Soooo....what happens after Shadow Chronicles?

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Chris0013
Hero

Soooo....what happens after Shadow Chronicles?

Unread post by Chris0013 »

Talking UEEF's broad plan....

1. Find SDF-3 and Protoculture Matrix....as well as slap the snot out of the idiot with the bright idea to take the only source of fuel on the flagship of an invasion fleet.

2. Refit all mecha / ships that have shadow tech to not have shadow tech

3. Gear up for war with Haydonites

These are all givens.....but what about plans for Earth.

Most likely the people on Earth are not going to want the UEEF coming in and trying to unify them....considering everything that people went thru under the previous UEGs....

However I do believe that the UEEF will try to do something....(That's what a government's for....to get in a man's way). What will be their plan....
I know it is a little extreme to advocate the death penalty for stupidity...but can't we just remove all the warning labels and let nature take it's course???
Tyranneix
Explorer

Re: Soooo....what happens after Shadow Chronicles?

Unread post by Tyranneix »

I want to say everyone lives happily ever after, but alas this is Robotech.. someone will try to exterminate the human race again.
30+ year GM for the Palladium System; Robotech, RIFTS, Palladium Fantasy and other Palladium Books madness...
Nicknamed T-Bomb by Lord Z
501st Legion Member, Sandtrooper TD8732, Florida Garrison, Squad 7
Tiree
Champion
Comment: Token Right Wing Fascist Totalitarian
"Never hit a man while he's down. Kick them, it's easier" - The Hunt

Unread post by Tiree »

I believe the war with the Haydonites will not be on Earth or anywhere near it. Thus giving Tommy Yune (or whoever decides to write the story) full ability to take control of every aspect of the environment. Since the Haydonites really want to make sure the SDF-3 is nowhere near the rest of the UEEF - the stories will probably revolve around that. And only the last 3 to 5 episodes (half hour ie 20 min) will have the UEEF make significant advances and improvement. Probably with a friendship with the Invid, and a mixture of their technology.
Colonel Wolfe
Knight
Comment: Poster's making baseless accusations of illegal actions go on the Foe list...

Unread post by Colonel Wolfe »

The new-Earth government's Trail of Rick Hunter, for Ordering the Neutron-S Missiles to commit 300+ Million counts of Premeditated Murder.
Give another Gamer a hand up with his education.
"By no means am I an expert on Southern Cross (I cordially detest the series)"-Seto
"Truth is determined by the evidence, not some nonexistent seniority system."-Seto
Colonel Wolfe
Knight
Comment: Poster's making baseless accusations of illegal actions go on the Foe list...

Robo-Leaks releases confidential/Classified information about the Lax security of the UEEF, and how the UEEF's galatic policy has greatly been influenced by non-humans, Leading to Several trails and tribunals over the level of infiltration by Enemy forces.
Files on Rick Hunter's ordered use of the Neutron-S Missiles leads to a call for his Trial.
"By no means am I an expert on Southern Cross (I cordially detest the series)"-Seto
"Truth is determined by the evidence, not some nonexistent seniority system."-Seto
Colonel Wolfe
Knight

The Fact they tried to reclaim Janice, means that she has some data thats useful to humans.
she may have unknown even to her Data. or she may be waiitng until the proper time to betray the humans. again, someone in Command is Blindly Trusting an Alien. Funny that shes the only one who survived her ship? left by the Haydonites? did she kill the rest of the crew?
The Command staff in TSC was right to Distrust Scott bernard, hes a victim of A Stockholm complex, and he sided with the Enemy, after his group was contaminated by a spy. sadly they were convinced by a single act to trust him blindly again.

a Major theam of Post TSC plots should be the mistrust among the Crew.
Louie's infatuation wiht Janice M leads him to be a easy patsy/puppet for her Manipulations.
Scott's Contamination by the Invid and the Fact his Girlfriend was designed as an Invid Spy.

in the end, Maybe only Marcus Rush would have the common sense to see through the lies and manipulations.

