Archie VS the Vampire Kingdoms... Who wins, Who loses?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Archie vs VAmpire Kingdoms Who wins, Who loses?

Archie Wins.
61%
The Vampires Win.
11%
Archie Loses.
3%
The Vampires Lose.
6%
Splynncryth defeats them all.
19%

Total votes: 36

keir451
Champion
Comment: We came, We saw, We kicked it's butt!!-P. Venkman
My real physics defeats your quasi physics!!!

Archie VS the Vampire Kingdoms... Who wins, Who loses?

Unread post by keir451 »

The concept of Archie getting involved with the Vampires in Mexico intrigues me. Since all his troops are immune to the effects of the Vampires and can easily hunt vamps 24/7/365. I think it could get nasty and we could wind up with Archie truly being the savior of humanity. What do YOU think? (I voted for Archie :P .)
My real world Physics defeats your Quasi-Physics!!!
Bubblegum Crisis, best anime/sci-fi/ for totally hot babes in Power Armor.!!!!
Magic. Completely screws logic at every opportunity. (credit due to Ilendaver)
Supergyro
Dungeon Crawler

Re: Archie VS the Vampire Kingdoms... Who wins, Who loses?

Unread post by Supergyro »

Rifter 53 had an article which covered some of this.

Ever looked at the rules when a robot picks up a wooden stake and starts pounding vampires into paste? Robot vampire hunters would be a very big problem for the Vampire Kingdoms.
"The key is your mind, control and master it. Doing that will not only master your body, but also enable you to shape the world around you to your every desire."

---Said by a Psyscape teacher to a class of Psi Warriors
---Said by a Mindwerks technician, before he drills the hole in your skull
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin
Comment: Full of Love and C-4, give me a hug.

Unread post by Mech-Viper Prime »

well archie does have shemarrians learning vampire hunting from reid's rangers.

on a side note
the Fate of humanity comes to vampires vs deathbots with water guns, somehow that just sound silly but then again this is rifts
Ravenwing wrote:"Killing Dbee's isn't murder, they aren't human, it's pest control!"

Zardoz wrote:You have been raised up from Brutality, to kill the Brutals who multiply, and are legion. To this end, Zardoz your God gave you the gift of the Gun. The Gun is good!
Dr Megaverse
Adventurer

Unread post by Dr Megaverse »

Methinks it's gonna be a bad day for the Vamps...
Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

keir451 wrote:The concept of Archie getting involved with the Vampires in Mexico intrigues me. Since all his troops are immune to the effects of the Vampires and can easily hunt vamps 24/7/365. I think it could get nasty and we could wind up with Archie truly being the savior of humanity. What do YOU think? (I voted for Archie :P .)

If Archie coated all his bots he is sending to fight vampires in Silver ..

That would make for a bad day .. for any Vampire legion .. ;)
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

just think i archie tried to see which light source in the light spectrum actually harms vampires and made laser weapons with that spectrum in it, it would a surprise for the vampires
Ravenwing wrote:"Killing Dbee's isn't murder, they aren't human, it's pest control!"

Zardoz wrote:You have been raised up from Brutality, to kill the Brutals who multiply, and are legion. To this end, Zardoz your God gave you the gift of the Gun. The Gun is good!
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

frogboy wrote:
DRock wrote:I think that if the Vampires made a concentrated effort on Archie... he would lose BIG TIME. There's not enough Shemarrians to take on the Mexican Kingdoms. Why? It's a numbers game. The Vampire Kingdom has them. Archie doesn't.

But if the Vampires don't... I think Archie would, like with the Mechanoids, become an effective wildcard that could bring the Vampire Kingdom's downfall.

