Machanoid-Demon gang war and the PC's started it...

This is a place for G.M.s and GM wannabes to share ideas and their own methods of play. It is not a locked forum so be aware your players may be watching!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Alrik Vas
Knight
Comment: Don't waste your time gloating over a wounded enemy. Pull the damn trigger.

Machanoid-Demon gang war and the PC's started it...

Unread post by Alrik Vas »

Okay, so the group's been on a job to hunt down this gargoyle for a while now, they infiltrated it's mountain base, fought a lot of it's followers, but they had to retreat.

As they retreated they fought mechanoids, who have been slowly pushing west from the east coast wilderness. (yes, this is as bad as it seems...). So they want to go back in there and beat up the gargoyle for the bounty on him and they decided to have their TW (who is practically an operator as well) rig up something to draw the mechanoids to an area using parts he managed to salvage out of one of them (it was a lot of handwave-fu, but i liked their gumption). They basically wanted the humanoid servants of the gargoyle to come across the mechanoids and have them fight each other so they could sneak in during the confusion. Not bad, considering their crappy situation, eh?

The problem is that when the mechanoids attacked, there was an Alu there. The mech's horrifically killed it (TK levitated it into the air and used it for target practice with impunity...jerks, i know...) but then suddely full on scary demons start coming out of the mountain and instead of retreating, the mechanoids call in reinforcements...escalating things considerably.

So now the players are caught in a full on battle between mechanoids and demons. Half the group is like, "Yeah...um...let's get the crap out of here" but the other half (a never-give-up merc type and a cyberknight) are convinced they can come out on top, or at least find/kill the gargoyle and get proof they took him out.

I find the whole situation hilarious...i mean really, when you see the worms of taut inching out from under a mountain, that's a pretty clear sign it's time to get out.
Mark Hall wrote:Y'all seem to assume that Palladium books are written with the same exacting precision with which they are analyzed. I think that is... ambitious.

Talk from the Edge: Operation Dead Lift, Operation Reload, Operation Human Devil, Operation Handshake, Operation Windfall 1, Operation Windfall 2, Operation Sniper Wolf, Operation Natural 20
Syndicate
Adventurer

Re: Machanoid-Demon gang war and the PC's started it...

Unread post by Syndicate »

Alrik Vas wrote:Okay, so the group's been on a job to hunt down this gargoyle for a while now, they infiltrated it's mountain base, fought a lot of it's followers, but they had to retreat.

As they retreated they fought mechanoids, who have been slowly pushing west from the east coast wilderness. (yes, this is as bad as it seems...). So they want to go back in there and beat up the gargoyle for the bounty on him and they decided to have their TW (who is practically an operator as well) rig up something to draw the mechanoids to an area using parts he managed to salvage out of one of them (it was a lot of handwave-fu, but i liked their gumption). They basically wanted the humanoid servants of the gargoyle to come across the mechanoids and have them fight each other so they could sneak in during the confusion. Not bad, considering their crappy situation, eh?

The problem is that when the mechanoids attacked, there was an Alu there. The mech's horrifically killed it (TK levitated it into the air and used it for target practice with impunity...jerks, i know...) but then suddely full on scary demons start coming out of the mountain and instead of retreating, the mechanoids call in reinforcements...escalating things considerably.

So now the players are caught in a full on battle between mechanoids and demons. Half the group is like, "Yeah...um...let's get the crap out of here" but the other half (a never-give-up merc type and a cyberknight) are convinced they can come out on top, or at least find/kill the gargoyle and get proof they took him out.

I find the whole situation hilarious...i mean really, when you see the worms of taut inching out from under a mountain, that's a pretty clear sign it's time to get out.

This sounds like something that's about to happen in my game. :shock:
"What began as a gathering, ended as an organization."
Alrik Vas
Knight
Comment: Don't waste your time gloating over a wounded enemy. Pull the damn trigger.

Re: Machanoid-Demon gang war and the PC's started it...

Unread post by Alrik Vas »

Well, they did come out on top...though two of them died. They fought past the mechanoids, ambushed a giant worm, killed a few Alu, scared off a Vampire and then fought the Shifter who was summoning the demons. Managed to kill him, close the Rift he had open and then get out!

...just as the CS started shelling the mountain (by this time the Mechanoids had cleared out and the demons were about to rally and fight the PC's...but the kaboom from the sky sent them scattered). There was a lot of escaping at that point, a few funerals and now they've collected their pay and want to go to Germany.
Mark Hall wrote:Y'all seem to assume that Palladium books are written with the same exacting precision with which they are analyzed. I think that is... ambitious.

Talk from the Edge: Operation Dead Lift, Operation Reload, Operation Human Devil, Operation Handshake, Operation Windfall 1, Operation Windfall 2, Operation Sniper Wolf, Operation Natural 20

Return to “G.M.s Forum”