Palladium Fantasy RPG® Game Master Kit now available

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

DBX
Hero

Palladium Fantasy RPG® Game Master Kit now available

Unread post by DBX »

copy/paste from latest weekly update

Palladium Fantasy RPG® Game Master Kit – NOW AVAILABLE on DriveThruRPG.com

http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product/1 ... Master-Kit
ghost2020
Adventurer

Re: Palladium Fantasy RPG® Game Master Kit now available

Unread post by ghost2020 »

Are the HtH attacks correct? Did the 2 base attacks get added?

(edit- looks like some only get 3 attacks which still doesn't make sense)

Otherwise, a great looking kit! Very handy! Keep'em coming!
Justthis Guy
Explorer

Unread post by Justthis Guy »

so has anyone got this and looked it over? The drive thru did not have much in the way of description, more of a teaser than any meat to what is there.
The answer to Life the Universe and Everything is 42!!! but just what is the question? hmm . .
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

Ive bought it.

It has:

a one sheet useful tabled stat guide (saves, bonuses, supernatural damage, magic casting rules, maghic and armour rules, HP regenration table)

Combat matrix same as Rifts

Skill sheet with catergories and the skill percentages and their bonuses as well as any bonuses given for the physical skills

WP skill sheet detailing the bonuses

Alphabetical list of spells, their PPE cost and page reference

Excellent sheets on circles (look, PPE costs, components, TIME TO CREATE!, bonuses page ref) and a log of componentns your character has

Some neat posters

Three full colour map (terrain - the one on the back of M&A 1st edition, known world and Timiro kingdom) - $5 is worth it for these alone.

All the character sheet for the cutting room floor

Loads of new, but brief, NPC's.

Fantastic value!
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
ghost2020
Adventurer

still wish they'd get the HtH attack thing right.
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

ghost2020 wrote:still wish they'd get the HtH attack thing right.

I know it's a mistake but if there is someone reading this thinking I wont buy it cos of that, the rectification required is simply to deduct two hth attacks for each of the NPC's. That really is all this mistake is.

Great value! Go get it!
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
ghost2020
Adventurer

I was thinking either add the two HtH and keep it or take off the two HtH, it's all over the map. Some characters are per the old rules some are supporting the two base attacks rule.

That aside, this is a FANTASTIC resource, and I hope Palladium keeps making them for all of their lines!!
Justthis Guy
Explorer

Unread post by Justthis Guy »

Well I went and bought it. Looks pretty good. The maps will be a great boon. Dislike some of the sizing and orientations, but I can deal with it. the 20 NPC's might come in handy to use as villians or poeple met to aid the story line; always need dragon food ! LOL
The answer to Life the Universe and Everything is 42!!! but just what is the question? hmm . .
gaaahhhh
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by gaaahhhh »

Technically by the book they did get it right. It's intended that everyone gets 2 base attacks, but the combat section as written states 2 attacks with most Hand-to-Hand skills, and 1 attack with no Hand-to-Hand training. That's the way I run it in my games, and it hasn't been a problem so far.
pblackcrow
Champion

Unread post by pblackcrow »

Needs more maps...They are well done, don't get me wrong. Just could have used more.

I'd say, this rates 4 stars out of 5 stars. I feel that they could have done more with it than they did. That's all. But the stuff they included is very nice. Worth the money.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
sHaka
Hero
Comment: Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt

Unread post by sHaka »

The Dark Elf wrote:

I know it's a mistake but if there is someone reading this thinking I wont buy it cos of that, the rectification required is simply to deduct two hth attacks for each of the NPC's. That really is all this mistake is.

Great value! Go get it!

Agreed - plus the real benefit here is that if Palladium submit a corrected document, customers get the amended document for free.

For things like this, PDF is king.
Northern Gun Weapons Technician, R&D Department
Reading: Savage Worlds / Savage Rifts
Playing: Nothing U_U
Advocating: A free, super-slick .pdf of Palladium's core system with sample characters and scenario
My Dead Reign Character Sheet
Palladium Books RPG Google+ Community
ghost2020
Adventurer

gaaahhhh wrote:

Technically by the book they did get it right. It's intended that everyone gets 2 base attacks, but the combat section as written states 2 attacks with most Hand-to-Hand skills, and 1 attack with no Hand-to-Hand training. That's the way I run it in my games, and it hasn't been a problem so far.

Some of the characters are 4th level have the two base, two for HtH for a total of 4 or more (like Sir Elroy and Gerrick), yet Folan has 3. Then there is Haloric 3rd level with 4 attacks.
Granted, it's an easy fix, but just figure out if we are doing the 2 base attacks and then the HtH style or just HtH style and no 2 base attacks. Just looking for some consistency.
gaaahhhh
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by gaaahhhh »

ghost2020 wrote:
gaaahhhh wrote:

Some of the characters are 4th level have the two base, two for HtH for a total of 4 or more (like Sir Elroy and Gerrick), yet Folan has 3. Then there is Haloric 3rd level with 4 attacks.
Granted, it's an easy fix, but just figure out if we are doing the 2 base attacks and then the HtH style or just HtH style and no 2 base attacks. Just looking for some consistency.

Clearly some of the characters just have Boxing, and the rest of them have Super-boxing. :clown:
ghost2020
Adventurer

LOL!!!
I love super boxing! :)

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”