How do CS Dog Boys get along with . . .

This is a place for G.M.s and GM wannabes to share ideas and their own methods of play. It is not a locked forum so be aware your players may be watching!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

darthauthor
Hero

How do CS Dog Boys get along with . . .

Unread post by darthauthor »

Trying to write.

How would CS Dog Boys in the field without human supervision for months get along with Free Born Dog Boys?

A wolfen from another planet (Who they can see reads and writes, knows science, medicine)?
Last edited by darthauthor on Thu Oct 05, 2023 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Re: How do CS Dog Boys get alonge with . . .

Unread post by Warshield73 »

As with most things I think it would depend on a few facts.
- Why is the pack unsupervised? Did the human CO die? Is there a Psi-Stalker? Did the pack kill the supervisor?
- What is the relationship with the CS? Are they on the run or trying to get back?
- How did they meet the freeborn and wolfen? Where they attacked by them? Saved by them?

The answer to these questions will give you your answer.

I could see several scenarios but one I like is a CS patrol with an attached dog pack is tracking renegades, maybe the freeborn dogboys, and run into a more powerful enemy like the Splugorth. The human members of the patrol send the dogboys in as a distraction and then run leaving them to be enslaved or killed. At the last minute the freeborn accompanied (maybe led) by the wolfen. Since he is from another world but knows science and such I am guessing the Three Galaxies. A Wolfen CAF Fleet Officer would fit the bill.

In this scenario they might be suspicious but grateful and since they are pack oriented would fall in with the strongest leader.

In another scenario maybe they are in conflict but forced to work together they might be openly hostile and try to fight for dominance.

Dog Boys are as varied as any other group so the possibilities are almost endless.

Hope that helps.
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2
darthauthor
Hero

Re: How do CS Dog Boys get alonge with . . .

Unread post by darthauthor »

Good Questions

Love the quote, "As with most things I think it would depend on a few facts."

The CS Dog Boys were sort of abandoned by their command when they stopped answering the radio or sending back up. Harassed by bots they withdrew.
A few squads have stories of a time when their new human squad leader lost his cool and in a state of panic (fearing he was possessed) shot one of the Dog Boys in the head. Tried to lie to cover it up. Called them all liars when they wouldn't back up his story. Another squad was rescued by a Dog Boy Cyber-Knight who helped him saves some psychic orphan kids.

A psi-stalker and Free Born Dog Boy disguised as CS lead them through the wilderness with the idea they were leading them to a town that they could send a message back to the CS military reporting their circumstances and location.
After a month of navigating threw a wilderness with no map with only what they have on them they experienced life without human supervision.
- What is the relationship with the CS? The showed courage, discipline and loyality. From their point of view, they were abandoned and forgotten.

Are they on the run or trying to get back?
At first, they were trying to get back. Now they are monster slaying and helping out villages they come across.

- How did they meet the freeborn and wolfen?
They are asked by village elders to defend against monsters during the Autumn Equinox. Every year when it happens a Rift opens and "something" comes out. They ask them Dog Boy platoon (lead by psi-stalkers) to kill a monster or send the D-Bee back through the RIft it comes out of.
The wolfen came out of the Rift. Charming female.
They meet the Free Born Dog Boys on a side quest. Five of them are part of a start up merc company as camp security and two wilderness scouts.

Where they attacked by them? Saved by them?

They were NOT attacked by them. They did try to attack them before their Psi-Stalker ordered them to stand down and fall back. They were in the company of humans who were using magic spells to make themselves invisible when they saw the CS Dog Boys approaching. After the Dog Boys withdrew one of the defending party used their psychic healing on two of the wounded.

Excellent quote, "The answer to these questions will give you your answer."

Return to “G.M.s Forum”