HP Bonus from Swarm Selves

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Plane
D-Bee

HP Bonus from Swarm Selves

Unread post by Plane »

I was looking over pg 101 of Powers Unlimited 3 and noticed an HP bonus is listed alongside the prowl and automatic dodge bonuses.

The last 2 seem like they should only apply when in the shrunken/swarmed state, but what about the HP?

Based on how the power works I would imagine something like it's an automatic always-on bonus that allows you to generate a larger amount of selves?

It doesn't seem like it would apply to the mini-selves (they're supposed to have a fixed 5 HP) so for it to only work when using the power, is it like a floating pool of HP?

You're meant to revert to full size when only one self is remaining (that means a max of 5 HP in the pool) But if the 4-9 extra HP vanished when the power is turned off, couldn't that possibly put you into negative HP and a coma?

I'm also wondering how the SDC of the selves is tracked when not transformed. The SDC pools are explicitly separate from your own (a minis-elf might even, at 50 each, have more SDC than you do when normal!) but would you keep track of that SDC when shifted into normal form?

That seems like the only fair way because if you could boost it from 0 SDC to 50 SDC just by merging/splitting (I'm guessing it takes a melee attack but I don't see time mentioned anywhere) that could get broken easily.

Maybe if you have healing factor, each pool can only heal while in that shape?
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Re: HP Bonus from Swarm Selves

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

The bonus is to allow you to generate a larger number of selves.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”