Thou, We find out that haydonites are an off shoot of Tirolions, and Zor's brain it the Awareness.

as far as Secrets. Two can keep a secret is 1 is dead.
Earth would eventually form a new government. and eventually the events at SS. Liberty and the Detail behind the nuber of NS Missiles deployed on earth, and their power, would lead to calls into why the Haydonited were given such acess and allowed to manipulate the High Command, Giving people who were loyal to Edwards train of thought (The high-command/hunters were stupid to blindly trust aliens) the ability to call for Tribunals.
Lt Gargoyle
Champion
Comment: Well men if we're going to die, then let us die with honor.

Unread post by Lt Gargoyle »

i think the UEEF would set up a new UEG and slowly rebuild the earth. I doubt there would be trials of the military or of those suspected invid sympathizers. At least not on a legal stand. bandits would be hunted down as well as any futher AUL which is likely to pop its head up agian. I think the UEEF will use the Moon Base as it primary head quarters for the next decade.

Haydonite war will continue until one side wins, lucky this is robotech and the humans always seem to survive. Hopefully the Sentinels and Tirolians get write ups. I also imagine that the Invid will somehow get brought back into the fold and become allies with with earth.
Well men if we are destine to die, let us die with honor

If all of your wishes are granted then many of your dreams will be destroyed.

The final form of a person character lies in their own hands

Seto Kaiba
Knight
Comment: "My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie."

Unread post by Seto Kaiba »

Chris0013 wrote:Talking UEEF's broad plan....

There is actually something floating around the net that purports to be a leaked story treatment for the remainder of the 3-4 movie Shadow Chronicles "saga"... it's pretty terribad, so if you do find it, read at your own risk. It basically comes down to a resurrected Zor building a really big gun to stop the Haydonites from destroying Tirol, and teaching one Hayonite about human emotions. It doesn't really resolve much, except that they do have a war with the Haydonites, and they win due to contrivance.

Of course, we won't know whether that story treatment is entirely accurate until such time as they actually roll out the Shadow Rising movie and the 1-2 other movies planned for after that. 'tis a shame RTSR is on hold.
Macross2.net - Home of the Macross Mecha Manual

Zer0 Kay wrote:Damn you for anticipating my question. I've really got to unfoe you, your information is far more valuable than my sanity when dealing with your blunt callousness. :)
Seto Kaiba
Knight
Comment: "My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie."

josephddm wrote:Is something.

In the strictest sense... it isn't. Not yet, anyway. Shadow Rising is on hold, and there isn't any sign of that changing in the foreseeable future.

Zer0 Kay wrote:Damn you for anticipating my question. I've really got to unfoe you, your information is far more valuable than my sanity when dealing with your blunt callousness. :)
Colonel Wolfe
Knight

Seto Kaiba wrote:There is actually something floating around the net that purports to be a leaked story treatment for the remainder of the 3-4 movie Shadow Chronicles "saga"... it's pretty terribad, so if you do find it, read at your own risk.
IDk, I thought it was epic, and well planned out. it would be a Pleasure to see it animated and added to the wonderful Robotech: The shadow chronicles universe.... maybe between movies Ariel could get more **** jobs... and have some that stick out 2-3 feet by her death...
Rabid Southern Cross Fan
Champion

Unread post by Rabid Southern Cross Fan »

Chris0013 wrote:2. Refit all mecha / ships that have shadow tech to not have shadow tech

No, just find the mechanisms the Haydonites installed in the Shadow Cloaking Devices & Synchro-Cannons that allow them to override them. The Haydonites had been the ones that had helped the REF reverse-engineer (and presumably manufacture) the Shadow Cloaking Devices from General Edwards' schematics. The Synchro-Cannon predates the REF Civil War and (apparently) the Haydonites coming onto the scene as Scott Bernard (who was on Earth well before Prelude) knew precisely what a Synchro-Cannon was (and the fact that Sue Graham says it was The Robotech Research Group who developed it).

