Systems Failure/Robotech

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

mech798
Dungeon Crawler

Systems Failure/Robotech

Unread post by mech798 »

So, I was going through all my old stuff, and I came across robotech material. It's a bit... Saddening. Robotech the RPG, at least the Palladium RPG is rapidly fading into the past. nobody in my area plays it (hell, few know of it). So most of my books are going into storage or possibly, one day, Ebay.

But the last game I ran did have a mixture of Systems Failure and Robotech, where the technology of Systems Failure proved to be a outgrowth or robotechnology developed during the period between Macross and Southern Cross, and continued on from there. So I was wondering if anyone would be interested if I posted the campaign. (no mecha or weapon stats, of course.)
NMI
OLD ONE

Re: Systems Failure/Robotech

Unread post by NMI »

Please feel free to post the campaign
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

I'm in a game of RT2.

Sounds interesting.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Can the Bugs feed off Protoculture-powered systems, or does it poison them?
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
mech798
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by mech798 »

Intro:
When the SDF-1 crashed, one thing that became plain was that the mysterious power source, protoculture, that existed on the ship was not infinite, especially since the UEF never found the hidden matrices.

As part of this, a long-term project was initiated, project Power-Seed, to find a way to make use of the mysterious, living energy that powered the veritiechs—and find a way to duplicate it.

Power-Seed failed, and well before the first robotech war, had become an almost ignored footnote, something that scientists hoped not to be assigned to.

And so. Dr. Sheila Millis left and took her data to another power.

The Eastern Bloc

The Eastern Bloc and many other small states had long been frustrated by the lack of access to advanced robotechnololgy and was seeking any way to even the scales, even long shots, and so they provided Dr. Millis with funding and aid.

And not long before the rain of death she had her breakthrough, an organic power source based on modified plants. The Eastern Bloc had barely started to adapt the new power source, which while far inferior to protoculture was better than many other power sources, when the Rain of Death destroyed it, leading the EBSIS to rise in its place. The new technology was used in some of their battloids and vehicles, allowing them to keep partial pace with the UEG—but the UEG, even when finding samples, did not adopt it—the Southern Cross focused on more advanced (and expensive) fusion drives and in general, the remains of four million warships provided the UEG with their own supplies.

Dr. Millis however continued to work. Protoculture had always been a vital way to modify DNA, being the root of some of the Master’s genetic modification projects and Millis focused on this, studying how she could go beyond simple power.

But to do this, she needed resources. The UEG knew of her defection, and so would arrest her, and so she remained with the EBSIS with them to develop new technologies based on the organitechnology as she coined it.

For years, the technology benefitted the EBSIS, not simply in terms of military power, but allowing the construction of organitech power plants and shelters for the refugees from the vast devastation of the zentraedi bombardment.

But Millis and her team sought more—she believed, that much like tiny organisms could build vast coral reefs, she could create plant like organisms that could grow into structures, everything from hojmes to armor—and maybe even weapons and mecha. The EBSIS was doubtful but a few years before the Second Robotech War, the AK99, an organitech energy rifle was unveiled. While not as effective as many ASC weapons, the ease with which it could be “grown” impressed the EBSIS, along with the organitech “armor extruders” which could make ceramic style armor plating.

By the end of the conflict the first organitech powered armors were being produced, with rumors of fully organitech mecha.

But none of that was enough to save the EBSIS from the Invid. The EBSIS and Dr. Millis both died in the fires of the Invid, and it seemed like Organitech died with them.

But that was not the case. Her daughter, escaped in an EBSIS submarine, along with the cutting edge research, and started to proliferate the organitech technology.

More importantly, she was not only a genius, like her mother, but the appearance of the Invid and their focus on transformation gave Wendy the information she needed to make several breakthroughs that had eluded her mom.

Wendy does not have a fixed location, using the submarine and a number of secret bases to continue her research, but she is not unwilling to provide tools and information to any willing to battle the Invid—and bring back reports.

But some of her inventions have led some to wonder—the psychics are powerful, but disturbing, while the transformed are terrifyingly familiar to any who have seen the products of an Genesis Pit—so the question is: is Wendy helping humanity beat the invid—or is she turning humanity into something alien.

Keep in mind that this is 1st edition robotech, so no shadow Chronicles. I wrote it before that, and more importantly, Shadow Chronicles has a lot less in the way of potential adventures, especially on earth, for players.
Sambot
Adventurer

Unread post by Sambot »

Sounds like this would be an interesting and fun game.
darthauthor
Hero

Unread post by darthauthor »

Sounds good to me
dataweaver
Adventurer

Unread post by dataweaver »

Perhaps, instead of Systems Failure, a better match for this general idea would be Splicers.

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”