magic and radiation

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

cl7277
Wanderer

magic and radiation

Unread post by cl7277 »

As a mage is there any spell that would help get the mage through an area that has high levels of radiation? And are there any spell that would help cure radiation sickness?
Shark_Force
Palladin

Re: magic and radiation

Unread post by Shark_Force »

impervious to energy may work. invulnerability almost definitely should. purge self/other should remove any radioactive materials in the body, and appropriate healing spells may recover the damage (restoration definitely should do the trick, but is both rare and expensive).

not sure what else, but there's a phase world book dealing with space magic iirc.
360DS
Megaversal® Ambassador
Location: Just beyond the horizon. You'll catch up eventually.

Unread post by 360DS »

I'm curious if your magic would be inhibited slightly or totally in a high-radiation area. As you may remember the Triax U-round is made of non-depleted uranium, which is radioactive, but not as radioactive as fuel rods or weapons grade uranium. The U-round prevents a magic being from regenerating or healing until the round is removed. I wonder if the radiation is what Palladium Books® intended to be a magic inhibitor?
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

360DS wrote:I'm curious if your magic would be inhibited slightly or totally in a high-radiation area. As you may remember the Triax U-round is made of non-depleted uranium, which is radioactive, but not as radioactive as fuel rods or weapons grade uranium. The U-round prevents a magic being from regenerating or healing until the round is removed. I wonder if the radiation is what Palladium Books® intended to be a magic inhibitor?

It is not. It interfears with regeneration only, and only on certain creatures.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon

Return to “Rifts®”