3. Gear up for war with Haydonites

Harder to do since they lost one of the Robotech Repair Factories (Space Station Liberty). My guess is they're down to at least 1 (since there is no proof of the capture of another, that is only the 1st Edition RPG where they got he one Robotech Master Zan was stashed away upon).
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Colonel Wolfe wrote:[. maybe between movies Ariel could get more **** jobs... and have some that stick out 2-3 feet by her death...

Those are Protoculture batteries, Wolfe. Teleporting takes a LOT of power...
You DON'T wanna know about the offensive capabilities*(remember the twin-boom design of the SDF-1, main Zentraedi warships, and the Garfish Synchro-Cannon?) :twisted: :fool:

*Actually that's Janice's next upgrade....

Okay, I'll stop now before I get beaten to death..
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Tiree
Champion

Unread post by Tiree »

RSCF according to the Art of TSC there are definitely other factory satellites. I'd say at least a half dozen.
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

Rabid Southern Cross Fan wrote:No, just find the mechanisms the Haydonites installed in the Shadow Cloaking Devices & Synchro-Cannons that allow them to override them. The Haydonites had been the ones that had helped the REF reverse-engineer (and presumably manufacture) the Shadow Cloaking Devices from General Edwards' schematics. The Synchro-Cannon predates the REF Civil War and (apparently) the Haydonites coming onto the scene as Scott Bernard (who was on Earth well before Prelude) knew precisely what a Synchro-Cannon was (and the fact that Sue Graham says it was The Robotech Research Group who developed it).

This presumes the Haydonites installed something in the Shadow Technology, and are not exploiting an aspect of the technology with their disruptor waves. Sort of a "do not [x]" warning label like on household cleaning supplies, batteries, etc.

IIRC the technology is said to be old (Regis in TSC, Vedit in PttSC), so the exploit may be unknown to the REF prior to the Haydonite betrayl. The Haydonites may have concealed the exploit for their own gains.
SailorCallie
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: I wanna nuke!

Unread post by SailorCallie »

Wait for Shadow Rising instead.
Nimul
Wanderer

Unread post by Nimul »

My understanding was that there was something inherently wrong with the actual Shadow Technology and that it was Haydonite tech that allowed them to override the UEEF ships/fighters equipped with them. But anyway, I presume that they would either be removing it or trying to find a means of making it work without the Haydonites just blasting them from a distance by overloading the tech. Presumably they would be gearing for war against the Haydonites and finding the SDF-3 also.

I am curiuos though whether there would be some unified effort from the Sentinels in fighting the Haydonites and whether there would be an scouting expedition to Haydon IV.
TELL KEV WE WANT NEW ROBOTECH BOOKS!

"Soon they will come to fear the name Khyron the Destroyer" - Khyron
"Everything is going as planned Masters" - Bioroid Terminator
"A terrible error has been made. We shall not be beaten!" - Regess
"Everything is going as the Awareness has forseen." - Haydonite
Seto Kaiba
Knight

ShadowLogan wrote:This presumes the Haydonites installed something in the Shadow Technology, and are not exploiting an aspect of the technology with their disruptor waves. Sort of a "do not [x]" warning label like on household cleaning supplies, batteries, etc.

This idea fits a lot better with the established dialogue and plot points thus far than the idea that the Haydonites deliberately inserted some kind of mechanism into all Expeditionary Force shadow technology that allows them to override it. After all, the Haydonites would know the weak points of things like the synchro cannon and shadow device better than anyone, since they developed those same technologies long before Edwards and his research group did.

Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

Tyranneix wrote:I want to say everyone lives happily ever after, but alas this is Robotech.. someone will try to exterminate the human race again.