I dont know. The vamps would have to make it there to Archie to execute there plan. They only need to get one vampire close to Archie with a bomb. But, the vampires would be discovered because they would be feeding on all the humanoids in the area. The CS, FQ Federation of magic, Lazlo and Psyscape wouldn't just sit there. Now that I think about it, it could be a conflict that sets all of North America on fire. Would be a fun game to be the group caught in the middle of the fight.

alot of distance and archie could always let any secrets he found out tech wise fall into everybody's hands and drop shipments of anti-vampire gear to anybody and everybody

keir451
Champion

Unread post by keir451 »

frogboy wrote:
Mech-Viper Prime wrote:
frogboy wrote:
DRock wrote:I think that if the Vampires made a concentrated effort on Archie... he would lose BIG TIME. There's not enough Shemarrians to take on the Mexican Kingdoms. Why? It's a numbers game. The Vampire Kingdom has them. Archie doesn't.

But if the Vampires don't... I think Archie would, like with the Mechanoids, become an effective wildcard that could bring the Vampire Kingdom's downfall.

I dont know. The vamps would have to make it there to Archie to execute there plan. They only need to get one vampire close to Archie with a bomb. But, the vampires would be discovered because they would be feeding on all the humanoids in the area. The CS, FQ Federation of magic, Lazlo and Psyscape wouldn't just sit there. Now that I think about it, it could be a conflict that sets all of North America on fire. Would be a fun game to be the group caught in the middle of the fight.

alot of distance and archie could always let any secrets he found out tech wise fall into everybody's hands and drop shipments of anti-vampire gear to anybody and everybody

Yup, but then Archie is out and on the world scene and weak from his war with the Vamps. The CS, FQ and Lazlo are weak from there wars with the Xiticx and each other. How would it shake down from there ? Any on think that anyone from the F.O.M. would join the Vamps ? Or would North America be invaded by Splyncrith since all the big boys are worn out?

How is the CS "weak" from it's war w/ the Xiticix, all they have to do is flatten the place w/a series of Earthquake bombs? Lazlo doesn't seem much better off than Tolkeen and FQ and the rest of the CS have patched their differences.
Nether
Adventurer

Unread post by Nether »

Archie beats vamps hands down.

Robots work 24;7
Vamps only function half of a day, and are vulnerable during day
Robots don~t eat
Archie makes sure there is no living being~s around his sensitive areas for a large radius and vamps would have nothing to feed on.
Vamps have to spend time to feed.
Vamps need living beings to replenish losses, Archie just keeps pumping out bots 24;7

Just to many things against the vamps to fight archie and archie can also just tactically subjugate the vamps strengths.

But my true answer is Splynn would conqueor all here.

He has insane amount of forces, and very tough forces that he can throw into it which i don~t think Archie or Vamps could compete with. Also splynn has to many options at his disposal with powers ext that can get close to either opponents powerbase.
keir451
Champion

Unread post by keir451 »

@frogboy; About a year or two ago I went thru the SoT books to sort out how many CS troops had actually died at Tolkeen. The number was approx. 150,000 out of nearly 2 million total. The losses were mostly Skelebots and Dog Boys, so the CS came out OK after Tolkeen, during that fight they patched their differences w/Free Quebec and even FQ didn't have that many losses.
keir451
Champion

Unread post by keir451 »

frogboy wrote:
keir451 wrote:@frogboy; About a year or two ago I went thru the SoT books to sort out how many CS troops had actually died at Tolkeen. The number was approx. 150,000 out of nearly 2 million total. The losses were mostly Skelebots and Dog Boys, so the CS came out OK after Tolkeen, during that fight they patched their differences w/Free Quebec and even FQ didn't have that many losses.

Ack! say no more. I am waiting on those books and want to be surprised. Never thought of the skelibots or borgs and juicers for that matter, Good point. Or the fact that the NGR owes the CS one for helping them, so the CS actually is sitting pretty good. I still think it would boil over into a slugfest between all the major powers in North America. Even those liberal hippie petiole stinkers would jump to in I bet.

Here's the link to the "old" post http://forums.palladium-megaverse.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=111554.
cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Unread post by cornholioprime »

Is this Poll for real??

ARCHIE can't even take out the Coalition except by the most extravagant use of Author Handwavium.

