Rifts and Other Palladium Play by Post

This is the place to find other gamers in your area. Please don't post any personal information in this forum. If you would like to contact another gamer please do it via email.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

PerroMalo
D-Bee
Comment: The Dark Lord of pbprpg.org

Rifts and Other Palladium Play by Post

Unread post by PerroMalo »

Most of the members of a large, Palladium-centric play-by-post forum have recently left that forum to start our own, under new management.
If you're curious you can read more on our new site: https://pbprpg.org/forums/

We currently have openings in multiple games across different Palladium settings: Rifts: MercTown, Rifts: Phase World, HU2: Century Station, Palladium Fantasy, 1920s Beyond the Supernatural, Chaos Earth, and Nightbane (more details to come later). All are run by experienced GMs with some centralized support/infrastructure, and all are recruiting for new PCs. We do enforce standards for writing quality and modest depth of in-game posts, with an expected post rate of one every 7-10 days or so, and we find that this makes for a very unique and in-depth (if slow) style of play that is not easy to come by using other media. Whether you're new to play-by-post or had a prior unsatisfactory experience, we hope you'll consider giving us another look- even if it's just to read about some of our adventures. Thank you.
Dash
Megaversal® Ambassador

Re: Rifts and Other Palladium Play by Post

Unread post by Dash »

Chaos Earth is currently actively recruiting.

At least one of the Phase World groups is as well.

Latest updates https://pbprpg.org/forums/viewforum.php?f=245
Tyrannosapiens Rex of The Player's Keep (formerly Explorers Unlimited)

Maybe you remember Living Mercenaries?
Dash
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Dash »

One Internet Troll's Promotion of a Website

Greetings Palladium Forums. You are the breeding ground where my internet life started, so here's the end result of spending your teens gaming on palchat back to haunt you. Missed you all.

If the idea of participating in a 20 year running campaign where groups meet and merge and go on epic adventures has appeal to you, the people at The Player's Keep can help. We've been doing this long enough to have figured out how to keep things going for a long time, and our largest historical challenge- a change of personality in our top level administration- has been accomplished.

The game itself is played out in play by post at what newcomers often find to be an agonizingly slow pace. My opinion is- slow and steady wins the race, like in the fable.

The site is always interested in talented Game Masters to run games. Be forewarned- there are plenty of house rules we abide by for the sake of the shared setting. A GM who can keep up posting for a group of players is worth their weight in gold and I will always try to give forever GMs a place when I'm running a group.

Likely the most onerous for GMs is the detail we require for gear because we don't want anyone handing out golf bags full of rune weapons in our shared setting that other GMs may have to deal with some day.
This is most important in MercTown where the built-in agreed motivation to adventure is financial rewards. Not that revenge or social obligations aren't motivation, but it kinda ruins sending people out on contracts if you give out tens of millions in loot in every throwaway encounter. In my opinion, it becomes a larger problem the larger the player base in the setting.

Onboarding starts here, but you can PM me here or try to reach out on twitter but I don't check that like I used to.

We often use Google Chat to communicate (unlike discord it doesn't take more than an extra browser tab) these days.

The Player's Keep Groups and Availability, April 2024

Rifts Earth- MercTown
Groups have openings unless labeled (Full). We are actively seeking GMs for Rifts Earth- Underguard is doing too much.
Heroes for Hire (Full)
GM: Underguard
Going strong almost 20 years.

Spook Squad
The home for evil edgelords. (Joking about the edgelord part- most of the time.)

The Templar
GM: Consumer
The good guys.

The Roughnecks
GM: Tyrannosapiens Rex
These guys got stuck with me, poor sods.

GIRLS of MercTown
I co-founded this group with one of my PCs. It's getting a rebrand now that Augur is gone and off doing roll for pay.

Phase World
I do believe Dark Lord (PerroMalo here) is still seeking GMs for his setting as well. At least one vacancy unless otherwise noted.

Galactic Adventurers (Full)
GM: Dark Lord

Galactic Rogues

Void Reavers
GM: Death & Gravity

HU2: Century Station
GMs: Blackhaunt, Chimera

This setting currently has 7 PCs, so there is either 1 opening or 9. This depends on if the Alphas and Betas want to split back up.

Palladium Fantasy
GM: Locknar
Two Openings

Dead Reign
GM: The Governor
Three Openings

Beyond the Supernatural
Two Openings

Nightbane
GM: Borger
Two Openings

Chaos Earth
GM: Myth & Jest
Three Openings

BattleTech: A Time of War
GM: Sum of All Fears
Three Openings

This offering is fresh if you want to get in on the ground level of a campaign.
Tyrannosapiens Rex of The Player's Keep (formerly Explorers Unlimited)

Maybe you remember Living Mercenaries?
PerroMalo
D-Bee
Comment: The Dark Lord of pbprpg.org

Unread post by PerroMalo »

Thanks Dash! Just a quick note- I don't currently have any openings for a GM in Phase World but I think we have one or two for the main MercTown game. What also have lots of openings for assistant GMs and (most importantly) new PCs! I'd be happy to answer questions here, or in our discussion thread in the PB discord.

Return to “Gamers Looking for Other Gamers”