Bah everyone does live happily ever after because the RT cycle is.
1. New Tech
2. New Enemies
3. Some of Enemies become friends/lovers
4. Against all odds humans either win or are somehow just left alone.
5. Prior enemies become allies in fight against new enemies.
6. Wash, rinse and repeat

(que lion king music)

From the day they arrived on our planet
And blasting, they step into the sun
There's more to be shot than can ever be shot
More to blow up than can ever be done

Some must eat FoL or be eaten
Some say live and let live
But all are agreed as they join the invasion
You should never take more shots than you give

In the circle of RT
It's the annihilation disk
It's the jet assisted leap
It's Minmei's song of hope :puke:
Till we find our place
On the path unwinding
In the circle, the circle of RT

Some of us fail to make the space fold
And some of us soar to the stars
And some of us sail through the myriad space
And some have to live with the scars

There's far too much to take in here
More aliens to find than can ever be found
But the sun rolling high through the sapphire sky
Keeps great and small on the endless round

In the circle of RT
It's the annihilation disk
It's the jet assisted leap
It's Minmei's song of hope :puke:
Till we find our place
On the path unwinding
In the circle, the circle of RT
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
kingdragon

Unread post by kingdragon »

How ling did it take you to come up with that?
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

kingdragon wrote:How ling did it take you to come up with that?

Not long, copy-paste, change some words on the fly. Look it over, laugh and then finally paste it into the reply box. :D Glad ya'll like it.

I think if I wasn't trying to prove a point that it is a cycle established in Macross and The Masters that I would have done "It's the Flower of Life" instead of changing "It's the Circle of Life" to "It's the Circle of RT..."
Last edited by Zer0 Kay on Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Dewitt667 wrote::? cann't stop :lol:

Thanks, I need that.

Thank you
Nimul
Wanderer

Unread post by Nimul »

One thing I would be curious about would be the people of Earth versus the people on Tirol. Wouldnt the Earth people and bands feel that the REF abandoned them to live on Tirol?

rtsurfer
Adventurer

Unread post by rtsurfer »

The Haydonites' Shadow Tech disruptor wave isn't really a new concept in Robotech. In "Viva Miriya", Breetai's flagship uses a photon particle tracking beam to lock and focus a series of neutron beams which apparently make up what he refers to as a neutron cannon. The targeted mecha and vessels visually appear as if they are self-destructing - perhaps their protoculture supplies *reacting* to the bombardment (becoming in essence reflex warheads/bombs). This weapon resulted in the near total annihilation of all enemy forces between themselves and the RFS. This isn't the only example of safeguards in Robotech either, there's the Zentreadi recall beam and the SDF-1's automated boobytrap.
"rtsurfer's two cent..." ;O)

Nimul
Wanderer

Unread post by Nimul »

Well, Prelude had Edwards saying that the missiles contained neutron star matter that could devastate anything in orbit of Optera when the REF fleet arrived. So, they already knew it was powerful and would wipe out the planet, its just they didn't know to what extent.

rtsurfer
Adventurer

They may have known for many years how powerful the neutron s were,

Exedore: Yesterday we finally spotted the Zentreadi automated Robotech Factory Satellite. Within the Satellite are being constructed space cruisers large enough to destroy the Earth with a single blast.

Colonel Wolfe
Knight

rtsurfer wrote:They may have known for many years how powerful the neutron s were,

Exedore: Yesterday we finally spotted the Zentreadi automated Robotech Factory Satellite. Within the Satellite are being constructed space cruisers large enough to destroy the Earth with a single blast.
+1 :ok:
This is an often over looked piece of information, one HG gladly ignores...
Sgt Anjay
Hero

Unread post by Sgt Anjay »

Zor Disciple wrote:
rtsurfer wrote:They may have known for many years how powerful the neutron s were,

I am not sure that really refers to NS missiles. Seems unlikely anyone would call the NS missile a cruiser.