And the Vampire Kingdoms, collectively, are a threat that not even the Splugorth can easily defeat.

Again.......is this Poll for real??

Why not ask if New Lazlo can defeat the Mechanoids while you're at it??

:D
The Kevinomicon, Book of Siembieda 3:16.

16 Blessed art Thou above all others, O COALITION STATES, beloved of Kevin;

17 For Thou art allowed to do Evil without Limit, nor do thy Enemies retaliate.

18 Thy Military be run by Fools and Dotards.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
keir451
Champion

Unread post by keir451 »

cornholioprime wrote:Is this Poll for real??

ARCHIE can't even take out the Coalition except by the most extravagant use of Author Handwavium.

And the Vampire Kingdoms, collectively, are a threat that not even the Splugorth can easily defeat.

Eh, it's just a random thought. Odf coures there are those who thik Archie has the...robot power... to pull it off. :D
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Archie wins, even if he had to build new satellite factories in the New West to crank out Vamp Killers closer to the front.
And if he figures out all the details of vampires(including shape-shift and mist-form) he can tale proper precautions against them infiltrating his facilities.
It would get INTENSE when he starts invading their territory where they can't retreat further without abandoning their slave-blood supply.
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

cornholioprime wrote:Is this Poll for real??

we all know you are a twilight fanboy :lol: plus i like the idea of vampires vs deathbots with water guns and flashlight

Supergyro
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Supergyro »

Given the game mechanics, Vampire vs silver plated (or wooden stick wielding) robot, 1 on 1, the robot wins (the vampire goes down in four hits or is turned into instant confetti in one hit depending on how you interpret the terms 'strength bonus' and 'double damage'. Neither the main book, Sourcebook 1, nor Vampire kingdoms is much help in the interpretation of these terms.). This was obviously not intentional in the game design, the anti-vampire killing power of robots is an accident.

Then it becomes a very boring question of whether Archie has *enough* robots, or if there are *enough* vampires. Frankly, that question has no answer. The writers are vague as to how many robots or vampires either party has, *as* *they* *should* *be*.

After all, this is an RPG setting, Archie vs Vampires is only applicable if there are PC's involved, and both Archie and The Vamp's primary purpose is to act as antagonists for PC's, and definitive numbers hinder rather than help their ability to do that.
"The key is your mind, control and master it. Doing that will not only master your body, but also enable you to shape the world around you to your every desire."

---Said by a Psyscape teacher to a class of Psi Warriors
---Said by a Mindwerks technician, before he drills the hole in your skull
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

i think the biggest problem archie would have would be the Vampire Intelligence but once he beaten the guarding force back and roll robots packed with fusion blocks or a nuke, that would send shock waves thru Mexico, and scare the hell out of the others V.I.

Dustin Fireblade
Knight

Unread post by Dustin Fireblade »

keir451 wrote:@frogboy; About a year or two ago I went thru the SoT books to sort out how many CS troops had actually died at Tolkeen. The number was approx. 150,000 out of nearly 2 million total. The losses were mostly Skelebots and Dog Boys, so the CS came out OK after Tolkeen, during that fight they patched their differences w/Free Quebec and even FQ didn't have that many losses.

Aftermath pg 138 gives the totals.
Dog_O_War
Champion
Comment: I'ma fight you, Steve!

Unread post by Dog_O_War »

This isn't even a scenario.

The vampire kingdoms aren't even aware of Archie; meanwhile Archie is aware of everyone.

He (Archie) has so many tactical options while the vampires have so few.

If it's a numbers game, Archie simply increases his numbers.
Archie can starve out the vampires to the point that they would require off-world food sources.
Archie can fight regardless of the time-frame; vampires are literally toast during daylight hours.
Archie has the technological edge; vampires have no edge via psionics because psionics generally don't work on robots.
Archie has speed and mobility thanks to technology; the vamps don't even know who or where to attack.

