Non-cannon settings...

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

pblackcrow
Champion

Non-cannon settings...

Unread post by pblackcrow »

What is the funnest non-cannon setting you've have had pleasure of making and/or playing in? What made that game work for you? What was different about setting? Also what was the difficulty score?...1-10. 1 being a spoon feed cake walk, and 10 being one of the most difficult.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
Bill
Megaversal® Ambassador

Re: Non-cannon settings...

Unread post by Bill »

Kind of in the middle of setting up a Palladium-esque fantasy world as an expansion on the background note for Rifts' Southern Federation High Wizards (SA2). The stuff from SA2 is super-brief, just indicating that the High Wizards are on a par with dragon-hatchlings magically. Riffing on that, I've made the High Wizards into a magically empowered subrace of humans that get bonuses to their effective caster level, spell power, and additional spells. I've also written up a servitor race of similarly empowered humans that draw bonuses from other supernatural mythical monsters. I'm envisioning it all as a sort of feudal world where the magically empowered High Wizards and their minions have subjugated the rest of humanity, virtually wiped out the other races, and engage in constant petty warfare and espionage against each other. It's a slow project, but someday I'll get around to using it.

Another idea I've had is to pull a handful of the D-bee races from Rifts and use them as the foundational races for a fantasy campaign. I think that would be fun to do as a collaborative project with the right group.
Suicycho
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Suicycho »

I haven't ran a game in over 10 years but recently I've had the urge to get one going. But I want to try something different. So I'm going to attempt a Palladium Fantasy/zombie apocalypse game. Not dead reign zombies but good old fashioned "romero" zombies.
Suicycho-the only Sound Off poster to get a thread locked for flaming himself.

"And that's why I call you Cracker you cracker." -Daniel Stoker

"IM perfectly willing to accept whatever Suicycho say's as GOd GIven Truth." -Sir Spirit
kiralon
Champion
Comment: Kill it with Fire.

Unread post by kiralon »

I did an adventure that spanned pretty much most of the popular fantasy novels series, and it turned out way better then I could have imagined. It was good just because of the way the plots from the different stories managed to flow into each other, which was part my planning and part actions of the players.
EG if you have read the Magician series from Raymond Feist I had one of the players go all Thomas and Ashen-Shugar (His character and Xy), whenever the interactions occurred the player rolled a natural 20 to prevent Xy from fully taking him over, and I tried several times but he just kept rolling the number he needed to save (Nat 20) so after the 3rd time I gave up on making him roll. (When at a peace meeting him/xy pulled off ya-ahk-mets arms off and beat him to death with them. The Druid of the party managed to absorb the knowledge and power of runes from world that became the nightbane world (my story is that the nightbane world is on the edge of reality, and the creatures of the outer dark were trying to get in and the nightbane world wandered over the border, thus the nightbane). While she was sleeping often little individual runes would jump out her eyes, ears or mouth and go for a little wander and they had attitude, I based them off la linea https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4MQYEDY1GU) and the other players would then follow them around to see what they did. They irritated a type of water rune and suddenly everything that could hold water if it fell out of the sky was full of water.
They had a pet Queen Tyranid called fluffy that if fed biological matter would get the traits of what they fed it. They went to to Phlan, Deverry (this was fun, deverry's armies are pretty small, they came across some peasants running from a bandit army so the pc's went and had a look, found what they thought were the scouts, about 18 or so) and killed them, then went looking for the army to use guerrilla tactics on it, not realising they had just stopped the "army". They fed Frodo to fluffy, created a new ellcrys, got rand stabbed to death, cleared kuto's well and the area around phlan, found a dragonlance, found most of the swords of power, watched gods die, threw the orb of aldur into the sea, fought the 4 horseman of the apocalypse, temporarily had supernatural strengths of 50, which was hilarious, crashed robotech fighters into mechanoids, got chased through downtown Detroit in the 1930's being chased by a T-Rex skeleton, went to ankh morpork, fought elric, and many more.

one character died more than 50 times, mostly from sheer bad luck, my favourite was when they went into the lair of a master of the underworld (they thought capone style) they came into a very dark office, so one of the players did a globe of daylight to see by, so the lord of the underworld who was a vampire picked his oak desk up and threw it at the party, the party had buffed themselves before going in so they needed around a 5-7 to dodge, but the player failed (with a reroll) and died. One fight he died 7 times in a row. This same character defeated the plague horseman of the apocalypse by using a rifts faerie made cure-all, that was magical, and advanced medically. The creature had grabbed him so he had the cure in his hand and shoved it down the horsemans throat, who promptly bit his arm off. The druid grew him a wooden arm but the priest accidently petrified it.

So a difficulty rating is hard to give, some spots were nigh on impossible (dealing with old ones) whereas some spots were really easy (fighting off the "armies" in deverry)
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

I have no problem,with a Non-canon Palladium fantasy.
It,s you want a Good Western empire in your game,I am OK with it.

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”