just a question.

This is a place for G.M.s and GM wannabes to share ideas and their own methods of play. It is not a locked forum so be aware your players may be watching!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Eryk Stormbright
Dungeon Crawler

just a question.

Unread post by Eryk Stormbright »

I was wondering if there was a Temporal spell, or a Spell of Legend that brings a character back to the prime of their life. i've seen the spells in England, but they push the body to the end of life, and it is only temporary. So if anyone knows or has heard of such a spell anywhere, i've love to take a look at it, thanks.
I am master of all I see.... and I see Everything.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Re: just a question.

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

There is a potion in R England that temporarily restores the vitality of youth.

In Mystic China there is a Chi Magic spell that makes "Beans of Life" when taken as a pill restores the char to the fullness of health and gives +25 years of youthful vitality to the char.

There is a Magic circle in 'the old ones' book that changes the char into an elf. And in so doing expands their expected life span.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

circle of youth
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

The Dark Elf wrote:circle of youth

:thwak: where?
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Bill
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Bill »

I don't know of one, but I'd just make it up. If you're running the game, you have the authority to do whatever you want. Just realize that it may undermine the tension of your game if you give away too much stuff, too fast, without the players putting in some effort.
Eryk Stormbright
Dungeon Crawler

yeah, i'm going to be running the game. :twisted: and it's not for the players.. it's for the main evil they will be facing.. right now it's just going to be one of the plot devices to .. motivate the players hehe. I was thinking of just making up the spell but i just wanted to be sure there wasn't one already somewhere in a book first, thanks everyone for the help.
dragonfett
Knight

Unread post by dragonfett »

Don't forget about the Fountain of Youth in the Yucatan Peninsula (or the fact that to keep it's affects, you have to keep drinking it for eternity).
Under the Pain of Death
I would Stand Alone
Against an Army of Darkness
And Horrors Unknown
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

dragonfett wrote:Don't forget about the Fountain of Youth in the Yucatan Peninsula (or the fact that to keep it's affects, you have to keep drinking it for eternity).

Is that in the new VK book or was it in the old one?
dragonfett
Knight

Unread post by dragonfett »

I know that it was in the first (p. 169), but I don't know about the new revised one as I don't have access to that one.
Under the Pain of Death
I would Stand Alone
Against an Army of Darkness
And Horrors Unknown
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

TY... I don't have VKr ether. But I know they added 'something" :roll: new in it.
Bill
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Bill »

None of the Yucatan stuff made it into the revised edition. I believe it's supposed to be revised and expanded in the VK Sourcebook that KS is waiting to work on until after the new Robotech book is finished.
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Crystal goblet also reverts you to aged 20 but its race restrictive and converts you back to lvl 1.
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Eryk Stormbright
Dungeon Crawler

yeah whatever i use it's going to be for Palladium Fantasy, and it can't be set for just one race. i plan on having for my main evil that's behind everything an old Lizard Mage. i know they already have long life spands, but this one for one of his Mage paths took to Temporal magic, and well.. even they grow old and die.. this one seems to have found a way out of that little problem, without having to be reset to level one.
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer

Eryk Stormbright wrote:yeah whatever i use it's going to be for Palladium Fantasy, and it can't be set for just one race. i plan on having for my main evil that's behind everything an old Lizard Mage. i know they already have long life spands, but this one for one of his Mage paths took to Temporal magic, and well.. even they grow old and die.. this one seems to have found a way out of that little problem, without having to be reset to level one.

Circle of Youth is ideal - PFRPG canon and the components are relatively easy. Plus it could be used on everyone on the circle so the lizard mage doesnt necessarily have to be the summoner.
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
St. Evil
Explorer
Comment: Looking to start the Really Evil League of Evil, because the League of Evil wasn't evil enough.

Unread post by St. Evil »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:
The Dark Elf wrote:circle of youth

:thwak: where?

In the lowest level of the Place of Magic, in the Old Ones book.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

There is a magic poition that herbalists and druids can make in Rifts England that seemingly restores youth and vitality temporarily, but it's cosmetic.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon

Return to “G.M.s Forum”