I cannot fathom a tactical scenario where the vampires here have any hope; they simply have too many weaknesses and no intel. Numbers aren't even in their favor thanks to the ability of being able to simply make more robots.
Thread Bandit
I didn't say "rooster"
My masters were full of cheesecake
The answer to all your "not realistic!" questions. FIREBALL!
I am a King.
I am a Renegade.
I am a Barbarian.
I cry the howl of chaos.
I am the dogs of war.
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

Nether wrote:Archie beats vamps hands down.

Robots work 24;7
Vamps only function half of a day, and are vulnerable during day
Robots don~t eat
Archie makes sure there is no living being~s around his sensitive areas for a large radius and vamps would have nothing to feed on.
Vamps have to spend time to feed.
Vamps need living beings to replenish losses, Archie just keeps pumping out bots 24;7

Just to many things against the vamps to fight archie and archie can also just tactically subjugate the vamps strengths.

But my true answer is Splynn would conqueor all here.

He has insane amount of forces, and very tough forces that he can throw into it which i don~t think Archie or Vamps could compete with. Also splynn has to many options at his disposal with powers ext that can get close to either opponents powerbase.

to be honest archie could raise alot of hell in atlantis and no one would be the wiser as well as take it to the vampires and even get Splynn to think the mechiniods are operating around gulf of mexico, which will get some of his minions in a uproar.

SkyeFyre
Hero

Unread post by SkyeFyre »

Thank you Dog_O_War. Just what I was thinking.

Nobody knows about Archie. Knowing him, he'd be his usual paranoid self, create a completely new design of 'bot made just for killing vamps. The look would be different, and it would be designed with killing vamps effectively in mind. Remember, he never does anything without doing his research.

In addition to him basically being invisible, and his bots leaving no trail back to him (and in addition to the points already made) Archie might not even need the numbers. If he wanted he could employ just one big hit and run campaign. Think about this. He just sends in about a thousand. That thousand actually waits for daylight, marches in, kills all the vamps in their sleep, find a decent place to hide and bury themselves. Maybe leaving a few to watch. If they missed any, they'd be all ticked off and could be picked off either at night, or the 'bots could wait until morning. For that matter, considering that even Archie's oldest 'bots run at least twice as fast as the vamps can fly, they could all just stay out in the open and run away without even being hit.

The only problem I could see would be maybe taking on the intelligence.

The 'bots are superior to the vamps in every way. Even if they don't have the numbers, they are effective around the clock, allowing them to slaughter during the day and get to a very safe distance before the vamps can even strike back.
"If your party is doing anything but running like hell trying not to get vaporized, the GM is not running the Mechanoids correctly." -Geronimo 2.0
"Coming Summer 1994... Mechanoid Space!"
75 GM Geek Points
Rallan
Champion

Unread post by Rallan »

frogboy wrote:
Supergyro wrote:Rifter 53 had an article which covered some of this.

Ever looked at the rules when a robot picks up a wooden stake and starts pounding vampires into paste? Robot vampire hunters would be a very big problem for the Vampire Kingdoms.

Yep, and (in my opinion) Archie would be able to crank out robots faster then vamps could replace there numbers, many of the powers vamps use to subdue there victims would be useless or degraded against robots, and robots can go 24/7 with out rest. They could bust into a vamps lair during day time after a 700 mile forced march, and force the vamps to fight under there day time penalty.

I don't think he could. He's got one factory, and a sizable chunk of his resources are taken up in security for his evil secret lair. If he could make robot soldiers fast enough to overrun the Vampire Kingdoms he'd be a major regional power rather than a supervillain in hiding who's trying to find something that'll give him a gamechanging edge. Meanwhile the vampires have the resources of several entire citystates at their disposal, and if they were in a state of total war they could march out into the wilds of Mexico and turn hundreds or even thousands of peasants into vampires every week.
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

Rallan wrote:
frogboy wrote:

Yep, and (in my opinion) Archie would be able to crank out robots faster then vamps could replace there numbers, many of the powers vamps use to subdue there victims would be useless or degraded against robots, and robots can go 24/7 with out rest. They could bust into a vamps lair during day time after a 700 mile forced march, and force the vamps to fight under there day time penalty.

