) Emil Lang('Mmmm....I vant to get in on this too')
l) Ben Dixon(yeah, it's on short notice, with a small window of opportunity before he gets vaporized...but wouldn't you like to have seen Ben go out with the credit of even ACCIDENTALLY creaming Kyle in a brawl?)
m) Vince Grant(Hey, in the Macross arc, he'd still be young and impulsive enough to defend his sis's honor)

I'll go with N: All of the above.
"See a few familiar faces. Break a few familiar necks. "
taalismn
Priest

Frank Castle wrote:
taalismn wrote:

Question should be, who would you vote as the person you most want to see him killed/kicked around like a tether ball by? )

All at once, or one at a time(and in what order)?
And are weapons permitted?
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
BookWyrm
Champion
Comment: Mondos non cogitarus, Consilium!

Unread post by BookWyrm »

TR Edwards' lap-dog of an assistant, whetever his name was, while Edwards was still with the REF forces.
"Yes, I know I'm going to hell; I'm bringing marshmallows."
BookWyrm aka The Horn'd One
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
Honourable but not gullible;
a Hero of the Megaverse. :D
SailorCallie
Dungeon Crawler

BookWyrm wrote:TR Edwards' lap-dog of an assistant, whetever his name was, while Edwards was still with the REF forces.

IIRC, his name was Benson.
taalismn
Priest

wildmandavis wrote:I voted for Kyle, but I agree with everyone that Minmei was a close second. Everytime I reread the books I think that Hunter is an absolute idiot and she's pathetic. But then again, she's like what 16??? So, that could answer a lot of questions. But the whole Kyle coming back from the dead to rescue her and still losing and then makes Minmei lose her absolute mind is even more annoying.

Cousin, he was her COUSIN! Even if not by blood. COUSIN!

That's just not right.

However, again, having the fact that Mr. Anti Military who all of a sudden joins the military learns how to fly a VT..... All because he is no longer a drunk and is chasing after Minmei. .... Oh yeah, and remember that Minmei didn't even know she was going on the SDF 3 until the last second.

But, still, he made a good annoying bad guy that you just loved to HATE!

I agree...had a second series gone through, and Kyle featured in it, his evolving role, and especially if he'd sobered up and changed his views....humbled himself, might have changed some minds....but for the time he appeared in the Macross arc, he was worthy of being kicked hard in the nadgers(although one fanfic I saw had him handed over to a dominatrix).

Minmei....annoying, yes, certainly, no doubt about it....but early on before her rise to stardom, she actually had some good ideas for boosting civilian morale in the belly of the SDF-1...she'd have made a great logistics officer with cultural icon to the Zentraedi as a good second job if she'd been caught earlyand trained properly....JUst goes to show, celebrity corrupts....
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

SailorCallie wrote:
BookWyrm wrote:TR Edwards' lap-dog of an assistant, whetever his name was, while Edwards was still with the REF forces.

IIRC, his name was Benson.

Aka 'Lickspittle', 'Kreepy Ken Klone', 'Lackey'....The guy whose service record read 'minion, Senior Toadie' under rank.
Problem was, Benson was too two-dimensional to really warrant being called 'annoying'...by the time anybody really got around to taking an interest in him and his personal motivations(if any), it was time for him to get killed off...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Re: Benson

wildmandavis wrote:But you have to admit. His death was pretty spectacular.

Talk about a red shirt death.

Of course, I don't know about Minmei using her voice to knock him over back wards, but still, his death was gross and therefore pretty cool.

h

Hmmm....Mighta been better if Minmei had used his own gun to finish the job.....instead of having Janice and Rem make a cavalry appearance...

Gotta wonder, though...do the Japanese find Minmei as annoying as Americans do? Or is it just another cultural gap?
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
SailorCallie
Dungeon Crawler

Re: Benson

wildmandavis wrote:But you have to admit. His death was pretty spectacular.

Talk about a red shirt death.

Falling into the Regent's overgrown bathtub and being transformed into some horrible monster.

