Got a new idea for my North American Campaign.

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Shorty Lickens
Hero
Comment: Arrrrgggghhhh!

Got a new idea for my North American Campaign.

Unread post by Shorty Lickens »

Emperor Prosek starts a misinformation campaign against the Manistique Imperium, claiming they have demon worshippers controlling the whole region. Eventually he decides now is the time to invade, take over, and convert the infidels, promising a swift victory in 3 or 4 days. The M.I. fights back bravely despite inferior numbers, technology, and heavy losses. They beg for help from Tolkeen, Free Quebec, and the Independent nations of Ohio. They keep arguing and can't decide if they will intervene or not, despite hating Prosek and his political ideals.
It has been 1 year of brutal fighting, with no end in sight. The CS is not happy with how slowly things progress and threatens to bring the NGR in for assistance. The NGR has made no indications they want to be involved in any way.
Eventually the mercenary army Prosek hired decides they will stop fighting for him, and turn their forces around, heading straight for Chi-Town. Prosek realizes what is happening and gets on a jet bound for Lone Star.

What I'm having difficulty with is the ending. How do I finish this campaign?
http://incompetech.com/graphpaper/
Create and print dozens of different graph papers.
Aermas
Explorer
Comment: There are two kinds of people in this world, those who quote people, & those who people quote

-Aermas

Re: Got a new idea for my North American Campaign.

Unread post by Aermas »

Minion War hits ChiTown while its underseige by mercs & multiple nations with mixed loyalties. Chi Town now has hostile humans on the outside, demons on the inside, & Prosek has left for LoneStar in their moment of need.

In come the Republican aligned party to see if they can negotiate through all the factions, & also save Chitown from a Hellpit on the inside, taking over Chi Town for a new America
Last edited by Aermas on Tue Jun 27, 2023 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Grazzik
Adventurer

Re: Got a new idea for my North American Campaign.

Unread post by Grazzik »

I think I've seen this movie before...

Not for the faint hearted, it's important for a GM to be fully aware of their players'... personal motivations... before running a campaign like this. They may want it to reflect their own views on how similar current events will play out. Or they may want to make a political statement which might cheese off other players. It could lead to hurt feelings all around as thinly veiled biases bubble up. That's why asking advice on how it could end is a fool's errand since we've no idea who is in your play group and what they want out of the campaign. At the end of the day, the players' PCs should be front and center during the pivotal moments of the campaign and their actions and choices should determine how it ends.

Otherwise it is just a deus ex machina trope leaving the players/PCs with no real agency and all the GM's efforts amounting to background scenery.

Return to “Rifts®”