Kidnap a dragon???

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

crb2099
D-Bee

Kidnap a dragon???

Unread post by crb2099 »

Let's say I'm a contractor on Rifts Earth looking to hire a crew to kidnap a dragon for reasons that are mine and mine alone. Assuming at the very least you already knew the location of a dragon's lair, what skills, abilities, spells, and equipment do you think you would need?
Books
D-Bee

Re: Kidnap a dragon???

Unread post by Books »

What type of dragon is it and how old is it? A hatchling going to a different approach then an ancient. Off the top of my head; I would hire at least one Nega-Psychic, Psi-Nullifier and Psi-Slayer. I'll update this when I am home with my pdfs.
Last edited by Books on Tue May 02, 2023 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

crb2099 wrote:Let's say I'm a contractor on Rifts Earth looking to hire a crew to kidnap a dragon for reasons that are mine and mine alone. Assuming at the very least you already knew the location of a dragon's lair, what skills, abilities, spells, and equipment do you think you would need?

If it’s a hatchling, send in a team of vagabonds; they have candy.
Just bribe it to go with you.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
Mack
Supreme Being
Comment: This space for rent.

Unread post by Mack »

With a bit of luck (and a small favor from your GM) it can be done with just a Mind Melter and an Air/Earth Warlock.

1) Bio-Manipulation Paralysis. Yes, it's stupidly overpowered, but it works. Have the Mind Melter spam this until it hits. Couldn't hurt to pile on Blind, Deafness, & Stun while you're at it.
2) Petrification (Earth Warlock spell, level 7). Have the Warlock turn the dragon to stone. The duration for a dragon is 1D6 months (not permanent, but long enough for our purpose). The good news is that you now have time on your side, and you no longer have to deal with an awake dragon. The bad news is that you have to deal with a dragon sized statue.
3) Transportation. Have the Warlock cast Phantom (Air spell, level 4) which can in turn summon five Phantom Footman (Air spell, level 4). Now you've got a team of supernaturally strong assistants who can carry and fly the statue to your destination.
4) Stone to Flesh (Earth Warlock spell, level 6). When you're ready, convert the dragon back to its original form. HOWEVER, this requires a small favor from the GM. The Earth Warlock version of this spell can convert twice the amount of stone as the normal invocation, but it's still only 100 pounds per level. A dragon will easily exceed that. Personally I'd allow it since you're turning one creature back to flesh, but it's a GM's call. If you need a more powerful attempt, a GM might be persuaded to allow the Warlock's good buddy, a Major Elemental, cast it instead. Or possibly house-rule a more powerful ritual version.

Technically, you don't even need the Mind Melter, but I figure no dragon is going to let a Warlock walk into his lair and start casting. Likewise, you'll want to augment with a team of fodder to distract the dragon.

This would be easier if you could shrink the dragon (either before or after Petrification) but I'm not aware of an offensive way to do that. Perhaps Charm or Mentally Possess it and convince it to Metamorph to a bunny.
Some gave all.
Love your neighbor.
Know the facts. Know your opinion. Know the difference.
darthauthor
Hero

Unread post by darthauthor »

Its amazing what a failed save on the part of your victim can do with a powerful spell or psionic power.

As long as you are at it. Mentally possess other on the dragon. Once you have the dragon's body you can fly it to where you want it but you will only have 5 minutes per level.

Hey when you mental possess someone can you choice to fail your save vs your friends spells?.

Return to “Rifts®”