I don't think he could. He's got one factory, and a sizable chunk of his resources are taken up in security for his evil secret lair. If he could make robot soldiers fast enough to overrun the Vampire Kingdoms he'd be a major regional power rather than a supervillain in hiding who's trying to find something that'll give him a gamechanging edge. Meanwhile the vampires have the resources of several entire citystates at their disposal, and if they were in a state of total war they could march out into the wilds of Mexico and turn hundreds or even thousands of peasants into vampires every week.

well that is all find and good , the vamps mass an army to fight who?? Odds are archie would have the vamps chasing shadows.

Kovoston
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by Kovoston »

Mech-Viper Prime wrote:well archie does have shemarrians learning vampire hunting from reid's rangers.

on a side note
the Fate of humanity comes to vampires vs deathbots with water guns, somehow that just sound silly but then again this is rifts

I think that they are going to slightly change the "water" rules in the upcoming books....
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

Kovoston wrote:
Mech-Viper Prime wrote:well archie does have shemarrians learning vampire hunting from reid's rangers.

on a side note

I think that they are going to slightly change the "water" rules in the upcoming books....

they really need to stop changing the monsters, leave them as is

cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Unread post by cornholioprime »

Mech-Viper Prime wrote:well that is all find and good , the vamps mass an army to fight who?? Odds are archie would have the vamps chasing shadows.
That ARCHIE is still invisible to all the rest of the world except the Republicans is just more Author Handwavium.

Expecting him to STAY hidden in a battle-to-the-death showdown against the Vampire Kingdoms is even more wishful thinking.

BTW: I'm pretty sure that ARCHIE currently only has "thousands" of robots at his disposal (many of them guarding his secret complex), and in terms of what an AI should be able to do, over three hundred years that actually makes him a piss-poor Manufacturer Of Enemy Troops.

Whereas the Vampire Legions of South America have hundreds of thousands of vampires and potentially TENS OF MILLIONS of mind slaves who can take the fight to his legions by day and/or guard the vamps' lairs (which not even Reid's Rangers know the locations of, just the vampires' major cities).
The Kevinomicon, Book of Siembieda 3:16.

16 Blessed art Thou above all others, O COALITION STATES, beloved of Kevin;

17 For Thou art allowed to do Evil without Limit, nor do thy Enemies retaliate.

18 Thy Military be run by Fools and Dotards.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

cornholioprime wrote:
Mech-Viper Prime wrote:well that is all find and good , the vamps mass an army to fight who?? Odds are archie would have the vamps chasing shadows.
That ARCHIE is still invisible to all the rest of the world except the Republicans is just more Author Handwavium.

Expecting him to STAY hidden in a battle-to-the-death showdown against the Vampire Kingdoms is even more wishful thinking.

BTW: I'm pretty sure that ARCHIE currently only has "thousands" of robots at his disposal (many of them guarding his secret complex), and in terms of what an AI should be able to do, over three hundred years that actually makes him a ****-poor Manufacturer Of Enemy Troops.

Whereas the Vampire Legions of South America have hundreds of thousands of vampires and potentially TENS OF MILLIONS of mind slaves who can take the fight to his legions by day and/or guard the vamps' lairs (which not even Reid's Rangers know the locations of, just the vampires' major cities).

well its puts him in good company, how I said in the past about the forces that survive the coming of the rifts and let the coalition take over their former homeland and still fly the flag and call themselves "americans".

But Archie could with a few hundred robot cause all types of trouble for the vampires

Rallan
Champion

Unread post by Rallan »

Mech-Viper Prime wrote:
Rallan wrote:
frogboy wrote:

well that is all find and good , the vamps mass an army to fight who?? Odds are archie would have the vamps chasing shadows.

