Info on the "Pretty Zombie"

You are on your own. The Army is MIA and our government is gone! There are no communications of any kind. Cities and towns have gone dark, and zombies fill the streets. The dead have risen and it would seem to be the end of the world. Help me, Mommy!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Snake Eyes
Hero
Comment: Living in Florida, soon to be Dinosaur Swamp

Re: Info on the "Pretty Zombie"

Unread post by Snake Eyes »

Its in the Dead Reign sourcebook "Civilization Gone Wild" pg 42
The Dragon Has Spoken
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

So horribly tempting.

Would you?
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
flatline
Knight

Unread post by flatline »

Snake Eyes wrote:Its in the Dead Reign sourcebook "Civilization Gone Wild" pg 42

I see what you did there ;)

--flatline
I don't care about canon answers. I'm interested in good, well-reasoned answers and, perhaps, a short discussion of how that answer is supported or contradicted by canon.

If I don't provide a book and page number, then don't assume that I'm describing canon. I'll tell you if I'm describing canon.
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

Did the feed on Ppe right after they die,so they do not decompose like the other types?
What are the Zombie types and Occ in Dead reign:soucebook1,Civiliation gone^
Palladium books did not give out much info on it.
Snake Eyes
Hero
Comment: Living in Florida, soon to be Dinosaur Swamp

Unread post by Snake Eyes »

flatline wrote:
Snake Eyes wrote:Its in the Dead Reign sourcebook "Civilization Gone Wild" pg 42

--flatline

:lol: :lol:
I just realized that i added 'wild' at the end........
The Dragon Has Spoken
flatline
Knight

Snake Eyes wrote:
flatline wrote:

--flatline

:lol: :lol:
I just realized that i added 'wild' at the end........

Freud would be proud :)

It was an excellent joke, intentional or not.

--flatline
I don't care about canon answers. I'm interested in good, well-reasoned answers and, perhaps, a short discussion of how that answer is supported or contradicted by canon.

If I don't provide a book and page number, then don't assume that I'm describing canon. I'll tell you if I'm describing canon.
Alrik Vas
Knight
Comment: Don't waste your time gloating over a wounded enemy. Pull the damn trigger.

Unread post by Alrik Vas »

I don't need stats or anything, but what is the premise of the Pretty Zombie?
Mark Hall wrote:Y'all seem to assume that Palladium books are written with the same exacting precision with which they are analyzed. I think that is... ambitious.

Talk from the Edge: Operation Dead Lift, Operation Reload, Operation Human Devil, Operation Handshake, Operation Windfall 1, Operation Windfall 2, Operation Sniper Wolf, Operation Natural 20
ArmySGT.
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by ArmySGT. »

Alrik Vas wrote:I don't need stats or anything, but what is the premise of the Pretty Zombie?

It is surprise and shock. The PC thinks he is helping a beautiful woman survivor. Then the woman tries to eat his face.
flatline
Knight

ArmySGT. wrote:
Alrik Vas wrote:I don't need stats or anything, but what is the premise of the Pretty Zombie?

It is surprise and shock. The PC thinks he is helping a beautiful woman survivor. Then the woman tries to eat his face.

Wow, that's a whole lot less interesting than the run up in this thread had lead me to believe.

Oh well.

--flatline

palladiumjunkie
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by palladiumjunkie »

flatline wrote:
ArmySGT. wrote:

Wow, that's a whole lot less interesting than the run up in this thread had lead me to believe.

Oh well.

--flatline

Exactly what I was thinking. LoL!

-Chris
"Quality takes time. Poop comes out multiple times a year." -MrNexx

"Choosing to house-rule in order to customize the game to your liking can be a beautiful thing.
But being forced to house-rule in order to make the game playable at all is not." - Killer Cyborg
cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Unread post by cornholioprime »

gaby wrote:Did the feed on Ppe right after they die,so they do not decompose like the other types?
What are the Zombie types and Occ in Dead reign:soucebook1,Civiliation gone^
Palladium books did not give out much info on it.
In the Dead Reign setting, Zombies have a "default" appearance -which is to say, whatever state of decomposition or damage their bodies have either 'started at' (i.e., how they looked right after they died or were killed), or whatever sorry state of decomposition they have arrived at through lack of feeding or other causes.

A so-called Pretty Zombie is one who had a high P.B. stat when living, that was killed and turned with minimal damage to the body; and as long as they stay fed with PPE from their victims, they can maintain that high P.B. indefinitely.
The books also imply that Pretty Zombies are a subset of the so-called Pattern Zombies, and these particular creatures can often be found primping themselves and looking completely normal apart from whatever (hidden?) wounds that killed them -which is one hell of a potential trap for anybody who hasn't encountered one yet and who wants to help the pretty woman in front of them get to safety.
The Kevinomicon, Book of Siembieda 3:16.

16 Blessed art Thou above all others, O COALITION STATES, beloved of Kevin;

17 For Thou art allowed to do Evil without Limit, nor do thy Enemies retaliate.

18 Thy Military be run by Fools and Dotards.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
Alrik Vas
Knight
Comment: Don't waste your time gloating over a wounded enemy. Pull the damn trigger.

Unread post by Alrik Vas »

That's...messed up.

Like, what kind of mental faculties do Pattern and Pretty Zombies have? can they still talk and perform basic tasks?
Mark Hall wrote:Y'all seem to assume that Palladium books are written with the same exacting precision with which they are analyzed. I think that is... ambitious.

Talk from the Edge: Operation Dead Lift, Operation Reload, Operation Human Devil, Operation Handshake, Operation Windfall 1, Operation Windfall 2, Operation Sniper Wolf, Operation Natural 20
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

How come we have Hound Masters but no Zombie Pimps?
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
Epically
Explorer

Unread post by Epically »

cornholioprime wrote:A so-called Pretty Zombie is one who had a high P.B. stat when living, that was killed and turned with minimal damage to the body; and as long as they stay fed with PPE from their victims, they can maintain that high P.B. indefinitely.
The books also imply that Pretty Zombies are a subset of the so-called Pattern Zombies, and these particular creatures can often be found primping themselves and looking completely normal apart from whatever (hidden?) wounds that killed them -which is one hell of a potential trap for anybody who hasn't encountered one yet and who wants to help the pretty woman in front of them get to safety.

Not to mention that pretty zombies set ambushes.

Tor wrote:How come we have Hound Masters but no Zombie Pimps?

I'm sure there is a variant on the zombie lover that would accomodate this.
Captain Shiva
Adventurer
Comment: In sheer daemonic strangeness I am unparalleled

Unread post by Captain Shiva »

ArmySGT. wrote:

Or a post-apocalyptic psycho tries to force himself on her, and she eats something else. :twisted:
Have you ever been thrown out of a Rifts game for being smarter than the Game Master?
Tor
Palladin

Unread post by Tor »

Captain Shiva wrote:post-apocalyptic psycho tries to force himself on her, and she eats something else. :twisted:

This isn't Life According to Garp, in the zombie apocalypse solutions exist and have been implemented.

Return to “Dead Reign™”