More intriguing is "...the Zentreadi automated Robotech Factory Satellite". Not "a" satellite but "the" satellite.
Not all that interesting. "Finally spotted" shows they'd been looking for that particular Factory Satellite, so it would be "the". If they had come across it by accident, then it would be "a".
"Cuando amanece se van a inflictir, duros castigos y oscuros tormentos, a los que ni quieren ni dejan vivir" -'Posada de los Muertos'
rtsurfer
Adventurer

Zor Disciple wrote:

I am not sure that really refers to NS missiles. Seems unlikely anyone would call the NS missile a cruiser.

More intriguing is "...the Zentreadi automated Robotech Factory Satellite". Not "a" satellite but "the" satellite.

Personally, I think they were either constructing Masters' Cityships or the Neutron S Missiles. Maybe Exedore referring to them as space cruisers eliminates them as candidates being for the NS missiles, I just figured that either the REF/UEF changed the design from an actual vessel to a delivery system or the Zents considered the design more like a vessel than an missile. On the other hand, his description of the cruiser's weapon as a single blast does sound like the description of a warhead.
Weren't the NS missiles supposed to be refitted colonization vessels in PTTSC?

IINM in the Robotech tv series we only see/hear about the one ZA RFS, some people believe it was split up into smaller factories/stations like Liberty and the one in the Sent vid. I believe this was the case in the original RPG.

ESalter
Adventurer

Neutron-S

Unread post by ESalter »

rtsurfer wrote:
Zor Disciple wrote:

Personally, I think they were either constructing Masters' Cityships or the Neutron S Missiles. Maybe Exedore referring to them as space cruisers eliminates them as candidates being for the NS missiles, I just figured that either the REF/UEF changed the design from an actual vessel to a delivery system or the Zents considered the design more like a vessel than an missile. On the other hand, his description of the cruiser's weapon as a single blast does sound like the description of a warhead..

Since the Zentraedi didn't actually have any neutron-s missiles in possession, they might be a new weapon; perhaps one the Masters were developing, since the Zentraedi were presumably incapable of doing scientific research. If so, they might've been a secret, in which case Exedore didn't know the details of the system and was just working from rumor. Since the missiles don't actually show up until the end of the series, he might also have been wrong about where they were being built.

Conceivably related is the planetary bombardment in "First Contact"; the pause between the weapons fire and the explosions made me think of an explosive mechanism, as opposed to a direct energy transfer. I've wondered if they could be a (very small) neutron-s weapon from ancient Zentraedi history.
Nimul
Wanderer

Unread post by Nimul »

I never really thought of the Zentraedi space cruisers as being the same as the Neutron S Missiles personally. Its entirely possible perhaps the Masters were building their own version of a Neutron S Missile with space cruisers able to destroy a planet in a single blast rather than rely on the mysterious Shadow Technology.

Its interesting to note though that the Sentinel comics introduced something called an Invid Pursuer that had the power to crack the crust of planets as well all by its lonesome.

Colonel Wolfe
Knight

Zor Disciple wrote:
Sgt Anjay wrote:
Zor Disciple wrote:

Not all that interesting. "Finally spotted" shows they'd been looking for that particular Factory Satellite, so it would be "the". If they had come across it by accident, then it would be "a".

Suggest there is but one "Zentreadi automated Robotech Factory Satellite" if you ask me.
if the Cops said they "Finally found the Criminal they were looking for" would it imply that there is only one Criminal in the Universe?
Sgt Anjay
Hero

Zor Disciple wrote:
Sgt Anjay wrote:
Zor Disciple wrote:

Suggest there is but one "Zentreadi automated Robotech Factory Satellite" if you ask me.
Yes, your first post made that pretty obvious. But not only does that contradict both editions of the RPGs and Shadow Chronicles, as well as not make sense in light of any version of the history of the Tirolians and their Zentraedi, but as I pointed out the grammar of that sentence doesn't imply its the only one. For example, if I say "Yesterday we finally spotted the car", that doesn't mean only one car exists. If I say "Yesterday we finally spotted the ship", that doesn't mean only one ship exists. If I say "Yesterday we finally spotted the factory", well, I think the point's been made. The sentence is worthless as evidence of anything except that they'd already been looking for the thing, hence the phrase "finally spotted".
"Cuando amanece se van a inflictir, duros castigos y oscuros tormentos, a los que ni quieren ni dejan vivir" -'Posada de los Muertos'
Tiree
Champion

