Choosing Armor

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Mad Cow Milk
Dungeon Crawler

Choosing Armor

Unread post by Mad Cow Milk »

As many of you who frequent these boards know I am making a light conversion cyborg from Russian. As part of his starting equipment my GM has given me a choice of a suit of heavy armor (a suite of armor that does not have an MDC over 180 for the main body).
So I was looking at some armor that specifically had full environmental capacity. This does exclude exoskeletons.

Logically I want the highest MDC I can find. As a Russian immigrant to North America I only have access to Russian specific armor and those that can be normally found in North America. The weather is going to be worm desert-like so cold weather stuff probably would not be such a "hot" idea.

My character has a robotic P.S. of 28.

I was looking at the Titan Plate armor, but they cover normal and supernatural PS, not robotic so I am not sure if I am strong enough to use that armor effectively.
Also, as I mentioned in another thread, I don't know what the % of the armor is for the helmet and other locations of the armor, my GM told me I needed to figure that out.

So if anyone has any suggestions/advice that would be great.

Thanks,
MCM
Colt47
Champion
Comment: Keeper of the Pies

Re: Choosing Armor

Unread post by Colt47 »

Page 101 of the Bionics sourcebook has deep sea environmental body armor for cyborgs. It's an EBA that has the added bonus of being able to take deep ocean pressures, though I can't seem to find the armor in the Game masters guide to give quick armor allocations. I'd just look at the Coalition CA-6 cyborg armor and base the percentages off of that armor for leg, arm, and head mdc allocations.
Norbu the Enchanter: Hello friends! What brings you to my shop today?

Big Joe: We need some things enchanted to take a beating...

Norbu: Perhaps you want your weapons enchanted? Or maybe a shield or sword? I can even enchant armor!

Big Joe: We need you to enchant this Liver, this heart, and these kidneys.

Norbu: :shock:
Mad Cow Milk
Dungeon Crawler

Colt47 wrote:Page 101 of the Bionics sourcebook has deep sea environmental body armor for cyborgs. It's an EBA that has the added bonus of being able to take deep ocean pressures, though I can't seem to find the armor in the Game masters guide to give quick armor allocations. I'd just look at the Coalition CA-6 cyborg armor and base the percentages off of that armor for leg, arm, and head mdc allocations.

Unfortunately I have not been given any cyborg armor. I am restricted to human armor.

Will try percentages though thanks.
rat_bastard
Kreelockian
Comment: Maybe if my sig line is clever enough someone will finally love me.

Unread post by rat_bastard »

Titan plate should be fine.
"If a child shows a particular abundance of pity for fools or an overwhelming disdain for jibber jabber he is plucked from his family and raised by monks in the T-emple."
Mad Cow Milk
Dungeon Crawler

rat_bastard wrote:Titan plate should be fine.

Am I strong enough with a robotic PS of 28?
rat_bastard
Kreelockian
Comment: Maybe if my sig line is clever enough someone will finally love me.

Unread post by rat_bastard »

Mad Cow Milk wrote:
rat_bastard wrote:Titan plate should be fine.

Am I strong enough with a robotic PS of 28?

Full environmental titan plate weighs 280 lbs, a guy with a robotic PS should be able to handle that easily.
"If a child shows a particular abundance of pity for fools or an overwhelming disdain for jibber jabber he is plucked from his family and raised by monks in the T-emple."

Return to “Rifts®”