Well for starters, to fight the ARMY OF GODDAMN ROBOTS that would presumably be trying to kick vampire ass in this Archie vs Vampires scenario.

Although if we're going to play the "How will they find him?" game, we may want to ask the same question about how the hell Archie could know about the vampire kingdoms. Realistically they should be common knowledge in the setting, but in canon they're one of America's best kept secrets and little more than an urban myth.
Rallan
Champion

Unread post by Rallan »

Mech-Viper Prime wrote:
Kovoston wrote:

on a side note

If it's broke, fix it. The rules for vampires are broke, and I doubt many people would be upset if they were retconned into something a bit less silly.
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

keir451 wrote:The concept of Archie getting involved with the Vampires in Mexico intrigues me. Since all his troops are immune to the effects of the Vampires and can easily hunt vamps 24/7/365. I think it could get nasty and we could wind up with Archie truly being the savior of humanity. What do YOU think? (I voted for Archie :P .)

Not only that, and I haven't read any of the other posts... as normal, but if the vamps wanted to avoid too much damage they could go dormant at night and the vampires can't even sense them.
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Rallan wrote:
Mech-Viper Prime wrote:
Kovoston wrote:

on a side note

If it's broke, fix it. The rules for vampires are broke, and I doubt many people would be upset if they were retconned into something a bit less silly.

Maybe they'll just turn them into PFRPG 1st ed. Vampires like the Gersidi (sp?). You know... real cursed vampires instead of AI puppet vampires. But that would be so much less Riftsey.
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

Rallan wrote:
Mech-Viper Prime wrote:
Kovoston wrote:

on a side note

running water has always been part of the vampire myths , but hey they could always go the twilight route.

Giant2005
Knight

Unread post by Giant2005 »

Mech-Viper Prime wrote:
Rallan wrote:
frogboy wrote:

Aside from the Republicans, that Vamps are about the only power block that has a reasonable chance of knowing about Archie including his location.
Considering how small the population of humans are in America and how many Vamps there are, the odds have it that at least one of their victims was a Republican and knows all about Archie.
It only takes the one.
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

Giant2005 wrote:
Mech-Viper Prime wrote:
Rallan wrote:
frogboy wrote:

Aside from the Republicans, that Vamps are about the only power block that has a reasonable chance of knowing about Archie including his location.
Considering how small the population of humans are in America and how many Vamps there are, the odds have it that at least one of their victims was a Republican and knows all about Archie.
It only takes the one.

true it only takes one

Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

Rallan wrote:
Mech-Viper Prime wrote:
Kovoston wrote:

on a side note

no what is silly is this
2. Would a Thermonuclear bomb kill a vampire? I was wondering since sunlight kills them would not a nuclear explosion also kill them.
Answer: Sunlight harms vampires due to a supernatural effect, NOT the scientific effect of a thermonuclear reaction. Thus, sunlight will destroy a vampire where a non-supernatural thermonuclear reaction will not.

:badbad: W-T-F? :badbad:

Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

I wonder if archie would use nanobots to attack vampires.

gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

Archie wanted to keep himself undiscover,he may make new Anti-Vampire weapons and sell them under Titans,s name.
Dr Megaverse
Adventurer

If we are talking about a full scale war against the Vampire Kingdoms then the odds favor the Vampires. If we are talking about removing the Vampire leadership and allowing their city states to self destruct under internal pressure, slave rebellions, etc then I feel ARCHIE has the advantage.

I believe in Merc Ops it explains ARCHIEs production benefits and one of them is he simply requires large amounts of minerals to produce bots in his automated facility. If there is one thing Rifts Earth has it's LOTS of unclaimed mineral resources. With that in mind it's not a huge stretch for ARCHIE to produce literally tens of thousands of bots. Add in the fact that he could have a thousand bots high altitude dropped into the deserts of say southern NM and build a satellite facility to produce said bots without the notice he would attract in the domain of man and he has a good possibility of actually delivering quite a punch to the VAmpire Kingdoms.

