Black Vault Contents

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Neferkem
D-Bee

Black Vault Contents

Unread post by Neferkem »

The CS Black Vault the black hole that swallows up each and every magic item the CS comes into contact with, with only a rare extremely rare few exceptions, may have just more than rune weapons/items, TW devices, and alchemist creations. Some where within the Warehouse 13-like confines of the Black Vault lies a crate with what with what is very special contents more so than one member of the Hammer Squads would have ever originally guessed when first retrieving the crate from front line troops who discovered it initially. This crate you see has an egg, but not just any egg but the offspring of a dragon, but not just any dragon but the offspring of Kym-nark-mar and Zandragal making said off spring a godling. Now that godling having arrived in the vault pursuant to the instruction it received from one or both of the infant's deific parents, is learning from the various items sequestered throughout the vault. The Godling will only hatch only when it chooses to do so and only after it has learned all that it can from those mentors. When it does then the godling will lay claim to the vault has its own horde forever changing the Vault, the CS and the world of Rifts.
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Re: Black Vault Contents

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

Fun idea.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
Witchcraft
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Witchcraft »

That's a pretty kewl idea. What happens in Chi-Town stays in Chi-Town.
There is no spoon.
Neferkem
D-Bee

What about timing? Does the godling choose to hatch now or when all of hell breaks loose (ie: the minion war) on Rifts Earth? I ask only because does not pour when it rains ?
Daeglan
Adventurer

Unread post by Daeglan »

Happens just as the CS is making it out of the Minion War. When they think they are home free.
Check out my photography http://daeglan.imagekind.com
Rimmerdal
Knight
Comment: Official Member of the 'Transformers don't need Humans Club'

Unread post by Rimmerdal »

a very solid concept. The Vaults personnel quietly possessed/taken over to server the Dragon Turning the Vault and all its good into his personal fortess.
taalismn wrote:
Rimmerdal wrote:mmm Rifts street meat..

Flooper. Fried, broiled, or chipped.
It's like eating Chinese.
FLOOP! And you're hungry again.
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin
Comment: Full of Love and C-4, give me a hug.

Unread post by Mech-Viper Prime »

I think its rather silly to for CS to have some type of fail safe for this , after all they are "so paranoid" not to.
Ravenwing wrote:"Killing Dbee's isn't murder, they aren't human, it's pest control!"

Zardoz wrote:You have been raised up from Brutality, to kill the Brutals who multiply, and are legion. To this end, Zardoz your God gave you the gift of the Gun. The Gun is good!
Mack
Supreme Being
Comment: This space for rent.

Unread post by Mack »

I'm not sure the CS would put an egg in the Black Vault. An incinerator seems more likely.
Some gave all.
Love your neighbor.
Know the facts. Know your opinion. Know the difference.
Rimmerdal
Knight

Mech-Viper Prime wrote:I think its rather silly to for CS to have some type of fail safe for this , after all they are "so paranoid" not to.

We both know tech is pretty lame in the Rifts universe, especially being vunerable to magic and Psionics. But I tend to agree with you. The CS has Psionics too. That said all they 'd need to do is dominate a Psi-tech or Mind melter...then the rest snow balls.
taalismn wrote:

Rimmerdal
Knight

Mack wrote:I'm not sure the CS would put an egg in the Black Vault. An incinerator seems more likely.

They'd need to know it was an egg to start with. but yeah an egg with a godling dragon should stick out.
taalismn wrote:

BlueLion
Wanderer

Unread post by BlueLion »

Well in your games your imagination is the only thing that limits what is possible. That is why rifts has limitless possibilities. Part of the reason that Rifts tech might seam lame in some areas is when the frame work for it was set down. The time the first rules where written technology and the common understanding of it was not quite what it is today. A good example is the boom gun, its sonic boom affect is not realistic. The sonic boom is not based off a fixed point but a pressure wave off the object traveling faster than sound. Most modern rifles fire rounds faster than the speed of sound, but they do not cause people to get nocked down. That might happen with something big like a jet, but not a bullet.

Now then a good way to start to figure out as a base is the cannon information from the black vault source book. Then flesh out details with what can be done with todays tech. Any device we have they should have a better one availed. Then the GM could add any custom things he think should be there. Now I without looking at the book I would think the CS has a failsafe to attempt to seal/destroy the black vault. More than likely seal then destroy, the mechanics are up the GM ideas like thermal cleansing(super heat it all say past 5000 degrees.) flash freeze (flood it with super cold gasses like a liquid nitrogen shower), or nuke it. Possibly even multiple different ones in case one does not work, such as flash freeze then thermal cleansing then nuke. To me it is plausible for a system like that to be there.

The egg idea is a good one but it does not have to be a God/dragon egg you could also use a Alien intelligence egg/splinter. Or some fast reproducing unknowing life form that can infest/take over people. Maybe a seed for pod people. (Not sure how obvious a dragon egg will be but after ransacking a dragon city I think the CS may have an idea.)
In closing I would like to say "Will eat for food"

Breath mint?
Have a nice day.

Now where did I put that Sword?
Yes my spelling is bad, but that is the least of my problems.

Is it bed time yet.
BlueLion
Wanderer

korcheck wrote:You hide the egg inside a magical statue, if they know enough about magic items to know a rune item can have an intelligence, then they will assume the life force they sense inside is due to this.?.

Seams a lot of work to put a dragon hatchling of a god at risk. Remember things do not always go to black vault. There are cycles of destroying every thing and sending things to the vault. There is no grantee they will send it to the vault. They might thing it is a golem and just rip its heart/egg out.

Breath mint?
Have a nice day.

Is it bed time yet.
Rimmerdal
Knight

BlueLion wrote:
korcheck wrote:You hide the egg inside a magical statue, if they know enough about magic items to know a rune item can have an intelligence, then they will assume the life force they sense inside is due to this.?.

Seams a lot of work to put a dragon hatchling of a god at risk. Remember things do not always go to black vault. There are cycles of destroying every thing and sending things to the vault. There is no grantee they will send it to the vault. They might thing it is a golem and just rip its heart/egg out.

if they do. Just hope it doesn't find that roll of TW MDC Duct tape..:P
taalismn wrote:

Neferkem
D-Bee

Rimmerdal wrote:
BlueLion wrote:

A pox on your TW MDC Duct tape ... lol
BlueLion
Wanderer

Neferkem wrote:
Rimmerdal wrote:
BlueLion wrote:

A pox on your TW MDC Duct tape ... lol

Funny I made a super TW utility belt one time basically a belt of pouches containing low level utility TW devises one of them made duct tape. That will make it very hard to get rid of TW duct tape.

Breath mint?
Have a nice day.

Is it bed time yet.

Return to “Rifts®”