Punch Damage while in *Body Armor*

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

zombietots
D-Bee

Punch Damage while in *Body Armor*

Unread post by zombietots »

If I'm wearing Dead Boy armor and punch a dude, does it do SDC or MDC? I'm talking regular MDC Body Armor, not Power Armor.
"I Love Lamp!" Read more Galaxy's Edge and Forgotten Ruins by Nick Cole and Jason Anspach Frickin' awesome series of books
Grazzik
Adventurer

Re: Punch Damage while in *Body Armor*

Unread post by Grazzik »

Standard damage, not mega damage, assuming you're a SDC being with normal strength.
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

How much damage are you going to do with a punch/kick while wearing regular MDC level EBA?

That is going to come down to what the PC/NPC's strength level is (regular, augmented, robotic, or supernatural):
-Regular PS is going to be SDC
-Augmented PS is going to be SDC, with options for MDC-level at times
-Robotic PS and Supernatural PS is going to be dependent on the actual value of the PS in question as some values will have options for SDC or MDC-level

SDC attacks may or may not indicate S.D.C by their damage code, however MDC attacks will always indicate M.D (and in some rare instances M.D.C) by their damage code in the text
zombietots
D-Bee

Unread post by zombietots »

Another quick question. Does Cyber-Knight get his strength bonus added to his Psi-Sword damage?
"I Love Lamp!" Read more Galaxy's Edge and Forgotten Ruins by Nick Cole and Jason Anspach Frickin' awesome series of books
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

Re: CK Psi-Sword

No, you would not add the character's PS Damage Bonus (Strength) to the Psi-Sword damage. Said bonus is always SDC based damage.

Technically it is not practical to add the SDC PS Damage Bonus to an MDC melee attack as the extra SDC would just be ignored (round damage down for high SDC attacks when converting to MDC IIRC would be the basis for this).

There may be another technicality, but I don't have the time at the moment to cite, but IIRC energy melee weapons (like a Psi-Sword) do not get the PS bonus even in SDC worlds.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

zombietots wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 7:54 am If I'm wearing Dead Boy armor and punch a dude, does it do SDC or MDC? I'm talking regular MDC Body Armor, not Power Armor.
Taking the presumption you mean an un-augmented human....
It does SD.

Damage is ether MD or SD.
Structure (damage resistance) is SDC and MDC.

It takes ether SNPS, SNPS equivalent, high augmented PS (24+) or robotic PS to Do MD in rifter via weaponless hand to hand attacks.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Plane
D-Bee

Unread post by Plane »

zombietots wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 11:59 am Another quick question. Does Cyber-Knight get his strength bonus added to his Psi-Sword damage?
The only place I can see allowing this is when you're smacking around vampires who would be taking that bonus damage if you were smacking them with other SDC weapons capable of hurting them like wood/silver if psi-sword is equally capable of it, since otherwise you'd have cyber-knights only using their psi-sword as a last resort since a wooden pool cue would be a better weapon for a strong knight.

Return to “Rifts®”