Unread post by Tiree »

In AoTSC page 42 it states that the UEEF has more than one Factory Satellite
ESalter
Adventurer

Unread post by ESalter »

Nimul wrote:Its entirely possible perhaps the Masters were building their own version of a Neutron S Missile with space cruisers able to destroy a planet in a single blast rather than rely on the mysterious Shadow Technology.

Personally, I doubt that neutron-s missiles are so different from each other that some are Shadow technology and some aren't.

WRT factory satellites:
I believe the Sentinels satellite was called a repair factory, which suggests that you can't count satellites from words alone.
Lt Gargoyle
Champion
Comment: Well men if we're going to die, then let us die with honor.

Unread post by Lt Gargoyle »

Nimul wrote:One thing I would be curious about would be the people of Earth versus the people on Tirol. Wouldnt the Earth people and bands feel that the REF abandoned them to live on Tirol?

I doubt that they would feel abandon. but they may not want them back on earth. they could see them as the reason for so much of the destruction on earth. like those human in lake town. they might just want to be free of the UEEF/REF and all those who are part of the UEG.

it could lead to a civil war which has the human on earth fighting those in space.
Well men if we are destine to die, let us die with honor

If all of your wishes are granted then many of your dreams will be destroyed.

The final form of a person character lies in their own hands

Sgt Anjay
Hero

Zor Disciple wrote:Tossing evidence, just cause you don't like what it means, is a poor way to interpret the anime. You may disagree with an interpretation but suggesting tossing it is silly.
I'm not tossing evidence, because there is no evidence to toss. That sentence doesn't mean what you're saying it means, as proven by the multiple examples of variations of that sentence using generic nouns. Those examples wouldn't work if you were right, but they do in fact work.
Sgt Anjay
Hero

Zor Disciple wrote:
Colonel Wolfe wrote:
Zor Disciple wrote:
Sgt Anjay wrote:
Zor Disciple wrote:I am not sure that really refers to NS missiles. Seems unlikely anyone would call the NS missile a cruiser.

if the Cops said they "Finally found the Criminal they were looking for" would it imply that there is only one Criminal in the Universe?

If they said "we finally nailed the terrorist Osama bin Laden" then yes, it is refering to one and only one.
That proves Colonel Wolfe is right. You can use a generic noun like he did, or you can use a proper noun like you did. Because you can use either one, the sentence isn't any proof of anything.
FreelancerMar
Adventurer

Unread post by FreelancerMar »

And the flame war has in fact begun.

(Grabs a bag of popcorn, sits down on the couch and begins to watch the madness while munching the popcorn.)

Now onward to the point.

Even IF there is/was more than 1 RFS, than the others would be just as dysfunctional or DEAD as the one that had been captured due to running out of PC. This means that in all likelyhood that the others are also DEAD IN SPACE due to the LACK of FUEL and/or PC.

You may now continue on with your flame war.
Sgt Anjay
Hero

FreelancerMar wrote:Even IF there is/was more than 1 RFS, than the others would be just as dysfunctional or DEAD as the one that had been captured due to running out of PC. This means that in all likelyhood that the others are also DEAD IN SPACE due to the LACK of FUEL and/or PC.
You might want to watch The Shadow Chronicles, since it proves that wrong.
Tiree
Champion

Unread post by Tiree »

According to AotSC there are many robotech factory satellites.
FreelancerMar
Adventurer

SSL Is NOT a ZRFS. And I did watch RTSC. I have it on disc and I watched it last night. I Saw no ZRFS in the movie. At least NOTHING I would recognize as a ZRFS. The only thing I saw onscreen that massive is SSL which is NOT a ZRFS.