He need not outright destroy every vampire either. Using submarines, which one of the most technologically advanced navy's in the world can't track, he could deliver commando forces deep inside Mexico and increase the chance of again delivering quite a blow to the VIs, especially because bots don't show up on the Vampires radar (metaphorically speaking). Air drops into cities would also allow commando forces good chances of hitting VIs. With the VI gone their effectiveness is hampered and no doubt many unwilling slaves would see an opportunity.

With all this in mind, it's going to take tens of thousands of bots per VI and it's going to have high casualty rates. If ARCHIE tries to sweep all the Vampires in a traditional campaign, he's going to lose. With surgical strikes on leadership, supplies, weapon stocks, and een slave stock he's going to win.
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Dr Megaverse wrote:If we are talking about a full scale war against the Vampire Kingdoms then the odds favor the Vampires. If we are talking about removing the Vampire leadership and allowing their city states to self destruct under internal pressure, slave rebellions, etc then I feel ARCHIE has the advantage.

I believe in Merc Ops it explains ARCHIEs production benefits and one of them is he simply requires large amounts of minerals to produce bots in his automated facility. If there is one thing Rifts Earth has it's LOTS of unclaimed mineral resources. With that in mind it's not a huge stretch for ARCHIE to produce literally tens of thousands of bots. Add in the fact that he could have a thousand bots high altitude dropped into the deserts of say southern NM and build a satellite facility to produce said bots without the notice he would attract in the domain of man and he has a good possibility of actually delivering quite a punch to the VAmpire Kingdoms.

He need not outright destroy every vampire either. Using submarines, which one of the most technologically advanced navy's in the world can't track, he could deliver commando forces deep inside Mexico and increase the chance of again delivering quite a blow to the VIs, especially because bots don't show up on the Vampires radar (metaphorically speaking). Air drops into cities would also allow commando forces good chances of hitting VIs. With the VI gone their effectiveness is hampered and no doubt many unwilling slaves would see an opportunity.

With all this in mind, it's going to take tens of thousands of bots per VI and it's going to have high casualty rates. If ARCHIE tries to sweep all the Vampires in a traditional campaign, he's going to lose. With surgical strikes on leadership, supplies, weapon stocks, and een slave stock he's going to win.

Not if they're:
A) auto repair (e.g. 40K Necrons)
B) complex robots made entirely of nanites (e.g. Terminator T-1000)
and of course they'd have to be coated in silver and covered in crosses, maybe parts of the body often looking like crosses.
C)
Rallan
Champion

Unread post by Rallan »

Mech-Viper Prime wrote:
Rallan wrote:
Mech-Viper Prime wrote:
Kovoston wrote:

on a side note

running water has always been part of the vampire myths , but hey they could always go the twilight route.

Being immune to a thermonuclear bomb but running in terror from a weatherman predicting light rain or a kid with a water pistol has never been part of vampire myths.
Giant2005
Knight

Dr Megaverse wrote:If we are talking about a full scale war against the Vampire Kingdoms then the odds favor the Vampires. If we are talking about removing the Vampire leadership and allowing their city states to self destruct under internal pressure, slave rebellions, etc then I feel ARCHIE has the advantage.

The thing is, Archie is completely incapable of doing this. He might be able to make a crapload of bots if he can mine the minerals discretely enough (which in itself is pretty far in the "maybe" category) but what you described is strategy far more advanced than what Archie is capable of.
Even if he did know about the Vampire Intelligences which is something that would fit into the "almost certainly not" category, he wouldn't know how to implement that strategy.
Dr Megaverse
Adventurer

Actually running water IS part of the traditional Vampire Mythos.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vampire

Under Folk Beliefs, Protection.
Dr Megaverse
Adventurer

Giant2005 wrote:

The thing is, Archie is completely incapable of doing this. He might be able to make a crapload of bots if he can mine the minerals discretely enough (which in itself is pretty far in the "maybe" category) but what you described is strategy far more advanced than what Archie is capable of.
Even if he did know about the Vampire Intelligences which is something that would fit into the "almost certainly not" category, he wouldn't know how to implement that strategy.