Of course, I don't know about Minmei using her voice to knock him over back wards, but still, his death was gross and therefore pretty cool.

h

You got that right. T.R. Edwards is, in fact, IIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNSSSSSSSSSSAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:
HMS Jacob

Unread post by HMS Jacob »

For annoying I choose Minmei.
Lynn-Kyle I would choose to kill in a slow painful way but that is a much stronger emotion than annoying.
Annie was such a non-entity to me that I did not even remember her until I started reading this thread.
Frank Castle
D-Bee

Unread post by Frank Castle »

taalismn wrote:
Frank Castle wrote:
taalismn wrote:

Question should be, who would you vote as the person you most want to see him killed/kicked around like a tether ball by? )

All at once, or one at a time(and in what order)?
And are weapons permitted?

One at a time, then all at once.
And yes, weapons would be permitted.
"See a few familiar faces. Break a few familiar necks. "
taalismn
Priest

CS Special Forces wrote::x that infernal singing.. :x ohh has that been said.. 8-)

Actual;ly sounds slightly better in the original Japanese....but 'StageFRight' still gives me the Cringies...
And NO, I do NOT want to know what she sounds like in the French version....the opening sequence tune was enough....NO offense to our French members, but I hope you deported the cads who recorded that?
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Annie at least acknowledged she was annoying, and occasionally got off a sardonic remark or two...something the other Great Annoyers never did...Though I'd agree Rand would be within his rights to leave her in a trap-pit for a cold night after a) almost blowing his head off with an RL-6, and b) braining him with Magruder's help, then tying him up and stealing his bike when Invid were in the area...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

Unread post by Aramanthus »

Minmay was who I voted as the most annoying. My players would warm up their dice to "Kill Minmay".
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE
Princedarkstorm
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Warriors of the Megaverse Unite !

Unread post by Princedarkstorm »

Lynn Kyle
Princedarkstorm
Megaversal® Ambassador

Very true on the original Macross Do you remeber love .
Better music and voice actors !
:D 8)
Wōdwulf Seaxaning
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Wōdwulf Seaxaning »

Minmay hands down.
Better Dead than Red!
F**k AntiFa! F**k Nazis! F**k Communists!
taalismn
Priest

Re: Re:

Robot Urchin wrote:
Bestarium wrote:Minmei = an idiot. She's annoying because she's too stupid to see the big picture and acts inconsideartely towards our hero. Annoying yes, but she's central to the plot and a major source of conflict.

You have to see the original Macross. You'd be amazed what a different voice actress, better songs, and better dialog can do.

Why are the ladies over-represented for worst character? How about the original Zor, who is so important but never shows? How about T.R. Edwards, who laughs in the face of plausibility? What of Benson, who had one sentence in the Sentinels? What of Commander Taylor, who promised us a recognizable role by Mark Hamill and only delivered 5 or 6 lines? What of Veidt or Volkar, who didn't even give their names during the show? How about the Regent? He talks through glowing nostrils. He has eyes growing up and down his spine, yet he has to turn his head to watch a monitor.

Because the Poll Contestants all had opportunity for character development...and we saw TOO much of their character(or lack thereof)...None of the folks you mention show up long enough for a fair sampling of their characterization to become either fascinating or annoying...It's like selecting Minmei's cousin Jason, simply because he's a little kid (who effectively vanishes during the latter part of the series)....It's like picking on the extras...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

I gotta go with Kyle...for some reason, I keep having hopes for Minmei...she was actually pretty tolerable up until she became famous, and her brain died....
Who knows what might have been possible had she not been discovered and groomed as an idol singer?
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Arnie100
Knight

Unread post by Arnie100 »

:D I vote Dana Sterling!!!!
They can't see me...Right!?
Princedarkstorm
Megaversal® Ambassador

Death of Lynn Kyle by Colonel Edwards was great !
taalismn
Priest

Princedarkstorm wrote:Death of Lynn Kyle by Colonel Edwards was great !

Pathetic...all that bluster, and Eddie-boy fakes him out...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Princedarkstorm
Megaversal® Ambassador

Ok .
True but for I hate Mimmey haters remember this you can always mute her and just look at her .
Princedarkstorm
Megaversal® Ambassador

Hooray for Cubefarmer!
You made a excellent point on all of them !

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”