There is also one more thing to consider. Even with the PC Matrix, PC cannot be made without the IFOL which would mean having to track the Invid down again because the Regis took it/them all with her when she left. I also very much doubt that the Invid would be happy to see the humans again after being once again driven off one of those ultra rare worlds that could support and sustain the FOL and therefore sustain the Invid.
Sgt Anjay
Hero

FreelancerMar wrote:SSL Is NOT a ZRFS. And I did watch RTSC. I have it on disc and I watched it last night. I Saw no ZRFS in the movie. At least NOTHING I would recognize as a ZRFS. The only thing I saw onscreen that massive is SSL which is NOT a ZRFS.
By the book, you're wrong.

FreelancerMar wrote:There is also one more thing to consider. Even with the PC Matrix, PC cannot be made without the IFOL which would mean having to track the Invid down again because the Regis took it/them all with her when she left. I also very much doubt that the Invid would be happy to see the humans again after being once again driven off one of those ultra rare worlds that could support and sustain the FOL and therefore sustain the Invid.
As the end of Southern Cross proved, if you have a matrix, you can get Flowers of Life. You can then grow Flowers of Life on Earth. The SDF-3 has a matrix. They get the SDF-3 back, problem solved.
Colonel Wolfe
Knight

where do they say the Invid took the flower of life? I thought it said she took all the protoculture on earth.... (which i find hard to believe)
FreelancerMar
Adventurer

It would be Ludacris to believe that she would leave any of it behind at all.

However I would say that it would be more accurate to say that She took ALL of the Invid Stores of Protoculture with her when she left. There is also No WAY that she would leave the IFOL behind because it is not only the Invid's sole source of food(She see's it as the sole Property of the Invid people), but the raw material needed to make Protoculture. Another note is that SHE does not need a pc matrix to make more PC.

If one follows that line of thinking, The Regis would also not leave behind any raw materials that would allow the enemy(IE All Non-Invid) to create any new Protoculture either.
Colonel Wolfe
Knight

FreelancerMar wrote:It would be Ludacris to believe that she would leave any of it behind at all.

However I would say that it would be more accurate to say that She took ALL of the Invid Stores of Protoculture with her when she left. There is also No WAY that she would leave the IFOL behind because it is not only the Invid's sole source of food(She see's it as the sole Property of the Invid people), but the raw material needed to make Protoculture. Another note is that SHE does not need a pc matrix to make more PC.

If one follows that line of thinking, The Regis would also not leave behind any raw materials that would allow the enemy(IE All Non-Invid) to create any new Protoculture either.
its an interesting line of thinking, but the FOL is a plant, and it kinda grows all over the place... I find it hard to fathom she took every plant wiht her, and every last seed or spore. if she has the power to do this, then how was it ever taken from her? if she can majikly teleport anything protoculture related with her (including entire storage supplied in new york and other cities), why didnt she do it when the master first found the fol...
She was running like a Frightened Kitten in a burnign house... she may have took her supply of Protoculture at reflex point.. but i have a hard time believing she took the time to grab everything on the way out.
FreelancerMar
Adventurer

It was said onscreen that she took it all(PC) which probably meant all the Invid stores of it. It also would not be unreasonable to assume that She took most or all of the IFOL too and that there is probably some sort of range limit to her powers.

One must also remember that the Regis and her children were not always the Galactic Terror as portrayed onscreen. ZOR Seduced the Regis then Stole the secret of protoculture from her. He Then Loaded a lot of the FOL on to the SDF-1 and folded away(and out of range) before the Horrorific acts were done to her planet and her people. In this case Love was Blind, DEF, MUTE, and Stupid. I also do not believe that she would allow another such thing to happen again.