Can I ask WHY he isn't capable? As far as I know everything I listed is within his capabilities as described in cannon sources. ARCHIE can make Mechanoid Wasps which can be his air transport, as listed in SB 2, and I'm sure he's figured out the parachute. He can make the submarine I mentioned, Merc Town. Any of the bots from SB1 would be appropriate for this kind of commando attack....
Last edited by Dr Megaverse on Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Giant2005
Knight

Dr Megaverse wrote:
Giant2005 wrote:

Can I ask WHY he isn't capable? As far as I know everything I listed is within his capabilities as described in cannon sources. ARCHIE can make Mechanoid Wasps which can be his air transport, as listed in SB 2. He can make the submarine I mentioned, Merc Town. Any of the bots from SB1 would be appropriate for this kind of commando attack....

He can make all of the above sure but he can't come up with that strategy. Not unless you showed up and replaced Hagan.
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

Rallan wrote:
Being immune to a thermonuclear bomb but running in terror from a weatherman predicting light rain or a kid with a water pistol has never been part of vampire myths.

the running water part has always been part of the myth

Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

Giant2005 wrote:
Dr Megaverse wrote:
Giant2005 wrote:

Can I ask WHY he isn't capable? As far as I know everything I listed is within his capabilities as described in cannon sources. ARCHIE can make Mechanoid Wasps which can be his air transport, as listed in SB 2. He can make the submarine I mentioned, Merc Town. Any of the bots from SB1 would be appropriate for this kind of commando attack....

He can make all of the above sure but he can't come up with that strategy. Not unless you showed up and replaced Hagan.

he has resources on the ground in mexico doing just that

rat_bastard
Kreelockian
Comment: Maybe if my sig line is clever enough someone will finally love me.

Unread post by rat_bastard »

A Ak-47 loaded with wooden or silver rounds does 2d6x10 hit points of damage per three round burst, that is pretty much the least Archie can do to vampires. The only thing a vampire can do to a robot is supernatural punch damage.

Archie would make a stegosaurus brain AI to coordinate robots in the southwest and ruin the vampire kingdoms.
"If a child shows a particular abundance of pity for fools or an overwhelming disdain for jibber jabber he is plucked from his family and raised by monks in the T-emple."
rat_bastard
Kreelockian
Comment: Maybe if my sig line is clever enough someone will finally love me.

Unread post by rat_bastard »

Giant2005 wrote:

In addition to pretty much being able to strip mine the Shemarian territories he has access to all of the materials Titan robotics mines and purchases. Archie's manufacturing capabilities are pretty much superior or equal to the entire coalition states.

Everything Doc Verse mentioned is a very accurate description of Archie's capabilities. Archie's main problem is his inability to comprehend the vampire's magical powers and make the connection between the vampires and vampire intelligences.
"If a child shows a particular abundance of pity for fools or an overwhelming disdain for jibber jabber he is plucked from his family and raised by monks in the T-emple."
Dr Megaverse
Adventurer

Giant2005 wrote:
Dr Megaverse wrote:
Giant2005 wrote:

Couldn't you argue that because I can think it up, Hagan could also? I understand that ARCHIE is limited in his information on Vampires but Intelligence gathering is kind of his thing...
SkyeFyre
Hero

Unread post by SkyeFyre »

Just to clarify one thing. Archie cannot make Mechanoid Wasps. Wasps are true Mechanoids. Archie can only make their robots, such as the Thinman, the runt, and the assault pod (I'm pretty sure it's a 'bot)
"If your party is doing anything but running like hell trying not to get vaporized, the GM is not running the Mechanoids correctly." -Geronimo 2.0
"Coming Summer 1994... Mechanoid Space!"
75 GM Geek Points

Return to “Rifts®”