She Fled because she recognized the Neutron-S Missiles and what they were capable of. She also took all of the Invid Stores of Protoculture and Probably all of the IFOL with her when she fled. I will have to re-watch it again but I believe the Regis says something to this effect in the NG TV Show. The End result is basically the same.

I now await the rebuttal(this is starting to be fun)
Seto Kaiba
Knight

FreelancerMar wrote:SSL Is NOT a ZRFS. And I did watch RTSC. I have it on disc and I watched it last night. I Saw no ZRFS in the movie. At least NOTHING I would recognize as a ZRFS. The only thing I saw onscreen that massive is SSL which is NOT a ZRFS.

As unusual as it is for me to say this... Sgt Anjay is entirely correct. True, it's not a subject that comes up during the Shadow Chronicles movie, but the setting material in the official RTSC art book says otherwise. I know it doesn't look a thing like Macross's factory satellite(s), or even the redesigned version of same that appeared in Sentinels, but The Art of Robotech: the Shadow Chronicles does identify Space Station Liberty as a captured factory satellite.

(As a side note, the actual appearance of Space Station Liberty doesn't even match up with that same article's description of a factory satellite as "giant mobile manufacturing center" that was "built into massive conglomerations of asteroids", but they persist in insisting it's a factory satellite.)

For your convenience, and since people get a bit twitchy if I don't, I'll quote the relevant material from the Space Station Liberty entry from page 42 of The Art of Robotech: the Shadow Chronicles:

Space Station Liberty is one of the most well known of the factory satellites that were appropriated by the humans during the fall of the Tirolian Empire. These giant mobile manufacturing centers were built into massive conglomerations of asteroids that can also serve as advance military bases for deep-space expeditions.

FreelancerMar wrote:If one follows that line of thinking, The Regis would also not leave behind any raw materials that would allow the enemy(IE All Non-Invid) to create any new Protoculture either.

This, on the other hand, fits quite well with General Reinhardt's dialogue about how the Expeditionary Forces only had the reserve fuel for a few more months of operation, and thus needed to find the SDF-3 and its protoculture matrix ASAP.

EDIT: Spelling.

Colonel Wolfe
Knight

Except its stated She took Protoculture, and the SDF-3 had a matrix onboard that left them with about a year of fuel. there was no mention of lacking other products to make protoculture, just they lacked a Matrix.
but also, it seams the FOL and such weren't needed by the REF to make protoculture, being they were willing to destroy the earth (and murder all the humans left), rather than left the invid live in peace on the planet.
because I don't remember anyone mentioning the invid took anything but Protoculture. infact the Regesis says something about consume all the protoculture and follow the light...
rtsurfer
Adventurer

FreelancerMar wrote:She Fled because she recognized the Neutron-S Missiles and what they were capable of.

IIRC that's why she fled in RSC but not in TNG. In TNG she felt Earth had been corrupted by the Masters, was tired of fighting, and had found a new planet. Ariel and her friends begging might have had something to do with it as well. She does say they will consume all of the pc but what that means is left open to interpretation.

Colonel Wolfe
Knight

rtsurfer wrote:
FreelancerMar wrote:She Fled because she recognized the Neutron-S Missiles and what they were capable of.

IIRC that's why she fled in RSC but not in TNG. In TNG she felt Earth had been corrupted by the Masters, was tired of fighting, and had found a new planet. Ariel and her friends begging might have had something to do with it as well. She does say they will consume all of the pc but what that means is left open to interpretation.

If I say I'm gonna eat all the food before i leave for work... did I eat all the food in the world? or all the food in my house/Frig? she can't consume things she isn't in control of.
Scott's Beta (and Alpha in RTSC) is protoculture powered, but it's still able to fly to the moon, so she didn't consume that protoculture.

and I felt she ran in Robotech, because she was out-numbered by a hostile force, that was going to keep fighting until one side was dead... and from the looks it was going to be her. in TSC... Tommy and the Writers ran a plot-train on her, and made know the neutron-s missiles were evil.

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”